[PvE] What do warrior condi builds look like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’ve been trying some full ascended celestial warrior. With Sword/Axe and Longbow. Strength, Arms and Discipline. I have like unlimited Adrenaline, 100% crit chance, high vuln and might stacks, and with furious, vitality conversion trait and vitality to damage conversion runes you can have some nasty stats (I don’t use those though). Whirling Axe into a Combustive shot asures you up to 8 stacks of burning in a single target, that’s up to 4k burning ticks. It may not be an optimal set-up, far from it, but I just have fun with it and my damage is just fine.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Because they are very bad maybe? I would insta kick cond warrior.

And here’s a reason why people wonder about having bad, toxic players ruining their experience.

Please do everyone a favor and stick with your elite, privileged guild, and stay away from strangers.

F***ing disgusting.

On a more constructive note, sinister with Str runes and a lot of might stacking seems to give a fair punch + with all the condition damage on top, and am DOING GREAT in dungeons.

(edited by Ice.5162)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

dungeon runners are the worst. can’t believe they would question Nike’s credentials. they’re the ones reducing this game down to DPS science, instead of gasp a fun pastime. god forbid any of them go back and play GW1, where creativity in builds mattered more than raw numbers.

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

On a more constructive note, sinister with Str runes and a lot of might stacking seems to give a fair punch + with all the condition damage on top, and am DOING GREAT in dungeons.

aristocracy runes are basically condi strength runes

and they dont even cost anything

where creativity in builds mattered more than raw numbers.

pretty sure people looked at raw numbers still when it came to speed clearing, just like they do in gw2

creativity is nice when you’re clearing content with your heroes since none of them can tell you your build is bad so it makes you feel special

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Because they are very bad maybe? I would insta kick cond warrior.

And here’s a reason why people wonder about having bad, toxic players ruining their experience.

Please do everyone a favor and stick with your elite, privileged guild, and stay away from strangers.

F***ing disgusting.

it is the truth, don’t like it? don’t expect to play dungeons with pro players, cond warrior = auto kick, it is just LOL watching a warrior with swords/LB hitting an npc to stack bleed!!

(edited by xbutcherx.3861)

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

dungeon runners are the worst. can’t believe they would question Nike’s credentials. they’re the ones reducing this game down to DPS science, instead of gasp a fun pastime. god forbid any of them go back and play GW1, where creativity in builds mattered more than raw numbers.

Fun pastime? trying running 3000+ dungeons and then come back here and tell me about fun pastime, condition warrior will slow a clearing group a LOT, fun pastime? lulz

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Fun pastime? trying running 3000+ dungeons and then come back here and tell me about fun pastime, condition warrior will slow a clearing group a LOT, fun pastime? lulz

No, it really won’t. A meta group makes something like 75k dps over a 30 second fight. You think someone would really be able to notice a difference in clear times by losing 2k dps total by taking a condi warrior? Oh No! a 10 second boss fight now last 10.4 seconds. Oh the humanity!

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

No, it really won’t. A meta group makes something like 75k dps over a 30 second fight. You think someone would really be able to notice a difference in clear times by losing 2k dps total by taking a condi warrior? Oh No! a 10 second boss fight now last 10.4 seconds. Oh the humanity!

lulz 75k dps over 30 secs? that is just bad!! I alone probably do twice that in the same time. lololo 75k in 30 sec… you made me giggle, you really are new, aren’t you?

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

lulz 75k dps over 30 secs? that is just bad!! I alone probably do twice that in the same time. lololo 75k in 30 sec… you made me giggle, you really are new, aren’t you?

75k damage per second. Not 75k damage. Learn to read.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

2.25 million Damage over 30 sec? geez you really need a calculator? back to topic with a condition warr it won’t be 2k DPS like you said but a lot more than that. Let’s see how long does it take you to apply 25 stacks of bleed w/out burst? which is the ONLY condition warrior have besides the useless LB (burn).

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

well I won’t we explaining anything else, just avoid the groups title “PRO” ,“zerker”, “meta” I’m sure you will get kicked.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

2.25 million Damage over 30 sec? geez you really need a calculator? back to topic with a condition warr it won’t be 2k DPS like you said but a lot more than that. Let’s see how long does it take you to apply 25 stacks of bleed w/out burst? which is the ONLY condition warrior have besides the useless LB (burn).

Do you need a calculator? I know how the game works, apparently you don’t. 2.25 million damage over 30 seconds is probably erring on the side of being slightly low.

FYI, it takes a warrior about 11- seconds to hit their max sustained bleed. This is why condition warriors are not meta, ofcourse. But that doesn’t mean you would even notice one in your group based on boss kill times.

well I won’t we explaining anything else, just avoid the groups title “PRO” ,“zerker”, “meta” I’m sure you will get kicked.

Don’t worry, I’m the leader of the best PvE guild on NA, I don’t need to pug with wannabes like yourself.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

Do you need a calculator? I know how the game works, apparently you don’t. 2.25 million damage over 30 seconds is probably erring on the side of being slightly low.

FYI, it takes a warrior about 11- seconds to hit their max sustained bleed. This is why condition warriors are not meta, ofcourse. But that doesn’t mean you would even notice one in your group based on boss kill times.

Don’t worry, I’m the leader of the best PvE guild on NA, I don’t need to pug with wannabes like yourself.

Yeah you can notice the difference, and very well notice that is not enough DPS, but whatever play your condition warrior with ONLY bleed! lulz

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

leader of the best PvE guild? ROFL geez I can imagine how it is. wannabe? lulz

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

25-30 bleeds stacks, 5-7 Torment, plus burning. Just to correct you. I hate ignorance, so I’m happy to help educate you. =)

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

http://www.dtguilds.com/

Maybe you’ve heard of us? Please don’t apply though, you wouldn’t pass trial.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

Nope sorry I don’t join useless PVE guilds, I’m all PvP and only run dungeons for gold and if I see a warrior with a sword is insta kick.

in Warrior

maha.7902

and yet here you are in a pve thread trying to act like you know what you’re talking about

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

I’m all PvP

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/historyPlayer/xbutcherx3861

Looks like you’re a sick PvP pro holding it down with a sick 46% win percentage.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

and yet here you are in a pve thread trying to act like you know what you’re talking about

Man… I gave you my opinion before and all I got were attacks, well I’m here answering your questions and jokes.
I’m right and not a newbie like you or anyone on your guild, warrior only have access to 1 condition (BLEED) and burn doesn’t count because is really hard to stack with LB.
So, not raw damage, only bleed and takes long to stack if!, Keep playing with your guild and stay there because you have no idea how to play the class. You should try necro, I think is better for you.

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

I’m all PvP

Looks like you’re a sick PvP pro holding it down with a sick 46% win percentage.

LOL how PvP is right now and only playing unranked. rofl looking at the leaderboard, that is exactly how newbie you are.

in Warrior

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Why even feed obvious troll?
But agreed S+S/LB would be the weapons of choice, especially with the firefield for leaping Fire Aura helps.

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

I’m all PvP

46% PvPs is actually good from unranked. I just saw that board and I LOL so hard, 51 -59? wtf I have over 4000 games played and over 3000 games won.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Nope sorry I don’t join useless PVE guilds, I’m all PvP and only run dungeons for gold and if I see a warrior with a sword is insta kick.

So… you’re arguing a point from a position of ignorance? I mean, kick who you want from your party, but the issue comes down to math and it doesn’t look like you’ve done yours.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

So… you’re arguing a point from a position of ignorance? I mean, kick who you want from your party, but the issue comes down to math and it doesn’t look like you’ve done yours.

not who I want but mostly warrior wielding a sword or LB or ranger.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cilph.6758

Cilph.6758

Back on topic:

I’m currently using Sword/Axe. I understand that Axe 5 has horrible DPS, but I rely on Axe 4 to build up a good uptime of Fury. Using the trait, banner, and fury alone I can already get 50% precision. Nearly 100% including gear. Are there better sources of Fury so I can switch my offhand? But then again, the whirl finisher on Axe 5 is kinda neat.

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

Back on topic:

I’m currently using Sword/Axe. I understand that Axe 5 has horrible DPS, but I rely on Axe 4 to build up a good uptime of Fury. Using the trait, banner, and fury alone I can already get 50% precision. Nearly 100% including gear. Are there better sources of Fury so I can switch my offhand?

Why is god name would you run condition with Direct? is either or! Sword/ Axe no wonder.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cilph.6758

Cilph.6758

Like I said, (Perma-)Fury uptime. Remember Warrior has traits for bleed/vuln on crit as well.

I don’t care about perfect DPS. I want good DPS, and enjoy playing. I don’t enjoy Greatsword because it roots you in place. That’s it.

(edited by Cilph.6758)

in Warrior

xbutcherx.3861

Like I said, (Perma-)Fury uptime. Remember Warrior has traits for bleed/vuln on crit as well.

I don’t care about perfect DPS. I want good DPS, and enjoy playing. I don’t enjoy Greatsword because it roots you in place. That’s it.

Why you want fury if the direct is so low unless you running cele? doesn’t make sense, I would run full condition or full direct. I think cele is only good for PvP or was.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

NIKE is right its not as bad as you think. Condi warrior good for soloing, not that great in groups. However due to the condi stack changes it isn’t as bad as you think. Before the patch the gap between condi warrior and power warrior on boss solo was very small. Some people said condi warrior could solo Lupi faster.

As I said before not good for dungeons groups.

That’s all relative. Is condi warrior as good as the best possible warrior build? No. Is condi warrior better than the best possible Necro build? Yes.

a condi warrior is more useful and has better dps than quite a few “acceptable” meta builds for other classes.

I cant even express how sad this makes me

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

Are there better sources of Fury so I can switch my offhand?

I know people don’t like axe-5, but it is a great AoE and it’s amazing at filling an adren bar. I also think a fair bit of direct is very beneficial for sword builds; even discounting the bleed, its reasonable damage with a berserker kit. With something like rampager armor + zerker trinkets it’s very solid (you don’t need all sinister to have a solid build, and you’ll want a set of zerker anyway.)

That being said… on fury… you have two good fury traits in arms-1; the 25% health one or the one on immobilize. Both sword (flurry) and bow (pin down) have immobilize naturally… and you can trait for immob on snare, which really is 100% fury with immob-fury.

The 25% fury is basically perma-fury on trash, and with either the elite banner or signet, you really good up time on bosses too.

in Warrior

Cortano.5419

Why you want fury if the direct is so low unless you running cele?

(I know this guy is trolling, but general response to everyone else in the thread… because even trolls stumble onto good questions.)

Rampager (which is cheap) with some Zerker trinkets (which most people have anyway) is a pretty cheap way to run a decent condition build that still has very solid direct damage. A lot of people are going to run condition builds for variety, to try different playstyles… but you don’t need to splash out for all sinister before trying it out.

The combination of pressure from bleeds combined with reasonable burstiness is a solid WvW mix as well. A quickened flurry + final strike + rip is pretty brutal, especially when your crit rate is up near 100%.

The only thing GS really has is the insane might stacking, which to be honest, needs to be nerfed. It’s too good a trait and warriors are sort of propped up by that one overpowered trait. Remove the 25-stack might from GS, and it is nothing special.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

http://www.dtguilds.com/

Maybe you’ve heard of us? Please don’t apply though, you wouldn’t pass trial.

I don’t want to get in on a forum nerd war (nerd isn’t a bad thing rofl) but this comment IMMEDIATELY made me think of this. Lol

https://youtu.be/OM9jhGiIAFM

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’ve been playing with this Hybrid setup in PvE and the DPS is pretty kittening remarkable. The zerker crowd probably won’t like it cause you aren’t pumping out might stacks like a GS build would but there is no doubt that the damage is viable in any party.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAscTjMdQlH29B2dAnIGmCq7ICgRWDiIvGyS4EmdA-ThSFABEcCAWTfwgKBB4BAQsylDV/hk9HS4QAgwRAYJlUkCIRhVA-e

Those who say condition warrior isn’t viable or bad really don’t know what they are taking about.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve been playing with this Hybrid setup in PvE and the DPS is pretty kittening remarkable. The zerker crowd probably won’t like it cause you aren’t pumping out might stacks like a GS build would but there is no doubt that the damage is viable in any party.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAscTjMdQlH29B2dAnIGmCq7ICgRWDiIvGyS4EmdA-ThSFABEcCAWTfwgKBB4BAQsylDV/hk9HS4QAgwRAYJlUkCIRhVA-e

Those who say condition warrior isn’t viable or bad really don’t know what they are taking about.

It’s not that condi damage is bad, it’s just you contribute way less to groups and don’t fulfill the expected roles of the warrior. I mean, you take phalanx strength… but as you said you aren’t stacking might with your build like direct damage builds do, and not only that you’re only taking 1 banner and no empowered allies.

When you’re in groups it’s not all about personal damage, it’s about utility too. I hate to break it to you but based off of the build editor link, there’s a good reason for someone to claim your build is bad if you join a group like that and I don’t mean to offend you by this.

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

It’s not that condi damage is bad, it’s just you contribute way less to groups and don’t fulfill the expected roles of the warrior. I mean, you take phalanx strength… but as you said you aren’t stacking might with your build like direct damage builds do, and not only that you’re only taking 1 banner and no empowered allies.

When you’re in groups it’s not all about personal damage, it’s about utility too. I hate to break it to you but based off of the build editor link, there’s a good reason for someone to claim your build is bad if you join a group like that and I don’t mean to offend you by this.

No worries Miku, I watch you streams and know your skills. I’ll take your criticism. I do trait empower allies instead of burning arrows when in groups and I also replace signet of might with banner of discipline. The build I linked is what I use for solo play but it is easily adaptable for group play as well.

As for might stacking, warriors are not the only ones able of stacking might. What did people do before PS? Is it optimal, no but seriously, is optimal really needed all the time. What about enjoying what you play? Will it get the job done? HELLZ YEAH!

I’d actually like you see the numbers I would get with the solo variation if paired with a PS banner bot metawarrior.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well if it’s for solo play I guess I was thrown off because you put phalanx strength as one of your selections, so it was only natural for me to assume it was intended for groups as that trait is completely useless in a solo setting… but to be fair and in your own defense, not like the other two GM traits are relevant anyways and you definitely want burning arrows for a condi warrior build so yeah.

And before PS, people ran LH builds. I know. The problem in my opinion is mostly phalanx strength being too OP, but also because Anet kitten over LH builds and they aren’t practical to use anymore.

As for your last statement, what do you mean? You want to compare your personal damage with the build in the link you provided with a GS + a/m warrior running phalanx? Well, wouldn’t a better damage comparison be one using this build instead? They’re both solo builds so it would be a better comparison ^^

EDIT: Oh, how come you are using strength runes btw? They cost quite a lot, and are worse for both solo and groups for condi warriors than aristocracy runes do which are free (well, kinda).

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Well if it’s for solo play I guess I was thrown off because you put phalanx strength as one of your selections, so it was only natural for me to assume it was intended for groups as that trait is completely useless in a solo setting… but to be fair and in your own defense, not like the other two GM traits are relevant anyways and you definitely want burning arrows for a condi warrior build so yeah.

And before PS, people ran LH builds. I know. The problem in my opinion is mostly phalanx strength being too OP, but also because Anet kitten over LH builds and they aren’t practical to use anymore.

As for your last statement, what do you mean? You want to compare your personal damage with the build in the link you provided with a GS + a/m warrior running phalanx? Well, wouldn’t a better damage comparison be one using this build instead? They’re both solo builds so it would be a better comparison ^^

EDIT: Oh, how come you are using strength runes btw? They cost quite a lot, and are worse for both solo and groups for condi warriors than aristocracy runes do which are free (well, kinda).

Yes, the reason I put PS on my solo build is cause I don’t really have a use for the other GMs. This way if I stumble upon a temple event or world boss I can share whatever might I generate.

I agree with PS being OP, because of it warrior get shoehorned into a build or playstyle and get kitten on for not using it. If there is one thing I truly dislike, it’s being dictated how to play.

To clear up what I wanted to say about damage comparison and I should have followed the idea through in my previous post. I would be curious to know what the difference in DPS of this build to your standard PvE DPS build of another classes if put in a party that already has a mighty banner bot. You spoke about roles, I was thinking “what if there already is someone fulfilling the standard warrior role?” I would probably change PS for shout and replace my banner with on my mark or shake it off.

I went with strength runes for a 2 reasons. First, I already had then in my bank from a previous build. Second, I was aiming for a hybrid DPS rather than a pure condition build. At 2.5k power I get some decent direct damage from sword and some pretty nice final thrusts. I take this into WvW roaming sometimes (with a few trinket changes) and the direct damage helps against builds with lots of cleanses. Aristocracy is a good and incredibly cheap alternative if you want to go full condition damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

If people wanna run condi warrior then that fine but don’t get mad if u get kicked from a party. A lot of people wanna get this stuff done and move on. If ur running condi warrior then u are either not giving might to ur party or u are taking away a spot for someone who will do more damage. I have had this discussion with many pro dungeon runners and they all say the same thing

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

If people wanna run condi warrior then that fine but don’t get mad if u get kicked from a party. A lot of people wanna get this stuff done and move on. If ur running condi warrior then u are either not giving might to ur party or u are taking away a spot for someone who will do more damage. I have had this discussion with many pro dungeon runners and they all say the same thing

Most people begging for warrior to run PS EA aren’t pro dungeon runners and the are so focused on what warrior is running that they don’t stop to ask if everyone else in the party is running an optimal build. Let’s be fair, if we are required to run a specific for efficiency so should everyone else which more often than not, they aren’t.

Also, the difference in dps between a good condi build and a power build is pretty negligiblenow that condis have been revamped. If you already have a might stacker in the party the difference is literally seconds on boss fight.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

No one can see the difference between 77k dps and 75k dps. The only thing they will notice is lower Might really, and since good groups pre-stack Might whenever possible even with a PS warrior, it’s likely that “pro dungeon runners” wouldn’t notice it at all.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Regardless of weather they notice it or not they still don’t want on in the group

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Regardless of weather they notice it or not they still don’t want on in the group

And that is why many of us don’t play with pugs. Preconceptions and ignorance. Most pro dungeon runners don’t run with them either cause you can’t guarantee they are running proper builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

And that is why many of us don’t play with pugs. Preconceptions and ignorance. Most pro dungeon runners don’t run with them either cause you can’t guarantee they are running proper builds.

That’s also the reason why I enjoy GW2 less day by day. GW2 gives us a lot of options but often just one of them is considered to be worth using. Even total newbies demand meta builds of their group but hardly know what it is. And if they play meta themselves a lot of times they don’t know how to use it. I bet a bad played meta build is way less efficient than a well played non-meta build.
Those were days when players just played what they liked because they had no idea what was the most efficient way to play and the party communicated to solve difficult situations with tactics. Today this is hardly possible, even in specific guilds.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Those were days when players just played what they liked because they had no idea what was the most efficient way to play

There was a “meta” as early as October 2012. Unless you want to go back to launch when doing the simplest dungeon took an hour…

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Meta isn’t a gw2 thing. Every game has a meta that is the best/fastest way to do things.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

maha.7902

in MY game players forever remain clueless and play whatever builds they want and all is harmonious in the world.

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

in MY game players forever remain clueless and play whatever builds they want and all is harmonious in the world.

People will aways find the best builds. To many good theory craters out there for them not to

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Cortano.5419

People will aways find the best builds. To many good theory craters out there for them not to

and for each person experimenting to find those builds, there will be at least one person saying “that sucks, I am awesome and you are all idiots. I have never heard of a dumber idea ever. you all suck. your ideas suck. Play the meta my guildmates made me spec or you all suck”