in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Flurry/offhand sword says hi.

Not happy with new Combustive shot

in Warrior

Posted by: UnrealUK.9506

UnrealUK.9506

Yes. I can see where the logic might be for some of the Hammer changes, even if I think they might be a little too extreme, but this spate of Longbow nerfs seems…bizarre.

I’m not sure anyone has ever, once, complained about the Longbow in any way, shape or form. It had good functionality, and you needed to know how to use it to use it well. First came the weird AoE radius nerf for adrenaline levels I and II, and now practically destroying the base damage capability of the pulse for power/crit builds.

I’m not going to engage in the rampant rhetoric that so defines this board, but it does feel as if we’re being pushed further again to choosing condition builds.

Tarian Thalberg ~ Warrior ~ Lux Arcana [LUX]
Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: FeveredDreamer.2693

FeveredDreamer.2693

Personally I’m ok with the changes all around, everyone knew the Hammer changes were coming and they’ll be easy to rebuild around. The longbow ones really do suck though, I’m a big fan of the weapon and the hits it took sting quite a bit more than the hammer ones. Still, I’ll wait to see how they play out.

in Warrior

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Nor am I, but as bad as this is, it is still worlds better than the Ranger LB AoE. I can only hope all other AoE’s from other classes are getting the like kind treatment, because the massive overlapping circles in WvWvW in some keep/castle takes is staggering.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitaro.3695

Kitaro.3695

To Anet,

Leave LB alone.

From a WvW perspective,

You have already nerfed the fire field radii for stage one making it more difficult to use the fire field as a combo for leaps and such to improve already weak sword/bow damage including how this combos with the others in a party. Now you are messing with its raw damage and condi-damage.

With the hammer and mace nerfs as well as the LB nerfs you will have hamstrung several (about 1/2) the viable warrior builds in WvW. (cc builds, condi sword/lb builds, damage s/x-lb builds)

Please rethink your upcoming balance changes.

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

There’s a reason why condi damage is the only stat you have to increase to do massive condi dmg and can afford to spend the rest of your stat points getting a mix of toughness, vit and healing power.

Versus needing to balance power, crit chance and crit dmg for power builds. And then let’s do targeted nerfs on the power builds.

Anet wants everyone to run super boring tank condi specs, preferably from range.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I already HATE the slow “pulse” speed of combustive shot. Once every 2 seconds is sorta slow. Now they want to change it to every 3 seconds?!

Alternatively, Rangers Barrage skill hits once every 0.6 seconds!

Please, Please, Please, speed UP the pulse to 1.5 or 1 second. DONT slow it down even more from 2 to 3!

I’m not even talking about increasing the DPS, that can be normalized and spread across the faster pulses.

in Warrior

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

being someone who has 7000 hours invested in their warrior, I am actually looking forward to this change as it balances the class.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

being someone who has 7000 hours invested in their warrior, I am actually looking forward to this change as it balances the class.

Busted.Thief trolling warrior forum.Good job sir

in Warrior

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Busted.Thief trolling warrior forum.Good job sir

Yeah he was at 14000 hours played as a warrior in the thread with the dev discussion.

I think we are starting to get a good glimpse of the 180 from power/crit to condi-healing/toughness. From action rpg to kitten near turn based when/if this comes to fruition

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Yes, i think this is one of the ridiculous nerf,
Lv1 and Lv2 of F1 is already so small… that no one really step upon..

and why the huge gap between Lv2 and Lv3…

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

I already HATE the slow “pulse” speed of combustive shot. Once every 2 seconds is sorta slow. Now they want to change it to every 3 seconds?!

Please, Please, Please, speed UP the pulse to 1.5 or 1 second. DONT slow it down even more from 2 to 3!

I’m not even talking about increasing the DPS, that can be normalized and spread across the faster pulses.

Incidentally, ANet’s argument for slowing the pulses down is not the damage (stated to be normalised to the new pulse rate anyways, and the total burning duration is actually increased)

ANet’s argument is that the current pulse rate generates additional adrenaline too quickly, hence lowering the number of hits.

The new form has 2 seconds higher base burning duration total and the fire field will last 1 second longer at full adrenaline. Assuming the normalisation goes properly, it’s a buff to everything except the adrenaline gain rate.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Incidentally, ANet’s argument for slowing the pulses down is not the damage (stated to be normalised to the new pulse rate anyways, and the total burning duration is actually increased)

ANet’s argument is that the current pulse rate generates additional adrenaline too quickly, hence lowering the number of hits.

The new form has 2 seconds higher base burning duration total and the fire field will last 1 second longer at full adrenaline. Assuming the normalisation goes properly, it’s a buff to everything except the adrenaline gain rate.

You are assuming that the enemy players will stand in the fire field for the entire duration. And that will not happen. If the concern is that the current pulse rate generates too much adrenaline, then put a cap on the adrenaline gains. Make it so that instead of it calculating how many enemies it hits to add adrenaline, just be that if a pulse hits at least 1 enemy, generate 1 adrenaline. So 1 Combustive Shot pulse can only generate 1 adrenaline (provided it hits something). This way you solve the adrenaline generating problem and don’t weaken the skill heavily.
The skill has already been weakened by having the radius at adrenaline levels 1 and 2 smaller, making it that much more difficult to use. Please try cutting the adrenaline gain per pulse, rather than increasing its time between pulse rate or total duration.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Warrior

Posted by: Nevarato.3178

Nevarato.3178

If their problem with the skill is its adrenaline generation. Why don’t they just make it so you don’t get any adrenaline from its attacks, like with Flurry? And increase the pulse to 1 per sec, and reduce burning to 1 sec? (obviously reduce physical atk of it to balance with it’s pulse rate, to be equal to the dmg it does now)

(edited by Nevarato.3178)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

You are assuming that the enemy players will stand in the fire field for the entire duration. And that will not happen. If the concern is that the current pulse rate generates too much adrenaline, then put a cap on the adrenaline gains. Make it so that instead of it calculating how many enemies it hits to add adrenaline, just be that if a pulse hits at least 1 enemy, generate 1 adrenaline. So 1 Combustive Shot pulse can only generate 1 adrenaline (provided it hits something). This way you solve the adrenaline generating problem and don’t weaken the skill heavily.
The skill has already been weakened by having the radius at adrenaline levels 1 and 2 smaller, making it that much more difficult to use. Please try cutting the adrenaline gain per pulse, rather than increasing its time between pulse rate or total duration.

I’ll bring out the entire quote here.

Longbow
A lot of thought went into the change to combustive shot. This skill was simply too effective at renewing itself. One of the drawbacks of the burst skills needs to be losing your adrenaline, but this skill was easily able to restore all of the adrenaline it lost. Rather than reduce the burn duration we reduced the # of attacks this skill creates because we felt it made it more counterable in PvP and less reliable in PvE as an adrenaline builder

The adrenaline issue is directed at PvE. However, also note that the lower hit rate is intended to make it easier to avoid in PvP as well.

The PvE adrenaline reduction is being counterbalanced by the added burning duration; WvW isn’t really affected because it’s likely still going to hit people in zerg v zerg. PvP is the most harshly affected, but that’s exactly what’s intended.

in Warrior

mini.6018

I’ll bring out the entire quote here.

Longbow
A lot of thought went into the change to combustive shot. This skill was simply too effective at renewing itself. One of the drawbacks of the burst skills needs to be losing your adrenaline, but this skill was easily able to restore all of the adrenaline it lost. Rather than reduce the burn duration we reduced the # of attacks this skill creates because we felt it made it more counterable in PvP and less reliable in PvE as an adrenaline builder

The adrenaline issue is directed at PvE. However, also note that the lower hit rate is intended to make it easier to avoid in PvP as well.

The PvE adrenaline reduction is being counterbalanced by the added burning duration; WvW isn’t really affected because it’s likely still going to hit people in zerg v zerg. PvP is the most harshly affected, but that’s exactly what’s intended.

OH thanx for explaining that to us finally someone came to the rescue / sarcasm

DAMAGE nerf is not needed.Look at guardian symbols they tick once per second with more damage while also aplying buffs.Very good for aplying burst dps.Combustive shot already was 2 times slower and damage was already to low now they will nerf it even more.Bow f1 power dps if not else NEEDS A BOOST instead they just go on by nerfing 33% and respectively 20%its base for nothing while making it extremely easy to avoid .I mean lol 3 seconds to get out before the 2nd tick isn’t that too much? In 3 whole seconds a thief can end up most fights in pvp anmd the damage was already laughably low.

in Warrior

Dand.8231

There’s a bit too much to quote here…

Combustive shot’s damage was NOT all that impressive. It certainly does NOT need a DPS Nerf.

And it’s pulse speed is already painfully slow. Again, Rangers Barrage is 0.6 sepnds between each pulse. Combustive shot is currently 2, and looking to be made even worse, 3 seconds.

Combustive shot was already nerfed. It’s already not worth using at level 1 or 2 anymore.

Here’s a way to fix combustive shot, and make ALL levels useful.

Combustive Shot

• All adrenaline levels place the same size fire field.
  • Duration is 3 seconds per Adrenaline level. (3 seconds at Adren 1, 9 seconds at Adren 3)
  • Pulses for normalized damage every 1 second.
  • Adrenaline gain is 1 per pulse, if the pulse inflicts damage. The number of targets struck is unimportant.

in Warrior

Peow peow.2189

Being someone with 12000 hours invested into my warrior I just got my 9th legendary and I am looking foward to this change, in fact they have buffed us a bit too much…

in Warrior

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Being someone with 12000 hours invested into my warrior I just got my 9th legendary and I am looking foward to this change, in fact they have buffed us a bit too much…

Interesting how you got additional 5000 hours on your warrior in the last 24 hours.
Do you have a time machine?

On Topic:
An additional nerf to the raw damage of combustive is unnecessary in my opinion.
Especially if the reason for the change is the adrenaline gain.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

(edited by Turamarth.3248)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I think we should do massive report peow peow to take him out of forums for good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Combustive Shot is insanely strong. It gives Warriors an incredible amount of ranged damage on top of having great melee-control and damage with hammer. It was especially nasty when used with Pin Down. Combined with the fact that it doesn’t “miss” so you can proc your Cleansing Ire, and the skill was just utterly broke. I’m very happy that this skill is finally receiving a nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Combustive Shot is insanely strong. It gives Warriors an incredible amount of ranged damage on top of having great melee-control and damage with hammer. It was especially nasty when used with Pin Down. Combined with the fact that it doesn’t “miss” so you can proc your Cleansing Ire, and the skill was just utterly broke. I’m very happy that this skill is finally receiving a nerf.

Insanely strong if you stand a full 8 sec on it yes. (soon 9 sec with 1 pulse removed)
even with pin down its only 3sec.. normally people stand a 2-4 sec in it..

So before you get 2 or 3 pulses.
Now you get max 2 pulses (if you do get more than your just playing stupid.. because if you get the next pulse, your standing there for 6sec in it.. never seen people standing there for 6 sec)

You are talking about the combo of Hammer and Longbow which both require massive Adrenaline gaining to do. With the tick time increase, that wouldn’t happen from Longbow F1 anymore. Now add the damage nerf (normalization) and you see the issue…double whammy.

Secondly, no one stands in a red circle for more than absolutely necessary. It is the same as a Warrior approaching with a Greatsword and using a Hundred Blades while you would stand there and face-tank getting chewed and that only happens if you are also hard CC’d (see above).

What the double whammy to Longbow does is it basically means the target has another full second/CC to wear off/condition to wear off and get out of the circle. Can you respond in less than 3s with a 2s CC duration? And IF the target doesn’t get out of the circle they still will take 15% less damage (at a minimum, need to confirm if normalization occurs before or after tick increase) over time.

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Combustive Shot is insanely strong. It gives Warriors an incredible amount of ranged damage

Insanely strong based on what exactly? In PvP mode, full Zerker and 30 in Strength, it’s power-based direct damage is 370 per pulse, with each pulse being 2 seconds apart. That’s 185 DPS.

If you stand in all 5 pulses, you take a grand total of 1850 direct damage. You’re also probably AFK or an idiot. Most people move out after the 2nd, taking 740 damage. Axe’s Eviscerate, by contrast, does 2,300ish damage. GS’s Arcing Slice (which most warriors consider a joke) deals about 1,100 damage.

on top of having great melee-control and damage with hammer.

That sounds like justification to nerf hammer (which they’re doing) not justification to nerf Longbow.

It was especially nasty when used with Pin Down.

Ping down immob’s you for 3 seconds. Which is 1 and half pulses. I dont know a lot of people who consider 740 damage (2 pulses) “nasty” especially if their opponent is glass cause they’re full zerker. I see a lot of Thieves who pop out of stealth with 5k non-crit backstabs in full zerker, however.

Combined with the fact that it doesn’t “miss” so you can proc your Cleansing Ire

Cleansing Ire only cleans when you consume adrenaline. If you fire and “miss” you’ve effectively wasted your adrenaline to inflict 0 damage, but to clean conditions.

Trading off Offensive damage, for Defensive ability (cleaning condis) sounds sorta EXACTLY like what a Trait in the Defense tree should be accomplishing.

So, seriously Neko, can you explain to me again how this is a broken ability??

in Warrior

Fallout.1798

And it’s pulse speed is already painfully slow. Again, Rangers Barrage is 0.6 sepnds between each pulse. Combustive shot is currently 2, and looking to be made even worse, 3 seconds.

Combustive shot was already nerfed. It’s already not worth using at level 1 or 2 anymore.

Here’s a way to fix combustive shot, and make ALL levels useful.

Combustive Shot

• All adrenaline levels place the same size fire field.
  • Duration is 3 seconds per Adrenaline level. (3 seconds at Adren 1, 9 seconds at Adren 3)
  • Pulses for normalized damage every 1 second.
  • Adrenaline gain is 1 per pulse, if the pulse inflicts damage. The number of targets struck is unimportant.

This is what I am saying, Combustive shot does not need a nerf to its damage. If adrenaline gain is the core reason for the concern here, change the adrenaline gain from it to be exactly the same as the sword bust, Flurry works. The hits from the Flurry attacks do not generate any base adrenaline.
Please consider changing the Combustive shot adrenaline gain to be the same at Flurry, instead of just nerfing the whole skill altogether.

Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Posted by: YoloFredom.6329

YoloFredom.6329

To OP.

Firstly, its a L2P issue. Try timing your imobilise skills (Pin down and Flurry) with your AoE pulse skills from your LB, its not hard.

Bit if you cant manage to push a few buttons in the correct order then well sir, there is no hope for you.

Signed this game is ezomode

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

To OP.

Firstly, its a L2P issue. Try timing your imobilise skills (Pin down and Flurry) with your AoE pulse skills from your LB, its not hard.

Bit if you cant manage to push a few buttons in the correct order then well sir, there is no hope for you.

Ooo we have a pro here.

Firstly mr pro, not everyone pairs lb with sword

Second, not everyone runs without condi removal/teleports.

Third, quaqqan backpack on.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

To OP.

Ooo we have a pro here.

Then use one of the other dozen stuns or root a warrior has access to. You do not need sword/sword to do this.

You run without condition removal or movement skills? If this is true, you cannot complain about anything…ever.

in Warrior

Posted by: YoloFredom.6329

YoloFredom.6329

Cheers Jimmy glad someone can see the sense.

in Warrior

mini.6018

To OP.

Please link us a video of yourself stunning a mesmer with more than 2 fingers with mace stun or immobilize him in your red circle in a 1v1.Kthx bye.
Ps flurry and combustive shot at the same timehmm.Wich one is more crap 1second immobize or lvl1 combustive .Y thats a lot of damage /sarcasm , except is not even enough to kill a ranger or necro pet.When we need pve or zerging advice we will give you a pm don’t worry.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

To OP.

Ooo we have a pro here.

Then use one of the other dozen stuns or root a warrior has access to. You do not need sword/sword to do this.

You run without condition removal or movement skills? If this is true, you cannot complain about anything…ever.

“Not everyone runs without condi removal,teleports” it actually means that everyone do.

And what cc’s exacly? Once u use combu at lv3 bc lv 1/2 sux hard atm, all u got left is 1 stage of adrenaline if running burst mastery..1sec stun yay, but w8..combu shot gonna last 9sec now ; o no decent player will stand for longer than 2sec in the field, also: stun breakers.

Why i do feel like im feeding trolls? Ah right..

in Warrior

Dand.8231

What???

What he actually said was:

not everyone runs without condi removal/teleports.

Meaning, forcing an opponent to remain inside your Combustive shot burning field is often very difficult. Any smart player will break stun/immob and dodge roll away (or even just casually waltz out).

Combustive shot (and Arcing shot) has a fairly obvious and telegraphed animation.

Pro-Tip: It’s the giant orange flaming beachball sized shot slowing drifting through the air towards a fixed point on the ground. It’s crazy easy to dodge out of the radius before the field even goes down.

Unless im at point blank with an enemy Longbow Warrior, I can easily dodge-roll away before even the first pulse activates, thus taking 0 damage. This means you gotta pin me down FIRST to even get the initial single pulse. By the time the second pulse is ready to tick 2 seconds later, I’ve broken immob, and am outside the field radius, or if im especially sluggish that day, in an evade frame while on my way out of the radius.

Heck, I’ve chased fellow Longbow warriors INTO their fire field, because they’re willing to stay within it. The low pulse damage im taking is EASILY a worthwhile tradeoff for them to stop trying to kite, and let me remain up close, allowing me to shred them. I do roughly 3x as much melee damage as their fire pulse inflicts. I’ll take that trade any day of the week.

in Warrior

Fallout.1798

Combustive shot (and Arcing shot) has a fairly obvious and telegraphed animation.

Pro-Tip: It’s the giant orange flaming beachball sized shot slowing drifting through the air towards a fixed point on the ground. It’s crazy easy to dodge out of the radius before the field even goes down.

Unless im at point blank with an enemy Longbow Warrior, I can easily dodge-roll away before even the first pulse activates, thus taking 0 damage. This means you gotta pin me down FIRST to even get the initial single pulse. By the time the second pulse is ready to tick 2 seconds later, I’ve broken immob, and am outside the field radius, or if im especially sluggish that day, in an evade frame while on my way out of the radius.

Heck, I’ve chased fellow Longbow warriors INTO their fire field, because they’re willing to stay within it. The low pulse damage im taking is EASILY a worthwhile tradeoff for them to stop trying to kite, and let me remain up close, allowing me to shred them. I do roughly 3x as much melee damage as their fire pulse inflicts. I’ll take that trade any day of the week.

This is the other thing about Combustive shot that has really annoyed me. It is so painfully slow. Not just in its current pulse rate of every 2 seconds, but the attack animation of the projectile is slow. “Hey look there’s a big glowing orange arrow flying in my direction I better move away before it even lands”.

I have said before and I will say it again, Arena Net, you are trying to fix something that does not event address the problem you have stated. You have said that this is because the current one rebuilds too much adrenaline. Well then instead of changing the pulse rate of the skill, fix the actual problem itself. Change Combustive Shot so that its adrenaline gain mechanic is EXACTLY the same as main hand sword Flurry burst skill. Flurry does not generate adrenaline from its hits, even when it hits more than 1 target (I know because I have tested this many times, however the Furious trait seems to be able to take effect, but that’s a separate source of adrenaline gain). I will gladly take having Combustive shot generating me little to no adrenaline over making it even weaker and a slower pulse rate.

Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

To OP.

Ooo we have a pro here.

“Not everyone runs without condi removal,teleports” it actually means that everyone do.

And what cc’s exacly? Once u use combu at lv3 bc lv 1/2 sux hard atm, all u got left is 1 stage of adrenaline if running burst mastery..1sec stun yay, but w8..combu shot gonna last 9sec now ; o no decent player will stand for longer than 2sec in the field, also: stun breakers.

Given your use of double negatives and heavy sarcasm, I missed that ‘without’ part. Not a big deal really, as I wasn’t agreeing with YoloFredom as much as pointing out that warriors have access to a plethora of CC mechanics. I agree with you about Combustive Shot though. Read my other posts on the topic. In comparison to Ranger bow AoE effects or Necromancer condition AoE effects, it is woeful.

The point of my post was to refute your assertion that Pin Down is the only way to CC a foe in the Combustive Shot AoE. Warriors also have access to Throw Bolas , Shield Bash, Earthshaker, Skull Crack, Backbreaker. Tremor, Bull’s Charge and Stomp. I use two of these with reasonable success.

in Warrior

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

After dealing with so many condi warriors in s/tPvP i’d rather they just nerf sword 4 and leave everything where it is, it’s not hard to outplay a warrior. They’re slow, skills have very ovbious animations & their stances have decent cd’s. I dont play warrior but even I can learn to play against one. Earthshaker nerf is a bit necessary though just because if a warrior uses it & hits all 5 people it’s devastating and can win a losing fight.

in Warrior

Peow peow.2189

Dude I won a 6v1 in solo q pvp last night . I just fire blazed then combustion shot all 6 of the opponent team, end score was 501- 21

This move is godlike

in Warrior

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Jesus I could walk my kids to school through combustive shot with a 3 second pulse, wtf.