[PvE build] The Invincible Berserker.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Hi all,
I have a L80 Guardian and Warrior so I built a large experience with meleeing.
A Warrior’s role is to be a mobile fighter capable to adapt to every situation, not die and deal gigantic amounts of DPS: this build achieves exactly this; if played correctly, it’s an extremely great class.
If you dislike those “tank” builds that deal no damage and yet won’t survive longer than this build, then you’ve opened the right thread.

As a rule of thumb there is no weapon setup that alone is capable of dealing with every single situation in the best way.
In order for your Warrior to be at 100% efficiency, you’ll sometimes have to swap from your Main set to another 2 sets when specific situations occurs: the Control set and the Mobility set.

Gear:
I find the best set to be Pow/Prec/Tou on armor and weapon (usually named Knight’s) with Divinity runes (12% crit dmg), Pow/Prec/CritDmg from jewels (36% crit damage).
This way you’re sitting on high toughness to prevent damage while also dealing extreme amounts of damage (208% damage crits) – probably the highest DPS obtainable in the game when also having great survivability.

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#11|9|11|65|3903|45|1890|0|0|0|0|20|1975|1846|0|30|1541|1535|1491|10|1513|0|0|10|1545|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Main set: Greatsword – Axe/Shield
This set is your main set to use for most situations, where you’re not required to apply strong control and meleeing is viable: it deals fearsome DPS.
Usage:
Stack vulnerability and build 25 might with your GS, using HB+WA, then switch to Axe for DPS and further vuln spam with Cyclone.
Time your Endure Pain right, keep FGJ up, and use SoS only when really needed (the passive endurance regen boost is great), use dodges properly and make correct use of Whirlwind Attack’s evade and Shield Block.
Don’t forget to thow your cripples on dangerous melee mobs.

Control set: Hammer – Mace/Mace
This set is needed when you face situations with a lot of trash mobs and you need to control them to prevent a wipe.
It’s not necessary to use if you have a Guardian who knows how to use Wards, but if you don’t then it’s your job to control mobs.
Usage:
Swap defence traits for Hammer & Mace traits.
Swap FGJ and SoS for Signet of Fury and Berserker Stance in order to build adrenaline fast and spam your profession skills for stun.
You’ll be swapping between Hammer and Maces as soon as all your skills are on CD; spread weakness, stuns and knockdowns.

Mobility set: Longbow – Sword/Warhorn
This set is used for those fights where you face frequent spikes and AoEs which prevent you and your team from effectively standing in melee for long.
Usage:
Swap the Tactics trait for Longbow range, and possibly the Arms traits for Deep Cuts and Blademaster.
Swap utilities for Signet of Fury, Berserker Stance, Frenzy; this is in order to spam Combustive shot, combo finish with Explosive shot into AoE might, apply Frenzy for autoattack’s combo finisher projectile burning when fire field is up.
It’s a good idea to periodically swap to your secondary set to spread Vigor, Swiftness on allies and Weakness on enemies; don’t be afraid to swap just to use Leap either, it can save your life or simply allow you to get back into the fight faster.

Attachments:

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

in Warrior

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

Did they buff Divinity back without telling me?
Also think it would be a good idea to add what type of content(WvW, SPvP, Dungeons etc.) you think what build is suitable for.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zoltan.1873

Zoltan.1873

Heru: It says “PVE Build” in the topic, so I imagine it’s for general PVE.

Red Falcon: I enjoyed your “berserker” build back in beta; thanks for sharing this updated version.

Member – The IMPERIUM of LaZy NATION [LaZy]
Crystal Desert
lazyimperium.com

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Yeah this is an updated version of that killer build, Zoltan.
Glad you enjoyed it back then!

The awesome of this build is that – apart from getting the best out of your Warrior – you can play 3 full weapon setups without respeccing.

Hope to see more invincible berserkers around

in Warrior

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

does fast hands currently still bugged?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ehnpi.7035

Ehnpi.7035

Red Falcon, what sigils do you use on your weapons?

in Warrior

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

when I read the title, I thought “oh no lol”, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ehnpi.7035

Ehnpi.7035

Its deceptively simple. The GS/A-S build is really solid, and the bow/S-WH is very effective as well. Still trying to figure out the hammer build, though. Haha.

in Warrior

Posted by: vlaka.2198

vlaka.2198

so what runes/sigils are used on weapons??

in Warrior

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

I would be interested in knowing more about this build as well, what sigils are used, maybe some expected end stats?

I like my sword/axe build but I’m interested in trying out a GS one (I havent even unlocked the gs skills yet)

Jade Quarry [TPA]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sheytan.9523

Sheytan.9523

So what kind of sigil is good to use on the weapons?

in Warrior

Posted by: dmitrycx.7465

dmitrycx.7465

well.. GS\A-S is what i currently run and enjoy really, though i run full glass, i understand that its only good for usual pve not high fotm.
but.
what is your build? fearsome DPS.. how?
you put 10 in tacticks and.. inspirring banners? isnt empowered much better?
9% of crit chance is lost, fast hands is lost. why?
attack of opportunity is awesome minor trait. target is almost 100% uptime is with bleed stacks.
i see how you can survive with all this defence. EP, passive EP, stances last longer. but how can you do a proper dps?

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

I give you props for putting a picture of the berserker class from SUN. It was considered an underrated class, but I played it anyways. After getting my elite axe (chicken leg) I rolled everyone. I missed that game, that game really required skill to play, and GvG warfare was so fun in the open world. Too bad it started getting sucky with all the crappy updates and ridiculous grind.

Edit: nice build, especially since not many warriors I know actually switch weapons based on situation except a few

in Warrior

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

0 pts in str => -22% dmg, -200 power
no 25 pts in arms => -10% dmg, -50 prec (2% crit chance)
no heightened focus => -9% crit chance
knight’s armor over berserker => more power and crit dmg loss

thanks but no thanks.

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

thanks but no thanks.

This build was actually from 5 months ago if you haven’t noticed.
Back then dungeons weren’t nerfed like now aka you couldn’t go full zerk faceroll mode as we currently, and this build was good due to the staying power and versatility (all weps traited) it offered.

I get it that now that Anet dumbed down content to the ground you guys blink at seeing a build without all the offensive traits, god forbid Anet leaves some challenge somewhere in the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shakezoola.8359

Shakezoola.8359

thanks but no thanks.

Back then dungeons weren’t nerfed like now aka you couldn’t go full zerk faceroll mode as we currently, and this build was good due to the staying power and versatility (all weps traited) it offered.

I get it that now that Anet dumbed down content to the ground you guys blink at seeing a build without all the offensive traits, god forbid Anet leaves some challenge somewhere in the game.

ur so hardcore

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

I remember seeing this build five months ago over on the Guild Wars 2 Guru forums… it wasn’t well received by many back then as well. Basically what I remember from that thread is that you endlessly ranted on about “shout healing wammo elitists” because there was criticism regarding your build.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

lol Props to Sheytan for necromancing a 5month old thread.

Thing is, it wasn’t a bad build at the time (when dungeons were quite a bit tougher than now.) I used something very similar to it when running AC and CM while I was leveling and I don’t know why peeps hated on it so much. Falcon did have a point, if you are running with people capable of removing conditions, especially if it’s people you play with often and you can count on them removing your cond, why would you spec in Vit and Cond. removal?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

I remember seeing this build five months ago over on the Guild Wars 2 Guru forums… it wasn’t well received by many back then as well. Basically what I remember from that thread is that you endlessly ranted on about “shout healing wammo elitists” because there was criticism regarding your build.

Actually this build was a PvE adaption of an old sPvP build I made in BWEs that got Evis and Brawn nerfed into the ground as it was OP.
Not sure if you were around those days, but the reason Brawn is now 1/2/3 and evis nerfed is because of this build’s sPvP version (which included bull+HB and secondary axe with pre-nerf sigil of doom+sigil of intelligence).

Some criticism came after the dumbing down of AC and other dungeons, and the first wave of shout-healing “warriors”, and infact we’ve seen how bad is shout healing in the new hard content which should tell you something about the weight of that criticism.

lol Props to Sheytan for necromancing a 5month old thread.

Thing is, it wasn’t a bad build at the time (when dungeons were quite a bit tougher than now.) I used something very similar to it when running AC and CM while I was leveling and I don’t know why peeps hated on it so much. Falcon did have a point, if you are running with people capable of removing conditions, especially if it’s people you play with often and you can count on them removing your cond, why would you spec in Vit and Cond. removal?

Nailed it!

Though I wouldn’t recommend this same build nowadays, it’s been 5 months and many traits were nerfed/buffed, content was toned down etc.

Currently I run 20/30/0/0/20 but I think I’ll switch to 20/20/0/10/20 when the Banner buff next patch.