Revenant reroll, just tried Warrior again...

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

So I rerolled a Revenant when HoT launched, and I’ve been having a blast playing it. Today I thought I’d give Berserker another chance, since Warrior was my original main and I miss playing that character.

Man, what a disappointment. Everything feels strictly worse than Revenant. I’m so squishy and my damage feels no better as a tradeoff. I have pretty much zero sustain and mediocre dps. Warrior gets some decent group utility, but I don’t even feel like PS+banners is any better than what the Herald brings to the table.

I tried making a condi Berserker and was left scratching my head. What’s the point?

Berserker is still bad after weeks and weeks of feedback, starting during beta. What is going on?

in Warrior

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Already told & said. Imo, it’s not the berserker itself but the core warrior that have problems… There’s plenty of topics that are talking about it.

What’s going on? No one has an idea. Anet has given 0 communication.

In PvE, Berserker seems to do fine/great (I don’t play PvE or WvW), but in PvP… there’s no real reason to take a warrior. And it’s gonna be impossible to rework warrior or even balance it… because of PvE, imo. The PvE and PvP are lied since they fusionned them….

After 3.5y there’s still a lot of skills not working as intended. There’s no real changes to the warrior. This Berserker is just a liiiiittle “new thing”, you have no real reason to get it since adrenaline is so kittenty. They gave a PULL to the guards omg… and they made revenant so cool it feels like a real warrior to me. Even the necro is more warrior than the warrior class….

The developers don’t play Warrior (or their game…), thus they don’t even know what they are doing. They don’t care about what the players are saying/asking.

They don’t deserve all those posts made by players trying to help them, suggest them ideas etc, they don’t deserve all those efforts.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

As warrior, I’m so disappointed. And sooo jealous for all the cool things the other classes got. IT’S SO kittenING DEPRESSING to think about it… why can’t you have a little imagination ?! Come on you had 3,5 year.

This berserker was a sooo little mode. Like 0 new thing, it just changes the F1 that you already have. I mean, it’s not a real F2 or F3/4, not a health bar, not a skill bar. It just transforms your F1 into another F1 that’s little different but still the same (less strong version of it). They want warrior soo basic that… it’s just sad. Come on, how’s that we’re still stuck with only one f1?

And the torch … come on xD it’s even more “magic” thing than a staff. I’d prefer a staff (like revenant/thief) than a kittening torch. Or maybe a new weapon made only for warrior?
Even a dagger, I’d say yes … come on didn’t you know that medieval knights(even the “barbarians”) had daggers?

How’s that fast hand isn’t a basic trait of warrior… it’s still stuck in discipline… I mean… have you seen a warrior without fast hand?…

(edited by Asato.5479)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

welp, for pve, I think berserkers dps is extremely good. in pvp, I think berserker can maintain good dps, and be tanky.

I think the problem warrior has, which is kinda weird imo, is lack of healing/protection. The healing skills on warrior are all situation based and imo suck. Healing signet was the go to forever but it cant save you anymore

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

I’ts sad really. I was maining Warrior before HoT because I was tired of Guardian and I love the Warrior for PvE and PvP (Greatsword got good, I was having a blast before HoT)

After HoT? I’ve tried, I really have, but I just think after all the games “I need to get back to DH, this kitten is useless”. Damage is weaker than most classes because everyone got buffed (DH hts like a truck now, before Medi Guard was pretty on par with Warrior IMO, only won in 1v1 because of all the access to blinds and block Guardian had, which made them able to avoid our key skills. DD also got damage increase, Reapers the same), because of all the blinds, after Berserker Stance is gone is pretty much GG. Rampage is so easy avoided that I think it’s pretty much useless now, better go with Signet or Banner (you will miss all Rampage skills anyway because of the blinds and blocks)

Warrior for PvP is still be stuck to Discipline because of Fast Hands (funny how the line could be replaced with Berserker and improve our damage but that little Minor Trait makes a whole line needed), for damage and support builds you will still need Defence most of the times (if not all), and for damage without Strength it’s GG, for support without Tactics pretty much the same (no Tactics = no support). You can go kamikaze and use Strength Discipline and Berserker (I’ve done it, damage is good but you are more frail than paper).

All this and the lack of active defences (blinds and blocks) and passive defencive buffs (protection and regen) and lack of condi defence if you don’t go Defence line make Warrior such a weak option. All the games I’ve won since HoT I felt carried (okay there was one or 2 games where the enemy players were really bad).

I either stop playing PvP or I will not play Warrior until things change (when I play a class I have to enjoy it in pretty much all game modes, otherwise it will bug the hell out of me not being able to use my character when I want to PvP)

I honestly haven’t rolled Revenant yet because I have been happy with DH and I don’t feel like making a new character and complete everything again..

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I found it funny the #2 bow skill on DH is basically Kill Shot but doesn’t need adrenaline and is on a tiny cooldown…

in Warrior

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

warrior is in bad spot ad moend in pvp and pve only good spot is wvw

in Warrior

Posted by: Michael.4079

Michael.4079

Well….I know it´s gonna be strange, but I feel quite comfortable playing berserker in PvP….

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

warrior is in bad spot ad moend in pvp and pve only good spot is wvw

PvE? Are you crazy? Warrior for PvE is more than a good spot, is part of all metas (dgns, fractals and raids) and one of the most wanted classes for that content

PvP is our problem

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I think people are confusing PVP feedback for PVE.
All the complaints are about pvp.

Warriors do excellent damage and bring great utility. Which is all you need in PVE. Where warriors run into problems in PVP, is trying to stay alive long enough to use all that dps. This is a non issue in PVE where the dodge button and whirl wind are enough to keep you up.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

I rolled a Revenant as well and while I agree that they are more powerful than warrior in pretty much every game mode, PvP, PvE, WvW, I still enjoy the play style of a warrior. I never enjoyed playing boon/upkeep of Herald despite being extremely powerful and able to solo WvW lords with a Hammer/S+Shield build. It’s overpowered when played right, but I just dont like the style of Revenants.

I like warriors and their core theme, but I find it discouraging how badly they are placing in sPvP at the moment as sPvP is one of my favorite game modes.

I hope the devs will redesign warriors for the new GW2 that is HoT as much of our mechanics are extremely outdated. Longbow shots are slow, dont pierce, and offer little protection compared to DH Guardians. Much of our Physical skills dont land, GS#4 is too slow for the cooldown that it has, Axe #2 is weak, Axe F1 needs more range as does Shield #4, and Sword #3 Cooldown is too long for its damage when compared to something like a Revenant Sword #3 UA skill which is much easier to land. Many of our skills and mechanics were made for a Meta of simpler times when opponents didn’t dish out as much CC and damage as they do now. Our passive survival has been nerfed and now it hasn’t been brought back up to par so we feel like we die immediately after Stance Skills runs out.

in Warrior

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

Revenant Drop the Hammer:
15s CD
2s knockdown
1200 range!
1.45 Damage modifier!

Earthshaker
Full adrenaline bar
1s-2s stun
600 range melee skill
1.25 damage modifier

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Warriors do excellent damage and bring great utility. Which is all you need in PVE. Where warriors run into problems in PVP, is trying to stay alive long enough to use all that dps. This is a non issue in PVE where the dodge button and whirl wind are enough to keep you up.

Disagree.
warrior bring no utility. Banners bring utility. If the warrior doesn’t bring those, they do not naturally bring any else of notable exception. EA is helpful, but wasted on a boss like arch diviner where most of your team is over 600 units away. PS stacks might, but if your in the ranged vale guard party, you won’t stack anything. If you use any other weapon outside of GS, you wont stack anything. They bring no defense, no buffs, no enemy debuffs. They provide no aura’s, they provide no group cleanse, they provide no group heal, they provide no group stealth, they provide no group stability, no reflects, no,..no,…no.. I enjoy warrior as much as the next guy and lvl’ed mine to 500 crafting in many areas. all ascended, legendary etc because i felt they were the most secure profession to heavily invest in…i was wrong. They have been buffed/nerfed/over nerfed so many times they have become of the top 3 most blue chip professions to invest in.
many players have rose tinted glasses with warrior. It is not until they play a number of other professions now that they begin to realise that warrior developed is under performing. Pretty much every profession has moved well beyond them in terms of how much they can bring to the table.

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Disagree.
warrior bring no utility. Banners bring utility. If the warrior doesn’t bring those, they do not naturally bring any else of notable exception. EA is helpful, but wasted on a boss like arch diviner where most of your team is over 600 units away. PS stacks might, but if your in the ranged vale guard party, you won’t stack anything. If you use any other weapon outside of GS, you wont stack anything. They bring no defense, no buffs, no enemy debuffs. They provide no aura’s, they provide no group cleanse, they provide no group heal, they provide no group stealth, they provide no group stability, no reflects, no,..no,…no.. I enjoy warrior as much as the next guy and lvl’ed mine to 500 crafting in many areas. all ascended, legendary etc because i felt they were the most secure profession to heavily invest in…i was wrong. They have been buffed/nerfed/over nerfed so many times they have become of the top 3 most blue chip professions to invest in.
many players have rose tinted glasses with warrior. It is not until they play a number of other professions now that they begin to realise that warrior developed is under performing. Pretty much every profession has moved well beyond them in terms of how much they can bring to the table.

So much this. Warrior isn’t in a good spot for pve at all. I struggle solo with warrior and it’s now that only class in struggle with. Reaper feels like warrior to me now. Ps and banners are the only thing a warrior can do and ps isn’t even that important anymore with a herald and tempest constantly stacking might

in Warrior

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

You guys are just being whiney.

I rerolled from warr to rev in hot and have from today come back to my warrior. For a start the actual playstyle is a lot more fun and holy kitten the dps is good! I’m only a power warr atm but I already feel much stronger than my rev, can kill champs/veterans faster anyway. Currently gearing for the condi setup as I love longbow so that’s going to be even nicer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

From a PvE perspective, warriors are stellar. PS is still a staple of good groups, even with revenants and outside of PS, condi does superb dps and it’s ranged too (well, like any high dps ranged build, dps is maximized by dipping into melee periodically).

WvW…idk…I’m guessing they’re still good front-liners…

PvP on the other hand…

in Warrior

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Warrior is horrid in PvP, but it is in better spot than Rev in PvE… I really think the core needs some buffs to make it again viable as right now it is not, in terms of 1v1 it is doing good…. but in team fights and general spvp… Anet halp

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Warrior is horrid in PvP, but it is in better spot than Rev in PvE… I really think the core needs some buffs to make it again viable as right now it is not, in terms of 1v1 it is doing good…. but in team fights and general spvp… Anet halp

Sorry did you just said that Warrior is in better spot in PvE than revenant? Please explain how you came up with that conclusion?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Sorry did you just said that Warrior is in better spot in PvE than revenant? Please explain how you came up with that conclusion?

Apparently, clinging to Greatsword/Phalanx Strength makes for some interesting and engaging gameplay with multiple viable weapon sets that give both damage and support and naturally beats out Herald as the ultimate AoE buff machine.

Apparently.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

• Best might stacking in the game
  • Unique buffs from banners
  • Has a top end power and condi build.

In a raid, you’ll never want more than 2 heralds since the boons are just redundant after that and revenants don’t have any non-boon focused dps build that’s worth using. However, you can easily run 2 PS warriors plus some condi warriors in an ideal raid comp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

In a raid, you’ll never want more than 2 heralds since the boons are just redundant after that and revenants don’t have any non-boon focused dps build that’s worth using. However, you can easily run 2 PS warriors plus some condi warriors in an ideal raid comp.

^This. The Warrior outclasses the rev in terms of DPS, heck ideally for dungeons I would not run a Rev for a speedclear anyways

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Warrior

Azure.8670

^This. The Warrior outclasses the rev in terms of DPS, heck ideally for dungeons I would not run a Rev for a speedclear anyways

condi war does more dps than power rev, but power rev surpasses power war

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Warrior’s personal DPS is absurdly high right now in PvE and they’re in really good shape at the moment, what are you two on about?

I’ll agree that as far as group utility is concerned, it’s not as exciting of a class to take anymore but there are still banners and EA and phalanx strength is still a great asset to group play despite it not being absolutely necessary in order for there to be capped might at the table.

As far as survival is concerned, warrior isn’t really a class that should experience much of a problem anywhere in PvE unless you’re in a situation that would probably end up in a disaster on pretty much all other classes as well. Azure you’re right about most of warrior’s heal options being extremely situational, which is why healing signet is generally always the best choice when you actually need to concern yourself about sustaining in combat. It still heals over 20k hp/min, which is significantly higher than what most other classes have.

Now, one thing that I wonder is if you’re trying to exclusively play with the elite spec or if you think warrior in general is in bad shape? There is a problem with the elite spec actually— you have to sacrifice a lot of useful options in order to take it, be it the arms traitline or the discipline one.

Discipline is mainly needed because of fast hands to have a comfortable rotation, whereas arms is needed because of signet mastery and furious however it also has blademaster for reducing sword skill cooldowns. This can be used for a 12s riposte instead of a 15s one, and that results in having blocks available for 18.75% of an encounter. Thats pretty darn good for surviving.

To anybody else that might claim warrior’s current state in PvE for damage is bad hough… seriously, you’re doing something horribly wrong. Both condi builds and direct damage builds are higher now than they were pretty much ever as far as I know since Bloody Roar got that nice 10% damage modifier.

I formerly wasn’t convinced that the current maximum potential of a warrior could compare with the warrior of the pre-ferocity days, but now it’s pretty obvious that it can.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Warrior’s personal DPS is absurdly high right now in PvE and they’re in really good shape at the moment, what are you two on about?

I’ll agree that as far as group utility is concerned, it’s not as exciting of a class to take anymore but there are still banners and EA and phalanx strength is still a great asset to group play despite it not being absolutely necessary in order for there to be capped might at the table.

As far as survival is concerned, warrior isn’t really a class that should experience much of a problem anywhere in PvE unless you’re in a situation that would probably end up in a disaster on pretty much all other classes as well. Azure you’re right about most of warrior’s heal options being extremely situational, which is why healing signet is generally always the best choice when you actually need to concern yourself about sustaining in combat. It still heals over 20k hp/min, which is significantly higher than what most other classes have.

Now, one thing that I wonder is if you’re trying to exclusively play with the elite spec or if you think warrior in general is in bad shape? There is a problem with the elite spec actually— you have to sacrifice a lot of useful options in order to take it, be it the arms traitline or the discipline one.

Discipline is mainly needed because of fast hands to have a comfortable rotation, whereas arms is needed because of signet mastery and furious however it also has blademaster for reducing sword skill cooldowns. This can be used for a 12s riposte instead of a 15s one, and that results in having blocks available for 18.75% of an encounter. Thats pretty darn good for surviving.

To anybody else that might claim warrior’s current state in PvE for damage is bad hough… seriously, you’re doing something horribly wrong. Both condi builds and direct damage builds are higher now than they were pretty much ever as far as I know since Bloody Roar got that nice 10% damage modifier.

I formerly wasn’t convinced that the current maximum potential of a warrior could compare with the warrior of the pre-ferocity days, but now it’s pretty obvious that it can.

Im happy you came to this thread PM, good to see you.

I agree Berserkers dps is great, especially condi which I will admit I tried sinister/viper as fast as possible and I had no success with it but my build was kitten by bad rune and sigil choices, im glad to see a more patient theorycrafter put together the current condi (meta).

As for Berserker power dps, I too agree it is a beautiful thing, but Its not higher than revs at least from what I can see. I know the numbers said Rev has the highest dps for a power build and I argued that was wrong, but ive been too busy to really test berserker vs rev and decided im prob wrong at this point since ive seen no one else come to berserkers side in this argument.

However, I DO struggle in pve using a power build. NOT for anything group related, but for solo things such as farming currency and such in HoT maps, I just get eaten alive and I truly dont understand it. Half of it is because ive always hated rifle and I feel like its necessary to use for farming in hot (I dont know why tbh). It seems this is user error however since like you said, it shouldnt be difficult at all.

Im happy you agree with me on the healing as most people dont even think about this since theyre so stuck on healing signet. Healing signet IS great, ill never say its not, but I think I prefer the berserkers new heal.

My issue with berserker over all is the core warrior. Fast hands not being baseline, regen on banners not being baseline (I can understand why theyre not, somewhat) and our lack of variety in weapons is somewhat.. disturbing. We have the most weapons in the game and have such limits on what we can use. Mace and Hammer are both great weapons that are limited by either Berserkers F1, or their lack of actual dps.

I can go on and on but theres so many posts about this

in Warrior

Posted by: newbihack.7180

newbihack.7180

Just play cleric warrior build. That’s what I did. healing my teammate for 6k every 20s seems fun to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Just play cleric warrior build. That’s what I did. healing my teammate for 6k every 20s seems fun to me.

Hey, almost half as much as berserker Druid. Good job.

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Im happy you came to this thread PM, good to see you.

I agree Berserkers dps is great, especially condi which I will admit I tried sinister/viper as fast as possible and I had no success with it but my build was kitten by bad rune and sigil choices, im glad to see a more patient theorycrafter put together the current condi (meta).

As for Berserker power dps, I too agree it is a beautiful thing, but Its not higher than revs at least from what I can see. I know the numbers said Rev has the highest dps for a power build and I argued that was wrong, but ive been too busy to really test berserker vs rev and decided im prob wrong at this point since ive seen no one else come to berserkers side in this argument.

However, I DO struggle in pve using a power build. NOT for anything group related, but for solo things such as farming currency and such in HoT maps, I just get eaten alive and I truly dont understand it. Half of it is because ive always hated rifle and I feel like its necessary to use for farming in hot (I dont know why tbh). It seems this is user error however since like you said, it shouldnt be difficult at all.

Im happy you agree with me on the healing as most people dont even think about this since theyre so stuck on healing signet. Healing signet IS great, ill never say its not, but I think I prefer the berserkers new heal.

My issue with berserker over all is the core warrior. Fast hands not being baseline, regen on banners not being baseline (I can understand why theyre not, somewhat) and our lack of variety in weapons is somewhat.. disturbing. We have the most weapons in the game and have such limits on what we can use. Mace and Hammer are both great weapons that are limited by either Berserkers F1, or their lack of actual dps.

I can go on and on but theres so many posts about this

Yea, power builds are pretty rough in the new open world content. That’s about the only legitimate gripe I can see for warrior in PvE. =P

in Warrior

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

I found it funny the #2 bow skill on DH is basically Kill Shot but doesn’t need adrenaline and is on a tiny cooldown…

Hmm… lets see

Kill Shot:
Damage Level 1 damage: 869 (2.25)
Damage Level 2 damage: 1,063 (2.75)
Damage Level 3 damage: 1,256 (3.25)
Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
Range: 1,500
Pierces when traited

True Shot:
Damage Damage: 665 (2.66)
Pierces
Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
Range: 1,200

Do you not see how huge the damage modifiers is on Kill Shot compared to True Shot?

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

in Warrior

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

As a guardian main, I have recently been trying out berserker in HoT PVE and have been very underwhelmed. As a AH guard, mediguard, or DH I can breeze through HoT content with no problems; with berserker it is a real struggle. Perhaps I need to tweak my build, but it doesnt seem like warrior has any “bailout” skills to recover and heal up, and has to rely on a high health to get by. And where is the dps?

On a guard I can heal with shouts, heal with meditations, or just flat out blow the enemy away with dps on DH. Also I have ranged damage available, which seems to be becoming more and more important.

I’ve tried hammer, I’ve tried GS, I’ve tried longbow, and I’ve tried sword/torch. What am I missing to make this berserker build viable (and fun)?

in Warrior

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

As a guardian main, I have recently been trying out berserker in HoT PVE and have been very underwhelmed. As a AH guard, mediguard, or DH I can breeze through HoT content with no problems; with berserker it is a real struggle. Perhaps I need to tweak my build, but it doesnt seem like warrior has any “bailout” skills to recover and heal up, and has to rely on a high health to get by. And where is the dps?

On a guard I can heal with shouts, heal with meditations, or just flat out blow the enemy away with dps on DH. Also I have ranged damage available, which seems to be becoming more and more important.

I’ve tried hammer, I’ve tried GS, I’ve tried longbow, and I’ve tried sword/torch. What am I missing to make this berserker build viable (and fun)?

Have you tried playing condi? My 1200ish burnzerk takes 3 seconds to fire up all his 4 skills(lb2,lb5, shatter, 1x burst) and then i switch targets. Mob dies b4 reaching me. Also, burnzerk is the 2nd highest dps in game. Warrior’s in a very good spot in PvE right now.
I also have a Revenant. While it facerolls mostly anything, soloing champions(most of em) is way too easy and the class feels 0 skill uber high reward. Yes, we know it’s a marketing gig, but as most people did so far, I also rerolled and abandoned my revenant, because it’s literally no fun playing a class that turns on his almost passive boons and spends tons of amounts of time auto attacking(and MAYBE using unrelenting, but in the jungle, that thing bugs more than it should)

in Warrior

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

don’t worry you’ll have to wait only 3 months

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

Pure Berserk Equip is not easy playable in Hots because alot of Mobs have CC effects which hurt alot. Revenant has the same problems but scales wonderful with the new Boon duration equip. On the other hand Longbow Burning is easy playable and very effective in HoTs, many enemy cc effects exisit only on paper. My problem is that the berserk specialisation feels “incomplete” because the new Rage Skills are not “playable”.

(edited by Capa.7684)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

For PvP: DH > Warrior/Berserker
For PvE Warrior/Berserker > DH

DHs suck in PvE Meta events cause you can’t trap dragons or any other of those large bosses, if a Dragonhunter can’t hunt dragons, whats the point of playing it in PvE?
Berserker GS just mows down PvE metas and even fractals, the damage output puts DH in a 2nd tier spot.