Ranged Warrior Viable for PvE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I just rolled a warrior (lvl 11) and like the idea of a ranged sniper. I never felt like I got that with Ranger or Engineer, so I’m giving it a go with a warrior. Can you level a warrior as a ranged class (rifle and/or longbow) in both open world and dungeons?

Briefly looking over the traits I’m thinking high crit, adrenaline building, burst rifle with precision banner & bolos. Thoughts? Traits? Skills? Viable??

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Warrior

Posted by: zoran.4826

zoran.4826

it is viable, in pve at 80 in full zerk gearyour looking at a near 20k headshot and 15k volley. and your hundred blades drops to arround 15k, instead of the normal 25k ish .

at ranged you spend less time on your back, and when you can be in mele range you just hundred blades to build adrenaline, swap to rifle headshot, brutal shot, volley, swap to gs for hundred blades.

it cycles thru flawlessly as if designed to be done like that

in Warrior

Seras.5702

Nice. So rifle/GS combo huh? I’ll work on that rotation next.

I was hoping to be able to run rifle/longbow, but it seems that they’re kinda designed to be one or the other.

My ascertion is that longbow is a condition weapon, rifle is a power weapon (even if it does spread bleeding on autoattack). Killshot & #4 sorta emphasize that point. Amiright?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I use a Longbow / GS combo, If you want high single-target damage: Rifle, but even though LB looks like a condition weapon, it is actually more of a AoE burst weapon, very effective in WvW and absolutely shines when defending and attacking walls/gates

The Reason for the GS is that is offers way too much to a warrior to pass up, it gives you really easy high-damage adrenaline gain, as well as alot of escapability with 3 and 5

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

At high levels (for me it was above 60) the rifle is great for pve, expecially with the GS like zoran said, but up until those higher levels the LB seems to perform better for pve. It provides great aoe damage (arcing arrow does as much as killshot at early levels for me), with only a little less range, which the rifle only provides once you get the piercing trait. Just thought I’d give my opinion.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Warrior

Posted by: Honsu.3175

Honsu.3175

Fun thing with the LB as a condition weapon is it actually performs better if you build berserker instead of condition dmg. This is because with berserker and signet of rage/ for great justice you can consistly hit 80ish% crit. With a superior sigil of earth thats a consistant 8+ bleed stacks from LB auto attack. That and your #3 skill suddenly hits like a truck. If you compliment this approach with for great justice, signet of rage and banners you can easily substain 700 cond dmg with no cond dmg gear to get alot of dmg out of the bleeds

The same approach applies for MH sword allowing you another fun way to play that gets the dmg of the blade up to axe lvls.

in Warrior

Seras.5702

I have noticed that at my low level LB #3 hits pretty hard. Rifle is pretty great 1-on-1 but I can gather up a few enemies and nuke em with LB. Killshot is just so much fun when stacked with vulnerability. I’m going to gear for straight power/prec damage and see how that works for me.

in Warrior

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

build your range warr and go Orr.
See how it goes.

in Warrior

Seras.5702

build your range warr and go Orr.
See how it goes.

I’m assuming you mean it’s not going to.

That’s ok. I’ve gotten bored with warrior already. The weapon skills are great. But the utilities are mostly passive stat buffs and the physical skills are all just boring control. There’s no flair. It’s no wonder there were so many 5 signet warriors back in the day…what’s the big difference between Signet of Might, Banner of Strength, & For Great Justice? I mean, I can read the differences, but it’s not that much. Everything is just more power, more stats, more stability/knockdown. Boring. Which is a shame cuz I was liking the weapon variety and access to LB & rifle. But without fun utilities to use actively as well, what’s the point?