Quick and Dirty Healing Suggestions

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m pretty disappointed that all we’re getting is a slight revert to Healing Signet and just a numbers buff to “To the Limit,” rather than functionality changes. While these suggestions might not be optimal, they generally draw from mechanics already in the game and thus would be easier to implement than something totally new.

Healing Signet: Greatly reduce the passive heal. Activating the Signet pulses healing like Troll Unguent. Maybe keep the Resistance just so that it isn’t hardcountered by poison (Rangers have easy ways to deal with it with Evasive Purity). To differentiate it, maybe have it pulse for more healing per second but for a shorter duration. The overall healing per second should be about the same to the soon-to-be-un-nerfed HS, but this version would be more skill based and more importantly gives more power to the player. It would also let Warriors use Runes that have effects that activate on heal use and makes Restorative Strength more useful.

“To the Limit!”: having this heal fill your Adrenaline seems to clash with the fact that Vigorous Shouts already gives you Adren on Shout use. Why not remove that and make it give more AoE Endurance than it currently does? It’s less selfish and helps you avoid damage in addition to healing. The currently proposed healing increase seems good as is.

Mending: Make it a Physical Skill. When traited that means it will have a 16 second CD. If you wanted to do something interesting, maybe lower the base heal but make it be effected the “damage boost” based on Adrenaline level but make it heal more based on that level. it would have to have the base lowered because a 8kish heal on a 16 sec CD is a bit nuts.

Defiant Stance: While they removed instant cast from Facet of Light, this heal will be the only one a Warrior will be bringing if they use it so I think it does deserve to be instant. Either that, or at least up the initial heal a little bit.

Blood Reckoning: This seems like no matter what you do it might not be good, but I do like the idea of it increasing Crit Chance. Keep that, but since Berserker is heavily focused around being hybrid, it should heal for a % of condition damage too. A longer duration (8 seconds?) wouldn’t hurt either. Not sure if that would be OP in PvE though.

I’m not sure if any devs are actively checking this class forum, but if they are, many of us are sick of being tied to the same healing skill no matter what build we have. “To The Limit” might see some use, but the fact that skills like Mending have been useless since practically launch is just crazy to me.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Until we get the full patch notes, we won’t know the extent of this “sustain” buff. The 40% buff to “To the Limit!” is nice and all, but I doubt it will matter to most builds, unless the nerf to Vigorous Shouts is also softened/reverted. I don’t think anyone has run a serious shout build since before the June 23 patch.

You’re right on Mending, of course. They promised they would make it a Physical skill before June 23, and they reneged hard after that update dropped. I think Mending would be a solid, viable healing option to actually compete with Healing Signet if it got a bonus from Peak Performance, but we shall see…

If anything, the reversion of the nerf to Healing Signet seems like they’re willing to take the easy way out, double down on a broken meta, and take the path of least resistance to “balance” at every opportunity. From what we’ve seen, this will be the most uncreative, number-tweaking effort at “balance” known to man.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

TBH in this current meta, i never used HS as a healing skill but as a 6s Resistance on 20s cooldown skill.

With the sheer amount of condi spam going on, a single weakness can kitten up your damage, so I prefer the current HS.

For mending, I lost faith in Anet for this one

but we really need more Resistance for warrior, as i suggested for Peak Performance to give resistance when activating a Physical skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

No worries, they’ll make the cds a little lower because you’re going get interrupted by still the onslaught of cc’s the enemies throw out and the insane amount of conditions. Notice nothing in the changes say they are lowering the amount of aoe dps/cc every class spits out except thieves?
They seriously do not give 2 kittens about warrior class. Just stick to pve and reroll to something in pvp. Warriors burnzerk got nerfed so your only role in pve is just to be banner kitten and might giver. I just wish A-Net can just let the community know how much they hate the class so we can all just abandon it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

The could make blood reckoning a passive heal similar to ele signet where you heal as you do damage and then when you proc it, it has a different effect. Say, breaks stun and heals for 5k or something.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle