Please change axe #4

Please change axe #4

in Warrior

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Please change axe #4 into a utility skill of some sort, preferably into a survival booster. I’ve tried out the various weapon combinations and I’ve settled into axe/axe as my favorite. I’m happy with every mechanic of that set except axe #4. I can’t see anyone not having a fury buff from either FGJ or SoR, so the extremely short fury buff gained from using axe #4 is very low on my priority list. We also have plenty of attacks from axe/axe, so the extra attack is of minimal value as well. I think this slot would be much better filled with a group survival utility.

Ideas:
1. a group or self only toughness buff
2. a group or self only heal
3. Add option here…..

Btw….please remove cast times from warrior abilities. I know they are minimal (1/4 seconds, 1/2 seconds, 1 seconds etc) but it does not make any sense to have cast times on melee attacks and abilities. I can even see the animation taking that long on some abilities..but I’m only talking about the actual activation of the abilities themselves. Its really irritating having to stop all other actions except movement to wait on signet of rage to actually apply its buffs.

Please change axe #4

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Have it shred boons IMO.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Please change axe #4

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Just shorten the activation time from 1/2 second to 1/4 second so it does the same (auto attack) damage but twice as fast and gives the same Fury boon or just give it greater range so it can actually hit a few more targets. Note, the character animation actually just hangs at least for 1/4 second anyway.

While we’re at it, do the same for Mace Offhand ‘4’ that gives Vulnerability and reduce it’s activation time as well to something reasonable like a 1/4 second.

Please change axe #4

in Warrior

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

I agree with Artaz, the animation makes it a bit problematic, though I don’t think axe 4 needs any inherent buff or change, I like it the way it is.

It adds that “which weapon do I really want to use” mentality that I think shows true balance.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

Please change axe #4

in Warrior

Posted by: Kierlak.5209

Kierlak.5209

The problem with axe 4, and mace 4 as well, is that it’s not really worth hitting that button. They are too slow for the tiny benefit they give, so they end up just being dead buttons. Having those weapons essentially only have 1 button isn’t good design.