Rampager build looks promising in PVE now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

With the nerf to crit damage. A full rampager build looks a lot better than it did before.

Sword/Sword Longbow Power/Precision Condition damage

Duel wield.

/thread.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

and will still deal huge less dps than the new meta builds with berserk only

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

we will have to see I doubt hundred blade damage will go above 20k now

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

not really but properly you play without gs because only axe-gs rotation is better than axe only after the 10% attackboost you will deal more dps with axe only than gs only and maybe more than gs axe rotation
btw even atm axe only > gs only
and 10% crit dmg nerf isnt that lost of dmg

lol 20k dmg this would be a 50% dps nerf not a 10%

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Conditions are still terrible in PvE, sword is bad as a power weapon as well. Just no…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

not really but properly you play without gs because only axe-gs rotation is better than axe only after the 10% attackboost you will deal more dps with axe only than gs only and maybe more than gs axe rotation
btw even atm axe only > gs only
and 10% crit dmg nerf isnt that lost of dmg

lol 20k dmg this would be a 50% dps nerf not a 10%

A few people did some math else where on the forums. More than one person concluded that its more like a 20-30% nerf. Not the 10% ANET said.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Anet said that this is just the first step to make other types of build viable and purge the “GO FULL ZERK OR GTFO” movement that has been plaguing the game since launch. I hope it works, getting sick of these PvE meta builds.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Drakent.9605

Drakent.9605

according to anet the zerk build is receiving a 10% damage nerf which means having 5 group of zerker after the patch will be doing 50% less damage , so means that if you want more damage inviting 1 or 2 condition build to the group is far better then having all zerker

a good lvl 80 condition build class can easy do 6k damage a sec with out crits at least this is what I do with my thf having 15 stack of bleed doing 3k damage a tick ,poison doing 1k a sec and my daggers doing 2k a sec

I am sure with the zerk nerf condition build are going be close next to a zerker damage build especially now that you can stack both condition stack and power stack sigils

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

according to anet the zerk build is receiving a 10% damage nerf which means having 5 group of zerker after the patch will be doing 50% less damage , so means that if you want more damage inviting 1 or 2 condition build to the group is far better then having all zerker

a good lvl 80 condition build class can easy do 6k damage a sec with out crits at least this is what I do with my thf having 15 stack of bleed doing 3k damage a tick ,poison doing 1k a sec and my daggers doing 2k a sec

I am sure with the zerk nerf condition build are going be close next to a zerker damage build especially now that you can stack both condition stack and power stack sigils

5 people doing 10% less damage is still equal to 10% less damage. if 5 people do 9k damage instead of 10k you would be doing a total of 45k damage insted of 50k. The difference is 5k. 5/50×100=10%.

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

5 people doing 10% less damage is still equal to 10% less damage. if 5 people do 9k damage instead of 10k you would be doing a total of 45k damage insted of 50k. The difference is 5k. 5/50×100=10%.

That’s incorrect , 5 people doing 10% less damage each is a total of 50% less damage over all as a group

your math that you just did was each player doing 1% damage different I promise you that if the zerker build atm is doing 9k a hit after the patch they will be doing 6k a hit or less

(edited by Drakent.9605)

in Warrior

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

So Drakent, how much damage would a group of 10 zerkers do after this patch?

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

no 1 know how much damage is zerker is going to lose in total , not possible to tell after the patch

Also why you keep saying 10, I have never seen a 10 man dungeon run

in Warrior

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

According to your math in the previous post 10 zerkers would do no damage at all.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

According to your math in the previous post 10 zerkers would do no damage at all.

please find a quote that for me b/c if you read my post it has been talking about a total of 10% damage lost over all on a berserk build and having 5 zerker doing 10% less damage each = to a 50% damage over all as a group

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

Reducing the Maximum Attainable Critical Damage

One of the main goals for balance in Guild Wars 2 is to support a wide variety of builds that cater to different play styles. The current implementation of critical damage works against this. Put simply, if critical damage-stacked builds are more effective than other approaches, the build diversity decreases. As we work to increase support and teamwork between players throughout the game, we examined how we could change critical damage to retain it as a fun and viable approach to build-making while also allowing other builds to shine.

The formula we’re using to convert ferocity into critical damage will reduce the current maximum obtainable values. At level 80, it will take 15 points of ferocity to gain 1% bonus critical damage, which means that there will about a 10% decrease in overall damage for a full “berserker” build.

in Warrior

Turamarth.3248

please find a quote that for me b/c if you read my post it has been talking about a total of 10% damage lost over all on a berserk build and having 5 zerker doing 10% less damage each = to a 50% damage over all as a group

That is wrong. Assuming all zerkers do 10k now and 8k after the patch:
1 zerker: 10k -> 8k = 2k less equals 2/10 = 0.2
2 zerkers: 20k -> 16k = 4k less equals 4/20 = 0.2
3 zerkers: 30k -> 24k = 6k less equals 6/30 = 0.2
4 zerkers: 40k -> 32k = 8k less equals 8/40 = 0.2
5 zerkers: 50k -> 40k = 10k less equals 10/50= 0.2

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

(edited by Turamarth.3248)

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

That’s incorrect , 5 people doing 10% less damage each is a total of 50% less damage over all as a group

your math that you just did was each player doing 1% damage different I promise you that if the zerker build atm is doing 9k a hit after the patch they will be doing 6k a hit or less

lol, I’m glad you aren’t the one caIculating the interest on my mortgage. I think you should research how percentages work. Also 9k damage versus 10k damage is a 10% difference not 1. If you had 10 million people doing 10% less damage the damage difference is still going to be 10%. 10% of 1 person doing 20k or 10% of 20 people doing 1k is the same. 10% of 5 people doing 100k is still 10%.

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

Your # are a assumption, not real data. No 1 know how much damage berserk build doing after the patch but the goal that anet is trying to do is stop from ppl to run nothing but berserk and give other classes a spot ( condition build) and the only way to do that is to bring the damage close to other kind of damage, so i’ll guarantee you that to pull that off is making berserk damage much lower then going from 10k to 8k it wouldn’t shock me if it goes from 10k to 6k

in Warrior

Turamarth.3248

Your # are a assumption, not real data. No 1 know how much damage berserk build doing after the patch but the goal that anet is trying to do is stop from ppl to run nothing but berserk and give other classes a spot ( condition build) and the only way to do that is to bring the damage close to other kind of damage, so i’ll guarantee you that to pull that off is making berserk damage much lower then going from 10k to 8k it wouldn’t shock me if it goes from 10k to 6k

I just wanted to show you that this

5 people doing 10% less damage each is a total of 50% less damage over all as a group

is completely wrong.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

PERCENTAGES
SCALE
WITH
NUMBERS

Why is this a hard concept for the Warrior forums to understand?

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

(edited by Moderator)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

we will have to see I doubt hundred blade damage will go above 20k now

O rly?

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3932442

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

I just wanted to show you that this

5 people doing 10% less damage each is a total of 50% less damage over all as a group

is completely wrong.

Sure ill at meet to it that my % could be wrong just like yours # are far off

as I explain and keep explaining is still impossible yet to tell how much damage zerker build is going lose but what I know for a fact is anet is trying to push off the idea of just doing 5 zerker only . there trying to nerf the build to the point that getting the best damage as possible in a group of 5 require other build into the group

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Aww… so I’m going to be maxing 45k’s on Brie instead of 50k now?
MRW: http://i.imgur.com/Gh1oV1o.gif

Also lol, Drakent if you don’t know what a percentage is then stop arguing with people about this topic. Your opinion isn’t going to be taken seriously if you keep trying to convince people that a percentage doesn’t scale with a larger sample size. I’m advising this to you for your own sake because it’s… honestly kind of painful to read.

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

Aww… so I’m going to be maxing 45k’s on Brie instead of 50k now?
MRW: http://i.imgur.com/Gh1oV1o.gif

Also lol, Drakent if you don’t know what a percentage is then stop arguing with people about this topic. Your opinion isn’t going to be taken seriously if you keep trying to convince people that a percentage doesn’t scale with a larger sample size. I’m advising this to you for your own sake because it’s… honestly kind of painful to read.

your argument has 0 merits so it doe’st bother me what you think and if hurts to read then don’t be a masochist and stop reading what you cant understand

in Warrior

Posted by: Rucker.9240

Rucker.9240

5 people doing 10% less dmg each doesn’t equate to 50% less dps as a group it equals one person doing 50% less dps or 10% less dps as a group.

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

5 people doing 10% less dmg each doesn’t equate to 50% less dps as a group it equals one person doing 50% less dps or 10% less dps as a group.

I allrdy at meet to the point that my # aren’t accurate, my hole point to my post is that 5 man zerker build is not going better then running a group of 3 zerker and 2 condition .

My entire point is now condition build will have a spot, any player that feels that having a condition build is going to slow down the group is Miss Inform b/c after the patch having at least 2 condition build in the group will be far better then just plain 5 zerker

in Warrior

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

OK one last try. To start, forget GW2 even exists.

In Nerfland, Tom has a sword which does 10 damage with each hit. He is capable of hitting his foes once every second, meaning he does a maximum of 10 damage per second.
His friend Brenda also has a sword. Her sword is identical to Tom’s, as is her strength, so she also does 10 damage to her foes with each hit. She also strikes once each second making her maximum damage per second 10.

Tom and Brenda were skipping through a meadow when out of nowhere jumped a fearsome troll. Tom recalled from his guide to the creatures of Nerfland that a troll will fall after a mere 18 strikes with a sword.
Exchanging a nod with Brenda, Tom drew his sword and struck the troll. Brenda, not wanting to be outdone, followed his blow immediately with one of her own. The troll knew not how to respond to such advanced manoeuvres and simply stamped its foot on the ground, only to be met by 2 further blows a second after the initial strike. 7 seconds later, Tom and Brenda hit the troll for the last time. They had now struck the creature 9 times each totalling 180 damage so it collapsed in a heap to the ground.

The gods of Nerfland looked down upon this encounter and were not best pleased. Every single second, Tom and Brenda were able to hit for 10 damage each, meaning their group damage per second was 20. Perhaps if the blade of the sword was slightly dulled, reducing the damage per hit from 10 to 9, the troll would have stood a fair chance. This would make the tales that Tom and Brenda would tell much more impressive.

Tom and Brenda resumed their skip through the meadow only to be met by another troll. “Same again?” asked Tom. “I guess.” responded Brenda, clearly still exhilarated by the battle they had just fought. Much like before, Tom and Brenda struck the troll with their swords but something was wrong. Their blades did not penetrate the thick hide of the troll the same way they had done before. Nevertheless, the troll whimpered and stamped its foot the same way the other had done.
After the standard 9 strikes each the troll still stood. The swords were only doing 9 damage per strike, so the troll had 18/180 health remaining. Shrugging his shoulders, Tom hit it one more time with his friend following immediately after. The troll fell.

“Hmm”, said Brenda. “It took us 20 hits to fell the troll when before it was only 18. It seems our DPS has been nerfed by 10 percent.”

The gods looked down upon this perplexed. The troll should have been able to withstand those blows now they did less damage. Maybe they should have a bit more health…

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in Warrior

Drakent.9605

Snipp

Good lord man what in the word are you trying to say?

K let me try to understand you. Are you trying to say that after the nerf for berserk build it wont make much a difference that condition build wont still be playable on dungeons ?

Are you saying that 5 berserk are still better then 2 condition and 3 berseker build?

because if you saying that, i will say you incorrect b/c the entire purpose of nerfing berserk is for that reason and this is coming from anet it self ,so is not even my opinion but fact

in Warrior

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Actually, in addition to nerfing crit damage Anet is also buffing support. My opinion, which is the correct one since Anet has a clear goal with these changes, is that you will have to replace 2 more berserkers with one healer and one boon bot, resulting in 2 condition classes, 1 berserker faceplanter, 1 healer and 1 booner. That will do exactly 23,7% more damage per player than the second best option resulting in a 118,5% damage increase for your party.

in Warrior

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Anet said that this is just the first step to make other types of build viable and purge the “GO FULL ZERK OR GTFO” movement that has been plaguing the game since launch. I hope it works, getting sick of these PvE meta builds.

It can´t work. Dungeon/Boss Design and combat mechanics are the reason why max dps is the best u can go for.
Rampagergear should deal the same dmg as Berserker, but that´s another problem.
Precision as a mainstat without critdmg is bad.
Power/prec/con oder Con/power/prec would be much better.

We will have ~ old exotic dps without asc items. And the meta is older then asc. So u have your answer.
Im sure u will see even more gearchecks then before.

@Konu

U will need heal if u can´t dogde/avoid most of the incoming dmg. If u need these, how do u want to balance the game?
Guardians can bring permanprot + 600hps and more. More then the other classes.
What´s with basedefense?
If u can´t avoid the dmg, how should Ele/Thief do dmg? If they NEED PVT Armor to get the same defense that warriors have in Fullzerkergear u will throw everything away.
This can´t be balanced. Impossibel.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

It can´t work. Dungeon/Boss Design and combat mechanics are the reason why max dps is the best u can go for.
Rampagergear should deal the same dmg as Berserker, but that´s another problem.
Precision as a mainstat without critdmg is bad.
Power/prec/con oder Con/power/prec would be much better.

Im sure u will see even more gearchecks then before.

@Konu

U will need heal if u can´t dogde/avoid most of the incoming dmg. If u need these, how do u want to balance the game?
Guardians can bring permanprot + 600hps and more. More then the other classes.
What´s with basedefense?
If u can´t avoid the dmg, how should Ele/Thief do dmg? If they NEED PVT Armor to get the same defense that warriors have in Fullzerkergear u will throw everything away.
This can´t be balanced. Impossibel.

Who’s to say that they don’t have dungeons/boss designs in the works. They claimed that this was only the beginning. That they needed to set up the framework to bring about the changes this game needs.

in Warrior

Norjena.5172

Without a trinity u can´t make other builds viable.
Rampager yes, but anything else not.

If they are viable/usefull, u need them. And u can´t finish the content with any setup.

in Warrior

McFribble.2349

Snipp

Good lord man what in the word are you trying to say?

K let me try to understand you. Are you trying to say that after the nerf for berserk build it wont make much a difference that condition build wont still be playable on dungeons ?

Are you saying that 5 berserk are still better then 2 condition and 3 berseker build?

because if you saying that, i will say you incorrect b/c the entire purpose of nerfing berserk is for that reason and this is coming from anet it self ,so is not even my opinion but fact

I would also like to state that ANet are NOT trying to make X Zerker and X Condition in groups the meta. Groups SHOULD NOT need to run any specific builds to be optimal. The whole point to the update it to make sure that regardless of who is running what (5 Zerkers, 2 Zerkers and a 3 Conditions, or all 5 being Condition) that everything equals out in the end.

I repeat: FULL ZERKER GROUPS SHOULD STILL BE VIABLE. YOU NOW JUST HAVE OPTIONS TO DO SOMETHING ELSE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hallen.7154

Hallen.7154

In before zerker is still completely viable. Maybe if they buffed conditions vs npc’s people might look at condition based builds, but for pve there’s going to be no real change in the zerker meta imo.

in Warrior

McFribble.2349

In before zerker is still completely viable. Maybe if they buffed conditions vs npc’s people might look at condition based builds, but for pve there’s going to be no real change in the zerker meta imo.

Dungeons are already too easy to complete, and power creep has virtually destroyed many a MMO in the past. I’d rather Anet tone back 1 thing than to buff 6 others to compete.

If nothing changes, it is simply because people are already FAR too invested into their gear to afford any radical changes. Having the option to do so however, is the framework that this game was built upon.

in Warrior

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

To explain you why people ,,don’t agree" with your math:

+ 5 people

10 people doing 10% less damage each is a total of 100% less damage over all as a group

So it there would be group of 10 people in beserker (for example world boss) they would do no damage to him. That is why your math fail.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

This math…ouch..my head…so wrong…

please consult your educator to prevent further injuries to people’s brains.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

My math was basically. Characters will still have a base of 150% However adding additional crit damage will provide diminishing returns.

Object of the Rampager build is to Have 100% Crit chance so you always Crit But instead of dealing additional dmage through incread Crit damage you deal Aditional Damage through Stacks of Bleed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

It won’t be used for one simple reason: delayed damage.
All condition builds have a small buildup time at the start of the fight during which they do very low dps, and while it isn’t very noticeable on bosses, it will slow down killing trash considerably.

in Warrior

Norjena.5172

+ 5 people

10 people doing 10% less damage each is a total of 100% less damage over all as a group

So it there would be group of 10 people in beserker (for example world boss) they would do no damage to him. That is why your math fail.

Wrong.
5 People all the same dps.
1 is doing 10% less dps=2% less party dps
5 people doing 10% less dps=10% less party dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

+ 5 people

Wrong.
5 People all the same dps.
1 is doing 10% less dps=2% less party dps
5 people doing 10% less dps=10% less party dps.

Why you quote my post that says basicaly the same? That his math is bad…..just in reverse way. You should quote his post with this. If you dont know i was explaining someone else how absurd his calculations are…..

(edited by daros.3407)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Its not 10% per person its more like a 15-20% redution as seen here.
You can fanboyish believe whatever ANET says but I know better cuz in the past its been wrong many times.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Real-impact-of-critical-damage-changes/page/3

in Warrior

Posted by: Bargaw.4832

Bargaw.4832

It’s good until another class that uses bleeds comes to party.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

With his logic you will actually heal when there are more than 10 people. lol.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

With his logic you will actually heal when there are more than 10 people. lol.

For sake of argument we will say its 10% but its closer to 15% in reality.
Before patch your parties DPS is 20K

Now after the nerf your parties DPS is 18000
20,000/5=4000
4000/100=40
40/90=3600
3600X5=18000
——————————-
20,000/100%=200
200X90=18,000
18,000/200=90%
100%-90%=10%
20,000-18,000=2000
2,000=10%
2,000/10=200
200X100=20,000

A difference of 10%

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Um, why are you telling me that? I was obviously in agreement, poking fun at the fact that by Drakent’s logic, having 11 people would mean a 110% reduction in damage (which is obviously absurd).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Warrior

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

ROFL @ Drakent. Not sure if masterful troll or didn’t pay attention in school.

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

If anything it’ll just become more prominent with the nerf to crit damage. Less damage from the same people will make it more noticeable that there is someone in a non zerk build.

The only way to get the numbers anet has said for the crit damage change is literally to crit 100% of the time.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The only thing this crit damage nerf will do is force everybody in PVE into zerk even more, and force everybody in PvP/roaming WvW even more into conditions.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.