Nothing on the stances Cd ????????

in Warrior

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Really??
we have stances that have a cooldown of 60 sec, which makes them grabage, and you don’t even touch them??
OMG why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Wait untill the patch comes out before you scream stances and cooldowns.
They said on the stream there is more to show, so i think we will get more then just some small regen buffs

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in Warrior

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

They said on the stream there is more to show, so i think we will get more then just some small regen buffs

They obviously spoke about the major updates and avoided the minor tweaks.
Stances are not a minor tweak, it’s a HUGE part of the warrior gameplay (especially in pvp).

If they had done something about it, they would have mentioned it.

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Weapon cd reduction is a major update aswell. Yet they didnt mentioned it. That doesnt mean we wont get it.

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Weapon cd reduction is a major update aswell. Yet they didnt mentioned it. That doesnt mean we wont get it.

“Cyclone Axe was previously split between PvP/PvE with it dealing less damage in PvE. We unsplit it now so it deals more damage in PvE. "

How this is a major update? …. Personally I didn’t even know they split the dmg in PvP/PvE…. I mean… it’s already a skill that deals little dmg in PvP… and inflicts 4x vuln… it’s already a meaningless skill. How the kitten that dmg in PvE affects me at all? I don’t do PvE at all and even if I does… I don’t see why anyone would be counting on that skill to deal dmg…
Now imagine the rest…. if this a major thing that needs to be mentioned.

LoL… it’s just sad

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

“Cyclone Axe was previously split between PvP/PvE with it dealing less damage in PvE. We unsplit it now so it deals more damage in PvE. "

How this is a major update? …. Personally I didn’t even know they split the dmg in PvP/PvE…. I mean… it’s already a skill that deals little dmg in PvP… and inflicts 4x vuln… it’s already a meaningless skill. How the kitten that dmg in PvE affects me at all? I don’t do PvE at all and even if I does… I don’t see why anyone would be counting on that skill to deal dmg…
Now imagine the rest…. if this a major thing that needs to be mentioned.

LoL… it’s just sad

well, this is anet we are talking about and so… the preview of changes are pretty much what you gonna get in the actual patch. i’m guessing we are still getting some minor changes like tweaking the numbers a little but i guess that’s it…

but hey everyone gets what they always want. Disappointment!

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

You mean like when they said Mending will be a Physical ?

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Awell, 1 thing is for sure – that guy whos doing all the balancing… I think hé doesnt have a clue whats going on. If I face a decent druïd with my warrior, i get recked obviously. If I win from a druïd with my warrior, then I know that it was just a bad player. Thiefs Will get some dps buffs (bravo for thiefs) while warrior gets 20hp extra. How is 20hp + adrenaline health is going to help me VS a decent druïd? I still Will get recked, doesnt matter wich build I run. The druïd will always outsustain the warrior. Yes what a great balancing this game have. Some stuff Will never be fixed I learn that from Arenanet. #GSskill5 #glitchy4life

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

Stances? Shoutbow used to be king because it had sustain. Stances are fake sustain at best. I’m not calling shoutbow to come back.

Warrior needs new sustain. Savage instinct and Dead or Alive are garbage and have room to add sustain. Same with always angry. Bottom line, new sustain is the needed answer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

One other thing. The new King of Fires. Are you kidding me!? Crit? Crit has nothing to do with condi! Garbage trait.

Even the devs cannot see that they are trying to pull zerker in 3 different directions: crit, condi, stability. How can they not see this? Zerker is the definition of clunk, and the new king of fires trait makes matters worse. Did they not think about sundering leap finisher creating fire shield? So now that gets detonated? Bottom line: Berserker is in a place where it require Power, AND Condition Damage, AND Precision (therefore ferocity), AND lacks sustain.

What the kittening kitten?! Good news Warrior Fans! We will be sidelining Warrior for season two! It’s as if from the Berserker reveal to now everything Zerker is thought of with a huge downside or “you could be a god IF you had power, condi, AND crit, and that’s one of the limitations we came up with.” WELL NO KIDDING!!! EVERY CLASS COULD BE A GOD IF THEY HAD POWER, CONDI , AND CRIT!

(edited by Voramoz.6790)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Awell, 1 thing is for sure – that guy whos doing all the balancing… I think hé doesnt have a clue whats going on. If I face a decent druïd with my warrior, i get recked obviously. If I win from a druïd with my warrior, then I know that it was just a bad player. Thiefs Will get some dps buffs (bravo for thiefs) while warrior gets 20hp extra. How is 20hp + adrenaline health is going to help me VS a decent druïd? I still Will get recked, doesnt matter wich build I run. The druïd will always outsustain the warrior. Yes what a great balancing this game have. Some stuff Will never be fixed I learn that from Arenanet. #GSskill5 #glitchy4life

It’s funny/sad, I was dueling a friend who normally runs warrior (or thief as an alt) but was trying out druid. We’re normally pretty even, but he ruined me with it.

Then we started experimenting…..

We compared the time it took to burst the other person to nothing if that person just stood there. I was running zerk with gs and axe, he was running celestial, and he won by a mile. Plus, his bursts are aoe, meaning when we actually fought, he could kite while delivering them, and blind me while I was trying to get him.

Then I had him just stand there (but he could heal) while I unloaded Killshots and Volleys into him. I probably put six of each into him, plus autos in between, and he was still at 20% or so.

His Heal as One had roughly the same healing output as the passive on Healing Signet (not counting the benefit he’d get from the healing power out of his amulet), plus it gave additional buffs. Then he had soooo many other heals, plus water fields, on top of that. His health pool was 4k higher than mine, and his armour would have been roughly the same, I suppose.

I’m not sure what the removal of Celestial will do to that situation… whether there’s a good alternative amulet for the build. But even moving to a purely offensive amulet he’d have stronger damage output (more than he had when I fought him) and would still have way more effective health (through all the heals), plus his kite-while-kill options would still be there.

Anyway, even he was mad about it by the time we were done….

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

One other thing. The new King of Fires. Are you kidding me!? Crit? Crit has nothing to do with condi! Garbage trait.

Even the devs cannot see that they are trying to pull zerker in 3 different directions: crit, condi, stability. How can they not see this? Zerker is the definition of clunk, and the new king of fires trait makes matters worse. Did they not think about sundering leap finisher creating fire shield? So now that gets detonated? Bottom line: Berserker is in a place where it require Power, AND Condition Damage, AND Precision (therefore ferocity), AND lacks sustain.

What the kittening kitten?! Good news Warrior Fans! We will be sidelining Warrior for season two! It’s as if from the Berserker reveal to now everything Zerker is thought of with a huge downside or “you could be a god IF you had power, condi, AND crit, and that’s one of the limitations we came up with.” WELL NO KIDDING!!! EVERY CLASS COULD BE A GOD IF THEY HAD POWER, CONDI , AND CRIT!

Uh, who says condition damage users don’t use precision? The Arms line alone is an example of combining the two. You can say that there wasn’t a build as successful before, but then you could also say that this trait is made to help make that type of build work.

Call me Smith.

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@ choppy
Yeah man, thats what I mean. We realy need more sustain to handle stuff like that

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I wouldn’t be surprised if they reduced the CD to 50 seconds. They made king of fired like that to try and make rage skills usedful. so its 5 stacks of burning instead of 2. Thats significant. ANd a fire shield is way better than the old way it worked in pvp atleast.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

i dunno. Stances cool down or increased duration of stances. i know there is already a trait for it, but an extra 2 seconds on endure pain doesn’t really help anyone. if stances lasted for a longer duration we might have better sustain without having to rely on heals alone.

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Sure but stance warrior is kittenin boring.
I really wish they will add some other way for a warrior to sustain his health.

norn warrior

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

i dunno. Stances cool down or increased duration of stances. i know there is already a trait for it, but an extra 2 seconds on endure pain doesn’t really help anyone. if stances lasted for a longer duration we might have better sustain without having to rely on heals alone.

Cooldown, by a mile.

Longer duration rewards lazier play on the part of the warrior against opponents who don’t know the class. Opponents who do know to kite a stance when it would interfere with their attacks, which leaves you vulnerable for the next 60s (and they know it).

Honestly though, I don’t think stances are the path to greater sustainability for the warrior. They’re just the crutch on which many of our viable builds rely.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

They’re just the crutch on which many of our viable builds rely.

I know its a bit hateful to say this. but so is Death Shroud and Reaper Shroud. In fact Necros have it even better. they can activate death shroud automatically and it last far longer than any warrior stance. Thre is nothing lazy about stances. you need to kow when to activate them, but at the same time they need to last longer than 4-8 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

I know its a bit hateful to say this. but so is Death Shroud and Reaper Shroud. In fact Necros have it even better. they can activate death shroud automatically and it last far longer than any warrior stance. Thre is nothing lazy about stances. you need to kow when to activate them, but at the same time they need to last longer than 4-8 seconds.

longer than 4-8s? … You crazy?

I vote for shorter CD than longer duration. I use often it to absorb a burst… And I do really hate that long CD.
Short CD => more usable

(edited by Asato.5479)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

not arguing that. i’m saying in general they need to last longer as well. oh and the endure pain glitch needs to be fixed.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying people who run stances are somehow bad players (I’ve been running three on my bar, plus two in my traits since at least June). I’m saying the immunities provided by (most) stances are a necessary crutch for an otherwise crippled class, and that buffing those skills doesn’t cure the warrior it improves the crutch.

Moreover, stances, especially longer lasting ones, can carry lazy and skillless play as much as it can carry skilled play. For example, suppose an 8-10s Endure Pain, plus a 3-15s Berserker Stance, and a 13-15 traited Balanced Stance on a Gunflame build. Enter zerk state, pop stances, spam GF (or Arc Divider) ftw… no dodging or blocking necessary, and plenty of adren to just stand and fire. Sounds awful.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying people who run stances are somehow bad players (I’ve been running three on my bar, plus two in my traits since at least June). I’m saying the immunities provided by (most) stances are a necessary crutch for an otherwise crippled class, and that buffing those skills doesn’t cure the warrior it improves the crutch.

Moreover, stances, especially longer lasting ones, can carry lazy and skillless play as much as it can carry skilled play. For example, suppose an 8-10s Endure Pain, plus a 3-15s Berserker Stance, and a 13-15 traited Balanced Stance on a Gunflame build. Enter zerk state, pop stances, spam GF (or Arc Divider) ftw… no dodging or blocking necessary, and plenty of adren to just stand and fire. Sounds awful.

Lol Considering how braindead gunflame warr is I’m scared of a change like that.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”