Rage Skills Feedback

Rage Skills Feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I know others have done this, but I wanted to get my views out there.

Wild Blow: Seems really cool! I could see some good synergy with Gun Flame in both PvP and WvW. If they could make the player count as a projectile finisher but not be killed by abilities that destroy projectiles that would be AMAZING! Imagine sending someone fling through a fire field, setting them on fire, and then setting some of their buddies behind them on fire as well.

Shattering Blow: I like the concept of punching a rock at people…but the execution is kinda boring. First of all, the animation should have the Warrior kicking or punching the ground to bring up the rocks. I think doing near-magical feats with just strength is fine, but just summoning a rock is not thematically fitting.

I think we appreciate the idea that you don’t wanna root us for too long, but the animation is so fast that it doesn’t feel that impactful or cool to me. I would be cool with being rooted longer and having the Berserker smash multiple rocks and reflecting the whole time. Having it last shorter than Guardian’s reflecting wall but having the bleeding side effect would be fairly useful in most parts of the game. I also think this would make the skill feel more impactful and different from normal Physical Skills.

Sundering Leap: A ground targeted gap closer with a shorted CD is nice…but again feels a little underwhelming to me. One thing Warriors have been lacking is the ability to use the Z axis to avoid certain spots of PvP maps. Now, I don’t expect to be able to teleport through bridges and the like, but being able to leap up to the ledge in Legacy of the Foefire you be CRAZY useful utility. I would be willing to accept a longer CD to be able to chase Mesmers and Thieves who try to run from me up these ledges. It once again adds a bit of utility that helps distinguish Rage skills from physical.

Unbreakable: …they alive kitten! Really simple skill, but a really good idea. Rousing Resilience has been largely unused for a while now, but this will have crazy good synergy with it.

Headbutt: So happy to see this making a return! Seems like there’s some absurd potential synergy with Skull Crack. Time it right and that’s over 6 seconds of stun! Of course, it’s single target which balances it out.

Overall, even with no changes I think I’ll enjoy Berserker. However, having more utility on Shattering Blow and Sundering Leap would make Berserker have the kind of offensive support that is often needed in this game.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Rage Skills Feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Agree with most of what you said.

What about the heal “Blood Reckoning”? Personally, I cant see it being used over healing signet in PvP, since it is hard countered by blinds and dodge rolls.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Rage Skills Feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Agree with most of what you said.

What about the heal “Blood Reckoning”? Personally, I cant see it being used over healing signet in PvP, since it is hard countered by blinds and dodge rolls.

Right I forgot about it. I think it makes sense on glass builds. We don’t know what gear the example video was using. In that clip they were also just AAing with Sword. In Theory you could sustain yourself pretty well if you time it right. You can even make Defiant Stance work well in PvP if you time it right. I mean, think about using Headbutt and then going 100b after activating the heal!

I think the terrible clip influenced players perception of the skill.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Rage Skills Feedback

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

Yeah Blood Reckoning is just Defiant Stance v 2.0. It’s too situational.