[PvP] Cele Shielded Shoutbow

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Hey guys. So, as we’ve found, the patch has changed a lot of things that we were familiar with. I personally feel like the patch has been a superb boon to the game overall. Lots of people are changing their playstyles to adapt to things. In regards to shoutbow, as others have found, it is much harder to sustain with the previous meta iteration of the build. I think one reason for this is because Shoutbow doesn’t inherently have an active invulnerability that synergizes with the build. It could be argued that Fear Me is an invuln, but the enemy is geared to the teeth to counter it, more than likely. I think shield makes much more sense in the build with this growing meta.

Using shield does come at the sacrifice of not offering the party-wide condi clears and the party Swiftness and Vigor. But having an active invuln allows us to go deeper into offensive abilities. You also gain access to the stun on shield, which is great for interrupting low targets that are trying to heal in team fights. In addition, you gain some might stacking capability. If you throw down Combustive Shot then swap to shield before a large burst, your burns can start hurting really fast – unless of course you face someone with unblock-able attacks. Check: Unblockable

The build offers a lot of synergy thanks to the beautiful craftsmanship of our new traits, so try it out guys and see what you think. You play it pretty much the same as the previous glorious shoutbow build, now just efficiently weaving the shield skills into your rotations. Maybe I just got some really consistent sPvP teams that made the build seem strong. Build

in Warrior

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

Looks fun will try tonight. Curious why you’re running sword over axe, and wondering if you tried leech or battle over int.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

To be honest I hadn’t really tried axe with it yet. I chose sword because of the overall utility it allows with spiking a mobility and such. As for the leeching sigil I haven’t tried it either outside of Settler Shoutbow. For Cele I think intelli sigil makes sense because Final Thrust hits quite hard with it. Any insights you could give with this build or any other shoutbow build would be great. Trying to absorb everything.

in Warrior

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

Yea, thinking about trade off between sword and axe depends on playstyle and situational <pvp vs wvw specifically>. I could definitely see how the swords mobility can be a great damage mitigation. If you do try axe I’d actually swap energy for battle/leech and trade geomancy for energy on your bow if that works for you. At least that way you’d get minimum 5 might per LB swap assuming you hit your burst with it, and with axe building adren won’t be hard. Keeping the axe 3 you got your immon AND you get you’re evic all with the int sig you have a nice wombo combo. Even with the shield you have another set-up. The thing here is you swap mobility for a decent hit. Then again you have FT so sword might be best here.

Cele stats generally are used for might stacking builds. Since you aren’t really optimizing stacking with this build is why I suggest battle sigil, but swapping geomancy for energy or moving things around you can still keep intel and paralyzation and have an extra might stack come in. Going the cele route it might be useful to take hoelbrak or strength. You should be able to maintain 15+ might easily AND the fire shield which you should be triggering every time will give you more might EDIT:<shield off of evic and shield bash>. Probably strength since the -condi by itself isn’t useful unless you’re going wvw with -condi foods. This suggestion plays on the cele might stacking route if that’s something you need.

I have tried this myself, but the shout heal as far as I know isn’t affected by solider runes, however it is affected by the grandmaster trait. If you feel you can mitigate enough damage by dodge/kite/shield I’d suggest taking that for more adrenaline if you aren’t happy with amount you get, but keep in mind this shout does have a cast time.

(edited by jadaniel.4910)