Protection for Warriors.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Can we please borrow Daecollo for the mesmer forums? Judged by the amount of buffs warriors received, maybe the devs will then finally hear us :>

/edit:

Protection for warriors would be balanced because they have to be in melee.

Please, stop…Guardians have to be in melee, even scepter is better in melee range. You want Warriors to be guardians with double hp and more damage. Please go play a guardian, then.

Not what I asked, Guardians have much better group support/healing traits and better overall traits.

I am just asking to be able to survive a melee encounter.

Don’t take suggestions and make them overblown, I actually take time to list things when I make them.

Its quite sad when a Guardian’s ‘5’ trait is better then a Warrior’s Grandmaster Trait.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

You CAN survive a melee encounter. Has it ever occured to you that you may just be a bad player?

/edit: Just in case you don’t know: “Melee encounter” doesn’t mean that you just stand there trading blows and hope to be the last one standing.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

You CAN survive a melee encounter. Has it ever occured to you that you may just be a bad player?

You must not play SPVP.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’m actually sure that warriors are viable for PvP. The thing is: They don’t bring anything unique that justifies taking them over other classes. If necros aren’t going to get nerfed i can think of CC spam warriors being brought to counter them.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I’m actually sure that warriors are viable for PvP. The thing is: They don’t bring anything unique that justifies taking them over other classes. If necros aren’t going to get nerfed i can think of CC spam warriors being brought to counter them.

If they could survive and bunker they could atleast move around the map and hold a point.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sixpool.9421

Sixpool.9421

Warriors don’t need protection. Arenanet needs to nerf protection, the boon. Protection is currently so powerful warriors suffer for not having any real access to it. Make it max out at 33% damage reduction instead of pushing classes up into crazy numbers.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Guys, Warriors really need Protection from Daecollo

Reduces Daecollos font size by 33%, and deletes 33% of all Daecollo threads

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I think protection should be nerfed, toughness buffed. This way we will be finally able to see a difference between light and heavy armors.

Behind that protection doesnt not fit warrior, and personally i would like to see greater access to weakness on every weapons set, burst skills alone should cause it

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Warriors need a trait on-par with other classes for boons. I believe the quotes: “We want the Warrior to have a sturdy body.” come to mind when I think of this traits. I will make my traits to be in line to what other classes have and get. Currently the warrior is unable to bunker due to the fact it does not have any access to protection, this is a problem. Either they need to nerf it, buff toughness, or give it to us in heavy access so we have sustain on-par with other classes, we don’t have any tricks, just are tough.

Thick Skin
Gain 5 seconds of protection when you deliver a critical hit. This effect can only trigger once every 10 seconds.

Spiked Armor
Gain 5 seconds of retaliation and protection when struck by a critical hit. Cannot trigger more than once every 15 seconds.

Healing Surge
Healing: 9,820 (1.50)?
Protection: 4 s
Adrenaline: 30

This would give us the sustain we need, while making one of our heals (the one we start with.) unique instead of having so many unneeded draw backs.

After you do this change, the classes base health should be lowered to: 15,082. Its stupid that vitality means 2-3x more to one class then another.

Again, as I have stated before, these ideas are just crazy.

5 seconds of protection on a 10 sec CD is just stupid OP, especially if you add in boon duration on that… you’d have like 100% uptime.

Adding protection to Healing Surge is just crazy.

Here’s my take: If you are going to add protection, it needs to be on a grandmaster trait, and it needs to be in the Defense line. Tie it to shield master and have it give 3 seconds of protection on completion of shield skill, OR spiked retaliation (3 second per 30 sec CD) and keep it at that. I do think that selectively having it in the Defense Trait line makes sense for people that want to play sword and board warriors. There is no way that it should be in any other trait line.

I could actually see it on the Healing Signet active (protection for 3 second), but only because the direct heal is worthless and not worth triggering EVER right now. Maybe people would use the active if it could be used to prevent spike damage, but HS is powerful now, so it would be hard to justify.

(edited by petespri.6548)

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look this isn’t going to happen. New stun build, healing buff, and the fact it is un needed in PvE means it is not going to happen. Stop asking for it. Recognize that things have changed and move on.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Blah blah blah,… What is this with thieves having acces to protection?
By boon stealing? That requires the profession to have it on.. Well with warriors getting it that would give them more oppotunities…
But that is a strange arguement to use imho.. Why not just team up with a shout guardian? Boooom there you go.. You now got protection while hitting harder than the guardian, having better mobility and even more health… And he will even get rid of a lot of your conditions…

Team play dude… Team play not can you please lend some of the vitality and mobility to the guardian?

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

If we need protection wouldn’t it make more sense to not have a source of the boon and instead dolyak signet being changed to directly reduce damage as opposed to increasing toughness by 180? Of course it then doesn’t necessarily need to be 33% damage reduction as it’d be passive and if balanced properly could also offer an interesting dilemma of whether or not you use the active.

Personally, i think an added 33% damage reduction on a warrior would be overkill.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

protection doesnt not fit warrior, and personally i would like to see greater access to weakness on every weapons set, burst skills alone should cause it

This 1000x over.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Passivity such as protection is becoming redundant, think of better ideas that make Warriors more rewarding as they reach the target because your ideas are too unoriginal (guardian duplicate) and not innovative enough to be considered.

Realistically though, every class should just be brought down to Warriors level if ANET wants this game to have a chance of succeeding.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

petespri.6548

protection doesnt not fit warrior, and personally i would like to see greater access to weakness on every weapons set, burst skills alone should cause it

This 1000x over.

If a warrior with a shield and sword isn’t the epitome of a protector, tank, etc, then I don’t know what is, heh.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

This 1000x over.

If a warrior with a shield and sword isn’t the epitome of a protector, tank, etc, then I don’t know what is, heh.

Dual wield shield? :O

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Setun.4368

This 1000x over.

Scoob is referring to us getting more weakness application across weapon skills over getting the protection boon, not a character ideology lol

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

This 1000x over.

Scoob is referring to us getting more weakness application across weapon skills over getting the protection boon, not a character ideology lol

That would be interesting, but It would have to be something like “33% chance to apply weakness on critical for 2-3 seconds.”

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Healing Signet greatsword shield and mace do it and it will solve all your problems.

Posted by: Niko.8901
Healing signet then greatsword shield and mace.

Kill a warrior by rolling a warrior and then using greatsword and then shield and mace and healing signet. If the other warrior downs you first just vengeance and kill him.

Healing Signet greatsword shield and mace do it and it will solve all your problems.
Today, 18:29

Healing signet then greatsword and shield and mace. all skill. do it.

Mace+Shield/ Greatsword. Healing Signet. You will be a god.

Are you a puppet? Learn to play, if your dieing to this you should of seen the old bulls rush quickness 100b.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Setun.4368

This 1000x over.

That would be interesting, but It would have to be something like “33% chance to apply weakness on critical for 2-3 seconds.”

Could make it a trait line or something in that case, which would rock.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

petespri.6548

This 1000x over.

I don’t mean to be rude, but you are saying that having one grandmaster trait that would give protection to warriors would homogenize Guardians? When guardians have multiple weapon skills, utility skills, and traits that bestow it?

By that logic, that means that protection, regen, and aegis should only be guardians too.

Sorry, I don’t think giving warriors one grandmaster trait to access protection in the defense tree is over the top, nor that it takes away from guardians.

And for the record I firmly hold that protection as a boon should be nerfed from 33% to 20%. It is far to strong now.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Setun.4368

I don’t mean to be rude, but you are saying that having one grandmaster trait that would give protection to warriors would homogenize Guardians? When guardians have multiple weapon skills, utility skills, and traits that bestow it?

By that logic, that means that protection, regen, and aegis should only be guardians too.

Sorry, I don’t think giving warriors one grandmaster trait to access protection in the defense tree is over the top, nor that it takes away from guardians.

And for the record I firmly hold that protection as a boon should be nerfed from 33% to 20%. It is far to strong now.

You didn’t really read my reply did you? What Scoob was saying that I agree with and have been saying for awhile myself is that the warrior class should have more access to the weakness condition rather than getting protection (weakness is FAR, FAR superior to protection.)

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

petespri.6548

I think protection should be nerfed, toughness buffed. This way we will be finally able to see a difference between light and heavy armors.

Behind that protection doesnt not fit warrior, and personally i would like to see greater access to weakness on every weapons set, burst skills alone should cause it

Is what he said. “Does not fit a warrior”.

I’m not going to touch the “weakness on every weapon and burst” idea… that is just as crazy kitten sec protection on 5 sec CD.

And protection is still better when multiple people are targeting you.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Is what he said. “Does not fit a warrior”.

I’m not going to touch the “weakness on every weapon and burst” idea… that is just as crazy kitten sec protection on 5 sec CD.

And protection is still better when multiple people are targeting you.

Not really. Protection has to be stripped which is a bit harder to make.

Weakness can be cured by condi removal, and some classes got it really easy.

Burst skills while some might be nice..they are all about either stun or damage with no secondary effects. On top of thakittens take years to cast them

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If you want your Warrior to get prot just put on Runes of Earth or Runes of the Grove or Runes of the Forge.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

I dont like idea of warrior class rely too much on boons like guardian does.

Protection for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

We don’t need protection:

REAL MEN take the damage to their teeth, they don’t care about magic.
And REAL MEN don’t dodge (thet’s why we have a trickier acces to vigor compared to other classes).XD

As Heavy would say, we are GIANT MAN against TINY BABY MEN (and you might ask yourself “what sick man sends babies to fight me?”)

XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself