Physical Training - Fury & Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

- Instead of a damage increase physical utilities should grant 5s of fury if they hit a target.
- Physical utilities should grant 10 adrenaline (1 bar) if they hit a target.
- Stomp should remove 5 (or 3) conditions when used.
- Mending should become a physical utility that when paired with this trait grants 5s of fury and 10 adrenaline (1 bar) when used.

Small changes to making some of the garbage traits/skills in the game, not garbage.
These changes will allow a warrior to be competitive without stances, signets or shouts.

Requiring a successful hit will eliminate abusing physical utilities for adrenaline gain and allow for counterplay. Gaining fury will allow warriors to be truly aggressive and help increase damage whether they are in berserker gear or tankier gear.

Attachments:

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Then they also need to make physical utilities worth using. As it stands, only BR is worth it.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

That would be nice it would definitely help my defense power toughness vitality.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Zefrost.3425

That would be nice it would definitely help my defense power toughness vitality.

Would be nice with cavalier’s stats also.

I feel like Bolas and Bulls Charge are pretty good as is, though I would like to see bulls charge cause stun instead of knockdown. As for stomp and kick… I would like to see stomp have its cooldown reduced to something like 30 seconds and remove conditions when used (possibly 1 condition per adrenaline bar?) and kick reduced to maybe 15 seconds.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I feel like Bolas and Bulls Charge are pretty good as is, though I would like to see bulls charge cause stun instead of knockdown. As for stomp and kick… I would like to see stomp have its cooldown reduced to something like 30 seconds and remove conditions when used (possibly 1 condition per adrenaline bar?) and kick reduced to maybe 15 seconds.

I would like Bull’s Rush to hit. And when it does hit, I would like to be in range of the target that I want to hit again. You know, like the skill is supposed to?

All other Physical utilities are seriously underpowered. Bolas is good in theory, but not worth ever choosing over sword or longbow for an immobilise.

Not even talking about the other two, although Stomp is good for EotM trolling.

Warriors are so incredibly dependent on utilities for in combat survival that Physical utilities are just not worth it, outside of BR (and that’s more because of the mobility then the offensive nature).

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

I would like Bull’s Rush to hit. And when it does hit, I would like to be in range of the target that I want to hit again. You know, like the skill is supposed to?

All other Physical utilities are seriously underpowered. Bolas is good in theory, but not worth ever choosing over sword or longbow for an immobilise.

Not even talking about the other two, although Stomp is good for EotM trolling.

Warriors are so incredibly dependent on utilities for in combat survival that Physical utilities are just not worth it, outside of BR (and that’s more because of the mobility then the offensive nature).

+1

i would really like a greatly reduced cd for Stomp.

and overall a great improvement to our physical skills needed i would like to see a build based on full physical skills just like a full stance or a full signet build.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Zefrost.3425

Edited the main post to include the idea that physical utilities should also grant 10 adrenaline when used.

Since adrenaline is getting changed, this would further improve physical utilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The damage boost shouldn’t necessarily be overlooked. It can actually make the abilities hit pretty hard. Of course, they’re generally used for CC, but having them hit pretty hard is still useful.

I think the proposed changes are still good ideas though.

I’ve run build that uses all physical utilities, and it can be good for locking people down or preventing them from mounting an offence, but the lack of the long duration immunities and stability provided by the stances are hard to give up. You could sort of use it as a piece of a group composition where your role is to continually disable a guy, but why do that when you can just go immune to everything and apply high DPS?

I also use bolas in a rifle build, although that build isn’t spec’ced into physical skills.

It’s also a problem that the trait directly competes with things like slashing power and axe mastery.

Stomp also unfortunately has an issue where you can cancel the animation if you happen to move a bit, and it completely wastes the cooldown.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I think both Kick and Bolas has that problem that they’re utilities rather than a weapon skill :P Either one would be ok as one, but they’re way outclassed as utilities. Plus, they are too onedimensional to use a trait on compared to well, all axe or GS damage.

As for Ground Stomp, I really like the idea of it, however I think it should be a two-tap attack. One press is an aoe stomp attack + blast finisher + stun break, and another tap is a knock away + Stability. Sort of like how the Karka double stomps work in practice. I think this would make it more attractive in pve, and give you more control over it in pvp, especially with a tweaked CD.

(edited by Amethyst Lure.5624)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’ve actually gone around making a physical utility build, and tbh it’s fine where it is, also people don’t know it but youn can easily hit for 3k+ with kick when you have the trait. I’ve played around with it and made complete lockdown combos :>

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

- Instead of a damage increase physical utilities should grant 5s of fury if they hit a target.
- Physical utilities should grant 10 adrenaline (1 bar) if they hit a target.
- Stomp should remove 5 (or 3) conditions when used.
- Mending should become a physical utility that when paired with this trait grants 5s of fury and 10 adrenaline (1 bar) when used.

1. But we already have tons of Fury. Heck, people say that Axe 4 isn’t good enough because all it provides is more Fury. Same is true for Arcing Slice. The thing is, Guardians do the whole “triple utilities that grant Fury on use” with their Meditations already, so giving the exact same thing to Warriors seems kind of bland.
  2. 10 per use or 10 per target hit? Because if it’s the latter, it’s not going to happen, particularly not since Kick can hit up to 3 targets on a 20s cooldown (16s traited).
  3. Why? That doesn’t seem very coherent with the rest of the Physical lineup. You know, you could totally make Stomp awesome just by making the Stability it grants a bit longer. Make it 5-6s instead of 1s and it’ll see plenty of use.
  4. EH? What? Nothing about Mending says Physical to me. Previously, I have seen people ask for Mending to be Physical so that Physical Training would double its healing, but you’re doing away with the damage bonus so I figured this wouldn’t apply to it. Also, Mending with a -20% cooldown would be ridiculously strong at 327 hp/s.

Small changes to making some of the garbage traits/skills in the game, not garbage.
These changes will allow a warrior to be competitive without stances, signets or shouts

Because Stances, Signets and Shouts aren’t diverse enough for you? And heck, if you’re going to bring up Shouts, you might as well bring up Banners.

The issue with Physical is not that they’re not properly supported, it’s that there’s too many issues. Stomp has too long of a cooldown for its function. Bolas has tracking issues. Bull’s Charge has tracking issues, but still sees use with Greatsword. Kick is only a knockback, which could benefit Hammer, but it’s not really worth the utility spot.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I like your suggestions, especially granting more adrenaline on hit. It would make that trait less crappy. Physical training needs to move down to Adept though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve actually gone around making a physical utility build, and tbh it’s fine where it is, also people don’t know it but youn can easily hit for 3k+ with kick when you have the trait. I’ve played around with it and made complete lockdown combos :>

I’ve done such a build too.

The main issue is that you’re giving up other things that are of incredible value for something that has comparably less effect. For instance, slotting physical skills means you might not have room for berserker stance, which leaves you inherently more vulnerable to condition builds. You also wouldn’t be able to get that on demand adrenaline. Now you’ll have to dedicate other parts of your build to condition removal and adrenal gain since your physical skills are not facilitating that. The other alternative is to try to manage without those facets, but those can present big gaping holes in your defenses that will cause you to lose where another build more in tune with the meta would’ve worked much better.

They’re also not directly empowering your allies, and your physical skills can even knock the enemy into a position that is inconvenient for your allies (i.e. kicking a stack of mobs).

Futhermore, stability will directly counter a lot of what makes physical skills useful in the first place, and such lockdown combos can easily be broken out of with a single blind, blink, or stun break (even one without stability).

It’s kind of the same deal with things like mesmer and guardian signets (healing ones excluded). Yeah, they can do stuff, but the things you give up for them tend to be much more valuable or applicable in more situations.

A good way to maybe implement the physical skills is as some part of a team combo attack. For instance, you can use a deliberate CC rotation that your allies know so that they won’t be thrown off by random knockbacks and can focus the enemy down properly. But what would be the real reason to trait in this case? The damage boost wouldn’t be that important on the physical skills since they’re for CC primarily, and you wouldn’t need to be constantly spamming the skills as much as possible to need the cooldown reduction.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’ve done such a build too.

The main issue is that you’re giving up other things that are of incredible value for something that has comparably less effect. For instance, slotting physical skills means you might not have room for berserker stance, which leaves you inherently more vulnerable to condition builds. You also wouldn’t be able to get that on demand adrenaline. Now you’ll have to dedicate other parts of your build to condition removal and adrenal gain since your physical skills are not facilitating that. The other alternative is to try to manage without those facets, but those can present big gaping holes in your defenses that will cause you to lose where another build more in tune with the meta would’ve worked much better.

They’re also not directly empowering your allies, and your physical skills can even knock the enemy into a position that is inconvenient for your allies (i.e. kicking a stack of mobs).

Futhermore, stability will directly counter a lot of what makes physical skills useful in the first place, and such lockdown combos can easily be broken out of with a single blind, blink, or stun break (even one without stability).

It’s kind of the same deal with things like mesmer and guardian signets (healing ones excluded). Yeah, they can do stuff, but the things you give up for them tend to be much more valuable or applicable in more situations.

A good way to maybe implement the physical skills is as some part of a team combo attack. For instance, you can use a deliberate CC rotation that your allies know so that they won’t be thrown off by random knockbacks and can focus the enemy down properly. But what would be the real reason to trait in this case? The damage boost wouldn’t be that important on the physical skills since they’re for CC primarily, and you wouldn’t need to be constantly spamming the skills as much as possible to need the cooldown reduction.

I’ve fit zerker stance into my build, the only problem this build really is it’s just 1 stunbreaker and no Endure Pain(Logic behind this is why would I need a 60s CD for 4 seconds of direct damage immunity when I can stunlock/CC people to prevent action in the first place) CD . But I don’t really need endure pain when i have shield for blocks, the only form of Stability I have in the build too is Rampage, and Rampage is pretty good for a elite as long as you don’t run into a corruption necro. Or lots of boon removal aimed at you As far as the other Physical utilites go they are just CC but the 100% damage boost helps out with damage to make it not suck, if i take kick I can easily crit for 3k on one kick and follow up with a hammer stun/Backbreaker. Stability counters Physical utilites and condi removal effects throw bolas, however if you watch your opponents boon bar you can wait until stability runs out before going about againwith CC. At most everyone has 3 stunbreakers max, the build I use has 6+ Hard control skills with healthy amount of cripples and immobilizes from sword. I can kill other warriors even with stability. People seems to have this on going thing where they think Stability=I win boon against hard CC/Hammer, frankly that’s not the case, it’s a boon that opens up a window for you to do things without getting interrupted, and that can quickly turn on you if it gets corrupted. Full stances=Damage mitigation for a set period of time with a long CD. Comparing Kick to something like Endure pain, i could kick someone up to four times before Endure pain’s CD is back up if I use it every time it came off CD. That’s opens up a lot of opportunities to stunlock someone and get them downed, or if someone without stability is going for a stomp. Physical utilites are good with the right build, just not every build.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Because Stances, Signets and Shouts aren’t diverse enough for you? And heck, if you’re going to bring up Shouts, you might as well bring up Banners.

Because being shoehorned into stances for pvp is stupid. Warrior need more viable skills for PvP not less. The only reason you will see shouts is WvW blob, banners PvE dungeons, Stances are PvP. Our physical skills are useless and are hardly ever used for that reason in any facet of the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

These are good changes, all physical skills are a joke right now. Stomp → pushes people AWAY from you, when you want the opposite also its a 0.5s stun on yourself since you can’t move while doing it. Kick, same as stomp. Bola is way to slow and will miss most of the time. Worst of all, taking any of these means not taking anything defensive utilities meaning one less stun break/stability meaning you’ll be a human ping pong ball/ pin cushion when people are tossing cond/cc your way.