Real Talk: Rampage, PVE, PVP, WVW, DUNG.

in Warrior

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

With the advent of Defiance Break Bars, how are you making use of our Elite Skill Rampage? When was the last time you used it? Do you think its 25% Damage Resistance Buff has made it usable?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Rampage has considerable drawbacks. Long cooldown, no access to utilities, no access to burst skills, no access to weapon skills. It is weaker to slot rampage than to slot headbutt and use for example mace/mace or mace/shield on your second weapon set.

Why because you still retain all of the cc, and you don’t lose out on utilites,burst skills,weapon skills.

Don’t use rampage it’s a weaker choice. Think about using headbutt. Mace/shield or mace/mace on swap. So like GS mace mace. And if you are condi you can just use headbut and slot somthinging like wildblow/stomp etc.

Don’t use rampage its a noob choice.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

with reference to pvp I’m curious where the statement “headbutt > rampage and rampage is a noob choice” comes from.
I mean warrior is bad anyways atm but last time I saw a dps warrior in a serious tournement he did use rampage and last time I saw rom playing warrior he did use rampage as well.
Don’t know maybe headbutt worked better for you in soloq random matches but I would always be careful with general statements like that.
I can not understand how you can even suggest using headbutt in the current meta which is dominated from invulnerability-skills,stability on dodges/shatter,evades ,blinds and other conditions. Considering it has also a horrible range it probably misses with a chance of 75%~ but that’s a different stroy.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Lol @ warlord, you dont know what you’re saying man haha.
Like Dominik Said, I saw rom using it countless times aswell. If you know the rotation combined with the right timing it can save your life.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

“with the advent of defiance break bars”

This was never a pvp thread, op clearly only asking about it from a pve perspective

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Becasue Headbutt is a 3 seconds stun and gives you full adrenaline and alows you to enter in berserk er mode?

From a PVP perspective it also is a stunbreak and removes immobilze, and headbut can also give you stability if u trait eternal champion and trait zerk mode breaks stuns.. Even if the person has stability and u land it, it still gives u full addrin which you can use to activate zerk mode. You do realize that zerkers have like perma stab and you can spam CI in zerk mode? so you are curing 3 condis every 15 adrin instead of 30 and burstmastery basically leaves you with half adrin?

You do realize that a 3 second stun does more damage to a break bar than a 1/2, 3/4s,3/4s duration cc.

Rampage skills If you add kick, dash, throw boulder and scimic leap al together it is 3 seconds worth of cc. That is 4 skills to equal the amount of dammage that headbutt does to a break bar.

Then Consindering you can do a headbut, then follow up with skull crak for 6 seconds of CC do a mace tremmor knockdown for another 2, a pomel bash for a daze, then still use somthing like wildblow that does massive dammage to break bars becasue its broken kinda like how technobable works.

The way the game calculates how much dammage a skill does to a break bar is based on the duration of the CC that is used.

Please don’t question it just know it.

I don’t even understand why you are even questioning me or my response. Also ROM don’t play warrior anymore and that was in a different meta when rampage was strong its trash in this meta.

IN PVE the meta is to use headbutt also becasue berserk mode and spamming burst skills and a big increase to DPS over standard warrior.

Thats ontop of my 1st response. So there you go not only is it skillfully bad but its also mathematically bad and its a dps loss.

Most the people that says zerker mode and Headbutt is bad are players that don’t know how to adapt and if you complain that you miss headbutt you are pretty bad at warrior since all warrior skills are easy to dodge and I think headbutt has pretty much no tell, when u are close enough to land it.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Rampage has considerable drawbacks. Long cooldown, no access to utilities, no access to burst skills, no access to weapon skills. It is weaker to slot rampage than to slot headbutt and use for example mace/mace or mace/shield on your second weapon set.

Why because you still retain all of the cc, and you don’t lose out on utilites,burst skills,weapon skills.

Don’t use rampage it’s a weaker choice. Think about using headbutt. Mace/shield or mace/mace on swap. So like GS mace mace. And if you are condi you can just use headbut and slot somthinging like wildblow/stomp etc.

Don’t use rampage its a noob choice.

The only problem with Headbutt is that you have to slot Berserker to use it. If you’re running a non-Berserker build, you have to reshape your entire build around a traitline that you don’t need.

Other than that, yeah, Headbutt would be a better option. It’s certainly a better option if you’re using Berserker.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Like Dominik Said, I saw rom using it countless times aswell. If you know the rotation combined with the right timing it can save your life.

I agree, Rampage has saved my life more than a few times. It really helps blast down pesky damage sponges like Reapers and Druids in a pinch situation.

No, it doesn’t always work, because a lot of players know how to mitigate Rampage now, but it can still save your life or break a stalemate if you know how to use it.

If some people consider it a “noob” option, so be it. I still consider Rampage viable in sPvP, even after the duration nerf.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I agree, Rampage has saved my life more than a few times. It really helps blast down pesky damage sponges like Reapers and Druids in a pinch situation.

No, it doesn’t always work, because a lot of players know how to mitigate Rampage now, but it can still save your life or break a stalemate if you know how to use it.

If some people consider it a “noob” option, so be it. I still consider Rampage viable in sPvP, even after the duration nerf.

Lets compare eternal champion to Rampage.

Eternal champion gain stability and might when u break a stun get pulsing stab when entering zerk mode, pulses 1 stack of stab every 3 second for the duration of zerk mode. Zerk mode CD 15 seconds
.(4 stacks of stab for the 1st 3 seconds when using headbutt/savage instinct/F2.) CD 15 seconds.

Lets add headbutt into the equation and take savage instinct.

Full combo here.
Headbutt(break stun, remove immob) 3 second stun.
F2 Enter zerk Mode (Clear 1 condi, Break Stun.)>>>Proc eternal Champion Gain Stability for 3 seconds. Pulse 1 stack of stability every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Gain 3 might. CD 15 seconds. Headbutt CD 20 seconds.

Have access to all skills and traits.

Rampage 180 sec CD. Pulses 2 stacks of stab every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Has 4 ccs all combined durations of those CC = 3 seconds. Has no access to CI or Utilitys, no access to skills.

Eternal champion>Rampage.

Rampage is terrible in comparison to Headbutt when used with savage instinct and eternal champion. The only upside to Rampage is that 1 extra stack of stab every 2 seconds and u get more HP if you are full HP when u pop it. However considering that you will get stab whenever u break a stun with eternal champion trait that will turn things like endure pain, and headbutt into skills that give u stab. That also means you don’t get a self stun if you use headbutt to break a stun even if u land it. And if you miss it doesn’t matter.

Becasue you can essentially have on demand stab with eternal champion and it only has basically a 15 second down time compared to the 180 second downtime of rampage its a no brainier.

(edited by Warlord.9074)