Propose your weapon skill buffs here

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So warrior is in a bad spot. I doubt anyone can reasonably refute that. Instead of qq’ing all over the place, lets try to come up with some good changes that would help warrior out of this muck, which will be summarily ignored. Here goes:

Axe #4 – Evade 300 units forward for 1 second
Axe #5 – Reflects projectiles
Mace #3 – Longer daze + 3 targets
Mace #4 – Channeled attack that stacks vuln 3 times
Mace #5 – Reduce cd by 5 seconds
Hammer #5 – Reduce cd by 10 seconds
Longbow #2 – Knocks back 180 units
Sword #3 – Reduce cd by 5 seconds
Warhorn #5 – Reduce cd by 5 seconds

What do you guys think? Have better ideas? Post them! Theorycraft! Do something!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

“Instead of qq’ing all over the place”

Thats the thing,people Have been suggesting and suggesting and suggesting for ages…Anet does not listen,it’s pointless…Im not even gonna bother anymore,neither should you.They think they know it best,they get proven wrong everytime.Theorycrafting is pointless aswell when nothing comes out of it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

I think they need to nerf GS. So other weapons wouldn’t be so bad on its Back ground.

You can consider it as a buff to all other weapons.

(edited by Arcade.8901)

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Simply nerfing GS would work if Warriors were the only playable class in this game…

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I think they need to nerf GS. So other weapons wouldn’t be so bad on its Back ground.

Greatsword as a weapon isn’t so overpowered. Hundred Blades is a self-root, which leaves the warrior vulnerable, and in most PvP play, easy to dodge. High damage is the reward. Otherwise, it has decent mobility, if the whee-evade on whirlwind on a fleeing warrior means anything.

The “problem” with Greatsword is that its traits are too good, and thus required to be competitive with other classes. Forceful Greatsword and Phalanx Strength need redesigns to shift power/support to other weapons. Pull Might on crit from Forceful Greatsword, put it on Phalanx Strength. (If no internal cooldown, we’ll end up seeing a lot of whirlwindy off-hand axe users, but ICD will make QQ.)

A lot of warrior skills mostly need cooldown buffs.
Hammer 4 should either commit to bigger knockback (for PvP point defense) or eschew knockback for knockdown (for PvE). Or trade out knockback for Daze (1.5 sec). Adding a projectile block to Hammer 4 or Hammer 3 would give it more defensive utility.
In light of Revenant hammer’s severely OP nature, we’ve got cause to ask for a 15 sec, high damage, single target knockdown, 3+ seconds.

Greatsword
Much faster projectile on GS4.
Convert evade to Block on GS3. (You’ll see me advocating Block over Evade for warriors for possible synergy with Shield Master, and no traits synergize with Evade.)
At the risk of being OP, give Protection during GS2.

Longbow
Piercing is baseline.
Pin Down cooldown dropped to 15 sec.

Rifle
Piercing is baseline. Better damage. Swap Rifle Butt for a ranged knockback.

Axe
Better auto damage. Longer vuln duration on Axe 2.

Mace
(I’ll leave that to someone else. :P)

Sword
Auto: Additional bleed stack on first swing. Torment on second instead of bleed.

I could probably recommend more, but it’s really the traits for warrior that are holding us back. For weapons, I could mostly recommend more appropriate cooldowns and having warrior be the class that just spams lower-power but more frequent skills.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Arcade.8901

Greatsword as a weapon isn’t so overpowered. Hundred Blades is a self-root, which leaves the warrior vulnerable, and in most PvP play, easy to dodge. High damage is the reward. Otherwise, it has decent mobility, if the whee-evade on whirlwind on a fleeing warrior means anything.

The “problem” with Greatsword is that its traits are too good, and thus required to be competitive with other classes. Forceful Greatsword and Phalanx Strength need redesigns to shift power/support to other weapons. Pull Might on crit from Forceful Greatsword, put it on Phalanx Strength. (If no internal cooldown, we’ll end up seeing a lot of whirlwindy off-hand axe users, but ICD will make QQ.)

Totally Agree, they need to redesign Phalanx and add it to Defense Tree instead of Thick Skin, and then Redesign FG might on Critical, and move it to Strength Grand master trait line, so you ll be forced to choose what you want 30 % damage for yourself or 6 sec on might with ICD.

Plus to that i think Warriors Flaming Flurry should be nerfed, because it’s just unfair that Warriors now can be so OP with burning, why Warrior is able to pull out so much of kitten burning, compared to Ele, or Burn guardian, it’s just stupidly broken, need to reduce amount of Burning it applies. 4 would be nice i guess. Not a single skill in the game should apply 8 stacks of burning.

Gunflame is too strong need to be nerfed, to make other weapon choices viable.

Axe auto attack chain should be nerfed to be honest, because it’s kittenly OP right now, it just ruins everything, this auto attack have the highest DPS among all warrior weapons skills.

That will open alot of possible choices for warrior, for example, Bow/Rifle, Mace/Axe.

And THEN i ll open a salt mine for you kitten PVErs.

(edited by Arcade.8901)

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

GS #5: faster rush

A rush that can actually connect to a target would be a good start..3 years ago.
I still find myself running into random directions completely missing my foe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

“Instead of qq’ing all over the place”

Thats the thing,people Have been suggesting and suggesting and suggesting for ages…Anet does not listen,it’s pointless…Im not even gonna bother anymore,neither should you.They think they know it best,they get proven wrong everytime.Theorycrafting is pointless aswell when nothing comes out of it.

The point of theorycrafting is to not live in the past. Are you saying you would rather be hopeless and not look forward to anything, no matter how much of a longshot it is? If it doesnt happen, then oh well, big deal, life goes on, at least there was something to be excited about during the wait.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: SpookyPoo.8135

SpookyPoo.8135

Remove all weapon-specificities from the Traits, and cut all weapon-CD’s by 20% give or take.

ie “Sundering Mace” becomes just “Sundering” – all weapons can inflict vulnerability under the given conditions
“Merciless Hammer” becomes “Merciless” – all weapons get a damage boost to stunned/dazed targets

etc.

Some of the specific weapon trait effects could be incorporated into weaker weapon skills or made baseline across all eg Piercing Rifles, Ferocious Axes, Burning Longbows.

That would leave several open spots in traitlines, for traits that actually offer utility rather than simply make a weapon set viable.

There you go – a Master of Weapons, and one who isn’t so pigeonholed into set traitlines.

Oh, and for the love of the Six Gods revert the adrenaline nerfs please!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

People have been pleading for those changes you and others have listed over and over again on the warrior forums as well as the PvP forums and on Youtube/Twitch commentaries. The fact that its been ignored (just like this post will be) is the reason you see the QQ.

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

-10 to 20% on all warrior cooldowns.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Warrior

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Totally Agree, they need to redesign Phalanx and add it to Defense Tree instead of Thick Skin, and then Redesign FG might on Critical, and move it to Strength Grand master trait line, so you ll be forced to choose what you want 30 % damage for yourself or 6 sec on might with ICD.

Plus to that i think Warriors Flaming Flurry should be nerfed, because it’s just unfair that Warriors now can be so OP with burning, why Warrior is able to pull out so much of kitten burning, compared to Ele, or Burn guardian, it’s just stupidly broken, need to reduce amount of Burning it applies. 4 would be nice i guess. Not a single skill in the game should apply 8 stacks of burning.

Gunflame is too strong need to be nerfed, to make other weapon choices viable.

Axe auto attack chain should be nerfed to be honest, because it’s kittenly OP right now, it just ruins everything, this auto attack have the highest DPS among all warrior weapons skills.

That will open alot of possible choices for warrior, for example, Bow/Rifle, Mace/Axe.

And THEN i ll open a salt mine for you kitten PVErs.

Ya man NERF EVERYTHING that is left in a warrior’s kitten nal. Make all attacks deal atmost 1 dmg per hit and give warriors permanent slowness/blind so that the attacks never hit.

GS is the go-to weapon in PvE (the only mode where the warriors can be a part of currently). How about buffing the other weapons’ traits instead of nerfing GS?

Adding ICD to Forceful Greatsword will kill the warrior’s ability to stack might, the only thing they were useful for in PvE.

/EDIT: Apparently, a—r—s—e—n—a—l is getting changed to kittenal Lmao. GG

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Honestly I can’t even bother typing down my proposals. There would be too many… At this point warrior weapon skills compared to other skills that other classes got with their specs, are so outdated, I won’t even start. I mean, If Anet can’t take a look at those things and compare warrior skills to the ones they just added into the game, and if they can’t see a problem there, no matter what my proposals here are, things will never get any better anyway…

in Warrior

Rauderi.8706

unfounded qq

GS is the go-to weapon in PvE (the only mode where the warriors can be a part of currently). How about buffing the other weapons’ traits instead of nerfing GS?

Adding ICD to Forceful Greatsword will kill the warrior’s ability to stack might, the only thing they were useful for in PvE.

I realize there’s the “We need to buff all other weapons” notion. It’s in another thread. GS/PS is pretty strong, yes, and it’s warrior’s only notable build choice that isn’t Berserker/Gunflame/Shoutbow. Therefore, cling to its brokenness.

Rather, if all weapons to generate Might by moving Might-on-crit to Phalanx Strength, it opens up damage and support for them. Why, a hammer in a group could do something audacious like damage! no wai.
Or, whirlly-axe could stack, like, 15+ might for his whole party and..
Now we see why no-ICD is broken. Normalizing gains would keep one weapon from being too clearly overpowered.

So, keep a (very simple omgstopcomplaingabout one second) ICD, make it 2 stacks of Might and increase the duration to 8-10 seconds. That’d probably make Phalanx Strength overpowered, but it’s a step in the right direction for damage and support.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Rauderi.8706

>.>
It’d be a start. Between weapon skills, shouts, stances, banners, physical skills.. all have overly long cooldowns compared to the state of elite specs and even some baseline skills.

I figure if we have to be stuck with basic-puppy skills, let us spam the crap out of them with short cooldowns.

Many alts; handle it!

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

What’s the point of suggestions? It’s obvious at this point that Anet isn’t listening and has little to no intention of fixing the class.

Just reroll or stop playing.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

>.>
It’d be a start. Between weapon skills, shouts, stances, banners, physical skills.. all have overly long cooldowns compared to the state of elite specs and even some baseline skills.

I figure if we have to be stuck with basic-puppy skills, let us spam the crap out of them with short cooldowns.

More GS 3, sword 2 evade, more mobility( Would put us at least equal to the rest). More block, more stance. I think warrior would become very cool and fast paced. I think with a bit of tweaks it could be a quick fix to warriors.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

So while most weapons are bad and unviable let’s nerf the one that is actually decent. That way all weapons are equally bad – great plan!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I disagree with the GS #3 becoming a block – an evade is much more useful in my opinion since blocks can still benefit the opponent – and in some situations blocks can be broken through.

I also disagree with the ideas that want to nerf GS and PS – Warrior is weak in both PVE and this combo is the only think that makes warrior viable in PvE.

If you really want something – why not add might generating traits to other weapons and trait lines?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

NiloyBardhan.9170

unfounded qq

I realize there’s the “We need to buff all other weapons” notion. It’s in another thread. GS/PS is pretty strong, yes, and it’s warrior’s only notable build choice that isn’t Berserker/Gunflame/Shoutbow. Therefore, cling to its brokenness.

Rather, if all weapons to generate Might by moving Might-on-crit to Phalanx Strength, it opens up damage and support for them. Why, a hammer in a group could do something audacious like damage! no wai.
Now we see why no-ICD is broken. Normalizing gains would keep one weapon from being too clearly overpowered.

So, keep a (very simple omgstopcomplaingabout one second) ICD, make it 2 stacks of Might and increase the duration to 8-10 seconds. That’d probably make Phalanx Strength overpowered, but it’s a step in the right direction for damage and support.

I don’t run tactics in open world PvE or when doing solo content, so moving the might on crit from the GS to PS (despite the all weapons change) would hurt all solo players who run pure DPS builds (str/arms/disc or zerker)

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in Warrior

NiloyBardhan.9170

I disagree with the GS #3 becoming a block – an evade is much more useful in my opinion since blocks can still benefit the opponent – and in some situations blocks can be broken through.

I also disagree with the ideas that want to nerf GS and PS – Warrior is weak in both PVE and this combo is the only think that makes warrior viable in PvE.

If you really want something – why not add might generating traits to other weapons and trait lines?

Same here.
Evade is equivalent to being invulnerable for the duration whereas blocking is not. Given how many unlockable skills are there, it will be HUFE nerf to GS #3.

in Warrior

Arcade.8901

unfounded qq

HoHo and now the cool part, you take Sword/Torch on swap !? Sword/Axe.

Now what it’s going to be warriors take and whirl in their fire field while stacking might and applying burning, then swapping to sword and flurry the kitten out tons of burning, or don’t swap or swap w.e.

And necro forum start to hit in convulsions, their minds freezes and begs for reload. And then, tears are everywhere with words. “Bhuuhuuu warriors, why they ARE so cool with their condissss we a condi goads, and they soooo usful they stacking might for paty TOP DEPESSS Warrior stacking back no cof p1 10 k achivement plzz. Pls anet plsssss nerferinini.”

And then arena net think, and goes like “What the actual hell we did?!?! Nerfbat”.

And they nerf Strength Defense and Discipline, because why the hell not, and pvp players sit there and mine salt with 0 gain from buffs of Phalanx.

in Warrior

Rauderi.8706

I don’t run tactics in open world PvE or when doing solo content, so moving the might on crit from the GS to PS (despite the all weapons change) would hurt all solo players who run pure DPS builds (str/arms/disc or zerker)

A fine enough point. Greatsword would need something to make up for it. 150-300 Power from Might (which is kind of generous, even with Hundred Blades) would make up a 10%ish boost, though likely much less since carrying around Power gear in every slot would be a thing. Probably more like 5%ish. So, it’d be a minor task to roll that kind of bonus into something conditional while wielding the weapon.

Many alts; handle it!

in Warrior

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

Greatsword

• Increased radius of Burst skill.
  • GS1 hits 5 targets in cleave.
  • GS2 allows movement and turning at -80% speed, making it a crawl.
  • GS3 increased range (as far as FGS’s whirl) if the key is held, but otherwise tapping it (like how everyone uses it) goes as far as the original duration. Cleanses cripple, chilled, immob.
  • GS4 The returning hit pulls enemies toward you.
  • GS5 Doubled the speed. Stuns for 1 second.

Rifle

• Rifle Burst can be used while moving. Damage is increased on targets from the side or behind. Does increased damage to downed enemies.
  • Rifle 1 has 1% more critical hit rate for every Vulnerability stack on the target.
  • Rifle 2 hitting a crippled enemy knocks it down for 1 second.
  • Rifle 3 has Rapid Fire speed. Reduced damage but much lower cooldown.
  • Rifle 4 refreshes all stacks of vulnerability on the target to match Rifle 4’s duration if they are less.
  • Rifle 5 a new subability is enabled for 3 seconds upon successfully hitting a target. The new skill is a shot that applies cripple and blind for 5 seconds.

Hammer

• Hammer Burst destroys an amount of Stability depending on adrenaline level. Level 1 destroys 1, Level 2 destroys 3, Level 3 destroys 5. Thus to shake off a stun from level 3 Burst requires 6 Stability.
  • Hammer 1 last hit destroys 1 Stability.
  • Hammer 2 also applies Vulnerability.
  • Hammer 3 does increased damage to enemies without Stability.
  • Hammer 4 Weakened enemies are stunned for 1 second after getting knocked back.
  • Hammer 5 damage is increased for every condition on the target. Hits 3 targets.

Longbow

• Longbow Burst applies 0.5 second Reveal on the first tick of damage.
  • Longbow 1 shoots 3 arrows, but all onto different targets. 1 arrow always hits the targetted enemy with the 2nd arrow prioritizing the target if there are 2 targets. If there is only 1 valid target available, all 3 arrows will hit the target.
  • Longbow 2 applies a short duration fire field trail on each arrow, burning targets who stand on it.
  • Longbow 3 is now 3 smaller bombs with 1/3 the damage. Triggers blast 3 times.
  • Longbow 4 does 4x damage on burning foes.
  • Longbow 5 shoots 2 arrows that bleed and immobilize with a tiny bit less duration with the second arrow seeking out another target.. If only 1 target is available, both arrows will hit the target.

Sword

• Sword Burst on targets below 50% take double the immobilize and bleed.
  • Sword 1 applies torment on final hit. Consecutive sword 1 hits increases the speed of the next hit, stacking 5% for until 25% attack speed. Removed if you haven’t hit anything for 2 seconds.
  • Sword 2 reduces cooldown in half if the hit connects on a target.
  • Sword 3 consumes 3 stacks of Bleed and Torment on the target, immediately triggering all the damage it would have applied in its duration.
  • Sword 4 ripping the sword out blinds for 3 seconds.
  • Sword 5 blocking an attack gives you a subability that is basically what we have now, allow you to use it yourself within 3 seconds of blocking. Hitting with the subability refreshes Sword 4.

Mace

• Mace Burst is now an unreflectable ground crack, similar to Rev Hammer 2 (not as big a range). Hits and stuns up to 3 targets in a small area in front of you.
  • Mace 1 last hit applies 1 extra adrenaline. Last hit also applies 1 stack of confusion if the target already has confusion on them.
  • Mace 2 if timed out, refreshes all mace skills by 2 seconds.
  • Mace 3 hits 3 targets in a narrow line in front of you. Applies Confusion. Also becomes a 2 second stun if the target is already dazed.
  • Mace 4 hitting a target that is stunned/cc’d doubles the duration of vulnerability.
  • Mace 5 the hit up close is a 3 second knockdown instead of 2.

Axe

• Axe Burst increases the range of the leap depending on how much adrenaline you have.
  • Axe 1 first part hit hits 1 target. Second part hits 3 targets. Final part hits 5 targets.
  • Axe 2 cleanses 1 condition. (weird, but think of it “spinning” kitten off of you)
  • Axe 3 refreshes its cooldown on successful hit.
  • Axe 4 gives 3 seconds of quickness.
  • Axe 5 applies Resistance and Super Speed for the entire duration (think of LS2 Caithes uber spin skill). Reflects projectiles.

Shield

• Shield 4 now requires a target to use. Has increased range. Enemies between you and the target are knocked back outwards 300 units. (Zerg Breaker!)
  • Shield 5 reflects projectiles baseline. Applies stacking toughness buff for every hit blocked.

Warhorn

• Warhorn 4 breaks stun on affected allies (but not you). Applying this to allies without any movement conditions to clear (Cripple, Chill, Immobilize) will also get 5 seconds of Super Speed.
  • Warhorn 5 is now unblockable and undodgeable (try and dodge SOUND you fools). Along with weakness, also applies slow.