Not one warrior fix. Seriously. Again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deria.9158

Deria.9158

I’m not one to complain, but this is actually starting to be somewhat annoying.

No fast-hands fix.

How hard is that to fix?

if (Player.getClass == WARRIOR && Player.hasTrait(FAST_HANDS) == true)
weapon_swap_timer=5;

Seriously. If it is any more complex then that, then you’re doing it wrong.

For the Revenge bug, it would be even easier — when the player respawns, remove the buff instead of letting it stay there to kill the player when it removes itself.

Moving on, though — no fix for ANY warrior bugs.

I’m very disappointed.

At this point, I’d actually support scrapping the December event entirely and just receiving a bug-fixes release. Not buffs, not new features, just bug fixes.

Why aren’t bug fixes happening? There seems to be a pretty big disconnect between what players want and want the developers/producers think we want.

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

Hell how long has everyone been calling for a fix for the stealth rendering bug in WvW and nope despite promises and assurances that still goes unfixed so I am in no way surprised.

in Warrior

Deria.9158

I didn’t mention that one, but I honestly wouldn’t care if they rendered everyone as stick-figures with a name of “YOU ARE ABOUT TO DIE [PWND]” over their head as long as they showed some indication that imminent death was 20 feet away from me. I’ve walked into more 75 man zergs in the last month then I can count because the game client showed me like 2 people instead of 75.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

the whole situation with bugs, culling, and their inability to alter or solve them kinda unfortunatly seems to suggest serious flaws in their game engine… the lack of bug fixes comes not it seems from lack of bug awarness but far worse the inability to fix these bugs…

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

(edited by Tammuz.7361)

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

discovers there was a patch today
Oh, I see. That’s kind of upsetting. I don’t understand why the Warrior fixes aren’t happening. I’d love for some communication about this…

There’s supposed to be a patch on the 14th, we’ll see what that encompasses.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

(edited by Faranox.4217)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

the only thing they really NEED to do for warrior is bug fixes right now…

that and make mele viable in higher levels of FOTM

maby some boost to our level 30 traits in the defense tree?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Warrior

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

Although Id like to see Vengeance and fast hands to get fixed (and the countless other minor bugs out there) I am happy that they didnt nerf us in the first place.
I know other gaming companies starting with a B and ending with izzard nerf otherwise balanced classes to the ground for no reason.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

No fast-hands fix.

How hard is that to fix?

weapon_swap_timer=5;

For the Revenge bug, it would be even easier — when the player respawns, remove the buff instead of letting it stay there to kill the player when it removes itself.

I’m very disappointed.

At this point, I’d actually support scrapping the December event entirely and just receiving a bug-fixes release. Not buffs, not new features, just bug fixes.

Why aren’t bug fixes happening? There seems to be a pretty big disconnect between what players want and want the developers/producers think we want.

I also don’t know why it’s that hard to even convert that to a function and call it whenever they hit the swap button. I don’t see how difficult this could be.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

I personally don’t see why any class should have any cooldown for weapon swaps. Is it to cater to a more casual crowd? Do they want to give us less flexibility? What was the design purpose? Was it so warriors can get a bugged trait to lessen the swap time? Were the devs out of ideas for minor warrior traits?

I’m serious about this. I’m not trying to be a smartass.

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I personally don’t see why any class should have any cooldown for weapon swaps. Is it to cater to a more casual crowd? Do they want to give us less flexibility? What was the design purpose? Was it so warriors can get a bugged trait to lessen the swap time? Were the devs out of ideas for minor warrior traits?

I’m serious about this. I’m not trying to be a smartass.

A cooldown is necessary for counter game-play. When a guardian swaps to a hammer, for example, it alerts you. You can think, “Ok the guardian has a hammer out. That means I will get prepared to dodge his knock back.” Without a weapon swap cooldown, people could just troll each other by swapping infinitely and you’d never be able to read your opponent.

Fast Hands is such a crucial part of the Warrior class, though. 5 seconds is an eternity in sPvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

Right, but currently, a warrior will run around with a little mace, and you think you’re all fine. You dodge twice then suddenly, boom a stun, surprise my other weapon was a greatsword, byebye hundred blades. You can’t read it until it hits you.

Then when you see him the second time, you know what to expect and can play him accordingly. The cooldown had no effect on the counter play the first time nor the second.

I think the scenario translates more or less to every class. You see a thief with a shortbow running around all over the map, you don’t really think, “oh he’s going to range me with that thing.” You think he’s going to ravage me somehow (with conditions, pistol whip, backstab), and although I don’t know yet, I’ll know the next time I see him.

If anything, I would imagine being able to switch quickly would offer more chances at counter play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

badly want/need the fast hand fix. I hate ending fights with mace/shield out; either gotta run slowly until next fight or pull out gs to move fast (and reset the bug). Both options suck bad

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

Chill folks. It wasn’t a big profession change patch at all. Mainly they’re fixing and tweaking their Ele changes from last patch, and I can’t even tell if that went well.

My char would also give various body parts (that belonged to other people) for a Fast Hands fix but I think even the details of that bug hint that it’s not as easy to fix as you think. And devs have outright said it’s not an easy one, too. All profs are buggy so we can at least leave the complaining for the big profession fix patches.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

discovers there was a patch today
I don’t understand why the Warrior fixes aren’t happening..

Yeah, whirling axe is TOTALLY a thief skill….

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Volley is still not effected by Crack Shot trait. Tooltip says 8s cooldown, but actually its 10s.

in Warrior

Ksielvin.1587

Yeah, whirling axe is TOTALLY a thief skill….

It was about the stolen version. The warrior one is already interruptable with other skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Memphisjz.1405

Memphisjz.1405

Yes, this is also starting to become frustrating for me.

I thought Anet had some people assigned to each class in particular (like a ‘warrior responsible’ ). How hard could it be for that person(s) to change endure pain from 4 seconds to 5 seconds (or change the tooltip from 5 → 4). I mean, that is like changing a number…. yet they don’t even bother to do that?

I don’t want to set a too negative tone, but com’n. The game has been released for a while now. I can understand some serious bugs that relate to game engine stuff (takes longer to fix), but setting the duration right to match tooltips?

and Fast Hands ! I can’t count the times i died due to fast hands not working (when i really needed my shield block)

Hylo Hammerswing [AoA]
Treb Master of the Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Heighten Focus still doesn’t apply in the Hero panel. Just still have to go on blind faith that it works…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

weapon_swap_timer=5;

No brackets on your one-line if statements? Pig disgusting!

But I kid. I see that you have some knowledge of computer programming, so you should understand this. If you’ve listened to any of the dev chatter you know that they’re aware of the bugs at hand, but pushing out the fixes takes a while. Why is that? Because they’re fixing the issues in the game engine itself, not applying cheap little patches like this one as a hackney solution to an issue.

A further issue is that with a game this big and an engine this involved, fixing something can cause other issues to arise in other locations.

The slow process of bug fixing isn’t due to a lack of caring or a lack of talent, it’s because debugging in systems as large as these is a much more complex beast than it looks like from the outside. Especially if you want to do it right.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

And this is why I gave up on the bug thread (and game in general).

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Right, but currently, a warrior will run around with a little mace, and you think you’re all fine. You dodge twice then suddenly, boom a stun, surprise my other weapon was a greatsword, byebye hundred blades. You can’t read it until it hits you.

Then when you see him the second time, you know what to expect and can play him accordingly. The cooldown had no effect on the counter play the first time nor the second.

Just because a beginner on his first day of PvP doesn’t know what a warrior’s mace can do, doesn’t mean there is no balance value in weapon swap cooldowns.

Remember, weapons in GW2 are not like anything else in any other MMO. Each weapon in GW2 equates to an entirely different skill kit and play-style. Being able to transform one’s self from a long ranged harasser to melee nuker or CC machine with the press of a swap button is powerful, and with power comes balance regulation. The weapon swap cooldown gives players the chance to anticipate and plan more strategically against their opponents.

This is also the exact reason why the Fast Hands bug is so important and detrimental to the warrior class. Warriors are the only class that should have their swap cooldown cut in half (5 seconds as opposed to every other class’s 10 sec). Warriors need the flexibility of being able to access more abilities faster in order to be competitive with other classes – it’s one of the only unique characteristics a Warrior has.

in Warrior

Ksielvin.1587

And this is why I gave up on the bug thread (and game in general).

Ah. Sorry to see you go. =/

in Warrior

Deria.9158

The slow process of bug fixing isn’t due to a lack of caring or a lack of talent, it’s because debugging in systems as large as these is a much more complex beast than it looks like from the outside. Especially if you want to do it right.

My problem is not that the process is slow; my problem is that the process ISN’T HAPPENING.

I was being (slightly) facetious in my post, but the basic premise is this — if they wanted to solve these problems, they could. Instead, they are clearly focusing their energy elsewhere. Some time ago, ArenaNet made a big deal about having multiple teams working on different aspects of the game – so where is the bug fixing team? I’m looking specifically at the warrior class because that is what I play, but I believe multiple other classes are in the same boat.

Even if you accept the dubious idea that both the Fast Hands bug and the Vengeance bug are difficult to overcome, what about the simple tooltip vs. actual performance bugs?

The process isn’t slow. The process appears to simply not be happening. Maybe the next patch will contain something, or the one after, or 10 patches down the road… but right now I’m seeing new content and pay-for-use features likes personal arenas being prioritized over making the game solid and that concerns me.

in Warrior

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

but right now I’m seeing new content and pay-for-use features likes personal arenas being prioritized over making the game solid and that concerns me.

as long as it doesn’t surprise you then you’ll be okay

if you had any doubts before playing GW2 about its pay to play status, they ought to be resolved by now.

ANet has a business model they need to follow. and follow it they shall.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Warrior

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Volley is still not effected by Crack Shot trait. Tooltip says 8s cooldown, but actually its 10s.

TY. I’ll fix this tomorrow for the build on the 14th.

Jon

in Warrior

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

No fast-hands fix.

How hard is that to fix?

weapon_swap_timer=5;

I’m very disappointed.

Your function just introduced another bug.
Once warrior runes are equipped you could end up with 9s of cooldown, 5s cooldown or 4s.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

or 4s.

which would be awwwwesommmme.

imo

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Calavero.3420

Calavero.3420

Jon

Excellent!

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Jon

Not a rifle user myself, but still nice to have such things fixed Not wishing to push our luck.. but any chance any of the other simple numerical/time bugs (display or duration not sure which is the bug in some cases) could be done too? Endure Pain shows 5s but lasts 3s for example. Anything to reduce the list would be great (for all classes) imho!

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

teg.1340

Jon

Great news, thanks!

in Warrior

Posted by: promurphy.2761

promurphy.2761

Jon, what do Rangers need to do to receive this sort of attention?

< Stormbluff Isle >
Pro Murphy: 44 Guardian
Coneybear: 80 Ranger [RETIRED 11/15/2012]

in Warrior

Posted by: Jay.3415

Jay.3415

become warriors…. wait or thieves whom have been nerf for 2 months and are still very strong!!

in Warrior

Recently.1043

Make a list of ranger bugs and constantly spam it?

You make it sound like the “attention” we get matters? These are bugs that have been in the game since release, that are widely acknowledged since then and have not been fixed.

Hell, i STILL don’t know if endure pain is supposed to be the 5 seconds listed in the tool tip, or if its supposed to be 4 seconds and the tooltip is wrong. And that theoretically should have been easy to check/confirm and fixed (especially if its just a tooltip error)

in Warrior

Ksielvin.1587

Jon

It will be appreciated.

Some old bug reports seem to have gotten lost so here’s another that confuses new warriors: Endure Pain tooltip says 5 seconds but it lasts 3.

in Warrior

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

I heard there was actually a whole game out there that doesn’t necessarily have to do with ‘being a warrior’.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Perhaps get the heck out of the warrior forums? Creepy stalker.

I heard there was actually a whole game out there that doesn’t necessarily have to do with ‘being a warrior’.

Funny, I heard there were actually whole forum areas out there that aren’t devoted to ‘being a warrior’ either. Perhaps you should check there?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Recently.1043

Holy crap a “warrior” sub-forum that has threads regarding “warriors”. What were we THINKING?

rangerelemesmernecrothiefthiefthiefthiefthief

amidoingthisrite????

in Warrior

teg.1340

Take a look at all the patch notes since release. You will rarely find any warrior changes! So what sort of attention are you talking about?

in Warrior

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Take a look at all the patch notes since release. You will rarely find any warrior changes! So what sort of attention are you talking about?

You realize that this is because Warriors have the most working traits, and the most viable builds, right? Rangers, along with many of the other classes, have a lot more bugs and issues than Warriors.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Warrior

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

weapon_swap_timer=5;

I sure hope they are doing it differently. What you propose would lead to an unmaintainable, unreadable mess of code.

The way to go is to have a DSL describing the traits etc. and a code generator emitting a reduced state machine-like implementation of that description.

in Warrior

teg.1340

You realize that this is because Warriors have the most working traits, and the most viable builds, right? Rangers, along with many of the other classes, have a lot more bugs and issues than Warriors.

No, I’ve not realized because thats just your own opinion.

in Warrior

Ksielvin.1587

That’s no excuse to not fix warrior bugs. See the bug sticky. I’ll trade you 2 ranger fixes for every warrior one but I think you’ll still find yourself in the lead since launch. Real issue are the ranger fixes they’ve said are coming but still aren’t ready yet. That doesn’t mean you should come here to vent though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

1) Yes, we are so lucky to have so many working traits that, for the most part, are terrible.

2) We have the most viable builds? You can’t be serious….You must be WvW/PvE only.

3) So every other class have more bugs and issues? Once all their bugs/issues are fixed I guess the lolwarrior era will be official.

4) This is the warrior section…Go vent in your profession of choice section.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

weapon_swap_timer=5;

I sure hope they are doing it differently. What you propose would lead to an unmaintainable, unreadable mess of code.

The way to go is to have a DSL describing the traits etc. and a code generator emitting a reduced state machine-like implementation of that description.

I had a good laugh at this. Thank you, Green Plum.

Also, perhaps the project management team isn’t ranking Warrior bugs with the severity of other bugs, so prioritization is lower and these bugs are being pushed back.

Assuming incompetence on ANet’s side just displays a gross and unforgivable lack of understanding. It’s like people took CS125, learned a few data structures, and think they can jump in and fix enterprise-level problems. In reality, the code base would probably make 95% of these folks kitten their pants.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Deria.9158

Well, I wasn’t looking to get into a detailed coding discussion so I kept it simple to illustrate the point that the problem is not a technical issue but rather an organizational issue or a prioritization issue. For the reading comprehension impaired, though, I wasn’t actually suggesting they code it that way. Sheesh!

in Warrior

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Although Id like to see Vengeance and fast hands to get fixed (and the countless other minor bugs out there) I am happy that they didnt nerf us in the first place.
I know other gaming companies starting with a B and ending with izzard nerf otherwise balanced classes to the ground for no reason.

Can I get an AMEN!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

Honestly, any class that has bugs they would like to see fixed would do well to make a weekly post listing the top 3 or top 5 bugs. These should be actual bugs ( tool tip vs reality) and not design change requests. This will give the live team an easily digestible number of items to work on fixing that are likely to have a good bang for the buck in pleasing the community.

While a huge master bug list is good in theory, in reality it becomes very daunting to review and act upon.

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

and the most viable builds, right? Rangers, along with many of the other classes, have a lot more bugs and issues than Warriors.

Most viable builds…. riiiiiight.
If you’re playing whack a mob in PvE MAYBE, and it’s PvE so I contend every class can use whatever crappy random build they want to. It’s PvE.

Also, perhaps, get the heck out of the warrior forums kitten ya creepy stalker. Rangers have a forum. Shoo shoo.

I swear other classes are like ticks and fleas on the warrior forum.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Its only because you have no reason to beg for fixes and buffs. You’ve had your share of the love; time for the other professions to have their share, you greedy Warrior.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

and the most viable builds, right? Rangers, along with many of the other classes, have a lot more bugs and issues than Warriors.

Most viable builds…. riiiiiight.
If you’re playing whack a mob in PvE MAYBE, and it’s PvE so I contend every class can use whatever crappy random build they want to. It’s PvE.

Also, perhaps, get the heck out of the warrior forums kitten ya creepy stalker. Rangers have a forum. Shoo shoo.

I swear other classes are like ticks and fleas on the warrior forum.

ROFL… I mained a thief for a while… Don’t get me wrong, I hate the amount of trolling in the warrior forum from other classes, but its honestly nowhere close to thief forums where 90% of threads are either “nerf backstab” or “get rid of stealth”…