People hating banners

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Aruemar.7891

Aruemar.7891

I noticed there is a dislike for banners, has anyone notice this?

It gets in the way of picking up loot or reviving players. Today in WvW, I notice a guildie took my banner and placing it on the other side of the supply camp (where no one could be affected by it). I asked if him hated banners, which he said yes. It got in the way of him picking loot.

I understand how dangerous it can be in the heat of battle because picking up a banner replaces your 1-5 skills, which disrupts your flow/focus(which might end up killing you).

I would suggest to make banners attachable to the back of warrior, so it won’t be a bother to anyone else.

For now it, it is a great way of trolling and killing your allies.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

You should tell them to bind the ‘loot all’ function in key bindings. It’s a seperate key that’ll loot everything around you character in a 600 radius. It works even while using siege weapons and doesn’t count as the use key for interacting with the environment. Won’t have that problem ever again.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

They better be happy when we pop out a banner or two.
All banners have really really cool buffs.

They should use AoE Loot. all of them.
And Praise us when we give them banners!
kitten pugs.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

AoE loot button helps in situations like that. Oh and

I understand how dangerous it can be in the heat of battle because picking up a banner

I would say that constant F-spamm disturbs more in the heat of the battle than the Banner. If you happen to accidently pick banner you get rooted for 1/2 second or so when you pick it, which can be cancelled and even if you have the banner weapon switch button insta drops it anyways.

None ever should be mad if warrior puts down a banner. It’s an extra buff that makes your friend even more stronger, and the best thing about is thakittens a unique buff that doesn’t interfere with other boons and it cannot be removed or turned into condition by necros. Banner warriors are rare, so be proud if you find banner build fun to play. I would gladly take one in my group.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

everyone wants loot.. nobody cares about banners buffs. and picking up banners are just annoying..

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Uh…. extra 8% crit and 15% crit damage, anyone? C’mon, I’m not even a DPS warrior and I know that’s awesome. Warrior banners are freakin’ amazing, and the fact that some people still do not realize this blows my mind. XD

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Only one banner has really cool buffs. Another is decent and the other two are bad.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Only one banner has really cool buffs. Another is decent and the other two are bad.

Curious, because I count 5 banners.

And honestly, other people picking up the banner is an issue. With an easy fix, too. Just make it so that only the Warrior can pick up the banner.

Allowing you to have the effects of the banners without the skills would just result in the skills being neglected by pretty much everyone. Oh and it would also strengthen banners significantly, which would probably result in a nerf to their bonuses.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Banner just need improvements :/
Actually they are more annoyng that usefull.
In heat of batle the foe goes to far away of banner or try escape with all his summons, but i need come back to banner location and pickup to finally back to fight foe. Or… I just leave the banner and try fight the foe without bonus.

Banner needs some improvements, between them:
- Teleport to banner location and puckup, this saves time.
- Grants better status (200 and 20% instead 170 and 10%) and stacks with another banners of same tipe.
- Better radius (5000 – 10000), because they are static.
- Less CD (25s to utility, and 50 or 60 to elite).

It’s this.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

People hating banners

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Banner are the worse summon in this game.

Compare 5 Warriors droping all bannes at same time, with 5 Necros with 5 summons each…
Will be a 5 × 30, when the warrios will have 3 or 4 non stackable utility banners + some stacks of might.

If compare with Spirits and Pets, Clones and Phantasms, Elementals, Spirit Weapons, Turrest and Bombs, or even Thief guild… In every case warrior stay in huge disadvantage by use banner.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Banners have powerful and potent effects, but… their clunky use make them generally more of a hassle than they’re worth.

I’ve long been saying Banners should work like Engy Kits (swap to and from the banner) or like Engy toolbelt (Extra F key).

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Making them only usable/pickup by the warrior is clunky, if a banner warrior drops 3 banners then there is no good way to move them.

Would be kinda cool if they could be carried on the back on players, then warriors could dump X banners that would only come to full use if the group are in range of each other (players carrying a banner each)

Ofcourse this makes stacking even more popular…

People hating banners

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Ofcourse this makes stacking even more popular…

Yes, BANNERS are whats going to make stacking even worse. lol.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

What an idiot guy (the one you are talking about).

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

I dont hate Banners, but I hate it that they are indestructible and their effect in many situations much stronger, than the support skill of the other classes.
The ghosts from the ranger, for example.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I dont hate Banners, but I hate it that they are indestructible and their effect in many situations much stronger, than the support skill of the other classes.

Nice little bit to point out for those complaining that they are weak.

They may not be quite as strong as other summons….but they cannot be destroyed/killed.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

People hating banners

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

They may not be quite as strong as other summons….but they cannot be destroyed/killed.

No needs.
Warrior are destroyed before.
Or leaved behind.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

No needs.
Warrior are destroyed before.
Or leaved behind.

Yeah man, I get it…you think Warrior sucks. I see several posts a day from you, super negative, never positive.

Speak for yourself man. I feel like a beast on my Warrior after the healing buffs, I didn’t even feel weak before the patch. I felt like it took me more effort to kick kitten than it does on my Engi, but I never felt weak.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Phate.4871

Phate.4871

As a warrior, the banner cast times are too much for my play style, and rooted? eh, no thanks. If they were back mounted or they were, instead of being picked up by other players, could have a 60%(configurable) cooldown reduction if they are retreived, meaning that you could say take a banner and if you let it despawn, it would take ages to come off cooldown, but if you retreived it you could have it in like 10 seconds to cast again

FA warrior and mesmer.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Yeah.
Slow to use (summon CT + pickup time + skill CT), often get left behind, or stolen for swiftness.

Luckily we have a legitimate mobile alternative: shouts!

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

As a warrior, the banner cast times are too much for my play style, and rooted? eh, no thanks. If they were back mounted or they were, instead of being picked up by other players, could have a 60%(configurable) cooldown reduction if they are retreived, meaning that you could say take a banner and if you let it despawn, it would take ages to come off cooldown, but if you retreived it you could have it in like 10 seconds to cast again

Why want you have a reduction of the cooldown?
One Trait (Inspiring Banners) and you can keep up banners permanent.
And with “Inspiring Battle Standard” you give your team and yourself a strong and perma regeneration, also if you are dead. This make warriors do a good alternative to guardians.

There can you see, why a Ghostranger is weaker in support than a warrior.
Every Ranger who dies lost all of his ghost, and these cant keep up permanent.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

I play as a banner warrior, kind of a habit of mine since playing the Captain Class in LOTRO (kitten I miss my Captain sometimes…), it’s fun until newbies decide to pick up the banners and smack the boss with them… and who gets blamed….. the guy dropping the banners, come on guys.

But still WvWvW is great as a banner warrior people like to pick up your banners after a fight just for the swiftness buff so if anything at least people appreciate the extra speed after a fight. Only been called a newb for not rolling with cookie cutter build twice so all is well.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

Curious, because I count 5 banners.

And honestly, other people picking up the banner is an issue. With an easy fix, too. Just make it so that only the Warrior can pick up the banner.

Allowing you to have the effects of the banners without the skills would just result in the skills being neglected by pretty much everyone. Oh and it would also strengthen banners significantly, which would probably result in a nerf to their bonuses.

I strongly disagree with this. If only the warrior could pick up their own banners, neither of my two rangers, and my two guildmates who main rangers could DPS properly.

Just thought I would amuse a few of you, if I could. Banners do in fact deal more damage per hit than ranger weapons.

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

As it has been said before, healing shouts are iffy. You only get the bonus when you use a shout but at the same time, you only heal when you use the shout. So, I’m surely not the only one who sees a problem with this as opposed to a c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t source of healing and a c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t source of bonuses? Much more effective overall because I’m not having to pick between keeping my party buffed or keeping them healed. And with over 1,500 in Healing, the banners are definitely a good thing if you ask me. Especially when you literally see a good quarter of the enemy’s frontline scatter to the winds or Alt-F4 when they notice that they’re no longer able to do enough damage to counter such effects or even remove the other boons that the banners provide since, again, it’s all c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t. Furthermore, I can still pair shouts with healing banners and have those extra bonuses as well. Or, if I happen to be fast enough, I could also switch traits at opportune times during a battle and pretty much allow myself to have both healing banners and healing shouts. Oops, did I say that?

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

As it has been said before, healing shouts are iffy. You only get the bonus when you use a shout but at the same time, you only heal when you use the shout. So, I’m surely not the only one who sees a problem with this as opposed to a c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t source of healing and a c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t source of bonuses? Much more effective overall because I’m not having to pick between keeping my party buffed or keeping them healed. And with over 1,500 in Healing, the banners are definitely a good thing if you ask me. Especially when you literally see a good quarter of the enemy’s frontline scatter to the winds or Alt-F4 when they notice that they’re no longer able to do enough damage to counter such effects or even remove the other boons that the banners provide since, again, it’s all c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t. Furthermore, I can still pair shouts with healing banners and have those extra bonuses as well. Or, if I happen to be fast enough, I could also switch traits at opportune times during a battle and pretty much allow myself to have both healing banners and healing shouts. Oops, did I say that?

1500 healing? So you’re arguing effectiveness when running with an inferior gear set?

Also, regen stacks duration. You probably don’t recognize it but half that banner regen is wasted when it overwrites or is overwritten by other regen.

People hating banners

in Warrior

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

1500 healing? So you’re arguing effectiveness when running with an inferior gear set?

Also, regen stacks duration. You probably don’t recognize it but half that banner regen is wasted when it overwrites or is overwritten by other regen.

And so are any benefit of healing shouts when you’ve used them all up to cover the damage that your team is taking, then to have all those boons stripped? Inferior, indeed. A constant will always be better than a sporadic and that’s a fact.

Just how is a full set of EXOTIC Cleric armor “inferior,” by the way? Did ANet release ascended armor or did you just have a brain fart? What about EXOTIC armor upgrades? I mean, I’m pretty sure EXOTIC is the top tier unless we’re talking trinkets. But yes, full exotic Clerics armor with six superior Dwayna runes, sigil of life on my Cleric rifle, once that gets all 25 stacks, I switch over to my Cleric mace and shield which are also fitted with Sapphire orbs as are both of my Cleric rings and earrings. And one ascended amulet of protection with an Omni healing infusion. Comes out to 1,522 so far.

*To include 30 in Defense and Tactics.

People hating banners

in Warrior

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

Oops, I think I’ll apologize for the brain fart comment ‘cause I’m apparently having the brain fart…okay, so a little over 1,700 healing power after gaining the 25 stacks from the life sigil. =P

People hating banners

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Good luck for banner users

I just think that has no suficient reward for spend an utility slot with that. I preffer to use a stance, a control and another more usefull and less risky thing like shout :/

(edited by JETWING.2759)

People hating banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

when reviving downed allies, or picking up hammer of cliff side fractal..

i usually use banner when theres no need for any other utilities and i always try to plant it in a corner as much as possible to not interrupt anyone, myself included..

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748