[PvE] Ridic DPS Longbow condi (video + guide)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Sup nerds,

This overly bad video presents the fundamentals of the Longbow Berserker condi Warrior PvE build. In a nutshell, the build exploits the overlapping fire fields of the new skill, Scorched Earth (Berserk mode Combustive Shot), to stack up more burn than it is reasonable to do so. Proper positioning is obviously needed to play this build.

Utility skills include stuff that give you more damage because defense is for chumps. Get that burn duration to 100%, stack up condition damage.

Key traits include Smash Brawler and Versatile power, to reduce the cooldown of Scorched Earth to 2.5 sec (and Berserk to 10), and Furious, to generate a bunch of adrenaline and stack up condition damage. Other stuff, too.

I have no clue what to do for runes and sigils because mathcrafting puts me to sleep, so let’s have someone smarterer than me do it or something. Gear is Sinister all the way. Food is typical condi food.

Basic rotation:

Opener:

Buffs (FGJ, BoStrength, SoR)

Impale

Get 25 adren

Swap to LB

Berserk

Scorched Earth as it gets off cooldown

Pin Down

Fan of FIre

Smoldering Arrow

When Berserk wears off, swap to sword

Impale

Use Flurry once, because you have time while ’zerk gets off CD

Get 25 adren

Swap to LB once Berserk is up

Rince repeat

Loot

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

we assume have 3500 condi dmg (we can have up to nearly 4000) and 100% burn duration.

Scorched Earth = 2 stacks for 10 sek => 13480 dmg or 26960 if you hit twice
Combustive Shot = 4 stacks for 10 sek => 26960 dmg
Flaming Flurry = 8 stacks for 4 sek => 21568 dmg

spaming Scorched Earth is only good if you hit twice with it ( big enemy hitbox)

you should be better if you use Combustive Shot => Signet or HEal for full adri => spam Flaming Flurry .

About Torch Vs Sword offhand.
Torch is allways usefull. Sword needs the enemy to move and hit you.

Flames of war should be 13480 dmg.
Impale should around 19k dmg IF the target is moving , 8k if not.
Riposte is around 18.5k dmg. But you have to block.

Also this Condi Warrior is really good BUT only in melee range.
You would need Longbow Trait to deal good range dps and this is in Taktics…….

With sword offhand:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAscTj8cQlH29B+dAnIWgCsjEYAIlpcEucDh3W7sd3C-TByCABOcCAA4QAcy+DOr874nAAy6DYW9nEVCGAABYmlZZOzAIFwiitA-e

(edited by DanAlcedo.3281)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I personally would do something like this. Replace all Sinister with Viper’s, which gives slightly less condition damage and precision, but more power and around 35-40% condition duration. In total, you could have 100% condition damage which can significantly increase your total dps (along with the extra power). The build calculator is missing about 400 condition damage, so I’d expect around 650 damage per tick and 200 dps bleeds.

I really like this idea. Pretty cool.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

I personally would do something like this. Replace all Sinister with Viper’s, which gives slightly less condition damage and precision, but more power and around 35-40% condition duration. In total, you could have 100% condition damage which can significantly increase your total dps (along with the extra power). The build calculator is missing about 400 condition damage, so I’d expect around 650 damage per tick and 200 dps bleeds.

I really like this idea. Pretty cool.

You can already achieve 100% burn condition duration with only the viper weapon:

Nightmare runes (15%)
Smoldering sigils (35%)
Koi cakes (55%)
Condi oil (65%)
Grandmaster burn talent (85%)
Viper weapon (capped)

Bleed should also be capped with

Nightmare runes (15%)
Agony sigils (35%)
Koi cakes (55%)
Condi oil (65%)
Minor bleed talent (97%)
Viper weapon (capped)

I guess the full set would allow you to drop one of these elements for something else more valuable. Let’s have someone else math out what’s better.

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

A little Informations.

Viper Set is not good in my opinion. Condition Duration on equip is not cheap.

Balthasar Rune Set gives +45% Burning Duration. 1% are 15 Points on the Viper Equip.
The Runes gives a Value from 675 Points plus Condition Damage.
———
+45%

The Berserker Grandmaster gives 20% plus additional Burning proc.
———
+65%

Sigil of Smoldering Weapon + 20%
——-
85%

Pizza Bufffood the second best with 18% cost 3-4s
——-
=103%
—————
—————
They nerfed the condition duration on the bufffood. The old gives 36 or 40% and have been another weapons sigil but now you must smoldering or use Viper equip. But the opportunity cost is heavy in my opinion. With Toxic cristal and better Bufffood maybe you can change the Weaponsigil but the gold costs are big.

Another good thing about the Bow is the Attackspeed. Wiki says one shot every 1.3 seconds. With Berserker 15% Attackspeed you are over 1 second thats important because Sigil procs have full seconds as internal cooldown and you hit twice. The proc rate is very good in my opinion.

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Don’t worry, my condi warrior build guide will be up soon™

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

Don’t worry, my condi warrior build guide will be up soon™

Hi, thanks for the free bump. Establishing myself as the premiere HoT condi warrior theorycrafter wouldn’t have been possible without your support.

Looking at your play here >[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXULiE_-Tc], you don’t quite seem to have grasped (or noticed? you make no mention of it) the concept of scorched earth double-dipping, resulting in highly subpart DPS. Will your next guide account for this discovery?

I understand that my “guide” (loosely used here) may come off as trashy, but I only had about two minutes of hands-on play with the berserker (no beta access/care to play it) to come up with the build concept. I’m hoping that you’ll build upon my initial groundwork to min/max everything, so that I don’t have to put any more work into it.

A little Informations.

Viper Set is not good in my opinion. Condition Duration on equip is not cheap.

Balthasar Rune Set gives +45% Burning Duration. 1% are 15 Points on the Viper Equip.
The Runes gives a Value from 675 Points plus Condition Damage.
———
+45%

The Berserker Grandmaster gives 20% plus additional Burning proc.
———
+65%

Sigil of Smoldering Weapon + 20%
——-
85%

Pizza Bufffood the second best with 18% cost 3-4s
——-
=103%
—————
—————
They nerfed the condition duration on the bufffood. The old gives 36 or 40% and have been another weapons sigil but now you must smoldering or use Viper equip. But the opportunity cost is heavy in my opinion. With Toxic cristal and better Bufffood maybe you can change the Weaponsigil but the gold costs are big.

Another good thing about the Bow is the Attackspeed. Wiki says one shot every 1.3 seconds. With Berserker 15% Attackspeed you are over 1 second thats important because Sigil procs have full seconds as internal cooldown and you hit twice. The proc rate is very good in my opinion.

I wonder how important also getting your bleed duration would be. The build maintains a very decent amount of them.

Balthasar runes also lose condition damage (since they provide power), something to consider.

What are the stats on exotic/ascended viper?

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Throdin.8061

Throdin.8061

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Balthazar

I’ve also got these equipped in game.

They give condition damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

The Balthazar runes are good, no doubt, and the cost is nice.

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Balthazar

I’ve also got these equipped in game.

They give condition damage.

Woops, I mixed the runes up with Bael’fire. I still think a mix of nightmare + viper will be best.

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

I dont think so.
Nightmare gives 15% Duration vs 45% Duration Fire.
You can double the value because its Bleeding and Fire but at the end Balthasar gives 15% more when other conditions are not important factor.