Please buff axe mace and hammer

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Beating a dead horse here, but if I’m beating it I’m def beating it with a greatsword because it’s the only weapon we use

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Things were better when 2-handed weapons didn’t get 2 upgrade slots…and when I could get 2 charges for on kill sigils if I had 2 of the sigils equipped…..and when I could swap those on kill sigil weapons for different weapons without losing the stacks automatically.

Oh and I don’t think hammer needs much of a buff if anything done to it. I mean merciless hammer is crap we all know that, but it’s not needed either. Hammer works fine as an offhand. As a main it could use a bit of a buff….in which case we just need to make merciless hammer better lol; that would make everyone happy.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Things were better when 2-handed weapons didn’t get 2 upgrade slots…and when I could get 2 charges for on kill sigils if I had 2 of the sigils equipped…..and when I could swap those on kill sigil weapons for different weapons without losing the stacks automatically.

Oh and I don’t think hammer needs much of a buff if anything done to it. I mean merciless hammer is crap we all know that, but it’s not needed either. Hammer works fine as an offhand. As a main it could use a bit of a buff….in which case we just need to make merciless hammer better lol; that would make everyone happy.

Hammer sucks, im happy youre so positive though you cheered me up a bit lol. Between scrapper, Guard and Rev I have to say all of theirs is much better. War Hammer is.. decent, somewhat, or was anyway, in pvp kinda but even now war cant even make it into pvp to use it so thats off the table.

The biggest culprit in my opinion is Mace. Mace is a good weapon that is stuck between power and condi for no reason and isnt great at either one. Axe is good, its just GS little brother for no reason. It should stack might just like GS and things would be different across the board

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Axe is good, its just GS little brother for no reason.

Because GS offers no legitimate burst in PvP, so Axe kinda fills the role.

Hammer is pretty much kittening garbage all around at this point, though. Awful damage on every ability, excruciatingly long cooldowns on everything, everything is incredibly predictable and telegraphed and therefore probably will never even hit in todays blind/block/evade spam nonsense.

Honestly, Hammer is easily one of the worst weapons in the game right now. Combine that with the fact that every warrior weapon is designed to be INTENTIONALLY weak due to Fast Hands and you have a perfect example of why warrior is kittening garbage right now.

And no, ANet won’t address any of this.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Axe is good, its just GS little brother for no reason.

Because GS offers no legitimate burst in PvP, so Axe kinda fills the role.

Hammer is pretty much kittening garbage all around at this point, though. Awful damage on every ability, excruciatingly long cooldowns on everything, everything is incredibly predictable and telegraphed and therefore probably will never even hit in todays blind/block/evade spam nonsense.

Honestly, Hammer is easily one of the worst weapons in the game right now. Combine that with the fact that every warrior weapon is designed to be INTENTIONALLY weak due to Fast Hands and you have a perfect example of why warrior is kittening garbage right now.

And no, ANet won’t address any of this.

I got nothin.

youre spot on

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Personally I was never good with hammer, and with what I run it’s not viable to learn it proper, so I don’t really go by my own experiences. I’ve seen other warriors run GS with Hammer as their offhand in wvsw very successfully. Granted these are very skilled players with full stats and they are rolling out all the stops (food buffs and everything) for ‘just’ pvp fights in ‘wvsw’. The cooldowns are pretty epic so offhand is really the only option. Switch to hammer for the burst and use 1-3 abilities once…go back to gs….when you get adrenaline again switch back to hammer for burst and land some base attacks while u wait for the cooldowns to be over.

If you have evades onhand the hammer attacks are easy to dodge. With frenzy though the game changes. All this stuff is gimmicky at best, but it makes hammer still viable to use….as an offhand, but that’s saying alot more than axe and mace (and mbe sword) got going for them currently. You are stuck with axe/shield or mace/shield.

But ya my rants were based on comparing warrior hammer to other warrior weapons….the divide between warrior hammer and revenant hammer or some other class goes without saying. Oh and I guess i was talking about just pvp gamemodes. Do people use mace and hammer in pve? I haven’t seen hammer warrior in pve since I came back to the game for HoT. Then again I haven’t seen many warrior at all.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bugg.9231

Bugg.9231

I play the warrior pretty religiously and use either gs axe shield or gs hammer. And rampage of course. I still manage to face people. And then they complain were cheese. If you master rotations on your war, you can make someone question why they’re even playing. Gs 3, we swap to hammer f1 then 4, then 5, we swap gs f1 gs 3. And watch the QQ happen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bugg.9231

Bugg.9231

Also always have sigil of energy somewhere.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Axe should stack might just like GS and things would be different across the board

You mean you want Anet to nerf Axe next ?

What you are asking is insane, considering Axe fast auto attacks and the burst would make it OP.

Axe is fine and already a strong weapon for warrior that needs no traiting, GS on the other hand need its traits to function well.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

I think Mace can be good.
Problem is that its more a CC Weapon and Tank Weapon.
In my opinion Mace Skills need a damage buff with weaker Strength scaling as a Tank weapon or better Skilldamage without the Chance for Crits.

Most of the time people switch to Mace/Mace or Mace/Shield for the CC component so i doesnt think that people cry alot when the weapon is more specialized.

GS give you Might like nothing, why not give Mace a base damage like 2k Strength with a lowly 0,1 or 0,2 strength scaling.

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Axe should stack might just like GS and things would be different across the board

You mean you want Anet to nerf Axe next ?

What you are asking is insane, considering Axe fast auto attacks and the burst would make it OP.

Axe is fine and already a strong weapon for warrior that needs no traiting, GS on the other hand need its traits to function well.

It’s not insane at all. The game has changed, every class stacks might on itself so easily, actually easier than war does tbh. Rev rolls around with 12 stacks minimum before the fight even starts. Reaper’s and tempest stack might absurdly fast.

You think Axe stacking might is broken? Besides from evis, axe is much worse than rev sword. Also, primal burst evis is meh.