PVP BEST Condi Build

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

This is the one you are looking for.

I Spent weeks trying everything that people suggested and my own theorys. This trait layout, Sigil and rune selection and weapon and amulet choice wins it all. Trust me when I say of all the different ways you can use these variants this one here is the most viable.

I decided now was a good time to go condi warrior. No we are not using torch and we are not using longbow. Variants of this build idea has been floating around for sometime, but right now I am going on the record to say this is probably 1/3 of the Meta builds for warrior right now.

I already been asked for my build in game by several warriors and been happy to give it to them. It’s not a secret how good it is.

3 blocks / Reflects + Flaming fury Destroys Projectiles.
2 Poison Applications
2 4 Second Stuns 2 Dazes
Bruning/Bleeding/Torment/Confusion/Blind
3 Cripples
1 Immob
1 Leap
2 Ranged Attacks Flaming fury and Impale
3 stun Breaks/3 stabilitys
Perma Stability while under The effects o Berserker Spec
Cleasing Ire and Brawlers Recovery, Mobile Strikes (Clear 3 condis every 3 seconds) (4 Condis Every 5 Seconds)
83% Bleeding Duration
57% Burning
37% Condi
30% Stun Duration
54% Crit Chance
2.8K armor.
This build Just works you don’t need to do anything else to it and there is no other more optimal way to play it. There are good reasons why we use the runes, Sigil, and amulet we use with this build… Don’t change them. You need condition duration to make condition builds work. Do not try non condi duration Amulets and runes and sigils on a condi build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsc5enMdAVhgdhAmkCElilqA7d02antK9gYXOApA0ACAA-TphAABA8AA24EAwz+DGcEA44gAofZAA

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

It’s a good build.

I came to roughly the same conclusions testing Distracting Strikes in the other thread. The last DS build I used was virtually the same , the only differences being big compensations for the big sacrifices you have to make for dropping Discipline.

I don’t think those switches make DS worth it over the regular Defense/Discipline deal (even if it makes Mace/Shield better out of Berserker Mode), and don’t have much to say in terms of improving your build— you can only do so much for condition Warrior in this meta.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Thats right the weapon skill cooldowns dictate that fast hands is mandatory. You can play without it, but without having the ability to swap and use that block, or use that CC, or that burst skill that is off CD kills warrior.

Especially berserker spec when your burst skills Cooldown faster than fast hands. And if you don’t take fast hands youre not going to be able to even swap and use your other burst skill before bersrker spec expires.

It’s deeper than that your condition cleansing depends on fast hands. A lot of times under heavy condi pressure you need to be able to land a burst skill, swap, then land another burst skill. You cant do this without fast hands if you just swapped.

Without burst mastery you can’t use burst skill out of berserker spec. Some of these burst skills like Flurry and Skull crack I want to use the standar versions at times because they are powerful. It’s a choice do I spend my adrinaline and use a 4 sec stun or a 4 sec immob. Or do I go into berserker spec and use flaming fury to clear a condi or block some projectiles and headbutt is up I think I could land all of flamming furys 8k dammage on a target under stun. Without burst mastery you have no choices,

(edited by Warlord.9074)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ill try this tomorrow… but this doesnt seem like it would pump out any damage really. I also dont see the benefit to taking defense. shield mastery is good but thats about it for this build and PVE anyway

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

It’s PVP not PVE.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Seems nice. Going to test it tonight.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

shield mastery is good but thats about it for this build and PVE anyway

RIP Title.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: gluten.6754

gluten.6754

EDIT: I just realized my build is pretty much the same as the build Choppy posted in a thread a few posts down from yours. I’m guessing you made this build as a distinctly different condi build from his/mine, which seems pretty standard. I’ll leave my post unchanged, but I can see how what I say might be redundant.

I’m a big fan of condi warrior and run a similar condi build, but with Sword/Torch and a couple different sigils.

The main differences between your build and mine though are that I use Rousing Resilience instead of Cleansing Ire and Viper’s amulet. With Outrage, Headbutt, and the generally huge amount of CC out there, Rousing Resilience is a really nice boost to my sustain (and with the Discipline line, Outrage, and Headbutt I find I usually have adrenaline when I need it.) I also use Rune of the Tempest sometimes if I’m in matchups where my damage output won’t be a problem but need the extra healing, and with RR + Tempest rune Outrage becomes one of my favorite utilities.

But my main point is that I think it’s a mistake to not use Viper’s amulet here. With Viper’s you maintain the same condi damage while doubling your power damage output. I generally end up with about a 2/1 ratio for power/condi damage with Viper’s, and the pressure can really be overwhelming. If I can pull off the combo of Headbutt > Flaming Fury > Shield Bash > Skull Grinder (idea, I know), the power damage + burning + cover condis is usually enough to win me a matchup.

That said, I haven’t been playing warrior long and I’ll definitely give this build a try when I get home. I never tried Rune of the Krait on my condi build before, and the condi/poison application on Headbutt seems very nice. Like I mentioned, I’m a big fan of condi war so I’m happy to see people posting builds for it.

(edited by gluten.6754)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ok fair enough but I’m positive this said pve originally that’s what confused me. All bueno

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Not using vipers for 2 reasons. Reason 1 warrior isn’t viable because there is no sustain. Using Vipers and off hand torch, and Rousing over having condi clears helps this none. It makes it lower.

Reason 2. Sword doesn’t do a lot of power damage beside for final trust which isnt going to do alot of dammage under viper. So its a waste. Low survival not huge DPS increases.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: gluten.6754

gluten.6754

Rousing Resilience + Rune of Tempest together heals somewhere in the range of 4k (maybe someone has a more exact figure), every 20s on demand if Headbutt hits and for most CC effects with the 10s cd for Outrage. Also, Rousing Resilience provides 8s of 1000 bonus toughness on stun break (according to the trait description, maybe this is incorrect), so it’s hard to justify saying RR lowers sustain vs. a passive 560 toughness increase. There’s also some condi clear on demand via torch 5.

The point on sword damage I can understand, but cutting power damage in half doesnt seem worth it to me for a 25% increase in precision, which doesn’t effect condition damage, and 560 toughness. With Viper’s, Final Thrust regularly hits for 4-5k and Headbutt for 3k along with the same condi damage.

I’ll test Wanderer’s tonight though. I’ve never tried in on Warrior, and I’m hoping my eyes are opened because I’m always looking for new builds.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

You cannot sustain in this meta without condi clears it doesn’t work period.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

I agree with most of the build, but I still don’t understand why Fast Hands is necessary at all. You don’t need to have 5 sec weapon swap for this build to work. I think going Strength instead of Discipline is overall preferable and gives you way more condi pressure. Using the right weapon set at the right time is part of predicting what your opponent is going to do. Here are counters to some of your arguments:

You take Discipline because…

-More survivability through weapon skills: Most of them are too high cooldown for 5 sec weapon swap to make a difference, only exception imo being Savage Leap + Warrior’s Sprint. This can be solved by more intelligent weapon swapping and prediction of your opponent.

-More survivability through Cleansing Ire and more burst spam: I take torch off hand to more reliably cleanse 2 condis while at the same time add more condi pressure through more access to burning (and fire aura).

Strength also offers survivability:

-Half a dodge gained on burst use
-Access to pretty good weakness uptime through Body Blow to negate burst builds
-Access to potentially a lot of confusion stacks which forces your opponent to not press buttons

In conclusion I think Strength wins by a little because the survivability trade is fairly equal yet you gain very substential condi pressure.

This is the build I go with now:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsf5enMdAVhgdhAukCEliFjA7t4ucjuGBgNYODZEsC+AA-TphAAB6XGYjDCAAPAADOCAccCAIc/BA

-Torch gives you access to burning out of Berserk
-Shattering Blow gives you access to a low cooldown block when in sword/torch and it also fills up 1 bar of adrenaline so you can do combos like Head Butt > Berserk > Skulls Grinder > Shattering Blow > Switch to sword > Flaming Furry > auto attack bleed stacks for massive pressure.
-Traveler’s Rune compensate for the lack of Warrior’s Sprint and gives you 10% condi duration for all condis, not just bleeding.

Noz

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I take Discipline becasue 4 of my skills remove immobilize, clearing blind + 1 condi on swap is strong. I bet you didn’t know that Brawlers recovery always clears blind. Gaining adrinaline on swap and not losing all of your adrinaline when you land or miss a burst is pretty huge.

Unless u are blowing all of your skills on each set before each swap than you have a point. I never play like that. I will use maybe 1-2 skills on a weapon set then swap.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

I take Discipline becasue 4 of my skills remove immobilize, clearing blind + 1 condi on swap is strong. I bet you didn’t know that Brawlers recovery always clears blind. Gaining adrinaline on swap and not losing all of your adrinaline when you land or miss a burst is pretty huge.

Unless u are blowing all of your skills on each set before each swap than you have a point. I never play like that. I will use maybe 1-2 skills on a weapon set then swap.

Yes, but I still think you are losing a very significant amount of condi pressure with the extra confusion, bleeds and weakness. The only thing that I truly miss from Discipline is Warrior’s Sprint. Everything else you can make up for with good gameplay.

Noz

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Bleeds no. The build already has so much bleeding the 2 stacks of bleeding you get from body blow are unnecessary. Especially with krait runes. The weakness from body blow would be good except a Shield stun with Parallelization is 3 seconds and headbutt is 4 seconds. That overlaps the 3 second weakness you get. If someone is stunned for 3 seconds they are not doing damage already.

The only thing that you gain basically is 4 extra stacks of confusion which is huge. I Just don’t think thats worth it, when its 4 stacks on interrupt not 4 stacks guaranteed like what skull grinder always gives. I don’t think its as good as you think it is just when u see those 12 stacks of confusion when u get lucky and your opponent is a kitten it really is impressive and it can down someone fast.

I would take my clear blind on swap for a for sure Skullgrider over a get blinded miss and get nothing get stuck in a weapon set not be able to swap back and use a skill that would help me in a clutch moment.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

I have been looking for a pvp build for my warrior (love dual swords) and going to try this out. Thanks for sharing! <3

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Glad to help the warrior community. Since ANET won’t help. I kinda regret now posting the build because whenever I face a half way decent team with a half way decent warrior on it running this build it wrecks my pug teams.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Mercenary amulet with mace/shield, hammer, with distracting strikes and body blow is far stronger. Hybrid condi-burst with chain cc and 3-4k crits on hammer. With berserker stance, signet of stamina, and lyssa runes you shut down necros in team fights.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Mercenary amulet with mace/shield, hammer, with distracting strikes and body blow is far stronger. Hybrid condi-burst with chain cc and 3-4k crits on hammer. With berserker stance, signet of stamina, and lyssa runes you shut down necros in team fights.

To each their own. From my experience a build with no mobility is not good build at all. Hammer Berserker Burst skill is garbage and lyssa runes are trash.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

How do you feel about the following changes for fights vs. non-Necromancers?

Wanderer’s Amulet → Mercenary Amulet
Cleansing Ire → Rousing Resilience
Rune of the Krait → Rune of the Tempest

Nothing else. Just a few stat swaps.

The only time I’m in a position where conditions worry me is when a Necromancer is focusing me and Berserker Stance is already on cooldown. In most other fights, I can get by with just swaps and passive healing. The extra 4~5K healing on every stun break, with the extra overall damage on Mace swap (since the auto is strictly power) have been helping me more than the longer duration bleed stacks have been on Sword/Sword.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Anything can work and be OP in duels. If you can press F12 and you are going up against 5 non condi classes than you can make any adjustment. Just right now from my experience every match I am in there is at least 2 condi Necros. Take one look at my bar and I have 10 condis on me.

Best build to me means the build thats going to work on average as good in most situations. If I could pick and choose my opponents it would be another thing. Any build without CI in the current meta is not viable. The META is condi spam aids cancer. If its not condi necros it’s condi engis, mesmers, and thiefs. At least in unranked.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

I’ve been experimenting with this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsc5fnMdAlkitkCWhAElilrA7N0mabtK5gWXNAJAkASdA-TpRHABAcEAC4BAQ2JAQo9H+uMQwHEAA

Reasoning:
Shieldmaster is still worth it for the reflects and might. In addition counterblow only blocks 1 projectile from range unless traited with this.

Nightmare rune instead of Krait: These are pretty close but i dont like Krait coz bleeds are already lasting for a very long duration but all the others welcome the extra duration(poison,weakness,cripple,torment,confusion,burning). Fear is pretty good to help u land ur skills and distract your enemies.
Krait is also nice because f the cover conditions on elite usage, it has 10s higher cd than the elite skill though.

Torch became a lot better with the newly buffed king of fires because of the extra fire aura you can combo.

Dead or Alive: I like the extra sustain more than a little condi damage.

Generosity sigil: extra condi remove and random cover condi.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m against pure condi, I believe that Berserker is best with a hybrid approach.

I’ve been using this with Mercenary Ammy

You can do CI or RR in Defense depending on the team comp. I find with smart use of my blocks, Berserker’s Stance, and Healing Signet active you can still beat even condi necro while using RR so long as you keep the CC up.

As for use in actual TPvP though, a pure power rifle build being supported by a Tempest would be better. All of the builds posted here would be OK for 1v1s, but in actual team fights you’re basically a less effective Reaper or Scrapper. Power Rifle can do something that no other class can really do with Signet of Might and Gun Flame.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

I’m against pure condi, I believe that Berserker is best with a hybrid approach.

What’s the point in using mercenary with this? you barely have any condis. I think it’s best with marauder but if u want to be more tanky then go Paladin’s.
Berserker runes aren’t that great imo.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

What’s the point in using mercenary with this? you barely have any condis. I think it’s best with marauder but if u want to be more tanky then go Paladin’s.
Berserker runes aren’t that great imo.

You have a big burn on Gun Flame, and Skull Grinder has Confusion and Bleeding. Factor in the sigils and the fact that you can just constantly push out said bursts with CC to deny cleanse and I’ve found few builds that can deal with it.

As an example, going Head Butt then using Outrage and going Berserk and using Gun Flame, then following that up with Rifle Butt, Brutal Shot, then Aimed Shot. You can deal 3k-5k with the Gun Flame, then the burning will tic for a little over 1.2k 3 times. After that, you swap to Mace while in melee distance and you’ll apply Chill and Bleeding then all the condis on Skull Grinder. That’s some really good damage for a ammy that also has defensive stats.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

To each their own. From my experience a build with no mobility is not good build at all. Hammer Berserker Burst skill is garbage and lyssa runes are trash.

Warriors Sprint is movement enough and your purpose is to burst/shut down necros. Lyssa serves its purpose in your role. If you’re not looking to lock out necros then running krait is a great alternative, even then mace/shield and hammer is a strong combo.

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Mashedwarf.8235

Mashedwarf.8235

I’m giving you a /bump Warlord.9074! I’ve been really enjoying this build, and it would be a shame for the Warrior community to not see it. Great job creating it!

PVP BEST Condi Build

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I tested it out tonight/this morning. its fun. I would like to spar agianst it with my condi burn warrior.