Rifle Spellbreakers a thing?

in Warrior

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I still run good ole base rifle warrior for roaming(arms, defense, discipline) sometimes. It’s fine.

On the beta weekend I fooled around with the idea of swapping arms with strength and discipline with spell breaker. It worked pretty well. You can get a pretty solid amount of sustain with might makes right, adrenal health and healing signet. Damage wise it was decent. it was def another style of play that I look forward to revisiting.

The issue with rifle spell breaker, or any variant of spell breaker not using dagger is that burst skills count as teir 1 which are not great damage. Until they fix that issue, base warrior will prob be better in regards to rifle and likely the same for other weapons.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Warrior

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Hmm, cant delete topic unfortunately. You make a good point that I had not realised – with the burst cap that would really make the idea sub optimal. NM, lets let this topic pass.

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

Not only that but with so much projectile hate in the game it can be difficult to even land a ranged burst sometimes.

Plus there are the wonky bugs happening with ranged attacks that seemed to skyrocket after the last few patches. “Obstructed!”, “Out of Range!”. Really? the mofo is standing right in front of me!

Longbow is even worse.

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

The only burst skill I can think of off the top of my head that is completely and utterly fine at 1st level is Arcing Slice. The only thing Arcing Slice loses is long fury application… which is fine to miss out on.

Longbow burst and Sword burst are potentially still useful as well; a fire field and some okay bleeding (don’t think spellbreaker has much of a place when it comes to condition damage, however).

Other bursts that do lower damage might be okay, because with Attacker’s Insight you can theoretically get to the bursts again quicker than core warrior. You won’t be able to hit as hard, but you can get them out more frequently (theoretically).

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ughhh save urself the trouble and don’t bother. I tried running vanilla gunblame with the recent buffs/nerfs and it was pretty horrible. The damage IS there no doubt about that. But relying on killshot isn’t practical at all. 1. its slow and it makes you a huge target. 2. its very hard to land on a moving target since u are stationary and the projectile isn’t fast so it often parabola’s wrong and misses. 3. there are so many blocks that you have to time it with ur unblockable….and considering how often ur likely to miss its hard not to waste ur unblockable. 4. you will feel the need to land the burst on anything so long as it grants the 21% dmg increase…..making the whole idea of killshot laughable.

Full glass gunflame isn’t what ur gonna be using with spellbreaker rifle though…..ur gonna be a more tanky kinda role. But as a more tanky role why would you want to bother landing killshots that do 5k max damage? Rather pointless even if you get them to pierce through multiple foes. Better to get a fire field going and all that with power bow.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Tinnel.4369

Tinnel.4369

Rifle and Axe definitely take a big hit with Spellbreaker. Hammer and mace lose some stun time, but still play well with Spellbreaker because they result in the boon rip > AoE boon rip > adrenaline generation..

in Warrior

sneakytails.5629

Ughhh save urself the trouble and don’t bother. I tried running vanilla gunblame with the recent buffs/nerfs and it was pretty horrible. The damage IS there no doubt about that. But relying on killshot isn’t practical at all. 1. its slow and it makes you a huge target. 2. its very hard to land on a moving target since u are stationary and the projectile isn’t fast so it often parabola’s wrong and misses. 3. there are so many blocks that you have to time it with ur unblockable….and considering how often ur likely to miss its hard not to waste ur unblockable. 4. you will feel the need to land the burst on anything so long as it grants the 21% dmg increase…..making the whole idea of killshot laughable.

I dont find Killshot laughable, and neither do the many peeps I have stomped who did not respect the rifle. Both my Core Axe/Axe-Rifle main, and a second Core warrior who is built around Rifle specifically (Rifle-Sword/Shield) do well enough for me not to drop it outright.

Killshot becomes much stronger when you use the rest of the rifle, and especially your 2nd weapon set and get good setups.

Some of my best killshots are on thiefs too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I dont find Killshot laughable, and neither do the many peeps I have stomped who did not respect the rifle. Both my Core Axe/Axe-Rifle main, and a second Core warrior who is built around Rifle specifically (Rifle-Sword/Shield) do well enough for me not to drop it outright.

Killshot becomes much stronger when you use the rest of the rifle, and especially your 2nd weapon set and get good setups.

Haha…stupid teefs getting hit with killshot

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Warrior

sneakytails.5629

I dont discriminate.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

wuts ur builds? rather curious. lack of chase on axe/axe rifle, so im guessing pvp mode build? bulls charge in there too? might be funny.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]