Opinion on Sword/Sword? and what build

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

2 roads you can go:
1. Go for plain damage and see the bleeds from the sword as an ‘extra’, the longbow will be slightly less effective thou. Riffle would fit better, but has a lack of aoe.

2. Go condition build, get like 1k-1.5k condi dmg, your longbow burn will hurt a lot and the bleeds will tick pretty hard too.

On a side note: condi warrior are really fun, they don’t utilise the strenghts of the warrior completely. But I am going to buy a 3th armor set for my warrior anyway, because I still think it’s fun to play sometimes :p.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

MiLKZz, what about going a glass cannon build with rampager gear or do you hamper your total damage too much?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Boon-Guide-Universal-Build/first#post1244240

My old Boon guide has a section of the build i was using while using boon duration.
1750+ condition damage, 2.7k armor, 2.9k physical attack, 25k hp, 55-65% crit chance and that was with no ascended gear at all or food, just self buffs and shout heals. I assume it could be much higher stats over all, but its an all around build that does everything well but still boasts really high condition damage. Was really fun for a while, but i realized I like to Burst enemies more through shear physical damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately as a WvW build (partly because people say it can’t be done) which I’ve kindof dubbed the samurai in my head at least.

The longbow, from what I understand actually benefits a little more from direct damage than it does from condi damage (there is also a direct damage tick to the firefield, and then there’s longbow 2 and 3 which can do some pretty decent damage). Offhand sword is purely condition damage and MH sword is kindof stuck in the middle.

Where I’ve gotten so far is you’ll probably need 30 points in arms. 30 Points in discipline may be necessary as well as you’ll be fairly highly dependent on your burst skills. A mix of carrion, rampagers and rabid gear if going the condition route… and probably the poison weapon swap sigil on one of the weapons (perhaps even both, as I don’t think it has a cooldown).

EDIT: Started playing a bit in buildcraft and what I’m currently looking at is something like this. Might not look as pretty on a sheet as some others but what you sacrifice in stats you gain in other ways (I also used exotic instead of ascended as one would assume you’d be running that for a while until you could pick up the gear). You will dish out more types of conditions, making them harder to remove for one (poison and vulnerability as opposed to Cook’s). You will also lose out in some effectiveness with your conditions with the food, but given that signet of stamina is your only source of removal something needs to be done to soften the blow from other folks conditions.
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|c.1o.h16.c.1o.h1i|3.1o.h1i|1b.717.1b.717.1b.717.1b.717.1b.7i.1b.7i|1b.63.1b.63.1b.63.1b.63.1b.63.1b.63|a5.u35b.0.0.u6ac|30.d|5y.6a.6g.6f.6m|e

Notes: the first utility is kindof up in the air, it could easily be substituted with endure pain, bulls charge or for great justice

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

(edited by Jonwar.9205)

in Warrior

Posted by: vapor.5390

vapor.5390

oh man i know your feeling. I had also spark to just make great bleeding build, and yes i did it was a hell freaking good in paper. But. It just does not work, in pve so danm many boss have cures that i just could not have been more kitten of, i ended up doing 1/3 of the damage i was supposed to do and even the max damage would still have been lower than gs/axes, only if the bleeds would have been full the outcome would have been bit better, but that happened, well, NEVER. And in www swords just didnt work, ok yes i did end up killing everyone i hitted(including they didnt cure the bleedings, mostly they did), but they died after me becouse the bleeds were too slow. I really loved the idea of bleeding and stuff thats why the moment i saw all this i could not have been more sad. Well made couple changes and went to condition bow playing and that was strong in www, , but in pve the damage just wasnt enough( also partly becouse of condition removal, damage was better than swords but it couldnt even nearly match gs/axe.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

MiLKZz, what about going a glass cannon build with rampager gear or do you hamper your total damage too much?

If he’s going for melee-ranged condition damage, a glass cannon build probably wouldn’t be the best way to do. The thing about damage over time is, well, it takes time to damage. So I’d think a S/S warrior would want enough defense to ensure he survives long enough for his dots to do their thing. Again, if he’s going for a condition build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Angry.5064

Angry.5064

I think bleed duration is the most important aspect so sigil of agony and condition duration runes or whatever are pretty good. So if you can get just tanky build your bleeds will constantly be applied which means in general you can outlast people. I feel like using condition damage stats are pretty bad. I think it’s better to get as much might as possible on top of HP. PVT is pretty nice for this. With S/S you can constantly apply bleeds it does kind of negate condition removal.