Regarding the Warrior nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: ThePlanez.5871

ThePlanez.5871

Okay, so basically, from my interpretation, warriors r getting only one nerf, which is the -8% passive for HS, which i dont really mind, cos i dont depend on it for survival. As for the crit dmg, crit chance conversion to ferocity, it applies to all classes, so i dont know why everyone is fussing abut it. but i just got some questions that im unsure of the answers to.

Firstly, how much would the new conversion to ferocity decrease zerker warrior’s dmg? for example, i main a full zerker GS warrior, say if i hit 35k with the last hit of HB, how much would that decrease by after the patch? i read different threads, but they all say that it would decrease more than 10%, which is different from the release notes.

Secondly, would warriors’ dps rating drop below any other classes after patch for PvE? and would there be a new warrior dps build after the release?

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

If anything, warrior’s survival was slightly buffed due to overall damage across all classes going down.

And of course, the addition of traits like +1000 toughness on stun break is a pretty big buff for certain builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: ThePlanez.5871

ThePlanez.5871

If anything, warrior’s survival was slightly buffed due to overall damage across all classes going down.

And of course, the addition of traits like +1000 toughness on stun break is a pretty big buff for certain builds.

cos i mainly PvE, do u know whether if any other class builds would surpass warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkanis Drako.5169

Arkanis Drako.5169

Every class had their critical damage reduced, which hits the warrior as well.
So it takes them longer to take down threats.

I cannot say that I like this nerf, but I guess 8% less is still acceptable.
What I don´t understand is, why they haven´t buffed the active part of this skill, as they planned before. The main problem I see with this skill is, that there is no reason to activate the signet. They could, for example, multiply the passive healing with the cooldown and make that the active healing.

For example: 360 health per second. When activated 7200 health at once (5760 when the signet trait reduces the cooldown to 16 seconds).

So you can regenerate light damage, and when it gets critical you can heal a large amount to make a last ditch effort in exchange for the passive.

Mending heals less for the same cooldown, but removes conditions,
Adrenaline Surge heals less with a higher cooldown but can heal much more at once when the adreneline is full.

The warriors healing skills would be relatively balanced, had all warrior skills the same cooldown and their pros and cons be scaled appropriately.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

We don’t know how much less hard enemys will hit us. But we do know there was no nerf to condition specs. Most people said 10% nerf is negligible. Other people said its more than 10% that is closer to a 15% nerf. Everybody forgets that warrior has nothing but its sturdy body and a couple of utilities to negate damage. That should be taken into account before screaming for nerfs currently the new players and less skilled who have been inciting this witch hunt are either not aware of or don’t know how to apply poison or build for burst damage. So given that I think nerfing these players crit damage will further weaken them since they are not running appropiate builds to begin with and lack the skill and knowledge to deal with warriors.

Its a 2 sided coin warriors depend on damage for defense and generally the goal is to kill before being killed in any scenario with any build when it comes to warriors. If anything other classes received a survival buff warriors recieved a damage and survival nerf becasue more than just healing signet is getting nerfed folks were getting across the board nerfs that effect multiple differnt things.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

For PVE the crit damage nerf is not a big deal, everyone is getting such nerf.

The primary with crit damage nerf is with WvW, and more specifically roaming. This is where condition based build hugely dominates. And after the crit damage nerf, everyone and their mother is going to move to condition based builds. It basically decrease build diversity, and destroy the enjoyment for that mode of play.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

The primary with crit damage nerf is with WvW, and more specifically roaming. This is where condition based build hugely dominates. And after the crit damage nerf, everyone and their mother is going to move to condition based builds. It basically decrease build diversity, and destroy the enjoyment for that mode of play.

Yes and warrior was already at a huge disadvantage to certain condi builds of other professions things just got worst.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

You gotta love how they’re nerfing actual power based builds while condi can still sit in dire/apothecary, cap out their condi dmg while bringing loads of toughness/vitality/healing power and full auto spam PTV/sentinel hammer trains won’t notice the change at all.

Edit: Oh wait, they can now charge mindlessly into red circles more because it’ll hurt less.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Warrior

bigmonto.4215

If anything, crit damage nerf is an actual buff to warrior. The biggest issue with HS is that its inability to survive burst and focus. Now the bust is much lowered, it give the warrior much easier time to react.

The new Sigil cooldown will also be a huge buff to warriors with fat hands. If you just stick 1 Sigil of battle into 1 of your weapons, you get to maintain 9 stacks of might.

I can just see shout heal, conditional warrior complete dominate.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

If anything, crit damage nerf is an actual buff to warrior. The biggest issue with HS is that its inability to survive burst and focus. Now the bust is much lowered, it give the warrior much easier time to react.

The new Sigil cooldown will also be a huge buff to warriors with fat hands. If you just stick 1 Sigil of battle into 1 of your weapons, you get to maintain 9 stacks of might.

except that’s something we can already do. we can already have 1 sigil of battle per swap. Always have been. you cant have 2 battles on the same weaponset though not now and not in the future.

I really dont see where the complaining was coming from about fast hands. Simply put all of the damage based sigils such as battle are inferior to sigil of force.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Except crit damage changes don’t affect sPVP.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

bigmonto.4215

except that’s something we can already do. we can already have 1 sigil of battle per swap.

Yes, but most don’t in WvW, because there are other sigils more preferable. Personally I use Hydromancy for that extra chill on my GS. To me, that’s 300+ free power adding sigil of battle, after the patch.

The thing is warrior can now use 4 different on-swap or crit sigils and get the full affect of all 4 of them, other class can only use halve the number sigils to get their full fact.

I am not saying its OPed, and I am definitely not complaining.

I just want to make the point that this patch is actually a buff to warriors, more specifically to conditional warriors in WvW.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Warrior

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

cos i mainly PvE, do u know whether if any other class builds would surpass warriors?

If you don’t mind having a super low health pool zerk ele’s can abuse the fiery GS rush glitch and do just as much if not more burst then a warrior (or any class IMO).

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

bigmonto.4215

Except crit damage changes don’t affect sPVP.

Who said anything about SPVP?