Optimum Glass Cannon Runes

in Warrior

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

This is complementary of my Optimum Glass Cannon Trait Distribution Thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Optimum-Trait-Distribution-for-Glass-Cannons/first#post1595612

Ultimately, this is simply a ranking of the top DPS runes. It does not take into account of utility abilities, such as +20% Might Duration. I will not round down crit. chance. The base stat that I will assume for calculation purposes will be 3000 power, 75% crit. chance, and 150% base crit. dmg. Note that these rankings may not apply to you since what’s best for you depends on your base stats.

Without runes

3000*(1+((.5)*.75))=4125

1. Rune of the Scholar

+165 power, +10% dmg. above 90% hp, +8% crit. dmg

At hp > 90% = (3165*(1+((.58).75)))1.1=4995.9525

At hp < 90% = (3165*(1+((.58)*.75)))=4541.775

(5 Rune of Scholar + 1 Ruby Orb)

+185 power, +10% crit. dmg, +14 precision

3185*(1+((.60)*.756667))=4630.990637

1. (5 Superior Rune of Infiltration + 1 Ruby Orb)

+10% dmg vs. enemy under 50% hp, +64 precision, +2% crit. dmg, +20 power

Enemy hp < 50% hp = (3020*(1+((.52).785)))1.1=4678.0404

Enemy hp > 50% hp = (3020*(1+((.52)*.785))=4252.764

1. Superior Rune of the Thief

+165 Precision, +10% when backstabbing

When backstabbing (3000*(1+((.5).82857)))1.1=4667.1405

When not backstabbing = (3000*(1+((.5)*.82857)))=4242.855

1. Superior Rune of the Eagle

+165 precision, +8% crit. dmg, +5% dmg when enemy below 50% hp.

When enemy < 50% hp = (3000*(1+((.58).82857)))1.05=4663.797

When enemy > 50% hp = (3000*(1+((.58)*.82857)))=4441.7118

(5 Superior Rune of the Eagle + 1 Ruby Orb)

+179 precision, +10% crit. dmg, +20 power

3020*(1+((.6)*.8352))=4533.3824

1. Ruby Orb

+120 power, +12% crit. dmg, +84 precision

3120*(1+((.62)*.79))=4648.176

1. Superior Rune of the Ogre

+165 Power, +3% Crit. Dmg, +4% Dmg

(3165*(1+((.53).75)))1.04=4600.011

1. Superior Rune of Strength

+155 power, +5% damage during might

(3155*(1+((.5).75)))1.05=4555.03125

1. (5 Superior Rune of the Mesmer + 1 Ruby Orb)

+185 power, +2% crit. dmg, +64 precision

3185*(1+((.52)*.78047))=4477.614414

1. Superior Rune of Rage

+15% crit. dmg

3000*(1+((.65)*.75))=4462.5

1. (5 Superior Rune of Fire/Hoelbrak/Strength/Citadel/Flame Legion/Pack/Vampirism/Elementalist/Fighter/Baelfire + 1 Ruby Orb)

+185 Power, +2% crit. dmg, +14 precision

3185*(1+((.52)*.756667))=4438.1918854

1. Superior Rune of the Pack

+165 power, +100 precision

3165(1+((.5)*.7976))=4427.202

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

sooo for people bad at math what is the conclusion about what is the most dps?

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

In summary, Ruby Orbs still gives the best returns constantly. To top it off, they are cheap

Thanks Phira for confirming my choice

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

Phira.3970

If you’re awesome like me and can make it through CoF p1 farm w/o getting hit once, get Rune of the Scholars. Otherwise, Ruby Orbs seem best.

If anything, I just hope this thread dis-encourages people in geting Superior Rune of Rage. I see it too many times on glass cannon Warriors when it’s one of the weakest.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Strictly conditional damage increases are not reliable imo.
+10% dmg while <90% / while behind target will not work so many times… I’d rather have good ol’ GW1’s 15/>50, now those were great.

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

1. That linked thread is pretty embarassing to read through.

2. That aside, you should also evaluate runes of air that proc lightning strike when hit. Assuming you get attacked with any vague regularity, it’s pretty potent. That would be more relevant to PvP and probably for sturdier builds. However, it’s still a good point of comparison.

The base stat that I will assume for calculation purposes will be 3000 power, 75% crit. chance, and 150% base crit. dmg. Note that these rankings may not apply to you since what’s best for you depends on your base stats.

Don’t know why you’re using 50% crit damage in your evaluations. That’s default naked no-Berserker crit damage. You should be using a 1.5-1.6x multiplier in the formula (2.5-2.6x crit damage) for glass cannon builds. Although Warrior builds have slightly less I guess. Still 1.3-1.5x, not 0.5×. You’re basically underrating precision, overrating power, and slightly overrating crit damage from runes.

4. Too many parentheses.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

The stats are based under the context of CoF p1 farm Warriors with a free 25 might , fury, and banner buffwws. So the actual power of the build is around 2125 and precision is around 1800 or so (lvl 75 stats).

With more ‘realistic’ stats, it wouldn’t change much of the general idea of the ranking of rune stats in that:

-Rune of Scholar is the best rune if you can avoid being hit.

-The most reliable highest dmg rune is Ruby Orbs

-Increasing reliability by taking out the 6th rune for Ruby Orbs for runes, such as Superior Rune of Eagle isn’t as effective as just getting 6 ruby orbs

-Superior Rune of Rage is incredibly weak even though I overrated it by about +3% dmg because of having a really low 150% base crit dmg.

Edit: And why I used this stat in the other thread was to show that even with +100% crit. chance and a base of 150% crit dmg, +dmg% almost always is more important to trait for.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

Ogre will easily out-dps any option here (save maybe for scholar when at >90% hp), when you start adding up crit damage from gear either on balanced or full zerker build with proper stat distribution. Added attack from might stacks, banners and other party buffs is in favour of the Ogre as well. In the very end, 4% damage modifier only grows stronger with every additional point of crit damage and attack. Next time you post a thread like this one, post the trait build, add up all sources of attack, crit chance, crit damage (with food and consumables included) and then draw conclusions.

It doesn’t take a scientific calculator to see that ruby orb is the favoured choice with low total critical damage. Generally speaking, this thread is a major source of misinformation to people looking for "easy answers". There are no easy answers, you need to add up all of your stats, make the math and then test actual in-game results. To random thread viewer: if you’re not willing to invest money and time, you’ll not know the true answer and continue to be misinformed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Ogre will easily out-dps any option here (save maybe for scholar when at >90% hp), when you start adding up crit damage from gear either on balanced or full zerker build with proper stat distribution. Added attack from might stacks, banners and other party buffs is in favour of the Ogre as well. In the very end, 4% damage modifier only grows stronger with every additional point of crit damage and attack. Next time you post a thread like this one, post the trait build, add up all sources of attack, crit chance, crit damage (with food and consumables included) and then draw conclusions.

It doesn’t take a scientific calculator to see that ruby orb is the favoured choice with low total critical damage. Generally speaking, this thread is a major source of misinformation to people looking for “easy answers”. There are no easy answers, you need to add up all of your stats, make the math and then test actual in-game results. To random thread viewer: if you’re not willing to invest money and time, you’ll not know the true answer and continue to be misinformed.

^^^ Misinformation. The only applicable thing you said is, “There are no easy answers, you need to add up all of your stats, [and do the math]…” which flies in the face of your first paragraph.

To random thread viewer: There are no easy answers, you need to add up all of your stats, [and do the] math.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

Believe me, there was a time when I would waste hours of my time on forums and try arguing with people. It came to a point, I had to explain to a bunch of entitled trolls what an exponential function is, or the concept of diminishing returns. I will not make that mistake again, because people never learn. I’d rather put my time to own use.

Advice was given: update your attack and crit damage to real values from in-game scenario, do the math, check with results in game. If damage numbers from math are wrong, check for maximum crit & non-crit damage numbers you get in a test setting, and multiply by crit chance for dps comparison. There, done.

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Believe me, there was a time when I would waste hours of my time on forums and try arguing with people. It came to a point, I had to explain to a bunch of entitled trolls what an exponential function is, or the concept of diminishing returns. I will not make that mistake again, because people never learn. I’d rather put my time to own use.

Ogre are worse than Ruby Orbs and here is the undeniable evidence:
6194 e.power with Ruby Orbs.
6189 e.power with Ogre runes.

You know, those “entitled trolls” you mentioned earlier are exactly those who push their ideals without checking their facts first and demanding people just takes their word for it.
Try to be more flexible and accept that others may know more or a lot more than you.

There was a time where we didn’t have these tools and stubborn people could push their mathematically wrong opinions without hard counters, but now we do.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

ITT: People argue because of a whopping 5.

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Phira, slightly out of topic. If you are solo or in a group where no one else are providing you with Might. Just assume you are in PVE or any other dungeon than COF P1.

What is the average uptime or stack of Might you have on you at all time? I notice when I am solo or in a group with no one else giving me Might, I am looking perma around 15 stacks of Might instead of 25. There is a difference of 350 power.

Please give some comments

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

You know, those “entitled trolls” you mentioned earlier are exactly those who push their ideals without checking their facts first and demanding people just takes their word for it.
Try to be more flexible and accept that others may know more or a lot more than you.

There was a time where we didn’t have these tools and stubborn people could push their mathematically wrong opinions without hard counters, but now we do.

However, you could argue that the DPS from the rock dog would tilt it in Ogre’s favor. Also one needs to look at a condition with fury in order to fully evaluate the effective power of both.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

However, you could argue that the DPS from the rock dog would tilt it in Ogre’s favor. Also one needs to look at a condition with fury in order to fully evaluate the effective power of both.

Rock dog gets oneshot before it can deal the DPS of 1 bleed stack from precise strikes.
Applying Fury on both builds does not change the difference of effective power between the 2 builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

A proper evaluation would include the rock dog damage with the caveat that it would get 1-shot in random PvE dungeons.

The original post is still skewed with bad crit damage baseline numbers, though.

Edit: And why I used this stat in the other thread was to show that even with +100% crit. chance and a base of 150% crit dmg, +dmg% almost always is more important to trait for.

As a sidenote, this statement is illogical. If you wanted to demonstrate that %dmg was better than other stats, you would use a high crit damage value to enhance precision, or you would have compared both high and low crit damage scenarios.

Either way, base crit damage is a joke. No one has base crit damage unless you’re playing some sort of tank/heal/support build.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

(edited by EasymodeX.4062)

in Warrior

Phira.3970

I suspect that the build site may be incorrect when it comes to calculating +dmg% and that the build site may be overrating +dmg%. Basically, for the +4% dmg that ogre gives, say for example, you already have +30% dmg. Instead of adding 30 + 4% dmg giving +34% dmg total, the build site gives +35.2% dmg.

The difference is that it overrates in that what I suspected (30+4) would make an actual difference of 1.34/1.3=3.07%+dmg instead of actually +4%. The site instead does this, x/1.3=4 so that +4% dmg actually does +4% dmg.

So the build site may actually be wrong and overvaluing ogre.

I’ll test this when I get home with steady weapons and +dmg% stacking.

in Warrior

Posted by: Savroula.4803

Savroula.4803

Let me make a question here.
I am playing my warrior Glass Cannon with 85% crit.dmg, 65% crit chance, about 4.082 attack power almost constant (25 stacks of might and fury constantly, neverending and always stacking up with no breakups)… I use Power,Vit,Crit dmg (beryl jewels of the valkyrie) and Power,Precision,Crit dmg everything else. Have GS as main weapon and 2 axes for OH weapon. all have sigils of battle (3 stacks of might on weapon change in combat). Use 2 runes of fire, 2 runes of hoelbrak and 2 runes of citadel. my traits are 20 (V+IX), 25 (V+X), 0, 0, 25 (V+VI)…
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmRM0zzMzMRoFmMRoFmGp9MpVsVaVo08khs707khs70c7kGD70z7kGe70z7kGI70z7ow470m
For utility skills i use For great justice, Signet of might, Frenzy and for elite the Signet of rage. I use all utility skills and elite as soon as possible. In combat i always use HB->Swap weapons->Cyclone axe->Whirling axe->Dual Strike->Swap weapons->HB->WW Attack->blade trail->Rush->HB->Swap weapons and so on (In the meantime i use also the utility and elite skills that are ready, there is no casting time fro any of those skills. only signet of rage has some casting time but it builds up for the might and fury duration). For ranged battles i equip rifle with same stats… Almost never use Burst skills. Have constant Fury and Might. Dodge when needed withought breaking the rotation. Not having toughness but having vitality helps in survivability, since it is mostly speculated that toughness gets more aggro than vitality, so I stay almost 100% out of the bosses attention and damage him from behind or the sides (depending on the boss).
So, is this any good??? or have I missed the point with crit dmg and might? And is there any diminishing returns in damage from such attack power that I should switch to more crit dmg than power and fury?

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

(edited by Savroula.4803)

in Warrior

Phira.3970

You should be on 25/25/0/10/10 for GS (10 in 4th tree for Empowered) or

30/25/0/0/15 for axe or hybrid gs→axe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Savroula.4803

Savroula.4803

But, won’t I lose the extra crit dmg (plus might on weapon switch and/or -4 seconds on weapon change) and either signet cooldown (break up my full might rotation) or crit chance with adrenaline full (thus losing critical chance and my might stacking from GS)? Would it be much if I asked you to explain to me why should I do this? (No offence, I just wanna know your prespective since you seem to know something more than me)
Also, I use axes mostly like fillers in rotation to out put dmg and keep my might stacks up, but any other damage weapon would do the trick. Maybe there are other effective filler weapons set for secondary weapon set that are more effective than axes (?)

(also edited the previous post.. accidentally wrote 10, 25, 0, 0, 25. i meant 20, 25, 0, 0, 25)

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

(edited by Savroula.4803)

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Attack of Opportunity and Heighened Focus both raise your ePower by similar amounts.
The diffence is that H.Focus is a guaranteed once your adren is full, AoO is only vs bleeders which is a bit less guaranteed (this is especially true in PvP).
FH is fundamental to Warrior class in my opinion.
Of course you can have both of them if you don’t pick tactics.

I personally don’t like stick & move btw.
Warriors have limited endurance regen compared to all those kitten perma-Vigor classes, so we’re much better off using our dodges carefully rather than waste them for a measly 3% dmg increase.

Would be cool if Brawn added like +2% endurance regen per point, would really help with our limited endurance refilling methods.

in Warrior

Phira.3970