[PvP]Will anyone compete with Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Hey guys
For the PvPers, will any of you be brave enough to compete on the League with Warrior?
I’m personally not sure yet, because it is really risky, but is one of my favourite classes.

I’m going with either Warrior or DragonHunter, I can go with both but I’m actually going to try to go with one class only. It will be a fun challenge

So anyone crazy enough to do it?

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Snaffled.3298

Snaffled.3298

Yes only play warrior. Don’t care if I get farmed. 60%wr

(edited by Snaffled.3298)

in Warrior

Posted by: The Not so Evil Overlord.6305

The Not so Evil Overlord.6305

I absolutely intend to take my Warrior into ranked arena. I always have in the past, and I have no intention of stopping. Will I play Warrior exclusively? No. But that’s because I have fun with my Necro’s build. I have fun with my Engi’s build. I have fun with my Guard’s build. And I want to get better with my Mesmer. But I will mostly play my Warrior? Absolutely. It’s been my main since the beginning, and I want to continue to get better with it.
There’s also a case of professional pride. Some people upon seeing some of the advantages other classes have over Warriors, shift over to other classes, and are just frustrated that their Warrior isn’t as good. Me? I just take the route of “Okay, I have the shorter end of the stick here. Now excuse me while I still win with this.”
Is it possible I’ll lose more than I’ll win? It’s definitely possible. Will that stop me from learning from my defeats? Will that stop me from playing my favorite class, at the most competitive level that I can manage? Absolutely not.

Egbert the Erudite, of Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Professional Pride, I’ll be doing it. Going straight to Obsidian Rank as Warrior.

…If we don’t get a balance patch at Season Launch, this will be a fun couple of weeks.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

I absolutely intend to take my Warrior into ranked arena. I always have in the past, and I have no intention of stopping. Will I play Warrior exclusively? No. But that’s because I have fun with my Necro’s build. I have fun with my Engi’s build. I have fun with my Guard’s build. And I want to get better with my Mesmer. But I will mostly play my Warrior? Absolutely. It’s been my main since the beginning, and I want to continue to get better with it.
There’s also a case of professional pride. Some people upon seeing some of the advantages other classes have over Warriors, shift over to other classes, and are just frustrated that their Warrior isn’t as good. Me? I just take the route of “Okay, I have the shorter end of the stick here. Now excuse me while I still win with this.”
Is it possible I’ll lose more than I’ll win? It’s definitely possible. Will that stop me from learning from my defeats? Will that stop me from playing my favorite class, at the most competitive level that I can manage? Absolutely not.

Love this! I like your spirit

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, the advantage of playing warrior is that if you end up tanking your rating, you can just blame your class!

/half-kidding

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Imagine the sheer amounts of hate you’ll get from your team mates for playing a Warrior! kitten , I can feel the burn already.

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Well, unless there are some serious balance changes today, I’ll probably be sticking to unranked anyways. In the 3 years I’ve been playing, this is my least favorite meta and I can’t say I enjoy any of the ‘good’ builds that actually succeed right now.

edit Patch notes came in. No balance patch. Looks like I got my answer. Either unranked or no PvP…starting to think the latter is the better option.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

To be fair, I didn’t expect ANet to drop a meta-shattering balance patch right as the season started. Esports LOL.

Still disappointing that Warrior suffers another patch without a single token change. Not even a measly bug-fix.

in Warrior

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

yea why not? i only really have problems when i get queued against the pro players cause their team comp is usually better and way more organized, but other than that you should be able to be fine in solo q

edit: nvm i don’t think theres soloq in leagues oh well pray a balance patch comes soon

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

(edited by Barret.4095)

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

To be fair, I didn’t expect ANet to drop a meta-shattering balance patch right as the season started. Esports LOL.

Still disappointing that Warrior suffers another patch without a single token change. Not even a measly bug-fix.

Well, that hasn’t stopped them in the past, at least with big name tournament series.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Id love to, but unless I can queue with reliable team mates, it’s disheartening to be left to carry the team on a berserker -_-u

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Yes, of course.

If you thought we were called Warriors because we had a weapon in our hands you were wrong.

We’re Warriors because in times of hardship like these our best thrive. A good Warrior can still intimidate opponents. An amazing Warrior demands both fear and respect, more so than ever at this moment.

Bring it on, lads.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

warrior is not that weak..i’ve been winning my ranked games already

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

Looking at our options, it’s probably wise to end up mastering a few different build roles on the Warrior to actually advance properly.

ZerkAxe, BurnBruiser, maybe even toss in a Gunflame here and there (least till some actual PvP names show up).

It’s not impossible, there’s a lot of bad players playing right now, it’s kinda RNG which side gets hit harder with them though.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, of course.

If you thought we were called Warriors because we had a weapon in our hands you were wrong.

We’re Warriors because in times of hardship like these our best thrive. A good Warrior can still intimidate opponents. An amazing Warrior demands both fear and respect, more so than ever at this moment.

Bring it on, lads.

Someone’s been watching a bit too much Braveheart, lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

Leagues yes, tournaments no. Switched to reaper to compete but warrior is my main.

Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Yes, of course.

Bring it on, lads.

Someone’s been watching a bit too much Braveheart, lol.

I am from the UK, it is just in my culture.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

can anet get more ridiculous or this is not even their final form yet? constant chill +, reaper form pulsing 3 stack of stability while our zerk form only 1 stack? seriously? DD jumping around like monkeys with evades + stealth while scrapper running around with a hammer, hammering people like nails in the wall… not to mention their reflection and evasion and shrinking abilities… lets not even touch on the pvp god class mesmers
wheres my so called “balance patch”? anet some answers please?

(edited by EvilHero.1248)

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

Got into Emrald, was playing mostly solo on Chrono and not having good luck with my teams. Decided to go with Berserker figuring that, since class makes no difference, I could play anything until I get a good string of teams.

Have some ups and downs playing zerkerberker, get to two pips then end up facing a full 5 man solo vs 5 man premade. We win the match for +3 pips, get into next tier.

Priceless :D

in Warrior

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

well warrior is bad in pvp ad sec becous all other class have to many surv skills and warrior is only good in wvw and pve but in pvp it realy realy is lead down becous i soo this coming when the told us abut headbutt i soo it it was bad

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

well warrior is bad in pvp ad sec becous all other class have to many surv skills and warrior is only good in wvw and pve but in pvp it realy realy is lead down becous i soo this coming when the told us abut headbutt i soo it it was bad

Meh. In my experience it depends on what you’re facing. I can either destroy them and my team capitalizes on it, or they destroy my team and I can’t do anything to help :D

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Play condi war and start collecting tears.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Play condi war and start collecting tears.

Lol I’ve been collecting a lot of Reaper tears recently on my berserker greataxe warrior it’s hilarious. Heatbutt→into zerker mode→decapitate→swap to gs + hydro sigil with 100b all before the stun ends wrecks them so bad. I’ve killed quite a few before they got time to even pop reaper shroud or when they popped it they had 10-15% hp. The hate I got is hilarious.

It’s still very possible to manage on a warrior but way less faceroll than any of the other elites, and tbh I feel like the only role we can fill now is a squishy roaming DPS where you want to blow the guy up fast and get out fast (gunflame is quite good at that despite the fact that it gets rekt when under focus most of the time) because once your stances are on CD you’re in a bad spot especially if you haven’t managed to put considerable pressure on them. I mean we don’t have the inherent tankiness of any of the other most played elites nor do we have the same point holding potential, that’s a bit of a problem in conquest. I mean a medi trapper DH/scrapper/reaper can stall on a point for A LONG time regardless of whether or not the fight is in their favor.

Tbh nowadays I just like to take a few hours and just queue unranked stronghold, makes for some more interesting plays than having to constantly walk on my toes when going near a point in fear of DH traps or having to face vuln, chill and poison stacking reapers.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Hey guys
For the PvPers, will any of you be brave enough to compete on the League with Warrior?
I’m personally not sure yet, because it is really risky, but is one of my favourite classes.

I’m going with either Warrior or DragonHunter, I can go with both but I’m actually going to try to go with one class only. It will be a fun challenge

So anyone crazy enough to do it?

I have two berserkers I play a lot, they can be potent but similar to a lot of builds, requires a more organized team now than ever.

The meta has shifted into being super bunkery, we have healing tempest, druids, bunker chronos, reapers, scrappers, other than DH and Rev most are bunkers and make it difficult.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Been soloqing with my war and mes, up to emerald tier 2 now, and it’s been a blast, I have way more fun on my war, and as others have said, there’s an amount of pride you get playing a class that isn’t considered OP against classes that are, and win.
Ive yet to get any complaints from either side though lol, which I think is a good thing.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I’ve played a full CC Warrior build with Soldiers (Hammer, Sword+Shield) and managed to collect more wins than losses. I think I went 7-3 overall. It is completely trash 1v1 but in teamfights it is great for denying resses, locking down opponents .

However as a bunker, reapers, chronos, scrappers, revenants, tempests, druids and guardians all do it better. That’s pretty much every class except thief lol.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I only use warrior for unranked and sometimes for 1v1-servers.
In ranked we have a great winrate and got rank 8 in guild lb at the moment.And I can promise you that this defintly wouldn’t be possible if anyone of us would have played warrior – warrior is just too bad and cripples your team.

sad but true

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

We are hopeless
I’m trying but in Ranked is getting impossible to play Warrior for me, and I only have found sucess in scaling up with my DH

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Warrior is terrible in PvE. The top 5 professions in 99% of Pve content currently are
1) Team quickness.
2) Spotter/assassin presence
3) Break bar proficiency
4) Alacrity
5) Large hit boxes multi hitting.

Warrior provides only one of these, and is a very far second place to staff ele. Mesmer is the most demanded profession. DPS mules just aren’t needed currently and even without a PS/EA warrior a team can maintain 20+ stacks of might and 100% fury up time. Warrior is not needed anymore to maintain DPS benchmarks..they are especially not needed or wanted in higher level fractals.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Warrior is terrible in PvE. The top 5 professions in 99% of Pve content currently are
1) Team quickness.
2) Spotter/assassin presence
3) Break bar proficiency
4) Alacrity
5) Large hit boxes multi hitting.

Warrior provides only one of these, and is a very far second place to staff ele. Mesmer is the most demanded profession. DPS mules just aren’t needed currently and even without a PS/EA warrior a team can maintain 20+ stacks of might and 100% fury up time. Warrior is not needed anymore to maintain DPS benchmarks..they are especially not needed or wanted in higher level fractals.

So 180 precision or ferocity is good, but 180 power and/or 75% uptime on 170 power, precision, ferocity and condition damage isn’t worth it?

Or were you saying that scorched earth doesn’t multi-hit?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I started 4 days ago, and I’m halfway through sapphire solo q with a warrior. I think most people are just bad, and it isn’t targeted at warriors but just everyone in general. They need a easy class to carry them and can’t play well enough to carry on a warrior.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

I started 4 days ago, and I’m halfway through sapphire solo q with a warrior. I think most people are just bad, and it isn’t targeted at warriors but just everyone in general. They need a easy class to carry them and can’t play well enough to carry on a warrior.

Impressive, but I have to disgree.
I’m half-way through sapphire too, and till now, only lost one game that the enemy team had a Warrior. I most been playing with DH and now Rev, and I felt it too. Team fights where there is more than 1 DH are impossible, you cannot maintain any stability to attack, then come the blinds and blocks…

I’ve played some games with Warrior, and got the archivements of the League with him, but gotta say it’s painful to watch, I felt carried every single win

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

You must really not be very good on warrior then and you sound like you need a DH or Rev to carry you both easy mode. . It’s most of the time people are on the ground because I either put them there or I was the largest contributing factor at putting them there and rarely do I lose 1v1s when holding points, even to DHs.

Usually Classes like DH, Rev, Engi, Mes get downed because of me when I show up and pop unblockables.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

You can pop 6 secs unblockables every 25 secs, it isn’t much when you have at least one of each of those classes in most comps… A lot of times more than one
I know that I’m not hte best n Warrior but I allways managed well, this is the first meta I’ve been strugling with, and I’m not the only one

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

Okay I sure will
One question, why Hoelbrak runes? Won’t the might stacking be a lot less significant without GS trait?

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

well. You gain might when you enter berserk mode if it is by using headbutt then breaking the stun with F2 it’s a long might like 12 seconds. , and you gain stability and might when you break a stun. You gain 2 might when you swap weapons and you gain the might on hit from the rune. basically you can have like 5-10 might I know its little but there isn’t much better rune.

You dont take dogged march with this build the added -20% condi duration helps you.

This rune is a power based rune also, so it helps you hit harder.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

well. You gain might when you enter berserk mode if it is by using headbutt then breaking the stun with F2 it’s a long might like 12 seconds. , and you gain stability and might when you break a stun. You gain 2 might when you swap weapons and you gain the might on hit from the rune. basically you can have like 5-10 might I know its little but there isn’t much better rune.

You dont take dogged march with this build the added -20% condi duration helps you.

This rune is a power based rune also, so it helps you hit harder.

I know the point of the Rune, but usually -20% don’t make much, it’s either the rune and the trait or none, because if it is for the might I may as well try Strength and maintain my might longer and hit harder in the process.

-20% condi duration barely makes a thing…, sad but true

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

str or pack work. Not sure the 5% is needed u hit pretty hard as is.

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

Been on and off with SPvP, floating between Engi and Warrior competitively.

Decided to try out a build recommended by a solid source, won the last 10 pips for Emerald to reach Sapphire tonight with it on my Warrior.

Honestly, Durability Runes are way too good.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

Been on and off with SPvP, floating between Engi and Warrior competitively.

Decided to try out a build recommended by a solid source, won the last 10 pips for Emerald to reach Sapphire tonight with it on my Warrior.

Honestly, Durability Runes are way too good.

Mind to share? I really miss my Warrior for PvP

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I tried durability I’m not really impressed, Unless its some kinda bunker build, then like I don’t see why bunker mesmer ranger anything is better.

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

It’s essentially GreatAxe with Durability, Marauder, Str/Def/Disc. Endure Pain and Signet of Might are interchangable depending on how much block the other team has, but what I have noticed is a profound amount of cleave pressure, and the universal boon procs from the set are always welcome, especially protection.

My general feel after playing it is that it is fairly mobile and an excellent +1 to float between points or decap. The shield and stances make for a fairly decent psuedo bunker but that’s not the intent of it.

It’s nothing new though, I’ll probably hit a limit with it, flip over to scrapper for a time, and get a feel on what my queue opponents are like before flipping back.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”