Other than Phalanx Strength, What Else?

in Warrior

Posted by: Charley.5091

Charley.5091

In PVE, with the scorched earth nerf, what build can warrior even use other than phalanx strength that would be acceptable for high level play like raids? The options seriously seems so limited… I’ve never ever seen anything else be mentioned.

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Burnzerker?
It’s still good. Saw a video of a post-patch 6man sabatha kill with a burnzerk in the group the other day. So even if they aren’t as good, even if they aren’t “the best”, they are still quiet obviously viable in high-level play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Burnzerker?
It’s still good. Saw a video of a post-patch 6man sabatha kill with a burnzerk in the group the other day. So even if they aren’t as good, even if they aren’t “the best”, they are still quiet obviously viable in high-level play.

This?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/44boyg/vc_6_man_sabetha/

That’s a PS warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

Burnzerker is still good, so long as you have 1. 2 of them is completely unnecessary due to the ‘bug’ with Scorched Earth. They were just absurdly broken before. Even WITH 2 (which is IMO pointless to do because one effectively loses its big damage 2/3 of the time), we still killed Gorseval with no issues.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Oops, I’m an idiot. You’re absolutely right, that’s exactly the video I watched. I was chain watching stuff and must’ve gotten it mixed with another run (not 6 man) that had a burnzerk in it.
All that is to say, ignore the point I made above.

in Warrior

Posted by: guig.5862

guig.5862

Burnzerker is still good, so long as you have 1. 2 of them is completely unnecessary due to the ’bug’ with Scorched Earth. They were just absurdly broken before. Even WITH 2 (which is IMO pointless to do because one effectively loses its big damage 2/3 of the time), we still killed Gorseval with no issues.

all right, but do you think q turns warr cond in garbage is correct, the warr had only one build the whole game (Warr PS, PS Warr, Warr PS ...), I craftei have one set that do not have any utility .

in Warrior

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

I know theyve only had one build, as warrior has been my main since day 1 of Headstart. I have over 2500 hours on just my main, with 4 other warriors also at level 80. I’ve played them. A lot.

I do not agree with HOW Burn was nerfed, but it was way way way too high before. It being so broken allowed a lot of people to skirt through who, probably at this point, can no longer meet the dps checks. I haven’t gotten to play it since the change as I’m locked on PS pretty much always, but a single burnwarrior SHOULD have damage comparable to other condi. If not, they don’t know how to play. That’s just a simple fact.

And banners are probably the most necessary utility in the game, which should be on your bar unless you have a plethora of other warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: guig.5862

guig.5862

the warr cond n has the most damage q other class cond, the max damage q he comes raid is 20k with Versatile Malign Infusion, back viper pack, eng cond damage 24k + thief venon25 + reaper 25k + and warr is not useful in raid. i have 6k hours with warr

(edited by guig.5862)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Burnzerker was nerfed too hard, anet should buff it in next update

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

The recent balance patch wasn’t kind to the warrior build diversity. You will indeed be playing PS warrior in high level raids or in record attempts.
The nerf to condition berserker pretty much moved that build into a “bring only if you got nothing better” spot.
If that wasn’t enough, revenants are far less effective when stacked now. It means that you will be using PS warriors for the might once again.
There are also your unique damage modifiers (banners, EA) which just add even more to an already good build.

We seem to be back to one viable build only.

(edited by Henry.5713)