Please stop complaining about warrior nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanse.9472

Vanse.9472

It changes nothing. You’re still going to play warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Please stop complaining about people complaining about warrior.

It changes nothing. We’re still going to complain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Insomnia.5069

Insomnia.5069

Uh, you should say “You’re still going to play Guild Wars 2”, that may be more ironic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mintyfresh.3674

Mintyfresh.3674

If you take the time to notice, it’s actually the same people that keep making threads or commenting about their complaints over and over again. In reality I feel like the majority of the warrior population and this forum are pretty satisfied. I know i am…

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

No i wont but i dont complains about war that much tho..mostly bc i dont care anymore

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

If you take the time to notice, it’s actually the same people that keep making threads or commenting about their complaints over and over again. In reality I feel like the majority of the warrior population and this forum are pretty satisfied. I know i am…

That’s pretty obvious because most of the people who don’t like the class anymore aren’t part of the population anymore. There’s still, however, vocal players that want to improve the class and are upset about it having been neutered to the point where it’s at now. -raises hand-

in Warrior

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Ppl who like warriors should complain about everything that is related to warriors at all times.

Look at the necromancer subforum… half of necros there are in denial and think they are not part of the PvE meta because everyone else is either stupid, elitist or part of some strange conspiracy against magnificent necromancer class. Almost everyone seems to be fine with dull spell rotation of power necro which is pretty much just 1111111 etc.

The other half just resigned and play something else more than their necros. How can they expect any changes without being vocal enough to be heard?

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

The nerfs are fine because other classes are getting toned down just as much.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: AmbrosialK.2653

AmbrosialK.2653

uhhh……. you’re joking right? Please explain to me, how I can repeatedly hit 22k backstabs on my thief with 25 might but a 25 might warrior with banners can only hit a max of 30k hundred blades? CnD+backstab+revealed takes a total of 3½ seconds to cast which is about the same time as a warriors hundred blades but mind you I get to continue auto attacking between my rotation. Also this is above 50% health, so life just gets better below 50% AND warriors hundred blades is a channel so if they have to break that channel, then RIP their dps. You’re also forgetting about staff eles that hit 10k meteor showers and have lava fonts that tick for well above 5k+ a second. Other classes are NOT getting toned down, please educate yourself before you make such a foolish post.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mintyfresh.3674

Mintyfresh.3674

That’s pretty obvious because most of the people who don’t like the class anymore aren’t part of the population anymore. There’s still, however, vocal players that want to improve the class and are upset about it having been neutered to the point where it’s at now. -raises hand-

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the value of vocal people pointing out the faults in the class. Constructive criticism goes a long way to productive improvements. However, all the posts I see from you are just so blatantly negative. If you tried to add a bit of positivity to your posts, i’m sure they would be received better than the doomsday preaching I see every time I open one of your (or another’s) threads. Not that I don’t support your points, warriors have suffered quite a few unnecessary nerfs, but some of them were called for. Just asking for a little more balance in opinions rather than threads on threads titled “warrior is dead” “End of the warrior class” etc…
Don’t take this personally though, it doesn’t apply just to you! Your just one of the people i’ve seen doing this most recently. I’m all for the growth of the warrior community, but all these negative threads are really driving away new players imho.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

uhhh……. you’re joking right? Please explain to me, how I can repeatedly hit 22k backstabs on my thief with 25 might but a 25 might warrior with banners can only hit a max of 30k hundred blades? CnD+backstab+revealed takes a total of 3½ seconds to cast which is about the same time as a warriors hundred blades but mind you I get to continue auto attacking between my rotation. Also this is above 50% health, so life just gets better below 50% AND warriors hundred blades is a channel so if they have to break that channel, then RIP their dps. You’re also forgetting about staff eles that hit 10k meteor showers and have lava fonts that tick for well above 5k+ a second. Other classes are NOT getting toned down, please educate yourself before you make such a foolish post.

Tell me you are talking about pve because those numbers are super unrealistic in pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

You don’t hear me complain often, but don’t mistake silence for satisfaction. I’ve just about stopped playing my Warrior and switched to a Guardian and a condi Ranger. I’m very dissatisfied with the SoR nerf, overdone adrenaline nerf, useless rifle, pigeon-holed bow use, useless minors in tactics tree, etc. I would love to come back to warrior, but not the current version.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Just so you know the idea of this trait Cleansing ire that made warrior viable in PvP

was from the complaints in this forum.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Just so you know the idea of this trait Cleansing ire that made warrior viable in PvP

And forced everyone to wear bow as secondary cus someone wanted to fix this class by traits. For me cleansing ire should be f2. My opinion wont change at this point. We had a lot of nerfs due to cleansing ire.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

And forced everyone to wear bow as secondary cus someone wanted to fix this class by traits. For me cleansing ire should be f2. My opinion wont change at this point. We had a lot of nerfs due to cleansing ire.

People using longbow before cleansing ire because of point based pvp game and aoe burning with utilities and damage
And no, it did not force everyone to wear longbow, it opens up a path for warrior to take in order to be finally viable in PvP after a long time being completely unviable, you wouldnt even see one warrior in 10 matches at that time. sure it was not the perfect solution but nobody came up with something better.

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Oh man is that why I haven’t noticed PvP problems.

Who knew cleansing ire and LB was meta?

I also run celestial. Is that meta too?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

People using longbow before cleansing ire because of point based pvp game and aoe burning with utilities and damage
And no, it did not force everyone to wear longbow, it opens up a path for warrior to take in order to be finally viable in PvP after a long time being completely unviable, you wouldnt even see one warrior in 10 matches at that time. sure it was not the perfect solution but nobody came up with something better.

Actually youre wrong. We had builds that never touched range weapon to begin with – skullcrack build was one of them before they even buffed it as i suggested to make it 3 sec. Another one was gs/axe+shield and so on. Now every build that comes as “meta” has longbow to have a reliable source of condi clean.

We also had a lot of good ideas in the forum but all these people left already as they dont want to bother (i dont either) with this crap anymore and people in this forum. Look around. Its by far the most toxic section in this forum.

When ppl asked to rework hb to make it mobile answers always been like;

-Hb is fine l2p.
-No hb would be op if it was mobile
-Its high risk high reward skill, if you dont like it and you dont want to carry offset to support it they change weapon as gs might not be for you.

And so on..

Really have fun with people like that. Were down to the point where you can channel hb and ppl will do /laugh in your face as they not olny can facetank it, they can even outdps you during that time. Yet guardian with MOBILE whirl melding ppl in seconds. I wont blame devs at this point. Whole warrior community has to be blamed as its your fault for the current state of warrior.. So at some point OP is right actually.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Actually youre wrong. We had builds that never touched range weapon to begin with – skullcrack build was one of them before they even buffed it as i suggested to make it 3 sec. Another one was gs/axe+shield and so on. Now every build that comes as “meta” has longbow to have a reliable source of condi clean.

We also had a lot of good ideas in the forum but all these people left already as they dont want to bother (i dont either) with this crap anymore and people in this forum. Look around. Its by far the most toxic section in this forum.

When ppl asked to rework hb to make it mobile answers always been like;

-Hb is fine l2p.
-No hb would be op if it was mobile
-Its high risk high reward skill, if you dont like it and you dont want to carry offset to support it they change weapon as gs might not be for you.

And so on..

Really have fun with people like that. Were down to the point where you can channel hb and ppl will do /laugh in your face as they not olny can facetank it, they can even outdps you during that time. Yet guardian with MOBILE whirl melding ppl in seconds. I wont blame devs at this point. Whole warrior community has to be blamed as its your fault for the current state of warrior.. So at some point OP is right actually.

No, i’m not wrong, people started to use more gs/lb then gs/axe before cleansing ire ever existed.
and you still can’t deny the fact that cleansing ire made free kill un viable warrior viable again.

so i really don’t see your arguments against me nor the reason behind it.

also off topic to greatsword side: it’s not like making HB mobile will make warrior any more viable without cleansing ire.
and i wouldn’t say making HB mobile a great suggestion as a long time gs fan.

if you really want to play, get an offhand axe it’s basically the same thing except it can move.

what i would really suggest to GS is having proper boon hate/removal mechanics.
one of the main reason people can facetank it other then warrior itself is protection.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Yeah it was called diversity. Now what? Hambow, shoutbow, kittenbow, f..u..bow. Anything else has no place in spvp in current state if you want to be competitive.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Yeah it was called diversity. Now what? Hambow, shoutbow, kittenbow, f..u..bow. Anything else has no place in spvp in current state if you want to be competitive.

before without cleansing ire, you wouldn’t even exist.
let alone talking about diversity.
and cleansing ire is only one of the reason why long bow is so good in a point based game.
like i said people started to use longbow+melee weapon before cleansing ire even existed.

Yeah it was called diversity
you aren’t even viable before, how can you talk about diversity when there’s only free kills.

yes you said Anything else has no place in spvp in current state if you want to be competitive at least it’s only one set of weapon to be viable compare to be not viable at all. it’s like sb for thief and staff for necro.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

So you can’t deny the fact that cleansing ire saved warrior.

so if you have any good suggestion that would free warrior from this set up

just like how cleansing ire saved warrior from being completely unviable

go ahead, post it, there’s no point of continue arguing in this subjet

in Warrior

Brahmincorle.1264

before without cleansing ire, you wouldn’t even exist.
let alone talking about diversity.
and cleansing ire is only one of the reason why long bow is so good in a point based game.
like i said people started to use longbow+melee weapon before cleansing ire even existed.

Yeah it was called diversity
you aren’t even viable before, how can you talk about diversity when there’s only free kills.

yes you said Anything else has no place in spvp in current state if you want to be competitive at least it’s only one set of weapon to be viable compare to be not viable at all. it’s like sb for thief and staff for necro.

10 more or less equally bad builds are better than 2 good viable builds for some ppl. I don’t get this. It doesn’t make any sense to me but live and let live.

Every nerf that is not balanced out by buffing weak spots elsewhere is bad.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Except one thing..War would be fine if his sustain was buffed back then – that was the main issue with warrior. Cleansing ire arrived shorty after massive buffs to condi which created condi meta. War job at that time was to counter all the cheese necros and engis running around. Now warrior is down to being a condi cleansing bot in pvp, and banner bot in pve. Wonderful class id say.. Cleansing ire needs a buff to free us from longbow if it cant be made as class mechanic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

People who make all these assertions should actually try different builds out in different areas.

in Warrior

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

It would be awesome, if they just split these nerfs from pve/pvp… Now, it’s silly to have more than one warrior in a party, and we bring him pretty much for the banners to boost group dps.

I don’t pvp, really, so… and if I do it’s not with the warrior. They’re just easy kills on my mes, thief, or ranger.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

I’m more disappointed than whiny over the current situation. However, I’ve made the most of it. The real problem here is that people are scrambling HARD to find a warrior meta build that measures up to everything pre-April 2014, and they’re failing.

I find it funny, though, because if you dare wander out of a meta build, then everyone criticizes you. Even though warrior meta is garbage now and means nothing.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Lol, wrong.

I put my warriors on the shelf while I play other classes because of how bad they are.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Leon Heart XIII.4609

Leon Heart XIII.4609

Nope, put my warrior in the closet to never see the light of day until anet fixes this broken class.

in Warrior

Brahmincorle.1264

Nope, put my warrior in the closet to never see the light of day until anet fixes this broken class.

My necro is in the closet for almost 2 years

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Actually, besides PvP – no, I’m not. ANet also has this wonderful metric of how many Warriors are played (changes since September) and how it correlates to players leaving/not engaging…

Simply put, Anet killed the class mechanic, Adrenaline.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Warrior

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

If you DO NOT have a warrior / role a warrior please do not tell people to stop complaining about nerfs as you have ZERO right to talk about a profession that you do not know anything about.

With that being said, the warrior prof has been nerfed way too many times for my tastes which i think is due to people complaning how op a warrior was. I really wish anet would just leave us alone but give us back our dps and mess with other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

if those people wanted to improve the class, they wouldn’t have complained about losing adrenaline when they missed. farbeit from anet to make that concept a bit more realistic. nor would those people complain when warrior is brought up to the skill level required of the other 7 classes. you have the easiest class to play in the game and should never be complaining period.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Classes shouldn’t be balanced around whether they’re easy to play or hard to play. If a skilled warrior can’t do what a skilled elementalist can do then either the ele needs to be toned down, or the warrior needs to be brought up. Period.

And warrior is hardly the easiest class to play. Every single class is easy to play in pve, and Rangers in pvp are by far the most braindead class at low levels of play. Spam rapid fire at 1500 range. Win.

And almost every class has a brain dead build that requires no skill to play. It just so happens that warriors are so pigeonholed into what build to use that their most braindead specs are the ones in the current meta. Playing a zerker warrior in pvp, for instance..Is much, much tougher than probably any other class. Zerker theifs can spam evades, ports and blind spam. Guardians can spam aegis, invulnerabilities, blocks, and missile deflection. Mesmers can spam illusions a backwards port on a short cooldown, and plenty invis to go around. Ele’s have massive aoe attacks that can wreck an entire team on point if left unchecked and a lot of utility with their attunement skills. Rangers have massive range couple with huge single target ranged damage and a knockback on a short cooldown…which is quite frankly all they need in low levels of play. Necros have…lich form. And don’t even get me started with the amount of ridiculousness that Engineers have.

Meanwhile, a zerker warrior needs to stay in melee range to fight and dodge every burst or pop 4second endure pain…or die.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

An isolated berserker warrior nowadays has worse DPS than what a warrior with no armor had a year ago.

#JustArenanetThings

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Might as well make Warriors pets, we’ll just tag along and buff our Overlords!

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

That’s the problem in and of itself! The fact that a MELEE ClASS needs to shoot from range to be competitive is a paradox of fail!

That would be like Elementalists needing to run in and melee to be useful!

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

Fully geared Warriors with cookie cutter builds and a great team are happy yes! The rest of us are fodder…