Reworking "Call to Arms" for Warrior Warhorn

in Warrior

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

What do you guys think about swapping Vigor for Stability and Weakness for Retaliation for the Warrior’s warhorn “Call to Arms” skill? Currently, it grants 10 secs of Vigor and 6 secs Weakness on your foe. How awesome (or uncool) would it be for it to grant 10 secs of Stability and 6 secs of Retaliation instead?

Here’s a little background of why I would think the rework would be awesome. As a warrior, I normally run at the front of the pack, and whenever we’re about to clash with another zerg, I get cc’d to death by caster classes who are far behind enemy lines, which normally results in my death. Sure, I could follow suit and snipe them with rifle, but I prefer melee weapons (sword/mace and axe/shield) because I feel it’s more warrior like, nothing against longbow and rifle. It would be nice to not have to pop all of my utilities and heals before I actually make it to the enemy’s front line.

I’m sure there are a lot more instances where it would be handy/OP, but i think it’ll add a little survivability to the profession.

Switching out retaliation for protection would be beast, but I guess one shouldn’t ask for too much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

A stability/retaliation granting blast finisher that while traited converts conditions to boons on a 16 second cooldown defines overpowered all by itself. The duration you listed could be easily bumped to permanent status with traits which is also ridiculous.

Also consider that stability is only granted by utility or elite skills for any class. Giving Warriors stability on a weapon skill is also OP. On top of that, what warrior would ever, when given the choice, pick Balanced Stance in favor of Call to Arms under those circumstances?

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

“Giving Warriors stability on a weapon skill is also OP”.

When other classes start to have stunbreackers only on utilitys and/or elites i will agree with you. Right now that point is not a valid one.

To the OP.
I would rather have the vigor changed to stability (less duration of course) and retaliation on traits as it is now. I would like to have easy access to weakness because they are reworking the condition and weakness will be much better than now (i hope).

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Krisztian.8405

To make the “stability” permanent would require a huge sacrifice in damage for a warrior.

With traits, you can reduce “Call to Arms” cd to 16 seconds. Then you’d have to buff up the boon duration to 60%. With that master trait, you’re already at 20%. Food can get you another 20%, then you have to get 2 superior runes (monk or water) with would get you another 15%. That’s a total of 55% You can get the other 5% through trinkets with snowflakes or another pair of runes.

Another method to get 60% boon duration is to use 30 points in tactics, 2 superior runes of water, and 2 superior runes of the monk.

If you don’t trait up, you’ll need 100% boon duration, and I don’t think that’s possible without points in tactics (why would you put points in tactics and not get the trait?!?!).

As you can see, trying to make it permanent will only hurt your build damage wise.

Who would use Balance stance over “Reworked Warhorn?” —umm people who use Gs/ A/S builds, Gs Rifle builds, Gs hammer builds, ect.

The only OP thing I see about the rework is that warhorn warriors would be harder to catch/stop. Being harder to catch isn’t anything new though, think about guardians, eles, thieves, mesmers, engineers (from the perspective of a warrior).

I guess it could seem OP if your build relies on CCs, but the response to that is to diversify your bonds. There isn’t a single build that would work on everyone. If yours does, then that build should be nerfed, and you shouldn’t be here complaining about a theoretical change.

Stability isn’t invulnerability, it can be stripped, and it can only be stacked 3 times.

in Warrior

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

No, thank you. With the upcoming changes to weakness, I would prefer having it, instead of stability, which the thief fotm will most likely remove anyways. Weakness on the other hand removes the effect of vigor, and they are buffing it, so that it will actually reduce burst(according to the last pvpSOTG).

in Warrior

Krisztian.8405

If you’re worried about thieves, consider this.

Thieves have a master trait, fleet of foot, which removes cripple and weakness on dodge, and the internal cd is 10 secs, which means weakness is wasted on them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

If you’re worried about thieves, consider this.

Thieves have a master trait, fleet of foot, which removes cripple and weakness on dodge, and the internal cd is 10 secs, which means weakness is wasted on them.

Of course, that would imply a thief spends more then 20 points in that tree and takes it over Gain 2 Initiative every 10 seconds.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Warriors shouldn’t have access to vigor, should be more about holding the line and keeping on people, not dodging around.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Krisztian.8405

That is tough. However with adept trait, shadow’s embrace, Remove one condition every 3 seconds while in stealth. p/d thieves still shouldn’t have a problem removing it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Give it a stun break, and 1sec fear

in Warrior

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Check out ANET’s blog post since call to arms will be affected by the upcoming patch.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-skill-and-trait-changes/
———-
Weakness condition change

We have a very interesting change coming to Weakness condition. Currently, Weakness decreases endurance regeneration and causes non-critical hits to have a chance to become glancing blows. We wanted this condition to punish spike damage, but it was a bit underwhelming because critical hits, which are essential to spike damage, have previously bypassed Weakness’s effect. Weakness will now cause all hits, both critical and non-critical, to have a chance to become a glancing blow. We went through and rebalanced a lot of the weakness durations for this change. We think this change will make the condition more meaningful and give it much more play.
————
All hits reduced to 50% effectiveness as a glancing blow is quite nice. I look forward to testing it out in game when the patch goes live.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Warrior

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

I think with the new improvements in weakness it is fine where its at.