Re: balance update

in Warrior

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Thanks for the balance update.

One thing really sticks out as a problem, though. Warriors were comically broken in the amount of sustain they had while still doing damage in spvp and wvw before, and to my eyes their only change was increasing their damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

increased the damage on guards to. And then nerfed ele’s damage in pve… Even I am now beginning to lose hope here…

in Warrior

Posted by: Fhynix.2105

Fhynix.2105

Though I like the changes to the thief (cuz they didn’t destroy vital parts of the meta build :P ) I still don’t think the changes will fix the problem of omnipresent guards/DH in sPvP.

The only change that goes towards that is the increased cast time of the Spear of Justice (F1). Apart from that, I see various skills damage increased or have their cooldown reduced.

Please note, that Guard / DH is a very strong while incredibly easy-to-play class with too little counterplay. Although this is a step in the right direction, I’d like to see some changes that disallow a guard to be invulnerable/blocking for more than 5s straight (e.g. chain: Elite + F3 + Weaponskills + Heal).

in Warrior

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Though I like the changes to the thief (cuz they didn’t destroy vital parts of the meta build :P ) I still don’t think the changes will fix the problem of omnipresent guards/DH in sPvP.

The only change that goes towards that is the increased cast time of the Spear of Justice (F1). Apart from that, I see various skills damage increased or have their cooldown reduced.

Please note, that Guard / DH is a very strong while incredibly easy-to-play class with too little counterplay. Although this is a step in the right direction, I’d like to see some changes that disallow a guard to be invulnerable/blocking for more than 5s straight (e.g. chain: Elite + F3 + Weaponskills + Heal).

Warrior immunity to damage makes guardian look like glass, but I see what you’re saying.

The only real counter play to guardian at the moment might be necro, and everything else is counter play to that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Of course. Necro got GS buffed (again), which still doesn’t make it any useful, and its condi side got practically ignored. Also again.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Warrior

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

ANET more-or-less invalidated the entire Chronomancer specialization. Revenats are now chronomancers too.

I find that deeply insulting and on top of that.. the change didn’t actually help rev much.

All hail the PvP lord DH.

Mesmerising Girl

in Warrior

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

ANET more-or-less invalidated the entire Chronomancer specialization. Revenats are now chronomancers too…..

Really? Hmm..

Was there a stealth buff in the patch notes where Revs were given the ability to provide 100% quickness uptime, in addition to their alacrity?

in Warrior

Ithilwen.1529

ANET sold Chronomancer on it’s unique ability, Alacrity. Now that ability isn’t unique. In doing so, they invalidated an entire HoT specialization. That’s not cool, no matter how you spin it.

Mesmerising Girl

in Warrior

Posted by: Keegan.4172

Keegan.4172

ANET sold Chronomancer on it’s unique ability, Alacrity. Now that ability isn’t unique. In doing so, they invalidated an entire HoT specialization. That’s not cool, no matter how you spin it.

so you’re saying that single ability makes up the entirety of the specialization?

(80s) Chronomancer, Reaper, Tempest, Druid, Berserker, Daredevil, Revenant.
(Below 80) Guardian, Engineer.

in Warrior

Ithilwen.1529

It was in fact the primary selling point and unique ability of the profession. I say “was.” now Revenants are chronomancers too.

Pretty soon the will be casting portals and Moa too.

Mesmerising Girl

in Warrior

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Pretty sure that they never said it would stay unique to Chrono’s either, just their unique flavor. If you have a source that they said it would remain unique, I would gladly accept that.

Also, if you thought about it long enough, you would have realized that it wouldn’t be healthy for the long term health of the game for Chrono’s be the only ones with access to alacrity, it needed access else where in the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

It was in fact the primary selling point and unique ability of the profession. I say “was.” now Revenants are chronomancers too.

Ithilwen do you have to QQ about this in every single class forum?

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

mending meta inc lads
it now heals more hp/sec than heal sig

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

mending meta inc lads
it now heals more hp/sec than heal sig

If you also count the 1sec castime. So devide by 16.. you get around 30hps more compared to HS. +3 condi cleanse..

Big difference is you can be interrupted.. dunno i will try it out more

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

go complain in the chronomancer section or the revenant section. this is not related to warriors at all.

im bad at sarcasm