PvE and Adrenaline

PvE and Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Please keep in mind that I PvE for the most part, and this thread is written with those situations in mind.

My gripe is that Adrenaline starts to disappear way too fast. And seems to disappear way faster than I build it up.

Many times I have been in the middle of a huge fight – enemies on all sides. When I drop my current opponent, my first thought is to find the next most logical opponent. (This is not necessarily the closest opponent.) But before I can do so, my adrenaline starts to go away. Here I am surrounded by bad guys, with every intention of closing with someone else right away. Yet my Adrenaline always seems to reset to zero before I can get to my target of choice, even though I would certainly classify myself as “still in combat”.

It frustrates me partly because many times on my other characters I have left a combat to switch weapons or whatnot, and it tells me I can’t because I am still in combat. I know it’s a game glitch. But I can stand there for many long minutes and still be considered “in combat”, while my Warrior can be surrounded by targets and lose his adrenaline because he hasn’t swung in 2 seconds.

I am asking ANet to consider restoring some idle time before Adrenaline loss begins. Something closer to the GW1 time perhaps.

I don’t know about the other aspects of the game. Maybe PvP and WvW are okay with Adrenaline as it stands; I don’t know. But this change has all but made me retire my Warrior who I loved to play. I have spent a lot of gold and time trying my best to adapt. I’ve tried new skills. New Traits. New Weapons and Armor. Entire new builds. But it has proved fruitless so far and I’m getting to the point of giving up on him entirely.

I don’t think I’m alone when I propose that it would be PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE and probably much easier to balance the game if they treated the different game types differently. GW1 had some skills that worked differently between PvE and PVP, and that worked out great. Maybe that’s the solution?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

PvE and Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I’m pretty sure the Warriors from all game modes (more so PvP and WvW than PvE I would say) that are okay with the recent change to Adrenaline are few and far between if any.

PvE and Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

eh well, hamfast is right, at least from my point of view, adrenaline shouldnt be something that vanishes in thin air, especially when the fight reaches its peak.

PvE and Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Many threads have complain about the adrenaline decay out of combat for those same reasons. Warriors are having trouble keeping adrenaline even in mist of battle, esp in PvE. Most warriors are fine with losing adrenaline when we miss our burst skill. But the adrenaline out of combat has been too big of a nerf. Many of us has suggested giving a grace period before adrenaline goes on decay, something like 10 seconds. It would have solve the issue. But unfortunately it seems our voices aren’t being heard. The adrenaline decay also made a few of our traits less effective to completely useless. For example, our trait Thrill of the Kill , which states “gain adrenaline on kills”. Of course you can’t keep any of it, so that trait is effectively useless. Not to mention, warriors no longer can open up a fight with a burst skills so tactically warriors are limited. Rifle warriors got hit the hardest from this change as they no longer can snipe people with killshot.

I’m hoping the dev will revisit this issue. Warrior dps has been greatly affected by this change in pve, esp when we can’t carry Berserker power into the next enemy while in battle. It’s kind of sad when your character says “Gaining Adrenaline” or “Adrenaline rising..” when you are in fact losing it.

PvE and Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Many threads have complain about the adrenaline decay out of combat for those same reasons. Warriors are having trouble keeping adrenaline even in mist of battle, esp in PvE. Most warriors are fine with losing adrenaline when we miss our burst skill. But the adrenaline out of combat has been too big of a nerf. Many of us has suggested giving a grace period before adrenaline goes on decay, something like 10 seconds. It would have solve the issue. But unfortunately it seems our voices aren’t being heard. The adrenaline decay also made a few of our traits less effective to completely useless. For example, our trait Thrill of the Kill , which states “gain adrenaline on kills”. Of course you can’t keep any of it, so that trait is effectively useless. Not to mention, warriors no longer can open up a fight with a burst skills so tactically warriors are limited. Rifle warriors got hit the hardest from this change as they no longer can snipe people with killshot.

I’m hoping the dev will revisit this issue. Warrior dps has been greatly affected by this change in pve, esp when we can’t carry Berserker power into the next enemy while in battle. It’s kind of sad when your character says “Gaining Adrenaline” or “Adrenaline rising..” when you are in fact losing it.

I agree with the rest of you comments but I don’t see being unable to carry BP into the next fight as a bad thing.

Berserker’s Power is a plague. It promotes passive play and is so strong that it single-handedly pretty much relegated our class mechanic into uselessness. If anything, BP needs a nerf or needs to be replaced by something else.

PvE and Adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

you can still snipe if u want (but u pay the price, by loosing passive hp gain from healing signet)
point is that i traited myself for max adrenaline gain and all that s**t and it still sux…
wonder what nerf awaits us by the next corner ^^ (last step is disabling GS/axe )
they cut down our damage, boon duration and messed our adrenaline (and this is all told in a nutshell)…

’bout thrill of the kill trait y its useless now and it allways been (at least for me)
we should forget about 15% damage bonus/precision under the effects of adrenaline, at least until Anet wakes up( pray for it)

(edited by revox.8273)