PvE player Full Berz back from break, advice!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kut.7138

Kut.7138

Hi, I play a mix of open world meta/fractals and might start looking into raids. I’ve recently come back from about a 1.5 year break to my only level 80 (warrior) with full Berzerkers gear (mostly ascended, except a few pieces of exotic)

I am wondering what direction to take with the warr, reading up on the current meta, it seems all my Berz gear is now severely underpowered, which is a bit disheartening. I guess my best course of action would be to switch everything to Viper’s otherwise I will be gimping myself and my group, correct?

Thanks for the help!

in Warrior

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

expect being /kick, ppl asking to change ur to other alt or gear, currently power warr, is worse than a nongeared thiev. and get tons of rage.

in Warrior

Kut.7138

Yeah, I think I might boost a thief and shelf the warr for a while

in Warrior

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Thief might get thrown out of the meta soon too. Holosmith is giving it a run for its money on raw damage.

in Warrior

Kut.7138

Well, good thing I have another 80 boost coming my way lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

With PoF coming in under a month, I really wouldn’t put much effort into trying to go for Raids honestly. It might require you to gear differently when if PoF hits things might be different again.

Just stick with what you enjoy in Open World and Fractals, find a guild to play with that are not that meta focussed and just have fun playing what you enjoy.

Also, with rerolling thief, keep in mind that PoF thieves will probably be ranged only, bear that in mind when you make your descision on a new lvl 80

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

Yo!

Was in same boat about a month ago when I came back.
Was full berserk geared warrior 100% ascended.
Thing is, it’s not a great performer in terms of dps – but that is if you play the regular style.
What I noticed is, I went axe/axe and ditched tactics, str/disc/zerker with axe mastery.

Sitting at 250% crit dmg with extra ferocity from axe mastery. The damage is insane.
Maguma jungle veterans are dying in like 5seconds solo ofc.
Things die so fast, that with a condi build you’d actually be underperforming in open world and non-highendtier fractals and dungeons.
By the time the condis start ticking for damage, the monsters would be dead.

Condi warrior is GREAT dps, if your target lives long enough. So unless you doing very high fractals and raids, i’d not bother with it. Heck even if you do bother with it, it aint hard to shift the ascended items stats you have to viper and be what you can be.

What I noticed as a major issue to power dps warrior is the greatsword.
The autos are weak. only 100b and 3 does any dmg and they are stationary/able to miss easily. With axe/axe you’re a machine. The autos hit like a kitten truck.

in Warrior

ugrakarma.9416

Yo!

Was in same boat about a month ago when I came back.
Was full berserk geared warrior 100% ascended.
Thing is, it’s not a great performer in terms of dps – but that is if you play the regular style.
What I noticed is, I went axe/axe and ditched tactics, str/disc/zerker with axe mastery.

Sitting at 250% crit dmg with extra ferocity from axe mastery. The damage is insane.
Maguma jungle veterans are dying in like 5seconds solo ofc.
Things die so fast, that with a condi build you’d actually be underperforming in open world and non-highendtier fractals and dungeons.
By the time the condis start ticking for damage, the monsters would be dead.

Condi warrior is GREAT dps, if your target lives long enough. So unless you doing very high fractals and raids, i’d not bother with it. Heck even if you do bother with it, it aint hard to shift the ascended items stats you have to viper and be what you can be.

What I noticed as a major issue to power dps warrior is the greatsword.
The autos are weak. only 100b and 3 does any dmg and they are stationary/able to miss easily. With axe/axe you’re a machine. The autos hit like a kitten truck.

I recently got a GS build on par with the axe / axe, i will show when i came to home.

in Warrior

Kut.7138

I recently got a GS build on par with the axe / axe, i will show when i came to home.

Oh no, it’s been a couple days, I am beginning to worry that he never made it home

in Warrior

ugrakarma.9416

Oh no, it’s been a couple days, I am beginning to worry that he never made it home

oh i guessed it, but the good news, i tested it on frac T4, is great. i will post build soon.

in Warrior

ugrakarma.9416

So this is, Zerker Gear, Runes of Scholar, Sigils of Accuracy and Sigil of Strenght on GS.

I have been playing with Axe/Axe, but its lack of mobility, inst spammy Mighty as GS.

Also GS dont punish u for going on Defense traitline.

And dont care about “support”, u real support is surviving long enough doing decent damage.

Attachments:

in Warrior

ugrakarma.9416

i have both, full zerker Asc. and full viper Asc., all Warrior Weapons. When i have more time i will make a post demonstrating all warrior builds for New or Returning players: a) Power Axe/Axe; b) Power GS; c) Condi LB / Sword+Torch d) Hibrid Power-Condi GS/LB e) Hibrid Power-Condi Hammer.

in Warrior

Kut.7138

So this is, Zerker Gear, Runes of Scholar, Sigils of Accuracy and Sigil of Strenght on GS.

Thanks for this!

in Warrior

Posted by: DaniGiret.6924

DaniGiret.6924

I have been playing with Axe/Axe, but its lack of mobility, inst spammy Mighty as GS.

And dont care about “support”, u real support is surviving long enough doing decent damage.

what about the axe sigils?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahlen.9508

Vahlen.9508

……you just linked a build that might do what 7k dps? Get that junk outa of here

in Warrior

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

The “little bit more of mobility” that GS has doesn’t make up for the loss of DPS that it also has. The Axe/Axe damage is so much higher than GS, that no amount of mobility that GS may have makes it worth the cost.

in Warrior

Kut.7138

Thanks for the advice, I’ll def check out axe/axe.
Something like:
Str: 2-3-1
Disc: 2-3-1
Berz: 1-1-1
?

Any particular skills that your recommend? Sigils? Thanks!

(edited by Kut.7138)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mann.9678

Mann.9678

If you do end up changing pieces of gear, you can slap Berserker ascended pieces on to something like Guardian. Full berserk DragonHunter at the moment is really strong.

in Warrior

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I use a combination of berserker/assassin armor and trinkets. There are several runes and sigils that will work, I’m not particularly dogmatic about it. The cost has much to do with what I decide to use. I must say, though, that I only do open world pve, so I have no opinion about what to use in fractals and raids.

in Warrior

Kut.7138

Thanks for the tip, Axe/Axe is working much better for me than GS, and is much more enjoyable in open world PVE. And this is coming from a (previously) hardcore Great Sworder!

in Warrior

Posted by: DKRathalos.9625

DKRathalos.9625

Since this is quite discussion I might throw answer as well.. What about survivability?
Do we need like Certain number of Toughness and HP bar? let’s say we must have 20k HP with 1300 toughness?

Can someone help give advice and insight?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Since this is quite discussion I might throw answer as well.. What about survivability?
Do we need like Certain number of Toughness and HP bar? let’s say we must have 20k HP with 1300 toughness?

In PvE, if making a Power build, you should be in full Berserker’s gear, with no additional vitality or toughness.

in Warrior

Posted by: DKRathalos.9625

DKRathalos.9625

In PvE, if making a Power build, you should be in full Berserker’s gear, with no additional vitality or toughness.

Ah ok then so it is really safe like that for Pve? Thanks a lot.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Haired Savage.5430

Red Haired Savage.5430

Ah ok then so it is really safe like that for Pve? Thanks a lot.

For PvE yes.

Isle of Janthir
Norn Warrior #nornmodeisbestmode

in Warrior

Kut.7138

I’ve been finding it easier to start off with full Berz gear, and then just change my spec as needed. Since you can freely change your spec for more damage or survivability (toughness) as needed, compared to farming/carrying around more sets a gear, it is simply more convenient.