Revamp healing surge

Revamp healing surge

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

Right now warriors are pigeonholed to run healing signet in almost everything they do. this is simply because of the stupid reason that not because is it a 12k/30s heal. I personally know many people who say they would run healing surge at 10k/30s in a heartbeat if it did not have an adrenaline aspect tied to the heal amount.
This skill is so old any not thought out that nobody will ever touch it because the only way to get a heal off as a warrior is to remove your condies first (unless you want poison to screw you over) but the sad thing about healing surge is that using your burst to remove the condies will make your heal suck just as much. there is no win.
Healing surge is OP. I admit that. due to cleansing ire keeping poison at bay the 12k/30s heal is potent and saying poison counters it just doesnt cut it.
Here is my suggestion. We all know healing signet is getting nerfed to around 10l/30s (hey look at that number!) so why not revamp healing surge a bit to heal for a base of 9-10k NO MATTER WHAT. it will refill the adren to full still to make up for the fact that it is not a passive and uninterrupted heal, but it gives skilled players more choice over how and when they want to use their heal. Do they want passive ticking for long drawn out fights/fights where they know healing may be hard to do, or do they want to snipe full heals in between poisons, play offensively with high adrenaline but be susceptible to failure in healing.

Revamp healing surge

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Remove healing based on adrenaline level
Remove filling all adrenaline
Remove/change the scaling per adrenaline level to a flat .75-.8

Have it grant 3 adrenaline every 2 seconds while off cooldown.
Have it heal at a level 3 adrenaline base level no matter what.

Just my opinion on what they should do with it.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Revamp healing surge

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I agree that it needs to be changed, but I have no certainty with what either of you two suggested. What I know for sure is that in PvE it’s only worth using for the purpose of restoring adrenaline after an eviscarate… but since I use Arms I most of the time, I lose precision from not having healing signet equipped.

For PvP, I still think it’s less viable than signet. I don’t care for the PvP on this game as much because of how there isn’t any consequence to failure (shrug, I’m bored. I want to risk-fight), but I can easily imagine a situation in which I’m sitting at roughly half health, use healing surge and take a semi large hit soon after by surprise. It seems like it’d be a lot easier to get stuck in a position where you can’t do anything to survive whereas healing signet not only is consistently mitigating condition damage but alleviates the problem of being stuck in a position where you have to wait X amount of seconds until you aren’t sitting at an uncomfortably low amount of health.