Power based Warriors in WvW?

in Warrior

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Hello all, ol’ Warrior main here. Been my main since I started this game at launch, and always loved it, even to this day. My only gripe is it seems Power based builds seem to be losing their niche in WvW, due to the amount of conditions being spammed that directly inhibit our main hits.

Case in point being Necromancers being able to drop that well on us, and hit us up with so much chill, getting out quickly becomes one hell of a hassle (At least for me, since by this time my movement skills are either used up, or the necro will straight out play me and keep me in that well)

Another one seems to be Thieves, and to a lesser extent Mesmers with the condition spamming that shuts me down.

Has anyone had any luck as a power based warrior in WvW nowadays? If so, I’d love to see any builds you can throw in here to help an old main on his way back to eviscerating the competition. (Maybe pun intended)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It can be rough, but a traited Berserker Stance gives you 10s of invuln from condi application, and then you can use your Healing Signet active to ignore any condis that do get applied.

That gives you at least 16s to kill them before your defenses are gone.

I find it’s often enough to kill necros in wvw, though Reaper form just before death can make that tough, basically forcing you to get away from them before your defenses wear off.

Condi thieves/daredvils and mesmers can be rough on a power warrior, mostly because they can avoid you for the entire duration of Berserker Stance, and then kill you. Of course, condi mesmers were a thing before HoT.

If you meant any thief, including power-based thieves, I usually wreck them pretty hard as a power warrior. Mesmers can be trickier than thieves, with it mostly coming down to whether they know how to bait out your defenses while avoiding your big hits.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

What Choppy said plus use “Brawler’s recovery” that 2 condi clear every 10s .

if you need more u can use Sigil of cleansing for 3 condi clear every 10s.

in Warrior

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Second question. Would a power based build involving a torch be a doable idea? I like the abilities on the Torch, but I don’t know if it’ll be viable to run zerker/marauder stats instead of carrion/viper stats with it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Torch 4 hit’s hard even with power, and the fire field is solid.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Second question. Would a power based build involving a torch be a doable idea? I like the abilities on the Torch, but I don’t know if it’ll be viable to run zerker/marauder stats instead of carrion/viper stats with it.

Doable? Maybe… but you have much better options in wvw, imo. But go with what you enjoy and try it out. If you find the results fun enough to outweigh the limitations, stick with it.

Be sure to use Blaze Breaker on your enemy when they’re moving away from you so you can get more of those hits in, and good luck.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Pretty much what choppy said, there’s still enough baddies where whatever you run will work, but if it’s fun, do it, don’t forget it’s a game, that’s the whole point.

That’s why I run power p/d on my thief.