Rifle/Sword Warrior switches to Greatsword/Rifle Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: RoseRIP.8502

RoseRIP.8502

My first character is a level 80 guardian that uses a greatsword as the main weapon.

I was excited to make a warrior that uses rifle as its main weapon to fight enemies at a distance. I got to level 36 and just couldn’t use the rifle as a main weapon anymore. It’s not that the attack speed is slow (even without piercing trait at level 40) but it’s the fact that the rifle has three attack animations that are the same – #1, #2, #4.

It’s the lack of not having a variety of unique attacks to keep the rifle as my main weapon. I decided to use the greatsword as my main weapon and use the rifle as my secondary weapon to pull monsters and when I feel like pew pewing from afar.

The greatsword is so fun to use though! Besides the basic attack, you have a rambo barrage, twirly twist, sword throw, and charge attack that is great as a gap closer or distance creator.

Maybe it was because I was spoiled with guardian’s unique set of (#1-5 moves) but does anyone else feel turned off by the rifle’s lack of unique animations to not make it their main weapon?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hals Warrior.9863

Hals Warrior.9863

Hey, I can see were you are coming from as I use the same weapon set as you (although I am only level 36) But as much as I hear what you’re saying I can’t help but wonder “What more do you want them to do?” I don’t really get it. I mean, it’s a rifle. You’re going to hold it into your shoulder and pull the trigger. I think maybe the #5 Rifle (Pimp) Slap could have been a little more inventive but apart from that I think it’s all good

P.S: If You’re a Guardian why are you posting in the Warrior Section?

“It’s easy when you know how.”

in Warrior

Posted by: timestandstill.8964

timestandstill.8964

I went through the opposite change, started out with a greatsword/rifle setup and switched to rifle/sword around level 50 or so.

Rely on iron, not false gods.

in Warrior

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

well… its a rifle, so… i guess it should shoot like a rifle…

skill 4 isnt all the same, its got some rings around the bullet as it travels through the air.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

well… its a rifle, so… i guess it should shoot like a rifle…

skill 4 isnt all the same, its got some rings around the bullet as it travels through the air.

They could do more with guns than just a standard rifle shot though to add some flare.

Think of John Woo style action movies. They could have the guy do some fancy animations while hes just shooting his rifle.

Sure it may not be practical, but you cant tell me that doing a triple twist while swinging your hammer or whatever else is actually practical either. Its there to make the game graphically entertaining.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deria.9158

Deria.9158

I’d rather my opponent not really know whats coming until it starts killing him.

EDIT: For a graphically entertaining moment, I’ll /dance on his corpse.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

@Hals Warrior: Cause he is discussing a warrior animation issue?

Problem is rifles aren’t entertaining weapons, you can make it a very old musket though and make the animation of a warrior standing there loading his weapon. This isn’t entertaining either. Making animations more “entertaining” is nice a few times, then it becomes annoying and boring just as boring animations stay boring as time passes.

in Warrior

Posted by: stonberg.4198

stonberg.4198

I’ve never thought of the weapon slots in terms of main/secondary myself, just two identical slots that you switch between. I’ve been GS + Rifle from very early on, ever since I thought “Wait, I can use a … rifle?! :-D” It’s my favourite Warrior weapon, mainly because in using it there’s no chance of spinning around in a beautiful animation sequence hurting nothing but the air. The rifle skills all sound different, that’s sufficient differentiation for me (in fact, the sound bugged out the other day making all the rifle attacks almost silent and I found that unplayable). If I were to give a different weapon a try, it’d be the GS that’s replaced (probably with the hammer).