Physicals, what happened..

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Bolas

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impairing_Daggers

even tho i don’t play warrior anymore i main rev with alternative thief now, still…
when i was playing thief, i see this… , pay attention ,devs
whats the point of physical training, when this skill has such low base damage. not going to mention the other stuff..like four seconds of slow
did you made physical training only for rampage or something..

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

remember when they said mending would become a physical skill but they just nerfed it to cure less condis?

yeah, don’t expect love from anet

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

remember when they said mending would become a physical skill but they just nerfed it to cure less condis?

yeah, don’t expect love from anet

Mending is so terrible. It feels more like a bad racial skill than an actual Warrior healing skill. When I heard they were making it a Physical, I was so happy. Finally, I didn’t have to run healing signet and could get some decent condition cleanse on a relatively short cooldown allowing me to come up with some new and interesting builds…. but…. nope!

Anet didn’t buff Mending and didn’t buff Withdraw on Thief either… which are healing skills belonging to two classes that need a bit of love in the current meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Comparing bolas to impairing daggers is really apples to oranges since they are for different classes…

But yea, physicals are in a rough spot. They have two big problems. One is that most of them have such low damage, as you pointed out, that there’s not much point in traiting to increase it. Rampage is the one exception and it’s really been the only reason to take the trait so far (until the nerf).

The other is that warriors rely on stances so much for any sort of sustain that there’s no room for a trait that only provides a CC. This makes them a lot like venoms to thieves in that they just don’t merit a spot on your utility skill bar when you depend on other abilities for stun breaks, dealing with condis, and handling incoming damage.

It kinda ties to the basic problem with Warriors in PvP right now: You need to dedicate too many traits and skills to just handling basic things like survival, condi cleanse, and stun breaks to have room to do anything else

So it’s no wonder that a team would rather bring an engi who can take things like Slick Shoes that will break stuns, give big in combat mobility, and provide awesome CC all with 1 utility skill slot.

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Physical Skills were always rather weak with the Warrior. Unfortunately, when ANet realized it went overboard w/ Rampage, the first thing they did was hit Peak Performance, nerfing it from a +100% damage to what it is now. Rampage got toned down later, too. But PP will continue to pay for the sins of the past.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Physical Skills were always rather weak with the Warrior. Unfortunately, when ANet realized it went overboard w/ Rampage, the first thing they did was hit Peak Performance, nerfing it from a +100% damage to what it is now. Rampage got toned down later, too. But PP will continue to pay for the sins of the past.

Typically Anet balance decisions. Buff rampage, oh rampage too strong, nerf PP to make Rampage balanced but indirectly nerfing every other physical skill. Rampage still too strong, nerf rampage leaving every other physical skilll useless.

We saw the same with Necro. They buffed dhuumfire. Burning too strong, ok lets nerf bleeds to make the damage balance. Buring still too strong, ok, lets nerf some more condis. Burning still too strongs, FINE! lets nerf Dhuumfire. Leaving behind a completely useless condi necro.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”