PvE: Hundredblade seems really overpowered...

in Warrior

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I’ve been seeing stuff like 40k Hb hits in PvE…to me this just seems wrong…keep in mind this is only in PvE, I don’t think Hb is op in Wv3 or PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

Anyone who is willing to play this mindnumbing and boring weapon should at least get some benefit out of it. I HATE HATE HATE the greatsword as a weapon on the warrior…guardian’s got it better and it is just much more fun. You’re right in PvP/WvW it is not OP. If you got someone with a brain and a stunbreaker you’ve lost anyways as a greatsword warrior IMHO. Hammer feels better for these areas cuz of the tons of stuns/knockdowns/snares. One stunbreak does not hurt that although the mobility GS gives is far better.

Greatsword is just so..boring in PvE. You press one button(2) to kill something. I can’t see why anyone who played anything other then warrior would want to do this!? I have an Ele and I am already unchallenged at some point unless I give myself restrictions/play agressively.

in Warrior

BabelFish.7234

Thief S/P is boring in PvE too, hit 2 then hit 3…over and over and over yet the bursts from that aren’t anywhere near Hb damage and Thieves are a high damage class…

The rewards for Hb in PvE are just silly strong.

(edited by BabelFish.7234)

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I haven’t broken 30k yet on anything significant, but I’m using pwr/vit/tgh armour and berserker jewellery. Mind even then that’s with 20-25 might stacks. I don’t think I’d want to set up to hit 40k with hundred blades, and then stand close enough to something to use hundred blades. It might look at me sternly, and I’m not sure I’d survive.

in Warrior

BabelFish.7234

I haven’t broken 30k yet on anything significant, but I’m using pwr/vit/tgh armour and berserker jewellery. Mind even then that’s with 20-25 might stacks. I don’t think I’d want to set up to hit 40k with hundred blades, and then stand close enough to something to use hundred blades. It might look at me sternly, and I’m not sure I’d survive.

xD yeah glass specs are pretty squishy especially where that 40k Hb would be useful.

in Warrior

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

It’s PvE, who cares?

MABYE someone who plays a class that does incredible amounts of keystrokes to get some mob killed.
Not saying that I am bothered…heck I even love my Ele although she’s way harder then my warrior is..but some people are bothered with that especially other Eles.

About Sword/Pistol thiefs…don’t play it. Same would go to 100b warriors. My thief plays P/D and is happy with that. My warrior is Hammer/LB atm and is happy with that too for pve.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

I agree that PvE is hard and that vit/tough is mandatory and not at all a crutch for bad players.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I agree that PvE is hard and that vit/tough is mandatory and not at all a crutch for bad players.

I also like to make up random things and pretend people said them so I can sound superior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Achieving such damage leaves one with very low survivability. Don’t forget that HB roots the user, so they’re exposing themselves even more.

Typical case of “high risk, high reward”, imo.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I usually only do up to almost 10k damage on even the most fragile of enemies in the game, but I primary toughness. I still have 3k damage, though, and usually stack bloodlust along with switching off to my damage armor set at times, to get near 3500. I don’t see how people hit such high numbers. I guess they’re traited and geared with every min-maxed thing they can get a hold of, to become a wet tissue paper with a gun.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

first off, screenshot it, or your 40k didnt happen (you do know thats the TOTAL hb has done right?)

Secondly, opinions, opinions, opinions. It’s not overpowered at all, it roots you, which is where the balancing act falls into place.

Some of us like GS. So people in this thread crying their typical tears of whiney baby syndrome, aren’t very helpful.

If you like GS use it, if you like hammer, use it. It’s all personal preference. It’s not OP just because you don’t understand the mechanics.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khalous.7430

Khalous.7430

I hit for 108k with my rifle burst. Buff HB.

in Warrior

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

Go to the mist, the area with the dummies.. test it out for yourself.. Axe skills 1-2 vs Great sword skills 1-2… the difference is very small and keep in mind, when channeling HB you cannot move without cancelling the attack.

It’s not overpowered. You just see higher numbers because of the channeled attack with the Greatsword. But the dummies go down just as fast.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I hit a Rabbit for 460k with Eviscerate.

Buff everything!

It’s not overpowered. You just see higher numbers because of the channeled attack with the Greatsword. But the dummies go down just as fast.

The thing is, Greatsword is greatly superior to any other weapon when you look at the traits they get. GS gets a cooldown reduction, might on crit and a damage boost.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Kahrgan.7401

I hit a Rabbit for 460k with Eviscerate.

Buff everything!

The thing is, Greatsword is greatly superior to any other weapon when you look at the traits they get. GS gets a cooldown reduction, might on crit and a damage boost.

Opinions? Opinions everywhere.

It’s not greatly superior. It sacrafices CC (hammer), and crit buffage (dual axes, unless you use the gs adren, but why in the world would you use adren….), and condition dmg and a working charge (sword) to do straight forward damage.

There are Pros and cons with all weapons. Please start recognizing this.,

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Warrior

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

I really don’t understand why so many ppl think Greatsword is the only viable option :S
There are so many good weapons too choose from depending on the situation!

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

It would be ridiculous to actually DOWNgrade a profession because of a strong pve skill. The greatsword is completely useless in pvp against anyone that can dodge or has a stun breaker, or catches the warrior inbetween the one minute long frenzy cooldown.

Hammer really isn’t so great either, the burst skill takes a lot of time to get to full adrenaline because of slow hammer strikes, and the only other useful skill it has is #5 and that is only single target on a 30 second cooldown.

So no, the hammer doesn’t have “tons” of control skills, it has two of them, and both take a very long time between uses. Other than that hammer has a weakness debuff, a cripple and a tiny knockback (not knockdown or stun) that really doesn’t do anything, and isn’t useful for interrupting due it its long charge-up, but can be used as a weak whirl finisher.

Axe has a reasonably good auto attack, about the same total damage as the hammer, maybe a bit more.. but all its other skills are useless. Eviscerate used to be good, now it is pretty bad as well because of the -30% burst damage nerf.. as a leap it has a very short range (300, barely more than melee), so axe builds suffer badly from a total lack of mobility.

Mace is reasonably good for pve due to its near-permanent weakness debuff, but not viable for pvp in any way, since it doesn’t have a snare or gap closer of any kind, it has a 1 second daze but that doesn’t impair movement, mace is clearly a pve-only weapon.

Rifle is designed to allow anyone that has two dodges available to completely negate its damage, as both damage skills are incredibly easy to dodge by even complete newbies.

Sword is only useful for it’s #2 mobility, melee condition builds doesn’t work as a warrior, not for pvp anyway, and in pve it’s almost impossible getting the necessary power/condition/toughness gear to make bleed builds work.

Longbow has one single use due to its incredibly weak auto attack and lack of short CD cripple, and that is putting pressure on groups of people in wvw sieges.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I really don’t understand why so many ppl think Greatsword is the only viable option :S
There are so many good weapons too choose from depending on the situation!

Most of the weapons don’t do a lot that’s important other than damage, so most people just pick the one that deals the most damage. The exceptions would be Mace and Hammer, I guess, and even they have problems in PvP, not to mention being almost completely pointless in PvE since ANet feels like they need to make sure you can only interrupt a boss once every minute and a half.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

There’s no way you’re ever going to hit that amount of damage in a single HB except under the most ideal of circumstances that will probably never happen in any practical situation even if the planets align.

in Warrior

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

I play PVE only, and tried greatsword for awhile. 100 Blade is the only ability I found to have any use for me… and half the time it was interrupted by knockdowns or such. 100 Blade is probably the only thing making greatsword worthwhile, take it away and watch everyone switch. Myself, I switched back to double swords and condition gear. Probably not ideal, but working best for my playstle so far.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shurimpu.2048

Shurimpu.2048

It might be overpowered in PVE, However, I haven’t seen any mobs get on the forums and complain about it, so it’s probably fine.

Kjaerand Gramvalda – Warrior – Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

PvE is about killing fast to gain gear anyways. Name me one game that actually has FUN PvE that isn’t repetitive and predictable.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Kahrgan.7401

I play PVE only, and tried greatsword for awhile. 100 Blade is the only ability I found to have any use for me… and half the time it was interrupted by knockdowns or such. 100 Blade is probably the only thing making greatsword worthwhile, take it away and watch everyone switch. Myself, I switched back to double swords and condition gear. Probably not ideal, but working best for my playstle so far.

This is a common misconception. Auto attack swings do more dmg than HB. It just doesnt seem that way because you dont see the numbers crammed together. With the right spec you CAN ignore HB all together.

Mechanics people, learn them!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

It’s PvE, who cares?

Probably the people who play PvE.

Why? It deals heavy damage? So what, mobs have truck loaded with hp and is not like warriors can do much else with a great sword anyways, besides kissing the floor every time they get hit. People seem to ignore such numbers come at a heavy price. Now if we could do 20 – 40 k constantly while kitting around with a huge smile on our face then it would be op.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

This is a common misconception. Auto attack swings do more dmg than HB. It just doesnt seem that way because you dont see the numbers crammed together. With the right spec you CAN ignore HB all together.

This is wrong for so many reasons >.<.

I’m just gonna redirect you to the “right spec” that you seem to be so fond of. Read what some of the traits do, then evaluate the skills again (mostly in terms of attacks per second).

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Warrior

Kahrgan.7401

I’m just gonna redirect you to the “right spec” that you seem to be so fond of. Read what some of the traits do, then evaluate the skills again (mostly in terms of attacks per second).

Sorry, I don’t have the time or energy to explain it to you. If you can’t figure it out, I apologize, but you are beyond my help.

Good luck.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kurwan.4089

Kurwan.4089

Sorry, I don’t have the time or energy to explain it to you. If you can’t figure it out, I apologize, but you are beyond my help.

Good luck.

Hundred Blades is and will always be (for the sake of balance) superior to auto-attack.
I can’t even phantom the reasoning behind those who think otherwise.
You attack faster with HB, so more proc from various source, including Forceful Greatsword and Sigil of Strength.