Powerful Banners

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Powerful Banners
“Banners do damage when summoned.”
Damage: ???

is too weak, no one ever takes this useless trait.
i propose to buff it.

Powerful Banners
“All banner environmental weapon skills damage foes when activated. Reduces recharge on Banner environmental weapon skills.”
Damage: 0.3 x Power x Weapon Strength / Armor
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 180
Recharge reduced: 20%

discuss!

8 april 2015 update:
thanks for the feedback everyone!
i now append here a revised version based on the feedback!

Powerful Banners
“Banners do damage to nearby enemies over time.”
Interval: 3 s

discuss!

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

What about a small AoE that damages foes in the area? Perhaps have it pulse at the same rate that the banner buff reapplies itself. As for how much it would do idk, it would require play testing.

Although I do like the idea of actually having a reason to use the banner skills, maybe keep the CD reduction? Not sure if that’s too much for a minor trait.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I’m not sure that a CD reduction would be all that great either. Also how would CD reductions work on bundles that anyone can use? I would imagine that the CD reduction wouldn’t transfer if someone else picked up your banner.

Perhaps have it remove Cripple, Chill, Immobilize, and perhaps Weakness on summon and Plant Standard. Plant Standard CD would have to be increased of course (probably doubled). Also maybe bumped to Master if deemed too strong for Adept. Mending could easily be rolled into Physical Training (with damage boost removed) and that brought down to Adept.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

You’re right about the CD reduction, I didn’t consider that certain combos would become too strong and that it may not even be technically possible.

Just an angry old man…

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Haha, what if Powerful Banners changed the banner skills to be stronger. Make the boon skills have longer duration boons and the attack skills longer range and more damage. Or make the buff skills deal damage to foes and the attack skills apply conditions.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

In general I would love to see banners have a purpose outside of PvE. I know there are a few builds for PvP but if you’re running with an orgaized guild in WvW and using frontline builds you never see them used.

Maybe increase the number of targets the buff hits, from 5 to 10. You would see a dedicated banner warrior in lots of groups that way.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes
a change for this is definitly needed

i dont care if they make it a pulsing small aoe damage… or increase to banner stats or whatever

but in its current state it feels like the most useless warrior trait existing ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Now THAT is a trait that needs real help.

I think that trait should just make banner auto-attacks deal 20%-30% more damage or something if they don’t have an innovative fix for it any time soon.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Huggybear.9237

Huggybear.9237

Banner warrior in WvW will get no bags. AA is slow, range is short, and damage is laughable. Switching to better weapons will drop the banner and in a WvW clash, movement is a contant. So what’s the point in Banner Warrior?

A token damage is enough to let Warriors make a full support Banner Shout Warrior. Changing Banner AA to AOE when Powerful Banner is active can change this.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

What about a small AoE that damages foes in the area? Perhaps have it pulse at the same rate that the banner buff reapplies itself. As for how much it would do idk, it would require play testing.

Although I do like the idea of actually having a reason to use the banner skills, maybe keep the CD reduction? Not sure if that’s too much for a minor trait.

I like this.

maybe having the banner form AoE pulse damage like Necro well skill, which deals damage or conditions pulsing through the entire duration but of course should be weaker than Necro wells due to banners high duration time.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

8 april 2015 update:

Powerful Banners

discuss!

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

8 april 2015 update:

Powerful Banners

discuss!

I like it, but pardon me for saying that it just seems a bit weird that a stick can magically damage you while standing near it. I know, it is a fantasy game, but it does not seem to suit warrior image.

Why not have a small earthquake indicate the area in which the damage is being done? Something like the earthshaker animation. That way, it has a tell, and it looks cool.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

8 april 2015 update:

Powerful Banners

discuss!

I can’t comment on the damage but the radius and interval seem fair. The question is, will this be allowed to crit or not?

Just an angry old man…

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Huggybear.9237

Huggybear.9237

Even if it does not crit, i will still use it. Banner Warrior builds in WvW have no realistic damage capability so no they get no bags and no exp. With this change, the bags and exp will be the same as if you had a weapon on.

Powerful Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Something like that would more than likely lead to the banner becoming targetable.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.