Novice Warrior Seeking Build (PvE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brekknar.3567

Brekknar.3567

Greetings everyone.

As of a couple hours ago, I finally leveled and maxed out my first ever Warrior (been working at it for weeks), and I realized rather suddenly the I don’t know what to build him as.

Now, I did some reading, but unfortunately I can’t seem to find a build that suits me, and I have no idea how to work one over myself as I don’t know what’s useful or not.

I like the sound of a Condition Warrior, especially after getting most of my Berserker Elite Spec unlocked. But all of the build guides that google pointed me to are either 1) out of date, or 2) meant for raids

So I was wondering if someone might be able to rustle up a ‘general’ condition build for PvE, with a few specifics, that is both up to date, as well as utilizing the new Berserker based deals?

DISCLAIMER: I don’t PvP at all, therefore do not look very highly towards PvP builds. I can excuse it if the PvP Build works in PvE, but I feel they are two different worlds and should not be mingled often.

My Specifics include:

1. Axe Main, if possible. (I’m not opposed to rolling Torch)

2. Maintains my Longbow preference.

3. Is tailored more towards solo and group Open World )PvE) play. E.g. – I roll mostly World Bosses and trains/zergs around the HoT maps, so those are top priority. But I want to be able to tackle stuff alone if absolutely need be. And I don’t mean soloing world bosses or anything, just the random Hero Point or obnoxious veteran/elite mob.

I don’t mind running group support, nor do I mind being a selfish nerf herder. But I’d prefer a somewhat supportive role in terms of groups I run with and what not.

I mainly just want to Condition things, and do it well xD

If anyone out there would be willing to point me in a right direction, it’d be greatly appreciated.

(edited by Brekknar.3567)

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Brekknar.3567

That build you posted is for PvP, and uses a Mace/Shield. Not really even close to what I was looking for. Thank you for trying, I think?

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Check out my warrior 101 thread. it will not give you an exact build, but will teach you how to make one that suits you. My favorite PVE Warrior build is this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTj8cQVI2FCmhAnIWgCsXckADApMlx2ubIA-TBhMQBAY/Bwp+jBVCCPlfxDCAYVFA-e

This is probably not the best one, but it’s cheep to start by using Sinister stats.. later on you can swap your armor for vipers to make it even better, Th biggest problem with this one is that it is squishy, that’s why we use the Shout heal. evey time you heal yourself you’ll get a full bar of adrenaline, then you can enter berserk and wreck face with Scorched Earth and flaming Flurry.

You can swap arms for defense if you have trouble staying alive, and you’ll still get plenty of adrenaline from being hit. have fun

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

That build you posted is for PvP, and uses a Mace/Shield. Not really even close to what I was looking for. Thank you for trying, I think?

i thought axe or mace is fine.. didnt assume you would want to run a condi build with mainhand axe because that would be really silly as axe has zero condis nor interrupts.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

When I ran condition, I was doingit with sword/torch (bleeds + burning damage) and longbow. With Discipline’s trait Fast Hands you would be able to land 4 primal bursts on a mob while in a berserker form. That burst gave me huge condition damage numbers.
I rolled Discipline/Defense/Berserker then. And the funny thing was that I wouldn’t die, because of Adrenal Health. It’s a fun and a strong build. Something to think about.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

there’s another option which is also extremely fun.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsf8HWqCs3R7qN2q0Did5AkFXDIAA-ThhAQB2UJ4fOJAwY/BA8EAgo6PgU5X8gAArqsqCA-e

Basically the same build as before, except replacing bow with sword offhand Axe. What you do is burst through your berserker, then when not in berserk hit torch5>swap>axe5. you’ll build tons of adrenaline and of course you’ll also be throwing burning bolts, and also you’ll be procing burning from your fire field. By the end of axe 5 you should be ready to go berserk again.

Finally if you want to be even crazier, you can just drop the torch entirely and replace it for axe, use bow and sword/axe. When you drop your scorched earth, axe5 through it.

in Warrior

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsf8HWqCs3R7qN2q0Did5AkFXDIAA-ThhAQB2UJ4fOJAwY/BA8EAgo6PgU5X8gAArqsqCA-e

Basically the same build as before, except replacing bow with sword offhand Axe. What you do is burst through your berserker, then when not in berserk hit torch5>swap>axe5. you’ll build tons of adrenaline and of course you’ll also be throwing burning bolts, and also you’ll be procing burning from your fire field. By the end of axe 5 you should be ready to go berserk again.

Finally if you want to be even crazier, you can just drop the torch entirely and replace it for axe, use bow and sword/axe. When you drop your scorched earth, axe5 through it.

That’s mad Spinning hell

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I tried this over the weekend (different stats, though), and I gotta say emkelly is right… torch5 + axe5 is a TON of fun.

~EW

in Warrior

Brekknar.3567

i thought axe or mace is fine.. didnt assume you would want to run a condi build with mainhand axe because that would be really silly as axe has zero condis nor interrupts.

When I said Axe/Mace I meant, Axe main, Mace off. And yes I had it in my mind that I wanted to use Axe main, because I really like how Axe rolls. But given that I’m new to the Warrior scene, didn’t realize Axe main for a Condi build was a silly idea. Sorry for the confusion, I’ll edit my first post to make it more clear.

in Warrior

Brekknar.3567

Now that’s what I’m talking about. I will definitely be giving that a gander later. I like the idea that if I don’t like the closeness of a melee only build, I can still run my trusty longbow and still be able to use the build as it was intended.

Bravo Kelly

in Warrior

Brekknar.3567

As for everyone else, I’m loving the posts. Keep them coming

Also, as a guideline, see EmKellys posts for the right track, and keep the ideas flowing. Woot.

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

Personally, I always encourage newer players to experiment with builds themselves, especially for open world as it tends not to be overly restrictive in terms of what works. That said, I’d like to offer you a few general bits of advice for condi warriors.

1) Longbow is a respectable weapon with a combination of burning, minor power damage, and combo fields. It can generate its own fire fields and capitalize on them with #3.

2) Sword is a safe pick for a condition weapon, with good hybrid damage and some mobility.

3) Mace can be very good if you take both the berserker traitline for better condi bursts and the Strength line for conditions on interrupt, which mace has plenty of. Note that you may have some difficulty with doing real damage to bosses or enemies with breakbars as you can’t really interrupt them and thus miss out on a big part of your condi application. Not what I would suggest, but it’s an option to keep in mind.

4) The Berserker line will be your friend as a condi build in general.

5) For open world PvE you shouldn’t really need the Defense traitline, but it may be worth taking if you want a little extra breathing room to get used to things.

6) Try everything. Fiddle with all of the class utilities and weapons, see which ones you like the feel of most.

in Warrior

Brekknar.3567

Personally, I always encourage newer players to experiment with builds themselves, especially for open world as it tends not to be overly restrictive in terms of what works. That said, I’d like to offer you a few general bits of advice for condi warriors.

1) Longbow is a respectable weapon with a combination of burning, minor power damage, and combo fields. It can generate its own fire fields and capitalize on them with #3.

2) Sword is a safe pick for a condition weapon, with good hybrid damage and some mobility.

3) Mace can be very good if you take both the berserker traitline for better condi bursts and the Strength line for conditions on interrupt, which mace has plenty of. Note that you may have some difficulty with doing real damage to bosses or enemies with breakbars as you can’t really interrupt them and thus miss out on a big part of your condi application. Not what I would suggest, but it’s an option to keep in mind.

4) The Berserker line will be your friend as a condi build in general.

5) For open world PvE you shouldn’t really need the Defense traitline, but it may be worth taking if you want a little extra breathing room to get used to things.

6) Try everything. Fiddle with all of the class utilities and weapons, see which ones you like the feel of most.

Greatly appreciate the tips. I too advocate fiddling and experimenting, which I’ve been doing. But sometimes you gotta see what the mainstream is, get a feel for what people normally run, and work off of that. Which is what my intentions were with this thread.

I’ve spent long hours and days tweaking and fiddling with four of my eight characters. I built my Guardian myself from scratch, too me nearly a year to find what I truly liked, and now consider my go to build. Also spent a good chunk of that year working my Ele over.

My Warrior is my fifth character, so you can understand the approach I’m taking here. I’ve burned out a massive chunk of my ‘Dr. Frankenstein’ patience thus far xD

As for the tips. In terms of bosses and Break Bars: If I know what I’m about to fight requires a hefty amount of CC (Any of the HoT Bosses) I’ll throw out my bow, which has at least 2 decent breakers, as well as throw on a few Skills specific for it, like Bola, and that Fear shout. I also plan on running headlong into a headbutt once I get it unlocked. So I’m covered there.

In terms of the Defense trait line, I’m taking it right now because I don’t quite have anything better worked out (still combing through the traits and such), but I do plan on dumping it out for something like strength given that I’ll be running Berserker, as well as Discipline for certain items I can’t live without right now.

(edited by Brekknar.3567)

in Warrior

Brekknar.3567

Tiny bump. Been working over the melee only build posted by EmKelly. Madly in love with it, it’s great. Thank you again everyone for the suggestions