Offhand Axe - Worth using in PvE now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sera.2146

Sera.2146

Just looking for thoughts and opinions on this since yesterday’s patch up. I am currently running Axe/Mace on one of my warriors, but may consider switching to Axe/Axe. =)

(edited by Sera.2146)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

nope not imo. I see no reason to use axe mainhand or offhand tbh. Gunflame does more than anything axe can muster and offhand axe 5 I cant seem to fit into any rotation, but I would L O V E to be wrong, since I have frostfang and finishing astralaria now

in Warrior

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Trying axe/axe again after the buffs but it still feels worse than GS. It feels like I am generating more adrenaline than I can ever use. Before the alacrity nerf having a chronomancer around mostly solve that issue but now even that doesn’t help.

Taking Axe Mastery also means giving up Beserker’s Power compared to using a GS with Forceful Greatsword.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sera.2146

Sera.2146

I suppose it would help more if I pointed out that I am only comparing the off-hand options. I just make a character for each build and I already have a few warriors as a result. XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

If you’re using mace main hand, axe off hand is a decent way to supplement your damage. Now that Dual Strike & Whirling Axe do reasonable damage, you can use them instead of being stuck on mace auto-attack the whole time.
Pretty limited application. And can’t really see it being that great paired with main hand axe.
Would be interested to see someone run the numbers on axe auto vs whirling axe though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

There’s also the potential to go hybrid with sw/t and sw/a. Use Torch 5 for the fire field and then Axe 5 for the whirl. If anything it’s something different.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Just use it, doesn’t really matter in PvE openworld, I have Frostfang and Astralaria, looks nice. And in the end we also play for style/fun.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong