Rage rant warrior mobility a joke.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

WvW:
I am sick and tired of elementalist, thieves, mezmers, guardians, revenants, rangers having to much mobility along with range weapons. Remove mobility for those classes that have range weapons the only class that should have exceptional mobility should be the melee warrior.

I chase an elementalist, he runs cast spells on his back hits with lighting while I chase. I notice he does not want to fight so I turn around and leave, but then he chases after me, he is hitting me with range so I turn around to fight him but he sees me and runs again casting spells back hitting with lighting, I cannot catch up with him so I leave and move the other way I use 3,5 on Great Sword then switch to sword and use 2, then 4 shield, then bull’s charge switch to GS 3 switch to sword 2, switch to GS 5, repeat repeat, in the mean time the elementalist is running behind me hitting me with range weapons.

What the kitten is this game becoming? In the beginning when this game was release, the only class capable of exceptional mobility was the warrior and rightly so because the warrior is a melee class. How is a MELEE warrior supposed to fight range classes that not only have huge range but huge MOBILITY as well.

I am talking about WvW in PvP that mobility is useless because the maps are small.

in Warrior

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You have got to be doing something very, very wrong, since Ele mobility skills are all on long cooldowns. Escaping one with just Warrior Greatsword should be a piece of cake.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Warrior

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You might want to play elementalist, thief, mesmer, guardian, revenant, or ranger a bit to see how they are escaping from you.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You might want to play elementalist, thief, mesmer, guardian, revenant, or ranger a bit to see how they are escaping from you.

This is a good idea in general if one is interested in PvP.

The best way to get to know the capabilities of one’s enemies is to practice them. In GW1 I was a ranger main but made a point to play other professions, particularly after any major balance patch or evolution of the meta. I don’t do this as much in GW2, but then I also don’t PvP here quite as much.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

You have got to be doing something very, very wrong, since Ele mobility skills are all on long cooldowns. Escaping one with just Warrior Greatsword should be a piece of cake.

Oh man, If you think that you can escape an elementalist with just great sword you have been hiding under a rock. I go through 4-5 combination sets of GS 3,4, switch to sword #2 and bull’s charge but the elementalist was still right behind me hitting me with the scepter.

And don’t get me started with thief, bow #5 is enough drive the warrior crazy going from one side to the other hitting nothing.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

Well honestly I play all classes except revenant. I know exactly how they work so I am 100% sure it is not a learn to play issue.

A simple scientific test is to go to WvW and test what toons get faster from point A to B, do it and you will see that the ranking will be:

• Thief
  • ranger
  • Elementalist
  • Mezmer
  • Warrior
  • Guardian
  • Revenant
  • Necro

Now, if you you are in combat then the ranking is:

• Thief
  • Ranger
  • Elementalist
  • Mezmer
  • Guardian
  • Warrior
  • revenant
  • Necro

Do the test!

Now, considering that warrior is a Meele class, its current mobility rank is mediocre.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Warrior is indeed a melee class,but we have range available..Know what i did when i got tired of people running away or only trying to rely on kiting unless they outnumber you 3on1 ? Grab rifle,because having to wait or hope that anet adresses what you described is something i won’t see happening anytime soon.

in Warrior

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

just equip traveler runes, rifle and be done with it

’"Remove mobility for those classes that have range weapons"
hmm you know Warriors have ranged weapons and mobility

i just wanted to counter you.
cause your statement is so ironic to what you are proposing i think you should rephrase that.

how are you going to nerf guard … there are many guards that can barely catch up with any one .

and i dont think revn are faster than warriors with only one dash skill and only swiftness

i understand teleportation – but if you cant deal with a guard and revn…. and you cant deal with any other class… than i think you should start playing other classes ….

(edited by MrPinks.2015)

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

so u wanted to run away? lel

I rarely had issues with sword/Gs its what i use on my warrior.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

If you play mace lb then ofc you can’t run from a necro, let alone ele.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Well I hate your unblock skills 10k dmg on every skill ultimate 1.2k hp/s regen blocks invulnerabilities escape options berserker gear with no drawbacks etc etc…

in Warrior

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh man, If you think that you can escape an elementalist with just great sword you have been hiding under a rock. I go through 4-5 combination sets of GS 3,4, switch to sword #2 and bull’s charge but the elementalist was still right behind me hitting me with the scepter.

And don’t get me started with thief, bow #5 is enough drive the warrior crazy going from one side to the other hitting nothing.

Ride the Lightning and Lightning Flash are all he could have possibly had if he was hitting you with Scepter. They are 30 and 40 second cooldowns respectively (that basically nobody traits for). Sure, they can cover a lot of distance, but GS5 alone matches RtL and beats Lightning Flash for distance and has a shorter cooldown to boot. It might take a rotation or two of GS5 and GS3, but escaping should be easy.

And yeah, Thieves are the kings of mobility. Your point?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Warrior

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

A simple scientific test is to go to WvW and test what toons get faster from point A to B, do it and you will see that the ranking will be:

• Thief
  • ranger
  • Elementalist
  • Mezmer
  • Warrior
  • Guardian
  • Revenant
  • Necro

Now, if you you are in combat then the ranking is:

• Thief
  • Ranger
  • Elementalist
  • Mezmer
  • Guardian
  • Warrior
  • revenant
  • Necro

Do the test!

Now, considering that warrior is a Meele class, its current mobility rank is mediocre.

Where does the engineer stand on this list? In combat speed should be good with super speed, but I think outside combat engineer is among the slower professions. I know engineer has rocket boots, but it has 20 s cooldown and goes only 900 and has pretty long after cast animation. Rifle #5, rocket jump, isn’t any faster than running with swiftness on, except when going on certain uphill, where it is marginally faster (0.5 s or so).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Warrior

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Like you said, engi is kinda slow, but there are a few tricks.

• Streamlined Kits trait + Toolkit equip gives you a few seconds of superspeed. This gains some distance in combat, but does nothing outside of it.
  • Rocket Boots – needs a buff to evade during travel + go a bit farther, but currently you can slightly cancel the aftercast “stop” bit of it by chaining the end of it into another skill or kit swap. Also, if you activate RB exactly when you land from a medium-height fall, it’ll go off right away and you avoid some of the landing stickyness.
  • Jump Shot (Rifle 5) – for the 3 engineers out there still using Rifle, you can gain a lot of distance by completely cancelling the landing portion of the animation with the stow weapon key. This keeps up your forward momentum, and if you do it on a slight downhill, it goes even farther.
  • Sneak Gyro – great for escaping because its movement lags and it stacks stealth, so if you run, then destroy it and immediately change directions, you can gain a lot of distance before stealth ends. You can also use it for chasing if you’re near 1200 range of your target. Pop Sneak Gyro, swap to Toolkit for super-speed, then Magnet to pull them back. They won’t see the animation because you’re stealthed.

I’d put Engi above Revenant and below Warrior, but that’s just a guess.

(edited by coro.3176)

in Warrior

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

You actually answered your own question already..

You CAN’T outrun most people in WvW with just Greatsword mobility alone.. specially experienced roamers who prioritize mobility in their builds *cough you can be one of those guys fyi..

You CAN run Sword with your GS to further improve your mobility, you CAN also slot skills like Bull Rush. Rampage and/or Sundering Leap which can also be used as mobility options.. finally you CAN then run traits like Forceful Greatsword, Blademaster and/or or Peak Performance to reduce the cooldowns of your mobility skills.

This limits your build options somewhat so its a bit frustrating, but it is also a fair trade-off..

Edit.. the only class you mentioned that can actually catch up with you is Thief.. and it eats up a lot of their resources to do so, once at a fairly safe distance from the mob simply turn around stun them and whack them.. they’ll die in a few hits specially since their slot skills are on CD and initiative drained from chasing you.

Edit..2 Another thing to note. You might be disengaging too late.. learn to identify your vulnerabilities and threshold. Even the most experienced and mobile of Warriors have a bad day every once in a while.. GAME SENSE OFF..

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Seems like a non issue to me because, as others have pointed out, you’re making build choices and then complaining that those choices aren’t sufficiently effective in all circumstances.

For example, if you’re running gs/m+sh, you’ve decided to become an unstoppable engine of melee death, complete with barrels of blocks. But it’s come at the cost of range and (some) mobility.

So either change your build so that it has range or increased mobility, and accept those trade offs. Or just accept that some people are going to kite you and/or get away.

There’s no case for nerfing other classes in this respect, with the possible exception of thief (which is still a debatable demand and should come with buffs elsewhere to that class).

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

“There’s no case for nerfing other classes”

*Cough Mesmers. *cough cough.. (Bias shameless plug..) (“(>____<)”)

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

Nerf revenant? What’s revenant? Is that feature added by HoT that I have missed? Kappa

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

You actually answered your own question already..

You CAN’T outrun most people in WvW with just Greatsword mobility alone.. specially experienced roamers who prioritize mobility in their builds *cough you can be one of those guys fyi..

You CAN run Sword with your GS to further improve your mobility, you CAN also slot skills like Bull Rush. Rampage and/or Sundering Leap which can also be used as mobility options.. finally you CAN then run traits like Forceful Greatsword, Blademaster and/or or Peak Performance to reduce the cooldowns of your mobility skills.

This limits your build options somewhat so its a bit frustrating, but it is also a fair trade-off..

Edit.. the only class you mentioned that can actually catch up with you is Thief.. and it eats up a lot of their resources to do so, once at a fairly safe distance from the mob simply turn around stun them and whack them.. they’ll die in a few hits specially since their slot skills are on CD and initiative drained from chasing you.

Edit..2 Another thing to note. You might be disengaging too late.. learn to identify your vulnerabilities and threshold. Even the most experienced and mobile of Warriors have a bad day every once in a while.. GAME SENSE OFF..

That is what i said: I use Sword, GS, and bulls charge to get max mobility but it is not enough to keep up. The reason why warrior cannot keep up with them is due to the fact that thief, mezmer, elementalist, guardian have instant teleport but warrior skills require a time to travel that distance, for example:

• Rush takes about 2.30 seconds to travel the 1200 units, during that time the guys that is running away with swiftness can travel 800 units, thus if the math is correct, you only shortened the distance by 400 units.
  • Bull’s charge takes about 1.20 seconds to travel 900 unit, during that time someone that is running away has traveled about 500 units, thus you only shortened the distance by 400 units.
  • savage leap takes about 1 second to travel 600 units

The problem here is that our mobility is not instantaneous which means that anyone that is running away has time to move EXTRA distance during the animation cast. On the other hand, with instant teleports the distance traveled is instantaneous.

And when you factor stealth into the picture (which many classes now have access to) then escaping and resetting a fight is as easy as running away.)

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Warrior

coro.3176

Warrior can’t have better mobility than it does because it already has long invulns, stability, high damage, great sustain, and is pretty tanky.

I mean, what is a poor condi engi (me) to do when facing a warrior. Warrior pops Berserker Stance for ~15s of resistance. My defenses (with pistol and toolkit) consist of: blind, cripple, immobilize, a 2-second block, and 2 dodges. Given that I need to use the block on Headbutt, the dodges on Shield Bash, and burst skills, and the rest aren’t effective due to stab and resistance.. that leaves me with.. turn and run.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I can keep up with, if not catch, most classes (excluding thief) because I run sword and bulls charge with my gs. Sure, ports and stealth make that harder, but who says it should be easy?

I honestly don’t see a balance problem here.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

I can keep up with, if not catch, most classes (excluding thief) because I run sword and bulls charge with my gs. Sure, ports and stealth make that harder, but who says it should be easy?

I honestly don’t see a balance problem here.

I don’t know who are you fighting, but in my server you will never catch a thief, ranger, elementalist, mezmer due to their high mobility, use of stealth and cliff climbing abuse.

Maybe in your server you face the casual player that has no clue, but in Tier 1 WvW that is a total different thing because people actually know how to play and abuse the instant teleport climb cliff to disengage out of combat etc…

When you have a skill like rush that advances you only 400 units relative to the enemy and an instant teleport skill that advances you by 1200 units instantly, then there is a problem.

You will require 3 sets of rush on the GS just to cancel the instant teleport used by the runner. That is 45 seconds total time!

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

Here’s a more realistic answer to your problem.. ^^

If you find that you can’t catch someone or are forced to chase someone into a bad position.. why would you do so? As a skilled and experienced WvWer.. move on, reset, pick a fight on your own terms.

If you play into the hands of a good opponent you’re likely dead.

Likewise if you’re as good a player as you’re letting on they’re dead if they play into yours.

Edit: @zomgbuffalo.5276 – IKR..~ what they did to Rev was just.. *cry. T____T

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

Here’s a more realistic answer to your problem.. ^^

If you find that you can’t catch someone or are forced to chase someone into a bad position.. why would you do so? As a skilled and experienced WvWer.. move on, reset, pick a fight on your own terms.

If you play into the hands of a good opponent you’re likely dead.

Likewise if you’re as good a player as you’re letting on they’re dead if they play into yours.

Edit: @zomgbuffalo.5276 – IKR..~ what they did to Rev was just.. *cry. T____T

LOL “move on, reset, pick a fight on your own terms.” How exactly are you going to do that if they have more mobility than you? Not only do they have mobility but range and stealth as well. Are you going to pick a fight on your own terms saying “excuse me Mr. thief let me go because I cannot hit you and I cannot chase you.” No, the thief is going to keep attacking you.

If you chose range as a warrior, then everyone that is losing the fight will leave you behind the dust because warrior range weapons do not offer any mobility.

Lets see the classes that have range AND mobility in their weapons:

• Thief bow #5
  • Ranger, staff #3
  • Elementalist, scepter-dagger #4 on dagger
  • Engineer, rifle #5
  • Guard, sword #2, range #3
  • Mesmer, staff #2
  • Necro, I feel sorry for you.
  • Revenant, I have no idea, I don’t play revenant.

All these classes have range weapons with mobility.
Like I said in one of my previous posts, the only class capable of exceptional mobility should be the MELEE warrior for the obvious reason that warrior requires you to be withing 130 units to do damage. But honestly I doubt anet try to modify all these classes mobility.

You know what would be a perfect balance?
Give us an instant teleport on either rifle or bow to even out the playing field against runners and fight re-setters.

Oh and make that teleport a cliff climber for balancing purposes.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I don’t know who are you fighting, but in my server you will never catch a thief, ranger, elementalist, mezmer due to their high mobility, use of stealth and cliff climbing abuse.

I’ve fought all three servers that are in Tier 1 within the last month or two. I haven’t noticed much of a difference in terms of quality of play between them and what I find on other servers. Maybe it matters more in large scale fights, but that’s not relevant here.

And, seriously, tiers don’t mean anything anymore in terms of player skill, assuming they ever really did.

Maybe in your server you face the casual player that has no clue, but in Tier 1 WvW that is a total different thing because people actually know how to play and abuse the instant teleport climb cliff to disengage out of combat etc…

You made this same error in one of your previous threads when you claimed warriors were garbage, and that anyone who disagreed with you was fighting scrubs. Just because someone is getting better results with a warrior than you doesn’t necessarily mean they’re fighting scrubby players.

In terms of mobility, I already noted that thief is in a different league than everyone. The other classes though, their mobility is situational. It’s not as though the entire map is filled with verticals that allow teleporting, and guiding your fight away from those is just another part of fight management. Basically, doing what you can to drag the fight to terrain that’s more advantageous to you or less to your opponent.

Sure, sometimes a mesmer or druid will be able to get away. But so what? I get away from my opponents with my warrior too, including mesmers and druids. Hell, I’ve even managed to get a moronic pack of thieves to follow me off a cliff to their deaths. They may have been on Mag too, iirc. Death From Above ftw.

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

Here’s the thing. THEY DON’T HAVE MORE MOBILITY THAN YOU.. if you think that you’re doing it wrong.. our cooldowns are faster.. specially when spec’ed.. Properly built Warriors are only 2nd to Thieves in mobility.. not only that we don’t actually use invaluable resources to move about. They need the Initiative for their weapon skills which is why they are in a deficit when on a commited chase.. You’re most likely wasting your mobility and are being toyed with..

There are many ways to get a fight in your own terms.. bait them into a chase, grab a Camp, lie in wait and ambush them.. even if they are aware enough to react fast they lose a bit of initiative. If they stealth and you feel you have no advantage don’t just sit there run.. get them to commit to you then turn on them.. etc.. There are countless counterplays to be made.. Based from your description people are running circles around you. =D

Among all the classes you mentioned I only ever have problems with Condi Mesmers in Dire/Trailblazer’s to be honest, the rest are fair game. If I simply back off.. they can’t touch me let alone kill me.. even the best of them.

Necros have Reaper #2 on a 7 sec cooldown.. its not much but its something btw.. and have you fought the really good Necros? Who use Flesh Worm.. Spectral Walk.. I’ll feel sorry for you actually.. >:D

Just trying to help you out. Not really interested in explaining further.. you’ll either learn it or you won’t. ^^ Good Luck to you.. =D

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Properly built Warriors are only 2nd to Thieves in mobility..

While I disagree with much of his post, this bit you said here about warrior mobility hasn’t been true since June of 2015.

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

While I disagree with much of his post, this bit you said here about warrior mobility hasn’t been true since June of 2015.

We did take a huge blow from the mobility nerfs.. but I still believe we’re 2nd only to Thieves when we commit to a mobile build. Just saying from personal experience.. I’ve yet to encounter a class that can chase me down on GS+Sw/Sh besides a Thief.. until I encounter otherwise I’ll stick with it.. just a personal opinion. ^^

Edit: Ah there’s actually the occasional Druid.. but its very dependent on terrain.. =/ I’m confident I’ll run circles around anything else..

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

We did take a huge blow from the mobility nerfs.. but I still believe we’re 2nd only to Thieves when we commit to a mobile build. Just saying from personal experience.. I’ve yet to encounter a class that can chase me down on GS+Sw/Sh besides a Thief.. until I encounter otherwise I’ll stick with it.. just a personal opinion. ^^

Edit: Ah there’s actually the occasional Druid.. but its very dependent on terrain.. =/ I’m confident I’ll run circles around anything else..

Druid for sure, and the addition of stealth and/or lb range (depending on build) gives it serious advantage on escape and chase respectively.

Hitman is also correct about the advantage of teleports, especially with many verticals. In that sort of terrain, advantage can tip to a class that has them. Stealth is undeniably advantageous if someone wants to escape. I’ve also had DH’s manage to keep up with me for a quarter of the map and still be lethal, though that isn’t the norm. Engineers can escape if they want to, but their chase isn’t so hot.

That’s all out of combat mobility. In combat, a sword-gs bulls charge warrior does well, but thieves, mesmers, and druids can all out kite and kill, depending on the builds and skill.

That all said, I completely reject the notion that those other classes need a nerf or we need a buff on mobility grounds. The warrior is in a fairly strong place in Wvw, .

I would like to see some minor increases to initiative cost on some thief skills, and some minor reductions in endurance gain though. In exchange, I’d support some buffs to give then more staying power or group utility. A bit off topic, but that could even out their insane mobility, among other things. But it could kitten the class if done poorly.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Outside of a thief, catching up to any other class is nowhere near as difficult as OP makes it sound. Sure, every class has mobility/teleportation skills, but the majority of classes are restricted in their mobility due to their cooldowns.

Thieves aren’t as subject to this because they have a huge rollout of teleportation skills both of their weapons and utility skills, rightfully so since they’re the Rogue/Assassin of the game.

Revs realistically only have access to their mobility skills while in Shiro so if you can bump them out of that legend (pressure them into swapping to a more defensive legend) they’re yours for the beating.

Ele? Wait for the guy to burn his high coolowns and then go ham on the guy

Guard has a handful of unrestricted teleports, but a few of their teleports require a target.

Ranger has always been a ranged nuisance (pun not intended) so I don’t ever expect to bring him into melee since he’ll either keep his distance or cc/impede me to the point where he can just walk away from the fight.

Mesmers? Outside of Blink, Staff 2, and Sword 3, I’m coming to a blank on how these guys can have high mobility. If anything they’re just hiding behind their stealth and clone bomb gimmicks. That, and what Mesmer doesn’t have a safety portal?

How does a Warrior fight range? Well for one, you gotta realize that they were meant to be a melee-excelling class so you’re already putting yourself at a disadvantage. Second, just grab a rifle. If you wanna use mobility skills to close the gap and get the advantage, you gotta realize you have to lock down your opponent. Otherwise, they’ll just poof and now you’re back to eating damage and having blown a mobility cooldown.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

…Properly built Warriors are only 2nd to Thieves in mobility

No man, did you read one of my reply about the difference between instant teleports and warrior leaps?

To understand this concept you need a bit of physics knowledge and mathematics. I will try to explain it again with just 1 warrior skill called “Rush.”

Warrior rush takes about 2.20 seconds to travel a distance of 1200 units; during that elapsed time, someone that is running away from you will have traveled about 800 units from their initial position, thus you will have shortened the distance by only 400 units (that is about the same distance traveled by using #4 on shield)

So to put things in perspective, the efficiency of rush is only 1/3 compared to an instant teleport. That means that you will need 3 sets of rush just to cancel one instant teleport.

• That is the reason why elementalists along with their elite great sword leave the warrior behind the dust.
  • That is the reason why thieves with their instant teleports leave the warrior behind the dust.
  • That is the reason why mesmers with their instant teleports and stealth leave the warrior behind the dust.

And when you factor all the stealth and cliff climbing involved, you end up with a recipe that that affects the warrior mobility.

Warrior is not 2nd best in mobility, the second best is ranger, then elementalist, then mesmer, then warrior

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

I know about and completely agree with the advantages of teleports over our animation based mobility.. but do note our shorter cooldowns.. I don’t force chase into a bad position.. if he’s not within reach ex. going up a cliff, roof of a wall, then that’s that.. I’d try to bait him into terrain that favors me or terrain in which he has no advantage.. ever notice why Mesmers and Thieves like baiting fights to those narrow rooftops above the southern camps or ruins of Alpine BL.. They clearly hold the advantage in terrain. What I’m saying is being aware what you are and aren’t capable of given our current tools.. For sure those classes can kite you to oblivion if you stand your ground and fight.. but you’d stand a helluva lot better chance of fighting them when you burn their cooldowns because yours will be up sooner..

Our mobility in my opinion is very good, better than most others and for the most part at least far from overpowered too.

A Ranger I’d believe specially in open terrain, where their LB range can just pick you off, but turn through corners and use your short bursts of mobility and I highly doubt they’d get you before you reach a Keep or Tower from across the map. I’d like to see an Elementalist or Mesmer chase me down with GS+Sw/Sh on any terrain.

Edit.. An Elementalist with FGS can close the gap, but they won’t be able to lock you down and when they switch out of FGS to try and CC you the chase is over.. they won’t ever be able to catch up with you again..

LOL a Mesmer.. chasing you down and killing you on GS+Sw/Sh surely you kid? You’re either absurdly low health, meaning you disengaged too late.. burned through all of your Stances + Healing Signet, No Shield Block, and probably burned all your mobility chasing him while he stealthed and walked circles around you, meanwhile you burned all your mobility chasing air and landed nothing to even warrant consuming a Blink.. They can’t even really shatter you on the chase.. You will lose to a very good Mesmer 100% of the time in a standing fight even after perfectly dodging all their shatters.. but hell they can never chase you on the run unless you do some really stupid things..

As far as killing them is concerned.. if they are good opponents, its situational.. as it is situational for them to kill you if you are any good.. because no good player will ever play into an obvious disadvantage against an identifiable good opponent, and if they do they either have a decent counterplay strategy/gamble or they will most likely lose.

Edit 2.. I don’t really mind seeing OP Warriors.. NERF THEM ALL TO THE GROUND.. SPECIALLY !@#$ MESMERS.. so bias.. bwahahahahahaha >:D

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Warrior is one of the most mobile profession in the game as a heavy armor class….

they get 25% MS passive on trait along with free immob clear too not only that but they hit like a truck and tank like a boss jack of all trades and master of all OP.

yet u want to be more greedy? i see

in Warrior

coro.3176

Don’t forget over 15s each of Stability and Resistance. Warrior basically can’t be immobilized, crippled, chilled, or cc’d.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

Don’t forget over 15s each of Stability and Resistance. Warrior basically can’t be immobilized, crippled, chilled, or cc’d.

And how is that going to help against a range kitting player? Is your stability going to teleport 1200 units to the target? If stability is up, then turn around and kite as simple as that.

Warrior cannot be chilled or cripple? yeah right, better fix that exploit.

in Warrior

coro.3176

There’s no class that can escape that quickly while dealing damage. They all have to turn around and use movement skills that take them out of the fight. If they’re damaging you, you can pop stab/resist/invuln and close the gap, or make them turn and run.

So, yes. ranged classes are going to try and kite. That’s how you win a fight vs a warrior. Your job as the warrior is to decide whether you should chase them.

Re: can’t be chilled or crippled. 20 seconds of resistance (from signet + stance) + 15s of stability (from eternal champion) + more if you’ve got Last Stand. If you haven’t caught them in 35+ seconds, you’ve probably chased them halfway across the map into a tower.

Kiting is their defense vs invuln/stab/resistance. You want to give Warrior even more mobility and take that away?

in Warrior

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

So, yes. ranged classes are going to try and kite. That’s how you win a fight vs a warrior. Your job as the warrior is to decide whether you should chase them.

Re: can’t be chilled or crippled. 20 seconds of resistance (from signet + stance) + 15s of stability (from eternal champion) + more if you’ve got Last Stand. If you haven’t caught them in 35+ seconds, you’ve probably chased them halfway across the map into a tower.

[congregation in unison]
Amen

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Re: can’t be chilled or crippled. 20 seconds of resistance (from signet + stance) + 15s of stability (from eternal champion) + more if you’ve got Last Stand.

You do know that stability doesn’t give any protecting against cripple and chill, right?

So you’re looking at about 20s of resistance, but more realistically 15 because popping signet is an emergency measure.

It’s still a lot, but 15s is kitable. If you’re running a heavy condi build and the warrior has burned his movement skills to catch you kiting, then enjoy your meal when that 15s is up.

If you’re running power with movement impairing condis, you have a slightly harder road. But it’ll get easier after the 15s.

I bring this up because you’ve made other posts overstating warrior immunity. I actually agree with you that warriors shouldn’t be buffed nor (most) other classes nerfed on mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

they get 25% MS passive on trait

This isn’t 2012 anymore.

Warriors only have the trait on the Discipline traitline, which means they can’t run Strength or Arms because Defense and Berzerker are mandatory. Also, it only applies to Melee weapons – if they try to use bow or rifle, they’re slow as molasses again.

Meanwhile – Engineers get an unqualified 25% bonus to movespeed as a major trait in Invention, with other perks as well. Druids have 33% bonus to movespeed when not crippled, slowed, or chilled. Chronos have a 25% bonus to movespeed as a minor trait. Thieves can maintain perma-swiftness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Well from what I can gather, they were forcing you to use some CD’s so they can burst you. Being a “god-zerker” there are things that squishy classes need to do to not get 1 shotted by you. If it wasn’t for their mobility over yours, you would be catching up to everything, 1 shotting it, rinse/repeat. If berserker wasn’t in a pretty unbalanced state, you would see much less of this scenario and more fighting.

The way it can aoe burst, range is the only safe option for some to stand a chance.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

Let me see if I got this right… you had GS, sword mh and bull’s charge against a scepter ele? How in the world did you not escape by the second roation?

Even if he had a focus offhand, your resistance would deal with the Chill, and RtL and Lightning Flash both have long cooldowns (even longer if you dodge the RtL). I am legit curious here.

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Let me see if I got this right… you had GS, sword mh and bull’s charge against a scepter ele? How in the world did you not escape by the second roation?

Even if he had a focus offhand, your resistance would deal with the Chill, and RtL and Lightning Flash both have long cooldowns (even longer if you dodge the RtL). I am legit curious here.

Well, he started this other thread a couple of months ago. Should give you some of the answers you’re looking for.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Robban.1256

Robban.1256

Top 4 classes with best mobility(no order ):
Ele,thief, ranger, warrior
And at the bottom: necro, guardian, mesmer.
OP can you show us when you play how you run away from enemies?

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

Top 4 classes with best mobility(no order ):
Ele,thief, ranger, warrior
And at the bottom: necro, guardian, mesmer.
OP can you show us when you play how you run away from enemies?

I have already described the combination set:

• Gretsword 5,3
  • switch to Sword and use #2
  • Shield bash
  • Bull’s charge
  • Switch back to GS use #3
  • Switch back to Sword use #2
  • Switch back to GS use 3# then #5
  • Repeat

I just tested a necro build with war-horn and I was astounded by the speed the necro was able to achieve; it is almost exactly the same speed as the warrior. If you don’t believe me do the following test:

Go to Gendarran Fields traveler’s dale waypoint which is located on the south west. From this waypoint follow the path that leads to broadhollow waypoint. Use a stop watch to record the time it takes the necro and warrior to get to the same destination.
I found that warrior took 1:33 min while necro took 1:40, there is a difference of 7 seconds which translates to roughly 2400 units of advantage

The necro leap combination was:

• F1 reaper active
  • F1 deactivate reaper
  • Warhorn #5
  • Repeat

This is unbelievable!

The warrior closing gaps is nothing but an illusion! And when you factor the movement impairing conditions that necros, rangers,thieves, guardians leave behind and slow you down by -50% and on top of that cliff climbers like ele, thief, mesmer, guardian; it is obvious that warrior is currently at a disadvantage against runners and kitters.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

I have explained this mathematically, look up for the explanation i gave about rush taking 2.20 seconds to travel 1200 units.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

@OP Try to use banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guardian traveler runes since 2012.

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

@Op youre troll, last post you said that necro is slower:

Get your facts straight before you post. I said warrior was faster than necro by 7 seconds. In that list I ranked warrior higher than necro, so the troll post is you.