PSA: Take your signet of might and go.

in Warrior

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Attention. Just dropping in once again to remind whatever pugs are browsing this to stop taking signet of might over a banner of strength and fury over discipline.

I know math is hard but 180 power/precision for you is not as good as 170 power/precision and 170 condi dmg/ferocity for the party. But apparently every second warrior thinks it is (dat extra 10 power/precision doe.) and will resist swapping it as if their life depends on it.

That is all.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Signet of Might does have uses, they just aren’t uses you find in normal dungeons. That signet is probably one of the best tools a Warrior has on the Imbued Fire Shaman fractal. You can activate the signet and immobilize the Shaman through his shield bubble.

By the way, there’s nothing wrong with taking Disc and Signet of Fury, especially in a pug dungeon. The normal setup is Banner of Discipline, Banner of Strength, and Signet of Fury.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Banners and phalanx strength are essentially all the warrior is used for in groups so if they aren’t complying with bringing what they’re expected to from you, you should probably just kick them… but only if you ask / tell them first! Give them a chance to cooperate.

One thing though…

The normal setup is Banner of Discipline, Banner of Strength, and Signet of Fury.

This is best to do only when you have enough fury. If for some reason you’re in a team of idiots and you don’t have eles blasting their lava fonts, you’d need the fury from FGJ more than the passive precision from signet of fury. If I recall correctly in a level 80 zone/instance, signet of fury gives ~9% more crit chance and assuming you’re running either 65003 or 05063 with arms V, you’ll definitely need to make sure you have sufficient fury uptime.

Otherwise you’re correct because crit chance is lower than ideal for a warrior that has both banners so it’s a lot nicer to be able to take signet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Banners and phalanx strength are essentially all the warrior is used for in groups so if they aren’t complying with bringing what they’re expected to from you, you should probably just kick them…

What a horrible mindset that creates a toxic community. If it’s a pug run, the players should play whatever build they want. It’s a game not a job.

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

That Purple Miku guy is such an elitist. I myself run a 3/3/3/3/2 celestial mace/axe rifle warrior with a banner, a shout and a signet. It may not be as cheesy as the “meta”, but I’m having fun playing it, and it’s a great all around build. I can adapt to many situations, and I’m always the one picking those zerker elitists off the floor. I mean, how could I know the run was asking for a specific build? I play how I want, and the lfg window is so small I can’t read it so I join whatever group I see. That kind of toxic behavior kicking people from playing what they want disgust me. It’s like some people think about the group instead of themselves or some non sense like that.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

That Purple Miku guy is such an elitist. I myself run a 3/3/3/3/2 celestial mace/axe rifle warrior with a banner, a shout and a signet. It may not be as cheesy as the “meta”, but I’m having fun playing it, and it’s a great all around build. I can adapt to many situations, and I’m always the one picking those zerker elitists off the floor. I mean, how could I know the run was asking for a specific build? I play how I want, and the lfg window is so small I can’t read it so I join whatever group I see. That kind of toxic behavior kicking people from playing what they want disgust me. It’s like some people think about the group instead of themselves or some non sense like that.

Not reading descriptions and making demands for acceptance while insulting people who want to save time seems toxic if you ask me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I thought this thread was gonna be about people popping signet of might for no reason.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Banners and phalanx strength are essentially all the warrior is used for in groups so if they aren’t complying with bringing what they’re expected to from you, you should probably just kick them…

What a horrible mindset that creates a toxic community. If it’s a pug run, the players should play whatever build they want. It’s a game not a job.

I don’t understand why “PvE” is such a big deal when this game’s PvE is horrible. People literally think every second of clear time matters on a game which isn’t about speed runs but farming skins?

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Signet of Might +2 team utilities is perfectly fine for pve.
I run it with 2 (healing) shouts and it works well.

in Warrior

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

While i agree to a certain extent with this there are limits. Obviously a pug group is going to be a long long way from a coordinated speed run but “i’ll play how i want” and “i’ll be useless to my team” are completely different things.

I have no problems with people running a “tank” guard with mace/shield or “heal” ele when i join a fun run group. The problem is when you find these people in a group called “experienced players fast run” and then they resist changing.

The point of grouping for dungeons is to play with others and i have no idea why you’d intentionally kitten your party because “i’ll play how i want” (in this scenrio you know what you’re doing. you aren’t just a clueless newbie). If you want to do that then create a party to do it in and make it clear. Don’t join someone else’s run and then fight when you get asked to change.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Oh how convenient it is to just completely leave this part out of my quote:

you should probably just kick them… but only if you ask / tell them first! Give them a chance to cooperate.

Hurr durr. So toxic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

@Purple Miku I didn’t know PvE was so hardcore o.o
hardcore!

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

What’s hardcore about wanting to higher fury uptime lmao?

in Warrior

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

I don’t understand why “PvE” is such a big deal when this game’s PvE is horrible. People literally think every second of clear time matters on a game which isn’t about speed runs but farming skins?

Well its still better than pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

“I can’t figure out why people in this game worry about pvp balance when literaly everything works in pvp. I did a match a few days ago with my mesmer and I forgot to trait him properly so it was like 60002 build with no traits – and don’t ask me about my amulet or rune, no idea – but the match was funny and I still got 3 chests at the end. I even went a rank up!”

^ this is how it sounds when pvp players talk about dungeons.

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

its true what you asy OP but it kinda depends on how many warriors there are in the party.

Banner of str and discipline, empower allies ,phalanx strenght are all good skills but warriors need to simply ask the other warrior which of those skills are they going to use so they dont overlap eachother…. ONLY THEN can the warrior pick signets to buff them selfs