PVE - HELP! How do I survive?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

When i usually did dungeons , especially fractals i put up Defense 15 + regen food.
It helps out a lot to regen. Running tank as a warrior is useless [we have no aegis, etc].

I used zerker armor set with Defense 15.
Also you can use Healing signet with these so you can get better sustain in dungeons. Depends mostly what kind of dungeon are you running.

Also roll Signet of Stamina, it’s really cool to have some extra dodges at dungeons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tomasmxmf.9403

Tomasmxmf.9403

I’ll give you a few easy steps to becoming a great PVE warrior

Step 1-Run full zerker everything w/ 30/25/0/0/15
Step 2-Do lots of damage
Step 3-Learn how to dodge
Step 4-??
Step 5-Have good guard
Step 6-Profit $$$$$$$$$$$$$

SCUMMY WARRIOR/REV ON DRAGONBRAND
[FIRE]//@TOLIVEFREEORDIE//RAIDER KREWE

in Warrior

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

I’ll give you a few easy steps to becoming a great PVE warrior

Step 1-Run full zerker everything w/ 30/25/0/0/15
Step 2-Do lots of damage
Step 3-Learn how to dodge
Step 4-??
Step 5-Have good guard
Step 6-Profit $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good or generic? Just cus you saw it on a build list doesn’t mean it is best. I spend most of my time picking up people who try to go full zerker and they get mowed over. Only a pro should use full zerker not someone who is looking for guidance on being a pve/dungeon warrior.

Being a zerker takes skill to be honest.. You need to get really handy with dodging. For this case I would put 20 into defense for the regen and Cleansing Ire.. That trait is very nice for sustain since some warriors have a hard time with conditions. And it promotes you to be aggressive. Better preparing you for Zerker late game when you get better or have a coordinated group.

And as of recently the armored attack buff is pretty nice..10%? Wow. And the Spike armor is even better. Making durable warriors a bit more viable in dungeons where more often then not you will be soaking up the damage while dishing it back out.

in Warrior

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Run Nike’s build here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83915-axemace-dps-build-for-dungeons-and-fractals-101513/

Run knight’s armor in place of berserker until you have a good balance between dealing more DPS and not falling all the time. Eventually you will learn the dungeons and the encounters, be better at dodging and you can slowly add more zerk gear.

Do NOT change to some tank/healing/other crap build. It won’t make you a better player. Dungeons are almost entirely a DPS race and should be geared for accordingly.

For skills, I always have FGJ and Signet of Rage. After that I always have Banner of Disc/Banner of Strength but often times you are in a party with other warriors running those so I switch to On My Mark. I run mending and/or shake it off if there will be lots of conditions (TA for example) otherwise use Healing Signet. Balanced Stance is useful in places where enemies have a lot of knockdowns/stuns.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

-Well the first thing obviously is to learn when to dodge. Bind dodge to a key that you have good access to at all times (I use shift), then it’s a case of learning the encounters you’re facing. A lot of the most dangerous attacks in this game have either very short, not very obvious, or non-existent telegraphs meaning you will need to learn what to look for before you can hope to survive them.
Another thing to take into account is that it is better to dodge early than late. For whatever reason evade frames don’t actually begin until a fraction of a second after the dodge animation begins (Getting my dodge “interrupted” is highly annoying.) while they seem to persist longer than you’d think.
-Movement is also very important and you should learn which attacks are best dodged and which can be avoided via simply moving as to not waste endurance. By rapidly strafing right and left many ranged attacks, such as the Volcanic fractal bosses arrow, will miss you provided you are far enough away. This is very useful for taking out the harpies in Uncategorized if your team lacks reflects and is forced to range.
-As a warrior you should have a mace in your offhand. The #5 skill on the mace is very useful against stacked mobs as you can knock a decent number to the floor for a couple of seconds. This has the effect of eliminating all damage from those mobs for the duration as well as frequently interrupting some of their dangerous opening moves. (Graveling leaps and Breeder hatchling spawns for example)

-Support from your team is your other huge means of defence and frequently the most important. The simplest source of this support is group DPS. Many encounters are trivialised simply by your team mulching the mobs before they can hurt you too much. Group DPS is increased by everyone using DPS builds, everyone using appropriate group DPS buffing traits and utilities (banners, frost spirit, spotter), and everyone applying boons such as might and fury as well as stacking vulnerability on mobs.
Finally a lot of damage can be avoided by the correct classes using their correct abilities. A guardians wall of reflection can be the difference between a hard encounter and a trivial one.
Ultimately your team is like a group of runners roped together, if you all run fast then you’ll run smooth with each other. If too many are too slow then they risk tripping up those who try to run ahead. Hence why useless bearbow rangers aren’t that popular.

in Warrior

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

i run the 30/25/0/0/15 full zerk with scholar when roaming pve. However, for dungeon, it depends on your guildmates and most importantly the server latency. No offence, but people telling you to learn to dodgy is a stupid advise. Obviously 100% players would dodge if they could (equivalent of telling you “dont get hit”). But you really need a guardian in your party to survive harder, if not you will be down often enough making you a overall weak dps character. Many people will disagree, but that is fine with me, is that I run with a longbow for instances where the attack timing has gone outta whacked and I still want to contribute some damage for the party from a distance before going in again. If traited carefully, you can really tough and still give out decent dps (not great..but decent)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

IMO going full DPS is the most lazy way to not know your proffesion. Warriors can survive a lot, but you’d have to sacrifice some of your DPS.

I think there’s not a single fight in a dungeon where you need to do insane DPS and it’s all about knowing the mechanics of the fight. Makes you think about it. Everyone is so hurry about farming dungeons fast… and they forgot the way it was designed to be completed with a different strategy.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I personally run full zerker but when I run high lvl fracs with pubs I don’t have a hissy fit when other players in my group are not running zerker as well.