Rampage, needs changes

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Golbez.2971

Golbez.2971

In my humble opinion there should be some changes made to Rampage. And these are what I suggest.

Most key 1 attacks hit multiple players, but Rampage’s punch/smash attack does not. It should. Stomp hits multiple players and provides a valuable CC but then it goes on cooldown. Rampage is on cooldown by the way, so how many stomps can you get in?

Additional hit points are great but it sure feels like my defense has been lowered when I rampage (I’m a tank warrior w/ shield). Maybe allow the shield’s defense, item stats, etc. to still be counted?

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

The skill is just utter garbage and needs complete rework.Last time I checked, during rampage you couldn’t even use your utility skills so…

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Deutero.3986

Deutero.3986

It would be cool if its give same 20sec Stability with Standard Weapon skill still active while transforming into juggernaut form (like Diablo3 Barbarian Berserker mode).
that would be awesome.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

Rampage is cool for controlling enemies. Im not a PvPer, and i play a dungeon tank, but this skill is really fun and useful when you want to smash around a boss or decimate enemies who do not have defiance.

Its like Guardian tome of courage, but offensively. Guardian heals allies, Warrior smashes enemies away. That said, it could use a buff, maybe go for broke and make the control remove 2 stacks of defiance!

I hate defiance, ruining my awesome feelz.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Worst.

Skill.

Ever.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

Yeah it’s lame all around. Short duration. Long cooldown. Doesn’t look cool, it just makes you glow red, you don’t even get bigger. Skills really only do things that warriors already do.

I do however have an idea of how to improve it though:
While in Rampage, every time you disable an enemy you gain 5 seconds of stability and Rampage lasts 5 seconds longer.

This actually would make it more like a rampage. You would seek to beat the tar out of anyone and everyone just to stay in it longer.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Imo, it should be replaced completely, by a shout.

That will give a lot more synergy: then we have an elite signet, an elite banner and an elite shout, all of which are affected significantly by traits, and would allow us to make better builds.. i.e. signet build, banner build or shout build. Rather than an awkward set of rather lackluster skills that on top disable your utilities.

That would also place us closer to guardian support efficiency.. another heal/condition removal plus whatever powerful effect it would have innately.

Any suggestions on what effect an elite shout would have?

Maybe a 4 second aoe stun with a 60 second cooldown, not as good as moa morph or dagger storm, since any stun breaker will negate it, but close, and good for dungeons.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I wouldn’t mind it being changed to a defensive skill. Keep the stability, and increase health for 20 seconds. But your normal skills stay the same

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Nah, the elite banner is already pure defense, a rampage change or replacement should either have offensive uses or hybrid (both offense and defense) uses. It should also be an active skill, because signet of rage is already passive.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I agree with just replacing it with an offensive shout with around a 60 sec C/D. Maybe a AoE stun or knockdown like it’s been suggested but maybe a buff like retaliation or protection for a time. Warrior definitely needs more variety in terms of elites.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Simple fix: get rid of all the gimmicky ability swaps, just let us use whatever weapon we have equipped.

New rampage gives stability, and a large, temp bonus damage (not in the form of might so it can’t be removed by boon-removal skills). Pretty simple really, Its less than daggerstorm bullkitten, but at least it won’t be completely useless like it is in its current form.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

They should’ve brought Destruction back. Instead of limiting it to 3 targets, it should be have been unlimited instead.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Just let us put standard utility skills in the 10 slot, and rework the 80% of the elites that are not worth using.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

signet of rage is infinitely much better than rampage

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

I’ve tried using this in numerous situations thinking “I must be missing something here” but its just not viable. Needs a complete rework. New elite skill if necessary

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

give us might per attack, stability and retaliation. regular skills, no gimmicky skill swap.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

If I see a warrior i’m fighting switch to rampage i know he’s lost the fight already. It just delays me from killing them for maybe a little more time.

It also offers no resistance to immobilise or snare, so you can snare the guy, run away and rampage form has 1 bad, long cooldown, ranged attack, so he becomes useless. It’s like self moa.

And the cooldown…the cooldown!!!! Wow, for such a god awful ability?? Really???

At least they’ve made it easier deciding what elite to pick. Not like mesmers or thieves…which opd elite shall i use..hmmm…poor guys.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Graywolf.6513

I like it still. Its like, signet for damage, rampage for control, banner for support.

I know it is lackluster but as a control/support i occasionally leave it on my action bar after messing around with it, and it can be really fun for holding down an enemy while others beat them to death.

I think they should increase the defensive capabilities of the stance, we already have signet for offensive, and banner for support.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

My suggestion is to make Rampage something more along the lines of some of the elites from GW1, like Dwarven Battle Stance, Defy Pain, Battle Rage, Soldier’s Stance (or any of the many choices GW2 foolishly doesn’t have…).

I think right now the main problem in changing it is Signet of Rage, since SoR is such a generic kind of skill, and probably the most similar to a GW1 stance elite. You don’t want to make one that is just like it in every way when you only have three options to choose from.

SoR is your option for keeping up with targets in terms of speed (but not accounting for conditions or CCs), raising your critical chance a little and raising your power a little. Rampage then, could be your option for granting long term individual stability, protection and retaliation. It should become a stance rather a generic skill, so that we’ll have a signet, a stance, a banner (and hopefully if they bring back IWAY in some way, a shout). A complete rework of the skill isn’t a big deal, as it’s not like we’re losing anything worth keeping. Rampage is a worthless elite in its very design, and to me smacks of them just throwing together existing animations and applying a cute little fX and calling it an elite, just to get something out of the door.

While we’re at it, make Warbanner the option for group-wide stability and regen. Right now it’s intended to be, but it’s just awful, for various reasons. Bundle stat reduction, lack of synergy with your existing build, extremely high recharge. You can keep the recharge if you make Warbanner have a much wider range of effect, allow it to grant almost any boon but make it a little random as to which you’re getting, and have them arrive in pulses that visibly ring out of the banner itself. This IS an elite, after all. Not a normal banner skill. Right now it also is just far too weak and pathetic to be an elite, especially since the whole downed/revive mechanic has changed since it was first internalized.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

It’s obvious that the skill needs to be reworked. Here’s an idea: Make Rampage a stance. Keep all your weapon and utility skills. Gives you ONE of these three things: retaliation, stability, or quickness. Gives you a 20% chance to stun an enemy for 1 second on attack. Maybe that would be a little overpowered (specifically the combo of quickness and stunning) but it’s just an idea. Also, it would be nice to get an elite shout. Or just remove elite skills from the game (this will never happen) seeing as it seems like the only purpose of elite skills is to make specific fights one-sided. I would much rather have 4 utilities than an elite skill. Maybe remove elite skills from SPvP/TPvP?

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Graywolf.6513

I would not mind trading rampage for 1 stun every swing =P

Though i would lose my hilarious stomp, and since i went shout healz, i miss my stomp animation. And my kick for that matter.

I think no matter what, this elite needs to be defense/control themed. So it needs to have something like health boost(like now) and some form of CC. I would love for it to make all CC remove 2 stacks of defiance, but that is PvE only, and would earn the skill a massive CD and annoy all PvPers.

Im addicted to smacking giants in the toe with my hammer and watching them crash down.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

I’ll be blunt – the only thing Rampage should keep from it’s current form is the name. Really, transformation skills do not belong in a distinctively non-magic class.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

New Effect – Rampage – Stance – Every time you disable a foe, your weapon’s skills are recharged.

So effectively with a hammer you could spam back breaker, shield would allow you to use shield stance, stun then use shield stance.

It opens up some neat possibilities, and doesn’t really buff 100 blades which is what arena net is afraid of.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

It opens up some neat possibilities, and doesn’t really buff 100 blades which is what arena net is afraid of.

Shield Bash > Hundred Blades > Bulls Charge > Hundred Blades?

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Graywolf.6513

I would stab a baby to control more often. The cries of my guildies when they have to fight me(im not amazing, im just annoying to fight =P) would immensely increase if i had an elite which let me spam, hell, pommel bash all night =P

Rampage, needs changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

My biggest issue with Rampage is the attacks are not AoE (or at least not all of them) unlike comparable transformation elites of other classes/races and the attack speeds are way too slow.

I’d replace one of the abilities (with a nice long 6 to 10-second Frenzy and Swiftness utility equivalent). Throw Boulder is just horribly slow in animation and projectile speed and is just weak so I’d recommend this ability gets the axe. And make the Kick attack a whirl-combo finisher when AoE gets added.

It’s suppose to be an offensive elite on a long cool down and it just is not anywhere near where it is suppose to be.