RIP Gun Flame

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

20% less damage, doesn’t pierce, hits for a whopping 7K if you go full glass. There’s no point in running this over the condition build in SPvP now.

It was fun while it lasted, but without piercing there isn’t much hope for Rifle even if you try for the Viper gimmick.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

i like it, nerfin speci buffin old traitlines. More of this on all classes.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I really wish they’d boost rifle normal skill DPS to accommodate the loss of Gunflame’s ridiculous power.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I really wish they’d boost rifle normal skill DPS to accommodate the loss of Gunflame’s ridiculous power.

Agreed. Or a combination of returning the damage lost plus more utility.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Not gonna lie, I’m a bit miffed.

I liked rifle even before the elite spec (although I knew it was underperforming) and when berserker came out, it brought fun to the build. Granted, Gunflame needed a nerf, I think they just took all the fun out of this weapon.

Why doesn’t it pierce while every other skill pierces by default? And if you take away the pierce, why nerf the damage? They should have just fixed the bug of the skill hitting twice and either:
1. Remove the piercing and raise the base damage.
2. Lower the damage but keep the piercing to retain weapon continuity.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The main problem with Rifle is how weak the autoattack is since they removed the bleed. They need to just go ahead and add it back without even nerfing the damage buff they did.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

RIP indeed. Especially to those of us that finished the leggie rifle just for Gunflame. It was a fun few months for sure.

Gunflame is officially weaker than Rev hammer 2 skill, “Coalescence of Ruin” now. The damage nerf was bad enough, but now that it doesn’t even pierce, it’s like an emasculated Killshot. The only advantage now is the projectile velocity. The AOE doesn’t even trigger when the main shot gets blocked, evaded, blinded, etc.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

We all knew thsi was coming. I don’t see the point in crying about it. Personally i thought Gunflame was stupidly overpowered for one skill. It was a gimick that got popular for lack of any other options. . Be thankful you now have some sustain

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

We all knew thsi was coming. I don’t see the point in crying about it. Personally i thought Gunflame was stupidly overpowered for one skill. It was a gimick that got popular for lack of any other options. . Be thankful you now have some sustain

So do i but then why remove the pierce effect?
Its our Burst skill that now doesnt even pierce.. while many other normal skills on other classes does pierce.
Btw even True shot still pierce… < this skill was nerfed for the same reason in WvW but why only nerf gunflame 2 times?

I also dont like that there is no compensation on the AA, look at Longbow AA > 33%!!

What i also dont like is that ANET mentioned that rifle is all about Killshot/gunflame and volley. so most dmg is in those 2 skills. then they nerf it hard..

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

We still needed it as a role in zerg fights. I expected it to be gone completely once we got more roles in zerg fights to replace it. Instead we didn’t get any new roles and gunflame was been effectively removed. The changes to gunflame came premature to say the least.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

What ? Now you need to hit em twice instead of once..Dmg,im fine with.The piercing removal however, Terrible terrible change.You already removed pierce from crackshot,and now you leave us with no piercing besides volley.

Do you know this game mode called WVW ANET ?

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Honestly, the damage seems fine still. Yes, no more crazy 10-15k hits, but being able to take Signet of Might and have an unblockable AoE interrupt that deals good damage. Maybe if they had it do a bit of bonus damage if you interrupt them and that would get it down to a 10% nerf.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Honestly, the damage seems fine still. Yes, no more crazy 10-15k hits, but being able to take Signet of Might and have an unblockable AoE interrupt that deals good damage. Maybe if they had it do a bit of bonus damage if you interrupt them and that would get it down to a 10% nerf.

I feel the same way. Good move on damage, but the piercing change was a mistake.

I wonder if it was the product of trying to remove the double hit rather than something they genuinely felt needed to be toned down. As in, if not removing the piercing would entail a far more complicated fix. After all, Kill Shot didn’t lose the piercing.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I feel the same way. Good move on damage, but the piercing change was a mistake.

I wonder if it was the product of trying to remove the double hit rather than something they genuinely felt needed to be toned down. As in, if not removing the piercing would entail a far more complicated fix. After all, Kill Shot didn’t lose the piercing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the change was simply because they couldn’t figure out how to stop the double hit bug.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Agree, they cant fix stuff like this (tons of bugs gets ignored or even keeps coming back) so yeah i guess your right that the pierce effect somehow did a double hit in a rare situation… so boem remove pierce and be done with it…
LAME! only 1 skill pierces now, what a joke..

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If it was due to pierce happening,then why does it never happen on a volley ?

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

If it was due to pierce happening,then why does it never happen on a volley ?

Volley doesn’t have an aoe explosion on it.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i think the reduction in damage is a move in the right direction. you now need more skills to play a gunflame and not just a one-trick-though-effective-pony that combos stun/immobilize with gunflame which usually kills the opponent outright in one hit when used at around 60-70% HP. You now need to land at least 2 gunflames usually for a kill or use gunflame to burst your opponent at a more appropriate timing. Instead of just spamming gunflames and hoping one lands to KO your opponent.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Please bring the pierce back at least.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Watch as the price of Legendary weapons go up, except for the Predator.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I would not mind the pierce coming back

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Are most of the posters here upset because of the loss of pierce in choke points or on walls? Damage is still decent and you can still melee and kite with a aoe burst…so really doesn’t seem all that changed tbh other than killing clusters in zergs.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Yeah, but pets, clones, and critters block it too. That’s tough for a signature burst.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

I actually don’t mind the loss of the Pierce on the attack. Gunflame has an explosive AoE – it didn’t really need the vector AoE as well.

I also don’t mind that they nerfed the damage to be weaker base than Killshot – Gunflame is so much more spammable, it deals sustained AoE damage. And you have the Berserk benefits on it as well.

I just wish they’d buffed the other skills so that it sustained similar DPS, just spread out more.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Brent.1580

Brent.1580

While the gunflame F1 damage nerf is reasonable, the lack of additional utility / damage across the the rest of the skills makes this spec much less desirable.

What if we just ditched the rifle #2 “aimed shot” skill? i always found it very boring, and just another shot with minor conditions tacked on. We could bake it’s effects into the auto and #3 skill and add some additional damage/support to #3. This would leave the #2 skill open for some much need survivability. I also always felt the #4 skill could start the evade nearly immediately when you fire the immob – there is too much delay at the moment to use it like a 3rd dodge reactively.

It would look something like this:

Rifle skill #1 (Fierce Shot): Now also applies 1 stack of vuln for 6 to 8 seconds. *(if using volley/gunflame as well, your target might sit at 3-6 stacks of vuln from autos.

Rifle skill #2 (Barricade): Drop an immoveable barricade with 25k health in front of you (maybe half the width of an ele’s staff earth skill #4) that blocks enemy fire, but let’s the warrior fire over it. Lasts 15 seconds or until health is depleted. 30 second CD. Enemies cannot run through it / stops leaps/charges toward the warrior. Possibly add a rifle trait to blow it up for a knockback?

Rifle skill #3 (Volley) : The first of the five shots applies 5 seconds of cripple. The remaining 4 shots give 5 seconds of Might to the warrior and allies in 300 range per shot. This would give a small damage boost to Volley, and a small amount of support. We could also move the “gain bonus adren on vulnerable targets” to Volley, now that the auto applies vuln.

Rifle skill #4 (Brutal shot): The evade now starts immediately when shooting the immob. The skill also now rolls back 600 distance.

Rifle skill #5 (Rifle Butt): This might be perfect. But maybe if it was unblockable – it’d be great to knock those revs out of hibernation.

Anyway, just trying to add some more utility and survivability into rifle… it’s a fun spec and playstyle, but since the burst damage is toned down, we need to up it’s utility to make gunflame remain a viable spec! Also – making extra skills fun rather than mundane does so much for a spec. Anyway, lemme know if you like the ideas.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

While the gunflame F1 damage nerf is reasonable, the lack of additional utility / damage across the the rest of the skills makes this spec much less desirable.

What if we just ditched the rifle #2 “aimed shot” skill? i always found it very boring, and just another shot with minor conditions tacked on. We could bake it’s effects into the auto and #3 skill and add some additional damage/support to #3. This would leave the #2 skill open for some much need survivability. I also always felt the #4 skill could start the evade nearly immediately when you fire the immob – there is too much delay at the moment to use it like a 3rd dodge reactively.

It would look something like this:

Rifle skill #1 (Fierce Shot): Now also applies 1 stack of vuln for 6 to 8 seconds. *(if using volley/gunflame as well, your target might sit at 3-6 stacks of vuln from autos.

Rifle skill #2 (Barricade): Drop an immoveable barricade with 25k health in front of you (maybe half the width of an ele’s staff earth skill #4) that blocks enemy fire, but let’s the warrior fire over it. Lasts 15 seconds or until health is depleted. 30 second CD. Enemies cannot run through it / stops leaps/charges toward the warrior. Possibly add a rifle trait to blow it up for a knockback?

Rifle skill #3 (Volley) : The first of the five shots applies 5 seconds of cripple. The remaining 4 shots give 5 seconds of Might to the warrior and allies in 300 range per shot. This would give a small damage boost to Volley, and a small amount of support. We could also move the “gain bonus adren on vulnerable targets” to Volley, now that the auto applies vuln.

Rifle skill #4 (Brutal shot): The evade now starts immediately when shooting the immob. The skill also now rolls back 600 distance.

Rifle skill #5 (Rifle Butt): This might be perfect. But maybe if it was unblockable – it’d be great to knock those revs out of hibernation.

Anyway, just trying to add some more utility and survivability into rifle… it’s a fun spec and playstyle, but since the burst damage is toned down, we need to up it’s utility to make gunflame remain a viable spec! Also – making extra skills fun rather than mundane does so much for a spec. Anyway, lemme know if you like the ideas.

I’d prefer it if they replace 4 with that ‘barricade’ skill. I absolutely loathe the added dodge on 4 because it knocks me out of position, takes too long to activate the dodge, and also generally knocks me out of range as well. If I wanted to dodge, I’d hit the dodge key.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Kamsin.8541

Kamsin.8541

remove the pierce = remove gun flame…

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

The dmg nerf is absolutely justifiable but the piercing effect should be restored. The biggest weakness of rifle is that you have little cleave, even if gunflame pierced.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

It’s incredibly dumb that gunflame did more damage and was easier to connect than Eviscerate. It’s still good as a hybrid attack if you take advantage of the burn.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Rifle 4 was better back when you could chose whether to roll back or not by jumping. Maybe in some PvE situations it is annoying but it was way better for PvP: it increased the already low skill cap and was useful for chasing people. Across the game more skills should behave differently when jumping IMO.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Are most of the posters here upset because of the loss of pierce in choke points or on walls? Damage is still decent and you can still melee and kite with a aoe burst…so really doesn’t seem all that changed tbh other than killing clusters in zergs.

Yeah, mostly upset about the loss of piercing. The damage nerf was pretty substantial, but the removal of piercing totally destroyed the skill. With correct positioning you could line up double or triple kills in WvW.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

Yeah, mostly upset about the loss of piercing. The damage nerf was pretty substantial, but the removal of piercing totally destroyed the skill. With correct positioning you could line up double or triple kills in WvW.

That’s the job of Killshot (Which frankly needs its cast time reduced), not Gunflame, IMO. Let the bursts be different. Gunflame is for blowing up stacked groups of enemies.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: SURPRISE ATTACK.9026

SURPRISE ATTACK.9026

The sad part is that I will continue to use Gun Flame in PvP. Why? Because it’s the only viable way to burst with a Rifle(aside from rifle 3), and I like Rifle Warrior. ANet is so seriously out of touch if they think people actually use Kill Shot outside of giant zergs where no one is paying attention.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to agree with above, the damage reduction ok, but not the pierce. Without the pierce any class with pets can not easy hide in it own masses.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

That’s the job of Killshot (Which frankly needs its cast time reduced), not Gunflame, IMO. Let the bursts be different. Gunflame is for blowing up stacked groups of enemies.

agree. ks piercing, gunflame blow up. Then you get a reson for using ks.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: SURPRISE ATTACK.9026

SURPRISE ATTACK.9026

agree. ks piercing, gunflame blow up. Then you get a reson for using ks.

Except there’s no reason to ever use KS outside of a giant zerg because of its ridiculous cast time. Besides, the main problem with GF now isn’t the lack of pierce. It’s the nerfed physical damage.

Of course, whoever came up with the very unimaginative Berserker spec line is obsessed with keeping Burn in play for Warriors, so instead of removing condition damage from a weapon that deals no damaging conditions except for it’s Primal Burst, they reduce its physical damage.

Brilliant.

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Except there’s no reason to ever use KS outside of a giant zerg because of its ridiculous cast time.

Minor Sigil of Agility + Sigil of Intelligence = not unreasonable KS. I also pair my KS War with Daredevil Runes when I don’t have to swap to get those guaranteed crits.

Fishsticks

RIP Gun Flame

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

If KS is suppose to pierce and GF AOE, then up the AOE range.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.