Our channeled attacks are detriments!

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

In PvP we literally destroy ourselves with retaliation. We need protection against this when we channel our abilities.

We have many examples, but I will just use axe ‘5’.

Axe ‘5’ is a low damage attack that hits 15 times many times, it does low damage and can hit up to 5 targets, its main attraction was it USED to be able to proc multiple things, like omnomberry pies, however it can no longer do such. This ability can hit 75 times.

In PvP with Guardians and Mesmers (both very popular classes.) and even necromancers! There best specs offer them and there clones a ton of almost perma-retaliation, this absolutely destroys us, we can almost do /75000/, /75000!?/ damage to ourselves just because of retaliation!

This is why I offer this as a fix to our problem.

Thick Skin
Become immune to retaliation damage while channeling.

This makes off-hand skills like Axe ‘5’ not completely destroy ourselves and actually help us.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you cancel the channel by stowing your weapon? I know you can with swapping but that’s not always a good option.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

In PvP we literally destroy ourselves with retaliation. We need protection against this when we channel our abilities.

Axe ‘5’ is a low damage attack that hits 15 times many times, it does low damage and can hit up to 5 targets, its main attraction was it USED to be able to proc multiple things, like omnomberry pies, however it can no longer do such. This ability can hit 75 times.

In PvP with Guardians and Mesmers (both very popular classes.) and even necromancers! There best specs offer them and there clones a ton of almost perma-retaliation, this absolutely destroys us, we can almost do /75000/, /75000!?/ damage to ourselves just because of retaliation!

Thick Skin
Become immune to retaliation while channeling.

Erm… who uses Axe 5 in PvP?
When I want to feel sad, I PvP.
When I PvP, retaliation isn’t what makes me sad… it’s the infinite kiting by enemy semi/full bunkers who I cannot spike in the short time I am near them, lol.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you cancel the channel by stowing your weapon? I know you can with swapping but that’s not always a good option.

What does that have to do with anything above?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Thick Skin
Become immune to retaliation while channeling.

Erm… who uses Axe 5 in PvP?
When I want to feel sad, I PvP.
When I PvP, retaliation isn’t what makes me sad… it’s the infinite kiting by enemy semi/full bunkers who I cannot spike in the short time I am near them, lol.

Nobody, because it DESTROYS you.

People used to use it in PVP when it procced omnomberry pies because it could fully heal you, I mean it hit up to 75 times.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaah, its just made my day. /thread

in Warrior

robocafaz.9017

Your post discusses the problem where you can get stuck killing yourself due to retaliation because you’re stuck channeling something. So if you stop channeling you stop killing yourself.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Your post discusses the problem where you can get stuck killing yourself due to retaliation because you’re stuck channeling something. So if you stop channeling you stop killing yourself.

What are you talking about?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Hes talking about learning to play. Np

in Warrior

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Do you guys hate each other??

Is that why you literally can’t bridge the gap between your comments?

in Warrior

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

You can cancel channel with dodging.

Also, retaliation is designed to counter those kinds of things. Things that proc effects fast. And finally…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation

are you kidding me? The targets you are fighting would need to have over ten thousand power in order to do 1000 damage per tick of retaliation.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

You can cancel channel with dodging.

Also, retaliation is designed to counter those kinds of things. Things that proc effects fast. And finally…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation

are you kidding me? The targets you are fighting would need to have over ten thousand power in order to do 1000 damage per tick of retaliation.

Retaliation is designed to do such, however its way to powerful against Warriors channeled abilities, you might as well toss axe ‘5’ now that it doesn’t proc multiple things.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Retaliation op against warriors.. Thats new to me..Chill, cripple, confusion..burning or even 25 stack of bleed, but retaliation? And who the fk using axe 5? Its lower tier than hot join really. “i cant do it bc i dont know how, plz buff me so i can be fine” Lets 1 shot ppl from right and left and be immune to any kind of damage, even the falling one.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

I have never had problems with retaliation 0_0…
With the build I run, I don’t have problems with chills and kiting either.

The problem I have is that I can’t kill enemy bunkers since they do what I do and then some… but I still love my Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

Thick Skin
Become immune to retaliation damage while channeling.

This makes off-hand skills like Axe ‘5’ not completely destroy ourselves and actually help us.

….sigh. Try playing a flamethrower engie before u complain about retaliation. WE have one attack that is actually hurt by retal. If you can’t look at thier boons and cancel your skill its a L2 kitten ue.

in Warrior

robocafaz.9017

Yeah, I don’t understand what you’re complaining about here. Can you explain a bit further and then maybe I can help better?

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Warrior

Posted by: boondocksaint.6529

boondocksaint.6529

Op is messing a few things up. He is not talking about sPvP as he talked about using consumables that can only be used in WvW PvP. Also Retaliation is based off the targets Power levels, not how much damage you do.

Now to address the issue at hand. Axe 5 is a great skill in WvW against zergs. It is a powerful, reliable, mobile AoE. Retaliation is the direct counter to skills like this so you will just have to be careful when you drop this skill. Another tactic is to use the sword leap skill, axe 5 ,then endure pain. It will protect you against direct damage, your sword 2 skill will have recharged when you finish spinning and you can jump out and set up your next chain.

There are a few things we warriors struggle with and can use some help in WvW and especially sPvP but Retaliation is not one of those issues.

(edited by boondocksaint.6529)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Op is messing a few things up. He is not talking about sPvP as he talked about using consumables that can only be used in WvW PvP. Also Retaliation is based off the targets Power levels, not how much damage you do.

Now to address the issue at hand. Axe 5 is a great skill in WvW against zergs. It is a powerful, reliable, mobile AoE. Retaliation is the direct counter to skills like this so you will just have to be careful when you drop this skill. Another tactic is to use the sword leap skill, axe 5 ,then endure pain. It will protect you against the retaliation damage, your sword 2 skill will have recharged when you finish spinning and you can jump out and set up your next chain.

There are a few things we warriors struggle with and can use some help in WvW and especially sPvP but Retaliation is not one of those issues.

Endure Pain doesn’t protect you against non-physical damage like retaliation/condition damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Now to address the issue at hand. Axe 5 is a great skill in WvW against zergs. It is a powerful, reliable, mobile AoE. Retaliation is the direct counter to skills like this so you will just have to be careful when you drop this skill. Another tactic is to use the sword leap skill, axe 5 ,then endure pain. It will protect you against the retaliation damage, your sword 2 skill will have recharged when you finish spinning and you can jump out and set up your next chain.

I don’t believe Endure Pain works on anything but direct damage so Retaliation would still work against you. I’m not sure if Invulnerability protects against it either since you can still take damage from conditions if they are applied before the invulnerability.

That said, I find it comical the OP wants a counter to a counter. Retaliation is meant to punish quick hits that can only be partially protected against from certain blocks, evades and movement. It’d be like a Thief asking for a counter to Aegis because their huge hit could be completely negated by it, lowering their damage burst substantially.

Also, the retaliation would only do big damage on you if all the targets you aim at have retaliation. OP is asking for a relative nerf to a lone player using retaliation to help add on some damage because if you multiply that to the target cap, you could be burned by it.

The answer to this isn’t to counter retaliation, it’s to counter the situation. If a channel vs 5 targets all with retaliation is truly imbalanced (which I don’t think it is) then a mechanic to only allow the victim to receive retaliation damage from one source at a time is the answer. Because Warriors are not special. If it’s an imbalance, then it’s an imbalance to all professions.