Our elite specs are lame compared to core

in Warrior

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

Both of the new class mechanics introduced by our two elite specs limit our normal class mechanic… Berserker mode is an attack speed buff. And Full Counter is so brain dead to use because its going to get proc’d by the hundred random aoes going on in any group fight.

Core warrior feels like the elite spec.. build up 3 adrenaline bars to unleash a massive burst. I can only hope the next elite spec lets you build up like 9 adrenaline bars for a mega burst… that would be cool.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

9 adrenaline bar for a mega burst……ummm ok. You realize the problems with that tho right? It can’t do more damage than the best burst does currently….cause this game doesn’t officially support 1 shot abilities. So the act of putting in 3x as much adrenaline……it has to yield something 3x as good, but it can’t be more powerful damage wise….mmmkay. So that leaves 2 options: 1. utility, 2. we just increase the amount of adrenaline you get by 3x and make using lesser adrenaline strikes some new kinda mechanics (mbe melee kicks/headbutts whatever use x many strikes).

OK im bored.

Anyways the full counter provides an evade window when you counterattack. So just think of it as an extra dodge really.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Full_Counter

You absorb……dodge…..daze (300 radius 5 targets unblockable).

Honestly I’m sickened by the amount of unblockable dazes and stuns being tossed around. It completely kills counterplay and makes a bland meta where everyone either uses stability or they become a deer caught in the headlights.

Anyways ur just a ‘might makes right’ kinda vanilla warrior when you take spellbreaker. You tank alot, and your bonus is that your utility skills allow some better groupplay abilities.

You gotta admit we were the class that lacked the most when it came to group stuffs. This seeks to remedy it in a rather boring tasteless fashion, BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION. I got nothing but love and support for the people who do like spellbreaker, you have the right to love it!

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Most of the berserker primal bursts are stronger than the 3rd level bursts, or at least competitive with the 3rd level bursts. That’s pretty decent considering they cost 1/3 the adrenaline (after a 3rd level buy in, but the buffs from berserk kind of balance that out in my mind). I’d say berserker is quite a nice elite spec, even in the face of the recent nerfs to it’s adrenaline.

Spellbreaker has the interesting mechanic of being able to do 2 bursts back to back: Full Counter then Arcing Slice… Skull Crack then Arcing Slice… it’s different, and that’s really more important. Elites weren’t made to be vertical upgrades, but horizontal (at the very least, horizontal from the already existing elite specs). I think spellbreaker is quite nice thematically, and full counter seems quite strong: A block and high damage AE counter that can copy conditions, daze, and evade on any and all weapons you ever use? Pretty dope if you ask me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

To be honest, i am having a blast with core warrior, core warrior never been this fun.

If they are indeed making Elites as a “An option not a must” then they are on the right track, still a bit of balancing needed here and there.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

To be honest, i am having a blast with core warrior, core warrior never been this fun.

If they are indeed making Elites as a “An option not a must” then they are on the right track, still a bit of balancing needed here and there.

Same. Been playing both core warrior and core s/d thief for a good few months now. It’s good to learn the new specs just to see what they can offer and know what you are up against but apart from that I much prefer the older specs. What if they did change core to an elite spec like the trait lines that boost main part of each profession for example dicapline or trickery.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Same

I mostly play core power warrior too, the standard axe/shield/GS has benefited from the last patch, and it’s even more powerful and enjoyable now. I love GS/bow power warrior as well. I have some expectations for Spellbreaker though (hope they buff the spec a bit).

Aside from core warrior, I usually roam in S/D daredevil, the mobility and evade of the build are just insane, it’s plenty of fun.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Most of the berserker primal bursts are stronger than the 3rd level bursts, or at least competitive with the 3rd level bursts. That’s pretty decent considering they cost 1/3 the adrenaline (after a 3rd level buy in, but the buffs from berserk kind of balance that out in my mind). I’d say berserker is quite a nice elite spec, even in the face of the recent nerfs to it’s adrenaline.

Spellbreaker has the interesting mechanic of being able to do 2 bursts back to back: Full Counter then Arcing Slice… Skull Crack then Arcing Slice… it’s different, and that’s really more important. Elites weren’t made to be vertical upgrades, but horizontal (at the very least, horizontal from the already existing elite specs). I think spellbreaker is quite nice thematically, and full counter seems quite strong: A block and high damage AE counter that can copy conditions, daze, and evade on any and all weapons you ever use? Pretty dope if you ask me.

Most of the primal burst are the same damage ad the tier 3 burst skills. The primal do add extra that probably bring them up to the tier 3 burst in total for the most part

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend