[PvE]Which signet for Grest Sword user?

in Warrior

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

in PvE context, a berserker warrior, using great sword, (i dont usually swap weapons) which signet should i use?

Discard sigil of bloodlust (not sure if thats the name in English) because im using it on the other weapon for the 25 stacks of power.

Should i take the 5% damage increase one? or that is not barely noticeable? its tempting since GS got good damage and my warrior its a berserker so every% is well used..mmmmm

Since i got good precision, should i take for example the one which provide might in criticals hits (30%)?. Not sure, i usually got it over 15 stacks, even maxed at certain peaks going solo, and while in parties with buffers frequently maxed

any other?

Signet and Runes prices got skyrocketed compared to months ago so i want to make a good choice XD

thanks in advance

in Warrior

Posted by: travosaga.6089

travosaga.6089

I like flames sigil, but the superior is extremely expensive. Superior sigil of air, while not as good as flames, is much much cheaper and I like it. 5% critical is pretty good too. I find that I have no trouble getting to 25 stacks even without a might sigiil.

in Warrior

Posted by: NickFireman.7243

NickFireman.7243

If you want more survivablity, you can always go with Sigil of Blood. It combines well with Omnomberry Pies to keep you up for long fights. DPS wise, I like Fire and Air Sigils.

Garrus Finiarel – Human Warrior
Raven Oakwood – Sylvari Ranger
Kal Vas Flam [KVF] – Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Sigil of Fire/Air: With high CritChance they should proc every 6-7 seconds. You can check how much damage proc does and compare it to how much damage you during 6-7 seconds. If “damage dealt during 6-7 seconds” > 20 * “proc damage” then you should use Sigil of Force.
Fire/Air only scales with power so Force should be better with high CritChance (0.9+) and CritDamage (2.5).
Also Air is single-damage, Force works against objects, Force doesn’t use a cooldown and Fire costs a fortune.

Sigil of Battle: Internal cooldown (2 or 3 seconds) so you get perhaps 2-4 Might stacks from it which is 70-140 power. If “70-140 power” / “your power including other Might sources and buffs” < 0.05 then Sigil of Force is better.
Also Force doesn’t use a cooldown and won’t get capped with 25 Might.

Sigil of CritChance (5): You can calculate how much additional CritChance increases your damage with:
(- AddCritChance + AddCritChance * BaseCritDmg) / (1 – BaseCritChance + BaseCritChance * BaseCritDamage).
With 0.9 CritChance, 2.5 CritDmg (= 100) and 0.05 AdditionalCritChance you get 3% more damage.
Also increased CritChance affects other things but may get capped at 100%.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Warrior

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Depends:
Sigil of Force – 5% damage increase. No cooldown and no proc chance reliance… just consistent reliable damage. Wethospu’s post also shows that it wins in most cases. If you can afford a second GS, I would get a Sigil of Night. Swap to this at night, and that’s 10% damage. Don’t need number crunching to show this is the best DPS increase when it grows dark.

Sigil of Generosity – Beautiful anti-debuff sigil. In PvE, this is pretty much all you need to keep debuffs off of you. Saves you from soldier/runing or relying on mending (except heavy condition casting bosses/mobs, which are relatively rare).

Sigil of Blood – Gives your sword HP on crit. 450+ hp every ~5 seconds can add a lot to survivability.

Sigil of Energy – Gives you 50% upon weapon swap, which means an extra dodge. Warrior doesn’t have the combat mobility of many other classes, so this extra dodge can be nice.