Reckless.... WTF?!

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Someone in the Mesmer forum posted this pic of him taking 6,960 damage from Reckless Dodge. He said he was wearing a mix of Knights and Berserker gear, and seems to be posting for the lulz not the QQ.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/197195/gw041.jpg

Questions:

1. What is a normal Reckless Dodge for you post-patch?
  2. What is the highest Reckless Dodge damage you’ve noticed?
  3. What were the circumstances that allowed it?
  4. How much damage is too much for RD, in your opinion?

My RDs are usually in the 3k range, iirc, though I regularly get in the low-mid 4k range if I’ve built up a lot of might. I run full zerk and trait for Strength.

I don’t know how much is too much, but the potential to take someone’s health down to roughly half (on up to 5 targets) with a dodge seems excessive to me.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Maybe it’s secretly affected by peak performance.

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Decided to go into HotM for some testing purposes.

Stacked 25 stacks might with GS, took Arms for the 5% more damage to bleeding target, Strength to proc a full Berserker’s Power, Tactics for Empowered and Empower Allies.

Mind you, Berserker’s Amulet and Ogre runes caused this, I forgot to apply a Sigil of Force to the GS but that being said, we can more or less consider how a 212% increased critical damage might be affected by the number of % increases we get from traits.

For the record, around 25 stacks of might I looked at Reckless dodge’s trait to see its damage, I got it around 1100 damage on a dodge roll, so factor in the percentages and the critical damage…

Attachments:

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

My highest was 5852 against a good GS/Rifle warrior. he dodged almost all my attacks but he forgot to dodge my dodges

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Decided to go into HotM for some testing purposes.

Stacked 25 stacks might with GS, took Arms for the 5% more damage to bleeding target, Strength to proc a full Berserker’s Power, Tactics for Empowered and Empower Allies.

Mind you, Berserker’s Amulet and Ogre runes caused this, I forgot to apply a Sigil of Force to the GS but that being said, we can more or less consider how a 212% increased critical damage might be affected by the number of % increases we get from traits.

For the record, around 25 stacks of might I looked at Reckless dodge’s trait to see its damage, I got it around 1100 damage on a dodge roll, so factor in the percentages and the critical damage…

Wvw will give a mixture of additional buffs, but we’re still pretty close to the max possible damage under some pretty unlikely conditions with the original screen shot.

Perhaps it’s not that big of a deal. Still, it’s a wicked strong trait, imo.

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Around 5:35 he hits a dodge for 7617 damage. 18 stacks of might, no vulnerability on the necro, no food or stacks on the warrior. I think you can reach well over 10k with vulnerability, stacks and might.

Nerf inc.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

It could be happening if you do an auto and reckless dodge at the same time. The system gets weird when that happens, it begins to count the auto and reckless as one attack it feels like.

I’ve had situations where reckless dodge hit for a lot but I’m pretty sure I hit the auto-attack button slightly before reckless.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

As Mesmer yday I got 5.3k crit from 3rd chain of AA from thief, and I have 2.4k Armor.

To be frank, problem isn’t damage, but patch rekt very hard the whole power/armor stats and that need a solid rework in Player vs Player formula.

Knowing Anet, they’ll make another balance with readjustment of those stats 6 months later, because why would they do it now.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Either way, it looks like an intervention to RD is needed. I don’t see anybody saying 7k+ is reasonable, and I’ve had more buffs on me when I’ve hit low 4k than the person in the video, so it may be bugged.

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I have done a 7,5K RD once. 5.5K-6K is not rare. I run full glass from time to time and it might have been on a fully glass thief. Also play in groups as good as 100% of my time so buffs are up there.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Reckless.... WTF?!

in Warrior

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

My personal Record is 8441 dmg on Subject Alpha.