Race specific utilities - Humans are weak?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Warriors:

Okay so I don’t want to hear that race specific skill slots are all useless and it doesn’t matter. This is an objective analysis on human skill slots vs the other races. Whether they are all terribad is irrelevant, it’s a comparative analysis. This will be mainly directed towards pvp components whether they be wvsw or pvp or whatever…pve is fair game though if it has a use.

Utility skills:
prayer to kormir….it’s a signet of stamina that only cleanses 3 conditions and has no passive buff. It has no usage to any warrior over signet of stamina or berserker stance….if they somehow want a 3rd condition clear okay its there. Builds with: signet of stamina+berserker stance+prayer to kormir…a heal and an ultimate. I don’t see those being very popular even if you are fighting pure conditions in pvp or pve.

and prayer to lyssa…I have no idea what the hekk this was intended for or what possible situation it would be even worth spending time casting it….yes it has a cast animation, a long one at that.

And the special heal: prayer to dwayna…someone forgot to update it when ‘to the limit’ got a buff. I mean prior to the buff it just healed the same as “to the limit” did except no adrenaline or endurance boost….now it does 2/3 of the heal and I have no idea what it even exists at this point. Before it had some uses in pvp to trick people who hadn’t seen it before, but that was hardly a valid reason for its existence and now its just toxic.

Can we just remove all these things from the skill options?

And the ultimates of humans vs the race specific UTILITY skills:
Compare Reaper of Grenth to Asuran radiation field utility skill
Compare Hounds of Balthazar to norn ice wurm utility skill.

In terms of utility skills:
I mean charr get an extra dodge and another ‘for great justice’. Norn get a condition damage attack that would compliment condition builds that want damage. Asuran get 5 SECONDS retaliation. Sylvari get grasping vines.

And I mean even if some of the other race’s special summoning abilities are useless…at least they last longer than 15-30 seconds…they go 45- 60 SECONDS.

I mean from an objective standpoint just looking at what the skills say. I would make my warrior an asuran or sylvari given the present meta…unless that char evade works as it seems to be advertised. I mean that would be huge if u went full endurance and dodge regen crazy on ur warrior in wvsw or pve. You can stack 90% endurance regen as a passive….and then vigor gives you 100%. Then you have put sigil of stamina and energy on ur weapons and use a greatsword for whirlwind dodge. That’s 4 evades base….pair it with a mace/shield for 2 blocks. 4 evades..2 blocks…90% endurance regen…full endurance back on kill….1/2 endurance back on weapon swap. How could that possibly not be a useful build?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Headbutt is superior to any race elite. Any warrior that takes racial skills is hurting themselves.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

LOL. Reminds me of some Norn that used that snow leopard form on me the other day, he used that rush animation, got Headbutted and 100b’d and went down like a sack of potatoes.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Yeah, if you actually wanted to use the racial utilities/elites, the human ones are pretty bad. I could agree that they are probably the worst out of all the playable races.

The reason nobody uses any of them, though, is because of the opportunity cost. Some of the racials might be “good,” but almost any profession skill you can slot is a superior choice in some way. Especially the elite spec utilities/elites.

Unless you really want to create some kind of gimmick build that relies on a racial skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Headbutt is superior to any race elite. Any warrior that takes racial skills is hurting themselves.

Really? That’s really interesting. Maybe you should make ur own thread about it! That way you can say whatever ur heart desires, and you have an excuse for not reading the OP. Cause unfortunately what you said has no place in this thread…I wonder why everyone else managed to stay on topic except for you…it’s a mystery.
I will have to remedy the OP next time to be more clear. I appreciate the contribution though, it was really insightful. There really should be a thread telling us that headbutt is superior to any race elite. Any warrior that takes racial skills is hurting themselves.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It’s a non issue, and its not an opinion its a fact. When the game was very new there may have been some niche racial uses. Like reaper of grenth on condi warrior. Thats not mentioning that was before torment and before condi power creep. Condis were considered a joke and no one used them.

Fast forward 3 years of power creeps and elite specs no one uses racial skills. They are underpowered on every single class and every single race. The only recent use of racial abilites that I have heard of was using technobabble on assuras to help break bars of raid bosses. But even that is dwarfed by the asinine amounts of CC in the game now.

Racial skills cannot be used in pvp. And its always been ANETs official position that they are weaker versions of class skills already existing in game.

So welcome to reality bro nice thread 3 years too late. I glad that you found what I wrote interesting I suggest that you learn to play warrior better then you will understand why threads like this are pointless.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

It’s a non issue, and its not an opinion its a fact. When the game was very new there may have been some niche racial uses. Like reaper of grenth on condi warrior. Thats not mentioning that was before torment and before condi power creep. Condis were considered a joke and no one used them.

Fast forward 3 years of power creeps and elite specs no one uses racial skills. They are underpowered on every single class and every single race. The only recent use of racial abilites that I have heard of was using technobabble on assuras to help break bars of raid bosses. But even that is dwarfed by the asinine amounts of CC in the game now.

Racial skills cannot be used in pvp. And its always been ANETs official position that they are weaker versions of class skills already existing in game.

So welcome to reality bro nice thread 3 years too late.

Boom.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

no racial skills (outside of a handful) are useful.

for humans hounds are “meh” ok.
but i’d probably only use them on a class like ele with lame elites.