Raid Phalanx Warrior - Scholar vs Strength

in Warrior

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

Greetings.

I’ve finally got enough time to attempt some raids. I’ve read all over that playing as a phalanx warrior, it is better to use scholar runes then strength runes – as the “Natures boon” which revenants provide covers all boon duration needs.

I’d like to know if people think strength runes are worse in raids, and if so, how much worse? Strength runes work better for me in fractals, roaming and Dragon’s stand. If I join a pug raid with strength runes, how much of a dps loss will I be inflicting on the group?

Regards.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I would personally stick with strength runes for pugs. In an organized group I could see the might duration from Strength Runes being less important because more than likely blasting firefields will give more than enough ambient might.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Scholar vs strentgh is less than 1% difference in max team dps (25 might, fury ,banner, ect). But in a group with only 1 war strength will be much better as coupling it with dumplings can allow a single war to might cap all the dps people.

So run strength runes

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

If you already have strength runes, don’t bother overwriting, especially if you pug a lot. If you are gearing a new warrior from scratch, go scholar.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

If you already have strength runes, don’t bother overwriting, especially if you pug a lot. If you are gearing a new warrior from scratch, go scholar.

Also nike what happened to dtguilds. Com? And are you saying that scholar is better than strengh in pve? Does the ferocity makes up for the 5% dmg increase when below threshold (90% hp)???

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Website is a long story =P.

Scholar is definitely better than Strength for organized raid groups, and probably better for pugs in many cases.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Thanks for the feedback.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I would still make the argument that strength vs scholar is dependent on team comp

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

I would still make the argument that strength vs scholar is dependent on team comp

I would say that if you are in a comp where there are very little sources of Might besides the Warrior, and there is no Rev to give FoN, you could make a case that Strength runes are worthwhile.

I would contend, though, that even in such a scenario you can use Scholar + dumplings + Bountiful Stones and be perfectly fine thanks to Signet of Inspiration. Especially if your Mesmer is ALSO using Dumplings.

Also, if you have typical Dagger/Horn eles you can advise them to use Heat Sink in their rotation for more Might doubling. With that much Might doubling I don’t think it would be realistic to have a Might problem except a slow ramp up right at the start of a fight.

I suppose you could have a comp with no Rev, no FA eles, no mesmer but once you’re that far away from “the meta” you are not in optimization mode, you’re in survival mode.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt